Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

His movement is really unambitious, not stretching the play at all

Kane lounging around in the number 8 role is no good either

We are so easy to play against, no cutting edge no execution

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We have to be one of the worst teams in the league at crossing the ball. Do we have anyone that can actually hit a decent one, bar our only striker?

Kiith wrote: »
    We have to be one of the worst teams in the league at crossing the ball. Do we have anyone that can actually hit a decent one, bar our only striker?

Boils down to execution of basics and actually turning up for a one on one challenge at the end point

Two essentials that we ignore as required all over the pitch

Also, i don't know if any other team gives the opposition players as much space as we do. Every time a villa player gets the ball, we back away from him. Absolutely no pressing, and seemingly no desire to get the ball back.

Thats the one on one aspect

Taking a man on- we dont, we turn around and recycle

Tackling- we dont, we back off

In the air- we dont, we get headed goals and clearances but if you watch its very rare we beat a man to do so

The entire team is set up to avoid contact, too good to get into it

A shower

And Mason waiting till the 70th minute to make a change...what is it with Spurs and waiting so long to change things? Its been blatantly obvious we've needed a change since around the 20th minute.

Tanganga going under the radar here, nowhere near covering that side at any stage all evening and limited on the ball

Signs on the level around him where hes escaped mention

Tanganga has been terrible today. Same with Reggie on the other side.

Ndombele and Bale should have been on 20 minutes ago.

And that cross from Son...jesus ****ing christ! :mad:

Thats reckless from el ghazi, looks like its an injury for tanganga

Not even doing basics like getting our bodies behind passes to control them, every control is some YouTube highlight effort

This is a real low, back to the end of the ramos era for how much contempt these guys have for the fans

• Advertisement

Ndombele has been one of our best players in the 15 minutes he's been on.

Ndombele has been one of our best players in the 15 minutes he's been on.

Yep. I expected nothing (and the problem is that inconsistent effort from him) but hes been super

Chris Coleman keeps talking about our quality like he hasnt watched us for the past 90mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

A new low point. This is beyond depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

This is septic.
    You know what might help just a little.......a permanent manager.
    Just a though.

I hear more raised voices from team mates at spawell on a sunday

No accountability, nobody wants it.

The coziest job in football, spurs senior player.

Hah, i don't even know why i watch this. We are shockingly bad. The most basic stuff you would expect from a pro footballer seem to be things that half our team are incapable of. Genuinely pathetic across the board. We don't even deserve to play in the Conference as things stand.

Kane is dead right to want to get the **** away from this mess.

There's a good chance we finish tenth this season.
    Absolute disgrace.

Imagine paying £60 to watch that utter ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Harry saying Goodbye to the Fans :o

Rest of the players Bar Son and Bale. walked off without applauding the fans today say's a lot about those players

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think I've watched us play near 50 times season. Thats up there with the top 3 of shh1te performances.

Hard to think of one of them that came out of that with credit.

Hjorberg was poor but still better than half of the rest of them, after 50 games this season its not surprising his energy levels have dropped of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

tom1ie wrote: »
    There's a good chance we finish tenth this season.
    Absolute disgrace.

That would be the only good thing to come out of this. No Thursday football next season. The Gunners can be the baldy man that wins the fight over the comb this year. It means a hell of a lot more to their fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Harry saying Goodbye to the Fans

Rest of the players Bar, Son and Bale walked off without applauding the fans today say's a lot about those players

That's because Bale and Son are also leaving too, but the rest of them are just to phone in another season of crap next year.

That's because Bale and Son are also leaving too, but the rest of them are just to phone in another season of crap next year.

Irrespective of Kane, Bale and Son possibly moving, they did the proper gesture towards the fans.

Though it was pathetic from those other players.

First time in over a year we have Fans in the stadium and they just walk off without applauding those fans.

It's the natural thing to do after any match and most definitely should have been done on the last home match of the season.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

And Mason waiting till the 70th minute to make a change...what is it with Spurs and waiting so long to change things? Its been blatantly obvious we've needed a change since around the 20th minute.

He’s not really a manager though is he.
    We don’t have a manager which is because of the chairman.

• Advertisement

Deise Vu wrote: »
    That would be the only good thing to come out of this. No Thursday football next season. The Gunners can be the baldy man that wins the fight over the comb this year. It means a hell of a lot more to their fans.

Ah ffs though.
    The idea is to actually be in competitions to win something.

Irrespective of Kane, Bale and Son possibly moving, they did the proper gesture towards the fans.

Though it was pathetic from those other players.

First time in over a year we have Fans in the stadium and they just walk off without applauding those fans.

It's the natural thing to do after any match and most definitely should have been done on the last home match of the season.

At least mason bollicked them for that and made them go back out on the pitch......oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Stopped watching after 30 minutes, the sheer lack of effort and incompetence of international players says a lot about modern professional footballers. Say what you like about Moura and Lamela but at least they will always give you 100%. When I see Alli sauntering around, laughing with Grealish and people wonder why Jose didn't play him. Give me a break. Wholesale clear out required and if that means that the likes of Skipp and Scarlett get thrown in to the team at least they will give you effort and honesty in performance.
    I said it before I hope we don't qualify for any European competition next year (and that is looking increasingly likely), give the new man a year to bed in and not have any Thursday night distractions.
    Levy's position is becoming more and more untenable with every passing week, imagine the fans reaction if the ground had been full. By all accounts it should have been 4 or 5 one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Didn't even get that new manager bounce I assume he was banking on when sacking Jose before a cup final.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

And now we’re going to finish behind Arsenal just to cap a perfect season! FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

totally broken football club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

totally broken football club

At this stage I have to agree. No optimistic posts can plaster over the cracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

The only thing this lot can do now to cheer me up is to allow Leicester hammer them if it looks like Liverpool or Chelsea are gonna finish fourth this Sunday

golfball37 wrote: »
    The only thing this lot can do now to cheer me up is to allow Leicester hammer them if it looks like Liverpool or Chelsea are gonna finish fourth this Sunday

The Happy Hammers are winning 3-1 away at WBA

They need 1 point from their last away match in Southampton to Guarantee them 6th place......no matter we do on Sunday @ 4pm

Don't like the look at that UEFA Europa Conference League
    Group stage and knockout phase

The format will see eight groups of four teams, followed by the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final.

An additional preliminary knockout round will be played before the round of 16 between teams ranked second in their groups and the third-ranked teams of the UEFA Europa League groups.

The new competition will feature 141 matches over 15 match weeks.[2]

The winner of the new competition will be entitled to participate in the UEFA Europa League in the following season.

The new competition matches will be played on Thursdays.[2]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Europe conference is what we deserve, away to some ****e hawk team from Moldova of a Thursday night. Thats our level and i hope the players are proud of that.

Sky talking about Roberto Martinez.......what do we think of that?

I remember the Everton fans couldn't wait to be shot of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

I always thought he was very overrated. However, if we’re set for a few seasons of rebuilding, maybe he would be ok. We’re not going to get a top manager because they’ll have better options.

Hes probably about our level alright.
    Maybe im being harsh. Could probally do worse I suppose, he seems to be doing a good job for Belgium although they do have good players at the moment.

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Hes probably about our level alright.
    Maybe im being harsh. Could probally do worse I suppose, he seems to be doing a good job for Belgium although they do have good players at the moment.

Stephen Kenny would get a tune out of that Belgian squad in fairness.
    He did a good job at Swansea and Wigan but was poor at Everton. Maybe dealing with stars at Belgium and learning from Everton means he’s much more suited to a job like Spurs now. We are at the level Everton were at when he took over being honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Martinez always struck me as a spoofer of the highest order. He would be a completely uninspiring appointment.

The manager is largely irrelevant anyway while ENIC/Levy remain at the helm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Why would Martinez join ye though? No disrespect but it's a hell of a job right now to be a spurs manager. Would of thought he had it cushy enough with the Belgium job.

Why anyone would join us is a loss to me

As well to keep mason in the gig while we turn over the squad, its not like the manager will have any say or authority anyway

Just seen the Kane interview. Actually feeling much better after it than I did before. The press were spouting bs that he put into a transfer request and he was half way out the door. He wants to make a decision and he won’t be swayed by emotion. But he also isn’t going to run for the sake of it.

This is our watershed. No messing. No wheeling dealing. He needs a team around him that he deserves. Buy world class players and be the team we deserve. He needs to be convinced. But he does want to leave based on the team now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

There’s nothing that Levy can say that’ll make Kane want to stay. This “loosen the purse strings” bs is all a myth that the press try to feed the fans. Spurs have to balance the books. That’s not optional, never has been and certainly isn’t now.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Just seen the Kane interview. Actually feeling much better after it than I did before. The press were spouting bs that he put into a transfer request and he was half way out the door. He wants to make a decision and he won’t be swayed by emotion. But he also isn’t going to run for the sake of it.

This is our watershed. No messing. No wheeling dealing. He needs a team around him that he deserves. Buy world class players and be the team we deserve. He needs to be convinced. But he does want to leave based on the team now.

The one with Gary Neville? That was recorded a few days before the official he wants out story broke so I wouldn’t put too much store in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

The one with Gary Neville? That was recorded a few days before the official he wants out story broke so I wouldn’t put too much store in it.

Yeah but it was Sky who broke the story wasn't it?

There was never a source to where it came from either.

:or

It’s the only interview that exists of anything connected to his transfer. Romano says he is being respectful by not explicitly declaring it. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1694307-harry-kane-leaving-tottenham-fabrizio-romano-clarifies-transfer-request-claim%3famp

If he goes he goes. Liverpool sold Coutinho and then went on to win the CL and PL. a club is bigger than a player. He deserves to play for a team that can conquer the world. But I would be disgusted if he went to another English team.

He might stay. One reason could be nobody can afford him. That would be disastrous if he stayed but felt trapped. Or he could be convinced with the roadmap of a winning team. If Levy is a club man then show it,

• Advertisement

I thought Spurs were crippled with the stadium dept. There is not going to be any massive transfer spend unless we sell Harry and even then Levy will probably put that against the stadium dept. No new manager either, Mason will be appointed full time manager because we cant afford anyone else or no one would come. Not good anyway you look at it. Hard to believe we have come from a CL final to this sh1te state of affairs.

Advertisement