Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

TBH losing kane for huge money while we are top six ish isnt the blow that losing modric, berbatov or sheringham or (worst of all imo) campbell on a free was

The thing that guts me about this is that after all the progress made, all that was achieved, the team that was built and secured (all on long term deals after a run of top four two and three years ago) that levy has mealy-mouthed his way into this- our best players now want out of this club again.

Walker is listed as the start, but tbh i always had him down as a mug who we sold at the right time.

The damage was not strengthening for 18 months and then buying third choice to save peanuts.

Kane is the end of a long road but players stopped wanting the best for this club in pochs last year, not this week

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

Walker is listed as the start, but tbh i always had him down as a mug who we sold at the right time.

I agree with you about Walker, always thought he was a liability but yet he has 3 premier.medals, 4 league cups and Fa cup and possible CL this year........no wonder Kane is going WTF.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

so many poor decisions that have taken us to where we are now....

Not adequately replacing Walker, Vertonghen, Dembele or Eriksen
    Getting Sissoko instead of Mane
    Getting Rodon instead of Dias
    Low balling Villa for Grealish
    F**king Shanchez
    Sacking our best manager since Birkinshaw (a few months after a CL final), this probably seemed cheaper than giving Poch the required funds to build a new team, what did Poch say about having a lovely new house but with no furniture? Look how that worked out!

Levy is great on the commercial side but the whole football side of the equation has been neglected massively on a shoe string budget.
    This clusterfúck is all on him due to his deluded 'I know best' arrogance, the game is up Daniel.

As for Lewis, he doesn't give a flying fúck as long as his investment continues to increase in value (hence the ever increasing N17 property portfolio).

'There used to be a football club over there'

Oh, and I forgot Levy not buying any players for 18 months (while the opposition teams strengthened)

There was 'no value' in the market apparently, then when he eventually did buy, there he was fcuking around with N'koudo and N'Jie when we really needed a Kante and a Bruno Fernandes. He never buys the finished article and that's what our team needed the most.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I did call it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

greenspurs wrote: »
    How ?
    Why ?

No way...............

He wanted to leave last summer, but L€vy convinced him to stay 1 more season - he did.
    Why would/should he stay? He owes us nothing.
    Its up to L€vy now to make as much profit on a home grown kid as he can.
    Its a great day for €nic ...

You’re asking a lot of questions there. I never said he should stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Ormus wrote: »
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict that Kane will be here next season
    Ormus wrote: »
    You’re asking a lot of questions there. I never said he should stay.

You predicted that Kane would be here next season....

I asked How + Why ????

I never said that you said that, i questioned why you are predicting he will 'be here' next season ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I asked How + Why ????

I never said that you said that, i questioned why you are predicting he will 'be here' next season ....

The biggest reason why he might well still be there is that he has 3 years left on his contract. So unless there's some release clauses in there, all the power is with the club. Kane totally hamstrung himself in signing a 6 year deal.

Given the current depreciated market, it's likely he'll fetch just as much money next year as he would this year anyway. As ever, it'll just come down to money. If someone makes a seriously big offer, he'll likely leave. If they don't, he'll stay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thank christ he did sign that contract, or he'd be gone already, possibly on a free.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The biggest reason why he might well still be there is that he has 3 years left on his contract. So unless there's some release clauses in there, all the power is with the club. Kane totally hamstrung himself in signing a 6 year deal.

Given the current depreciated market, it's likely he'll fetch just as much money next year as he would this year anyway. As ever, it'll just come down to money. If someone makes a seriously big offer, he'll likely leave. If they don't, he'll stay.

or he believed that the club were going places when he signed the contract?
    Enic obviously failed him.

L€vy could decide to be the cnut and try play hardball to get the extra few £££'s, but why leave it too late (ala Berbatov) ?
    If players want to go - they go. Simple as that.

Sell the man early, try get a manager in, and let him spend the money to try replace the best striker in the premier league .....

yeh, right......

We'll end up getting Martial or Gabriel Jesus in part exchange ......
    #FrazierCampbell2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I for one am delighted to see Kane go. He served us well, stayed longer then he needed to and is going out at the best time for us in terms of a premium price. Hopefully he has a good euros this summer and we get another 10-20 on top of his current market value. I hope he gets great success were ever he ends up. He deserves much better then he will ever get with us.

I can live with Son leaving too as long as we shift the deadwood too. Rose, Lloris, Aurier, Sissoko, Sanchez, lamela, Winks, Alli even Doherty.... A minimum 6 of those 9 need to be shifted this summer.

A worse case scenario is that Kane and Son leave, and most or all of the above are still on the books next season.

• Advertisement

I can live with Son leaving too as long as we shift the deadwood too. Rose, Lloris, Aurier, Sissoko, Sanchez, lamela, Winks, Alli even Doherty.... A minimum 6 of those 9 need to be shifted this summer.

Defintely don't agree on Lloris. One of our best players this year, and one of the better keepers in the league. I don't get the criticism aimed at him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

TBH losing kane for huge money while we are top six ish isnt the blow that losing modric, berbatov or sheringham or (worst of all imo) campbell on a free was

The thing that guts me about this is that after all the progress made, all that was achieved, the team that was built and secured (all on long term deals after a run of top four two and three years ago) that levy has mealy-mouthed his way into this- our best players now want out of this club again.

The damage was not strengthening for 18 months and then buying third choice to save peanuts.

Kane is the end of a long road but players stopped wanting the best for this club in pochs last year, not this week

We lose Kane, we lose son.
    Bale gone vinny gone.
    No goals in the team.
    No young striker coming through to take up the reins.
    I’d say it’s a pretty big disaster tbh.

I asked How + Why ????

Because he plays for Spurs, he’s contracted until 2024, he hasn’t put in a transfer request, he’s got a chairman who is unlikely to let him go, and if he does it would only be for a big fee, and there are very few clubs who could afford that fee, and most who could would/should go for Haaland instead.

I’m not saying it’s beyond the realms of possibility that he leaves this summer, but there are a lot of reasons for it to be very difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I for one am delighted to see Kane go. He served us well, stayed longer then he needed to and is going out at the best time for us in terms of a premium price. Hopefully he has a good euros this summer and we get another 10-20 on top of his current market value. I hope he gets great success were ever he ends up. He deserves much better then he will ever get with us.

A worse case scenario is that Kane and Son leave, and most or all of the above are still on the books next season.

If we shift all them we’ll have no one left to play!
    Do you trust levy will put all that money back into quality signings?
    I don’t.
    What player will want to come to spurs when we don’t even have a permanent manager!!

tomo75 wrote: »
    I agree with you about Walker, always thought he was a liability but yet he has 3 premier.medals, 4 league cups and Fa cup and possible CL this year........no wonder Kane is going WTF.....

Youre not wrong, but if they had signed you instead youd have the same haul

tom1ie wrote: »
    If we shift all them we’ll have no one left to play!
    Do you trust levy will put all that money back into quality signings?
    I don’t.
    What player will want to come to spurs when we don’t even have a permanent manager!!

He spent all the Bale money and more.

It’s too hard to get quality signings these days though. The best players go to the best clubs.

• Advertisement

We've been in contact with Rangnick apparently, either for manager or sporting director. Would be a good signing for either of those positions.

https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1394714214112112641

Dear Supporter,

I want to start my notes by saying I hope you and your loved ones are well after what has been a challenging, often overwhelming year – and one that has called for immense resilience.

The hope must be that we are now looking ahead to a return to what we all enjoyed before the pandemic struck. Today is an excellent example – the opportunity to come together, return to our home and for 90 minutes cheer the team on.

This season, for many reasons, we have not met our raised expectations on the pitch. Since we lost the Champions League Final in June, 2019, we have invested in excess of £250m in new players. Everyone had high hopes with the squad we had assembled. Unfortunately, despite sitting top of the Premier League in December, we have not been able to sustain this position. We reached the Carabao Cup Final, however we had a disappointing exit from the Europa League and now find ourselves fighting to qualify for Europe, having competed in European competition for 14 of the last 15 seasons.

The new stadium is pivotal to generating revenues to invest in the squad. Every single penny generated gets re-invested back into our Club.

We are absolutely clear that central to our ambitions is a successful football team – it is what we all crave. We have come close over the last seven seasons and everyone’s focus is on a return to regular Champions League participation and competing for honours.

I have said it many times and I will say it again – everything we do is in the long-term interests of the Club. I have always been and will continue to be ambitious for our Club and its fans.

As a Club we have been so focused on delivering the stadium and dealing with the impact of the pandemic, that I feel we lost sight of some key priorities and what’s truly in our DNA. Our work in the community and with the NHS is an example of when we get it right, but we don’t get everything right. It has never been because we don’t care about or respect you, our fans – nothing could be further from the truth.

We have announced we shall establish a Club Advisory Panel that we believe will provide wide, authentic representation and ensure our fans are at the heart of Club decisions, with the Chair to be appointed annually as a Non-Executive of the Board with full voting rights, a first for any Premier League club.

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.

It has been evident all season just how much we have missed your presence in the stands. It is a huge lift for all of us to have our final home game of the season with so many of you back here to support the team.

I want to thank you all for your tremendous support as always this season, despite having to watch much of it from afar, both here and around the world.

The players and coaches will show their appreciation at the final whistle and thank you for your fantastic support in such extraordinary circumstances.

I want to give my thanks to Ryan Mason and the coaches, Chris Powell, Nigel Gibbs, Ledley King, Michel Vorm and Perry Suckling who have stepped in to lead the team through to the end of the season – and to our players – they have had to continue to perform and be professional during times when they and their families have also been affected by the pandemic.

I should also like to thank all our staff for their continued hard work in often trying circumstances. Whilst many enterprises ceased to operate they continued to deliver football matches and drive off-pitch digital and virtual projects.

I urge everyone to get behind the team as we look to finish the season strongly and hopefully secure European football again next season.

I hope you and your families have a great summer break and that we welcome you back in August to a full capacity stadium.

We are all part of the Spurs family and together we are stronger.

Yours,

Daniel

Empty words, empty promises......
    Hopefully the supporters tonight will show this worthless cancerous growth in our club what they think of him.

#EnicOut #LevyOut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

So Cavanis goal last night was offside.. VAR is some joke at this stage.

250m since a specific date utterly ignores a few relevant points:

- whats the five year figure, not cherrypicked from a handy date (that CL final squad was already dead on its feet)

- what the net figure, again five years

- what five year net figure is typical amongst top six/champions league aspiring teams

- who identifies the targets and priorities for that five year net spend? how many were the manager's top request?

These are the questions levy shouldnt be allowed dodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Short and sweet. No bs. Spurs by 4. Mic drop.

Use of the ball is just so bloody careless.

I dont see any other team just lazily kicking it away so sloppily, be it easy pass, silly pass, lazy clearance

Oh steve b

Harry who, we ask

Hugo what the **** are you at

That 100% should be a penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hugo what the **** are you at

Lucky. We got a pen for something similar at Villa Park, I think.

Clear penalty. Wtf.

Jaysus forgot about berjwn. Good goal. Expecting a goal fest. Reguilon seems to be the player he was at the start. Tananga deserves the nod. Spurs playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Penalty all day long.
    VAR disaster.

• Advertisement

Disagree about reguilon, giving it away and easily beaten already

Alli is playing lazily and without discipline also

Disagree about reguilon, giving it away and easily beaten already

Alli is playing lazily and without discipline also

Commentators curse.

Thats just clownish, clownish stuff

Grealish being let run at will since we scored

No defending from midfield, no defending out wide, a dribbled cross was just ignored by the centre halved and reguilon again makes a hames of it

We are awful

Hah, such a Spurs goal to give away. Cracking hit from Reggie :P

The lack off effort is now in every single position, its an embarrassment

Dele, winks, hojbjerg are as well not to be out there, no shape and no tackles

Unbelievable from reguilon again

Reguilon again entirely at fault, this time due to idiotic play rather then an unfortunate mistake.

• Advertisement

Bye Harry, get out of this joke shop while you can.

Shocking performance after a bright start.

Kane is as anonymous as anyone else out there

Wheres the leader?

Lloris as well not to be out there, a ball boy can pick the ball out of the net.

Hojbjerg talks a good game but is no closer to a tackle than anyone else

Dier missing

Kane missing

Alderweireld missing

every one of them can shove off if they think even one game at this standard of effort is acceptable

But we dont do consequences for players- thats what levy pays managers for

I seriously hope fans at the match let these players have it. Shambles.

We are so bad. One of our worst performances in a while i'd say. Villa should be 4-1 up at this stage.

Fair play to them fans

Booed off and too kind by far

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    We are so bad. One of our worst performances in a while i'd say. Villa should be 4-1 up at this stage.

5, including penalty not given

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Ooph. First game I've watched for a few weeks.

This is impressive even by our standards

It's so easy to play in behind us. What was Tanganga looking at there?

Bergwijn with two chances he should have done better with there. Good saves though tbf.

Bergwijn wont score again for another 4 months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement