Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

tom1ie wrote: »
    i know we are saying it doesn't really matter what manager we get in, but if we were to do another rebuild and be backed by levy and Lewis, so that the new manager can clear out the deadwood, what do we think of scott parker?
    would he be a strong enough character to command players respect?

there's your problem right there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

for what its worth I agree that Levy has ruined what pooch built, there is no hiding that fact now

yes I also heard he asked Mourhino to play ALI and Winks more, crazy stuff

I dont think lewis has any say in club, I believe I read somewhere its ENIC run and while they are a subsidiary of the Lewis empire they are also ran separately by Levy, hence when they needed cash for the stadium rebuild and levy approached big Joe, he wanted Levy to water down his holding in ENIC by selling him some of his shares in return for the loan (I could be wrong on that one)

Levy refused and went to banks instead

either way ive resigned myself to the fact that we are screwed and a mid table club for the foreseeable

Potter, I know a lot fans like him, but im not so sure, would Kane and Son consider another season under him

Just like Mourhino all those years ago, I think we messed up big time not going for Nagelsman when we could

The first five minutes of this city-psg game is hard to watch and not compare to the ten-touch muck our professional hesitaters present to us

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Considering you could build our stadium for the cost of these players, its not that surprising.

Imagine winks in centre of one of them mids

• Advertisement

You can pooch stamp on PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

You can pooch stamp on PSG

The fact they are second in a one horse race in the league- indeed u can!

Kiith wrote: »
    Considering you could build our stadium for the cost of these players, its not that surprising.

True to an extent but i cant watch brighton or leeds for the same reason 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

golfball37 wrote:
    The fact they are second in a one horse race in the league- indeed u can!

Better than finishing 3rd in a two horse race.

Theyve come out like kittens this second half, unbelievable tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Theyve come out like kittens this second half, unbelievable tbh

It reminded me of us v Man Utd in fa cup semi. Started well took lead and just stopped playing for no reason

To be fair PSG have been poor at home in CL this season with some of their best results coming away. Tie not over yet.

Meeting with Erik ten Hag apparently. Don't know much about him, but Ajax play some great football. Would almost certainly benefit the younger players as well. Probably a good candidate for a rebuild.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1387513489116237828

Meeting with Erik ten Hag apparently. Don't know much about him, but Ajax play some great football. Would almost certainly benefit the younger players as well. Probably a good candidate for a rebuild.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1387513489116237828

poor bastard - we'll ruin him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Watching a Champs Lge semi final - such memories of when we were there, and look at us now, trying to convince each other that the Fulham and Brighton managers would be good for us ..............

Jaysus chr1st ......

Youve been Enic'd ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Well Poch was Southampton manager and they weren't exactly top the league.

Well Poch was Southampton manager and they weren't exactly top the league.

And we werent in a Champs Lge final 2 yrs before he joined ........

You look for a manager who has proven he can develop players into a strong system, in england preferably

We arent going to buy great players who dont have a massive asterisk above their heads, look at ndombele and lo celso, promising and talented but what have we gotten out of them? Injuries, fitness issues, the odd game when they are fit and feel like it

Flawed individuals that are looking around for the reasons not to achieve.

Squad riddled with them

Daniel Farke, for instance, has proven himself a better manager of the resources he has available and probably a better fit for us than rodgers or mourinho or ten haag, who all have achieved in a system totally unlike ours with backing totally unlike ours

Pochettino achieved wonders with youth and limited players who bought in to a very specific system, and the odd gem like kane or dembele or an in form eriksen made it work

Our best players all cost peanuts in todays market and they were backed up by professional squad men and committed youth

Poch and the fans wanted more than cl qualification with those resources, they wanted trophies and constant challenging at the top but levy scuppered any attempt to do it, really.

Problem is, your players outgrow the team dynamic and individually decide they are a major cog in a top 4 team therefore they must be a top player.

We've seen how it worked out for them individually, once that attitude kicked in.

Whatever ten haag has achieved at a club run to bully its league and develop youth patiently wont be worth a donut once his mission is to get sissoko into the champions league

Poch was the right choice because he got southampton level players performing brilliantly, we are in no way above going back to a similar approach when seeking a manager for the actual ****ty situation levy will put him in

London Football Awards.

Harry Kane and Erik Lamela have been recognised with honours at this year’s London Football Awards.

In a virtually held ceremony on Tuesday evening, Harry was named as the ‘Premier League Player of the Year for 2020/21’, while Erik Lamela claimed the ‘Goal of the Year’ accolade.

It is the second time in his career that Harry has collected the Player of the Year award, having previously taken home the prize in 2018 - a season in which he recorded a career-best 45 goal involvements in all competitions. This year, however, the prolific marksman has gone above and beyond that with an outstanding return of 47 goal contributions in just 44 outings. The striker also currently leads both the Premier League’s goals (21) and assists (13) charts.

Our number 10 saw off competition from West Ham’s Declan Rice and Tomas Soucek, Mason Mount of Chelsea as well as team-mate Heung-Min Son to receive the award.

Next game :
    Sunday's Premier League clash with Sheffield United.
    Kick-off at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is at 7.15pm.

Alli has some lovely new dreads to display ... Will look nice in the stands...

• Advertisement

Managers are running a mile from us

We were paying poch 8m and mourinho 15m a year to put up with being figureheads and nobody is interested anymore

Levy simply has to go

We were paying poch 8m and mourinho 15m a year to put up with being figureheads and nobody is interested anymore

Levy simply has to go

Any 'established' manager with a pedigree would not go near us.
    We'd ruin his career , ala Mourinhno.

Any 'new' manager' would not go near us , if they can see what the players have done to the previous 2 managers, We'd ruin his career.

Untouchables/Uncoachables Fc.

Thank you Enic.

seem to be the case

rodgers wont even entertain us unless he is given transfer control

i think levy is under pressure for the first time

Levy simply has to go

THFC is toxic now - thanks Daniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ten Hag has just signed a contract extension, so that's him gone too.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Ten Hag has just signed a contract extension, so that's him gone too.

Used Levys 'interest' to get an extension... nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don’t see any evidence that Ten Hag was approached

Rafa Benitez or Gareth Southgate ?
    Ralf Rangnick or Massimo Allegri ?

Choose .....

BREAKING

Zoran Mamic, former Dinamo Zagreb manager has rejected an approach from Tottenham Hotspur.
    The club had wanted him to fill the vacant managerial position.
    He has decided he would rather remain imprisoned in Croatia.

Ormus wrote: »
    I don’t see any evidence that Ten Hag was approached

It's the wording in the tweet. If he's staying that means leaving was on the cards.

https://twitter.com/AFCAjax/status/1388059303123341314

• Advertisement

So the rumours are that Spurs spoke with him but backed out, which is interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I think I predicted Spurs would run riot when we played Sheffield United in July after lockdown. I made the bold statement that it could spark the run to end all runs. We fcucking lost 3-1 and we made Sheffield United team look like my Championship Manager PC game in 1998/99 where I had Denilson, Ortega, David’s, batistuta, desailly, stoitchkov and Figo bring in my mhh y Spurs team to a 4 year in a row quadruple and a few world super cups.

But I’m a year older, wiser, and more pragmatic in my hopes so I’m going for a over 4 goal victory and ndombele and bale to add to Kane’s brace. Sheffield United will have to be the fall guy to sustain the mauling of a century to make up for the shambles last week.

I take the Mourinho sacking as the most valuable and positive action we have taken this year. I was a huge Mourinhp fan. Always have been. I believed he was the missing piece of the jigsaw but after a great start he just ended up to football managing as Jake Paul Is to boxing.

But there is only one reason he was sacked the Monday before a Cup Final. Levy must have become aware through certain senior players that if Mourinho stayed at the club they would leave. Bale had just come out saying he was planning on returning to Madrid in the Summer and Kane said he wanted to win trophies.

If it wasn’t something as clearcut as that, Levy would not just hook him. Especially after it was reported in Mid April that Levy had stated that Jose would not be sacked in the Summer.

And this rubbish of championship managers or Southgate or even Benitez linked to the job is as crazy as Martini in one flew over the cuckoos nest. Spurs are setting themselves up to be sold and the business suicide of putting in a mediocre manager isn’t in Levy’s play book. I’m tipping that he has already signed Blick up during the international break or if worse comes to the worst Rangnick.

That will secure Kane Son and Bale will stay and the start of the most successful period in our history.

I love a bit of optimism in the morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I love a of of optimism in the morning :D

Well I’m 5 days into a 3 day session, and say I caught some dose off the shenanigans that were all fun and games when I was sipping pints and singing songs but now I’m head first down a sleeping bag, trying to open the my toes and Kane and Goals. Marching on today lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Have to say in over 30 years following the club that I never had less interest in a league game then today’s . I know we follow through good and bad times but just feel completely disillusioned with them at the moment . Little did I realise when in that fabulous new stadium couples seasons ago that it was a downward spiral we would go on I thought good times were ahead . Maybe they will be but I just find it hard to see them at moment. Looks like any decent manager is running the other way and our star man wants out . Anyway this season is pretty much done and by the time a new one rolls around in august the hope will have returned I’m sure .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Christ. Is gary neville just a complete bell end or it it just me???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Lloris;

Aurier, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon;

Hojbjerg, Lo Celso; Bale,

Ali, Son; Kane.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Ndombele being bullied so

spurshero wrote: »
    Have to say in over 30 years following the club that I never had less interest in a league game then today’s . I know we follow through good and bad times but just feel completely disillusioned with them at the moment . Little did I realise when in that fabulous new stadium couples seasons ago that it was a downward spiral we would go on I thought good times were ahead . Maybe they will be but I just find it hard to see them at moment. Looks like any decent manager is running the other way and our star man wants out . Anyway this season is pretty much done and by the time a new one rolls around in august the hope will have returned I’m sure .

It could be that managers are running away from our approaches, or it could just be that the papers have been dead wrong and had to backtrack.

The more I think about it I actually wouldn’t mind seeing if Graham Potter is up to the job. I’m not at all sure that he is, but Brighton look like a great team with terrible finishers.

Interesting line up today, looks high on flair but low on work rate. We shall see.

Id take potter if the signs were that levy accepted it meant a three year project to get back to european spots, with a major squad turnover

Id take potter if the signs were that levy accepted it meant a three year project to get back to european spots, with a major squad turnover

It’s the majority of fans who don’t show that kind of patience. I’d be surprised if major funds are available to any club at the moment, much less a club still suffering from a stadium that went miles over budget just before a world pandemic.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    It’s the majority of fans who don’t show that kind of patience. I’d be surprised if major funds are available to any club at the moment, much less a club still suffering from a stadium that went miles over budget just before a world pandemic.

Yes, there is that

We also have naming rights not sold, we havent put money into the squad relative to the income generated and the stadium is funded by loans that can always be turned over

And we will soon be packing that stadium full again with some of the highest prices in europe.

Levy gets credit for keeping things tight to achieve off the pitch so that we can in turn make a success on the pitch but he and joe lewis arent a penny short in their time owning spurs so we as fans shouldnt make any excuses for them now

Good bright start this

Son took a nice kick there he may struggle

Gotta make all this possession count soon.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Dele Alli losing the ball and not bothering his arse for the third spurs manager in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Captain Jack Sparrow giving it away too often.

Captain Jack Sparrow giving it away too often.

me thinks its Dele's brother :P

Sexy pass outta Serge

Well serge aurier we'll never be mates but take a bow lad

Beautiful flick by Bale, lovely ball from Aurier :)

1-0 to the Spurs

Alli's choice of pass and his willingness to get into the box is doing wonders for kane and sons options- i will give him that tbf

• Advertisement
Advertisement