Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Bale has a goal every 97 mins in the league this season

And he was magic there

If he plays his way back to usefulness ill be as happy as anyone else

(Alli, that is)

Lot more zip and zing to this

Another three goals and id start to enjoy it

Its seems every feckin match we sit here and say that has to be a yellow or a foul or whatever and we dont get it

But that HAS to be a red, an absolute joke of VAR not to

When you think of any of sonnys.....thats disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

How have VAR looked at that and said it wasn't intentional.

LoCelso will lose it now and get a yellow/red himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Deffo red by Fleck.....var :mad:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That's an unbelievable decision not to send Fleck off. Jesus that was obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Flack even looked to see where he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Red card all day long. Disgraceful. Fleck was looking at lo celso there.

• Advertisement

Lovely ball by Toby and cool finish by Sonny :eek:

Var.....offside

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

That Fleck one is wrong on so many levels.

Even if it's unintentional, he has still stood on his shoulder and then raked down his face. Absolutely endangering the player. It's still a red.

But he knew too well what he was doing. Absolute filth

Im thinking of the NLD and the cup final last week, decisions that matter and we just arent one of those teams that refs feel the need to give a straight go of things

Fab from sonny and cool from bale

Have that fleck, i hope one of our boss men sorts him out yet

Cracker from Bale.....his 8th premier league this season.

2-0

Clean sheet now please

Beautiful Bale Hatrick, second assist from Aurier

• Advertisement

Bale hattrick, super wing play from aurier again

The passing and runs are so much better

Twasnt ryan mason improved these lads overnight. Im not forgetting that either, theyve been dropping points to sack mourinho and the club be damned.

Cheery note for ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Finally! Very nice from Son, that's what he's there for

Beauty

And nice to get winks and bergwijn on, two players we need to kick start their spurs careers again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It'd be nice if that was him coming back to himself, whatever was wrong with him the last few months. Sort himself out and sign a new contract.

• Advertisement

Sonny :D

lovely finish for 4-0:)

Lamela on and he will have flecks dna on his boots within five mins i predict

Jose who???? How did these best us earlier in the year. I know there relegated but there sh1te.

Some of the pitch-wide moves towards the end there were exceptional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Could have been 6 or 7. I know Sheffield United have been having a terrible season, but why couldn’t we play like this under Mourinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Thats the way you play against teams like that instead of sitting back after going 1 up and inviting the opposition to equalise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Good morning everyone. Absolutely amazing display yesterday and traditional Spurs exciting and attacking play. Bale was just class and Aurier had some great touches. I think I said a 4 goal victory but long may it continue. On to the next match. Let’s just win all of the remaining matches and see where we are then.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

It was Sheffield United who are brutal. Bale's finishing was brilliant, probably the best game Aurier has played for us from an attacking perspective. VAR is a joke, they need to scrap it. Clear sending off and Son's goal being disallowed says all that is wrong about VAR. It should never have been intended that someones toe/elbow etc. dictates whether someone is offside or not-it should be for clear offsides only and where any doubt exists the attacker should get the benefit of the doubt, IMO. And we have come out the 'right' side of some of those very dodgy VAR decisions.
    I thought Son was very sharp, his run, touch and finish for his disallowed goal was him at his best. The thoughts of Lo Celso and Alli in the same team against decent opposition seems to me like a luxury we can't afford. I looked closely at Lo Celso last night and he is a lazy player, he spends more time walking around the place, not a fan.
    Good to get a win, keep a clean sheet but the Leeds game will be nothing like last night, they will be in our face from start to finish. Will be an entertaining game but if our key players have their scoring boots on we will score a few against them.

I agree with most of that but it was nice to send out a team that did actually acknowledge we were playing rubbish and therefore set up to have attacking players attacking

The idea that tactics are more important than getting individuals playing near their capabilities needs firing into the sun, the end of poch and the whole of mourinho was a mess of that kind of rigidity, when we do actually have decent options if let at it.

But yeah, lets win the rest of our games before we make any great decisions on what the players or the future hold. Relegated sheffield utd with no pressure isnt the test tbf

As much as i will always like Poch, love seeing PSG getting beaten. Hatefull team full of egos.

• Advertisement

Neymar has been an embarrassment, a player of his talent and he just will not pass the ball.

I was totally wrong that PSG would be better in the second leg. Man City have been awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Will be interesting to see how Poch deals with the big egos at PSG. Was amazed he didn't take Verratti off after he had been booked, looked certain to be sent off in that second half. City and Foden in particular are different class but Neymar was very poor tonight when he was most needed.

Yeah I thought that late double substitution would mean Veratti being hooked. But hey in the end he didn't get sent off and finished the game. Somehow. I think the ref bottled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yeah I thought that late double substitution would mean Veratti being hooked. But hey in the end he didn't get sent off and finished the game. Somehow. I think the ref bottled it.

Fernandinho - 8-9-10 fouls ? no card ...
    Free pass to do the niggly fouls every game, and went down as if he got hit with a sledge hammer when DiMaria stood on his toe .....

Foden - the lad is class. Getting better and better.

*ThreadWatch - :)
    Theres about 15 posts in the City thread about it ! 15 ! When we got to the Final (before City and all their money did) there was pages of posts !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

greenspurs wrote: »
    *ThreadWatch - :)
    Theres about 15 posts in the City thread about it ! 15 ! When we got to the Final (before City and all their money did) there was pages of posts !

City have relatively few long term fans, so I would expect that they would generally have a lot fewer people posting on boards that ourselves, United, Liverpool, etc.

Also, they have won loads of trophies in recent years, so getting to another final is old hat for them, even if it is their first CL Final.

abff wrote: »
    City have relatively few long term fans, so I would expect that they would generally have a lot fewer people posting on boards that ourselves, United, Liverpool, etc.

Also, they have won loads of trophies in recent years, so getting to another final is old hat for them, even if it is their first CL Final.

Imagine being that bláse about getting to Finals , and winning things.....

Imagine being that bláse about getting to Finals , and winning things.....

We can but dream..

Eriksen picked up a lge winners medal over the weekend.

Another player that moved onto greener grass, and won something.

• Advertisement

José Mourinho is gonna be the new boss of Roma
    Eriksen picked up a lge winners medal over the weekend.

Delighted for him, he had a tough start at Inter, but showed he had the class to get through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I love villa real great defense..
    Just spanked arse out of the cup semi.

Enjoy the bottom half of the table super gunners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Leicester 2-0 down at home to Newcastle. If they lose this then top 4 is very much on for us. Until we fail to beat Leeds at least.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Leicester 2-0 down at home to Newcastle. If they lose this then top 4 is very much on for us. Until we fail to beat Leeds at least.

3 nil now. We will qualify for CL.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Crazy score, Leicester doing their best to not get top 4.

Newcastle look much improved.

Kiith wrote: »
    Crazy score, Leicester doing their best to not get top 4.

Newcastle look much improved.

4 now. Wilson on fire. Jaysus I’d take him and saint maximin in a heart beat. Leicester have to play United and Chelsea in the run in.

Honestly, I’m going to stick with my prediction on winning all our remaining matches. CL will be ours next season. Don’t ever doubt me.

*Apart from when we appear in finals.

Just one thing, and it’s nothing to do with Spurs. I was very upset with the passing of Alan McLoughlin. In memory of the goal in that night in November 1993 I’m posting the best poem ever written on Irish international football

https://youtu.be/kFT9oMoFN0s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

joeguevara wrote: »
    4 now. Wilson on fire. Jaysus I’d take him and saint maximin in a heart beat. Leicester have to play United and Chelsea in the run in.

And us on the last days of the season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Mr. Guappa wrote:

I was about to say 'come off it', 'don't be crazy' etc. Then I had a look a closer look at the table...

... If city beat Chelsea this weekend (to claim the title) it actually does open things up... Could Chelsea be distracted enough by their CL final?? and then factor in that we play Leicester on the last day.

We need united to beat Liverpool next weekend first though... to put an end if their 4th place hopes.

Can't believe I'm evening having this conversation to be honest.

tomo75 wrote: »
    And us on the last days of the season!!

Gary pallister told me that Bruce and Newcastle were going to annihilate Leicester.

I was about to say 'come off it', 'don't be crazy' etc. Then I had a look a closer look at the table...

... If city beat Chelsea this weekend (to claim the title) it actually does open things up... Could Chelsea be distracted enough by their CL final?? and then factor in that we play Leicester on the last day.

We need united to beat Liverpool next weekend first though... to put an end if their 4th place hopes.

I really had a crisis of confidence when we just capitulated in the Cup final. I’m just concentrating on our games and disregarding other matches. If we win them and I think we will then the dream is alive.

Come on lads. The joe show is here and the train is leaving the station. All aboard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Cue a 1-1 draw tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement