Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Glebee wrote: »
    I thought Spurs were crippled with the stadium dept. There is not going to be any massive transfer spend unless we sell Harry and even then Levy will probably put that against the stadium dept. No new manager either, Mason will be appointed full time manager because we cant afford anyone else or no one would come. Not good anyway you look at it. Hard to believe we have come from a CL final to this sh1te state of affairs.

Spurs debt is mirroring Barca at over 1.7 billion but thankfully most is long term debt and not immediately payable. The lockdown was a huge hit for revenue but we can claw it back as events such as boxing, concerts, nfl will quickly add coffers in the kitty.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/daniel-levy-tottenham-stadium-debt-19804839.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I thought Spurs were crippled with the stadium dept. There is not going to be any massive transfer spend unless we sell Harry and even then Levy will probably put that against the stadium dept. No new manager either, Mason will be appointed full time manager because we cant afford anyone else or no one would come. Not good anyway you look at it. Hard to believe we have come from a CL final to this sh1te state of affairs.

Mason won’t be full time manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

If mason is appointed full time manager I will have lost whatever little hope I had for this team.
    He does not command any type of respect from any of the players.
    He is a stop gap from levy. A poorly planned move to save money by sacking Jose early and putting a rookie in charge for a league cup final and attempted European qualification.
    Levy’s long term plan cannot be to hand mason the reins it would be a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Thank fook season ends Sunday!

tom1ie wrote: »
    He does not command any type of respect from any of the players.

Hate to say it but its 2021 and most of our players have been disrespecting manager, club and fans for about 3 years

• Advertisement

Joe, Ive seen that interview and those quotes and its quite clear to me that its kane going public that he'll be asking to leave, i dont know what else you would expect him to say.

Now i dont think he will be allowed leave but its the only takeaway from that interview- hes looking to leave, wont demand to because of respect for the club, knows the ball is in levys court, but for the first time hes given substance to the talk

I dont myself believe theres any point in a midtable team of mercenaries pretending to be a top 6 team just because they have one world class talent hitched to them.

If i trusted anyone in power at the club to make a right effort at a rebuild based on youth, hunger, intergrity id sell em all and sit through worse players try harder for midtable

But its levy and i have zero faith in the right thing being done. Another top manager appointed on top money and no power whatsoever to get rid of the snakes and the dross and bring in his own men

Nuno out at wolves... Good candidate imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Kane wants to leave Spurs to 'win things'....

In the last 5-6 seasons , this group have played in

A Champions Lge Final.
    2 League Cup Finals
    2 FA Cup semi finals
    2 Title challenges ...

And got beaten in them all...!!!!!

Kane and company did not turn up in any of those finals!
    And they sh1t the course when we were in contention to win the league....

Players never accept the blame when they are given it !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Kane wants to leave Spurs to 'win things'....

In the last 5-6 seasons , this group have played in

A Champions Lge Final.
    2 League Cup Finals
    2 FA Cup semi finals
    2 Title challenges ...

And got beaten in them all...!!!!!

Kane and company did not turn up in any of those finals!
    And they sh1t the course when we were in contention to win the league....

Players never accept the blame when they are given it !

There's some fairness in this but the response ive seen is that weve been beaten by better teams, too. Eventual winners, league winners or genuine contenders.

Spurs being in or around semis and finals is decent performance, spurs being in or around a league run with a few games to go is very good performance, imo.

Kane is a major reason we have ever been at that level, and Levy's cheap fixes at right back, the wing, left back, attacking midfield, forcing managers to stick with the likes of alli, dier, sissoko- from kanes perspective sure he hasn't often shone in finals but he will rightly feel he owes the club nothing and probably reckons if the ten lads behind him didnt **** themselves in finals he might get an actual sniff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Unless we are shipping out 8 players it doesn’t matter who the manager is. Personally I’d like a British manager, one who won’t indulge the prima donnas preferably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Nuno Santo - Wolves manager leaving. Like his style of play. Think he might be headed home...but we could do a lot worse?

Congrats to Kieran Trippier, Spanish league winner. The 28th player to win a trophy after leaving us since our last one in 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Here we are, the last game of the season. Leicester with a group of players that collectively are better than the sum of their parts and everything to play for and spurs... Well, you know yourself. The players are already in hiding.

Prior to this season, one of the lowest points and worst performances I've witnessed in the last 10 years was losing 5-1 to a relegated Newcastle on the final day of the 15/16 season. Today could be another mauling.

And of course if other results go against us, we finish below westham, Everton and Arsenal in 9th, which on reflection is about right for this season.

The only silver lining is 9th means absolutely no Thursday night European football next season. Small mercies and all that.

Ideal world today we’d finish 8th with Arsenal 9th.

Kane doesnt win even our own player of the year

Thats a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'm dreading today and expecting a performance worse than mid week after all the subsequent Harry speculation. Leicester might make a good shot at overtaking Liverpool's goal difference :(

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Kane doesnt win even our own player of the year

Thats a joke

Don't know who did win it but for me it would be Hojberg. His form has tailed off in the last few weeks but that's not a huge surprise given his workload, the number of games he has played and the sheer lack of support he has had in midfield. For his first season, and given all the turmoil etc., I would definitely have him ahead of Harry (by some distance).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Don't know who did win it but for me it would be Hojberg. His form has tailed off in the last few weeks but that's not a huge surprise given his workload, the number of games he has played and the sheer lack of support he has had in midfield. For his first season, and given all the turmoil etc., I would definitely have him ahead of Harry (by some distance).

I like Hojbjerg, great signing, but he’s a very limited player. Kane is in the top 3 premier league players of this season, so he’s easily our best. Kinda looks like sour grapes to not give it to him.

Kane easily our best, id agree

Hojbjerg has been less than great ever since Everton cup game which ended our season tbh

Son less than good over ninety minutes for most of the season

If im 100% honest id love to see it not awarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Would Hojberg get into any of the top 4 teams? Dont think so but he'll do us. Thats our problem. Too many allright players.

• Advertisement

Would Hojberg get into any of the top 4 teams? Dont think so but he'll do us. Thats our problem. Too many allright players.

Hojbjerg a big improvement on what we had tbf

He and dier covering a "work hard, stay awake, do nothing stupid" central midfield covering role between them would be good enough

Instead we have Hojbjerg doing the work of three men (two in midfield and one non-captain) and dier is an appalling centre half.

Levynomics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Harry Kane has been one of the best players in the Premier league this season and by far our best player IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Hoping for a great days football. Do our best. Whatever happens next season, for today we have one of the best players in the world who is an absolute gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Think I will give this a miss today just seen the team and subs we could get a spanking today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Team for today

H Lloris (c)

M Doherty D Sánchez T Alderweireld S Reguilón

Rodriguez H Winks P Højbjerg

S Bergwijn D Alli H Son

H Kane

Substitutes

G Bale

E Lamela

J Hart

J Rodon

E Dier

Lucas Moura

C Alves Morais

D Scarlett

N John

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That is a shocking team selection.

Very high line here, if we give it away easy we'll be punished

But passing/positional intent is good so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's a shop window selection. This is the last chance for some of these wasters to show the world what they're made of. Despite all that's at stake, watch them make a complete balls of it

Kane and Salah joint top scorers at the moment.

Come on Kane.....get the golden boot :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I have given the festering sess pit that is Tottenham a miss for a few weeks, said i tune in today to watch Kane last game and probably bale too
    I then see the team sheet that incompetent fool levy appointed as our interim manager pick his mates again
    No thanks I’m out

Make no mistake unless a proper manager is appointed and backed to the hilt we are heading for lower end of mid table for a long time , playing in a half full shiny tin pot

Mr Levy has single handed presided over a monumental fcuk up

I ain’t renewing my membership or my kids, even though I’m now 125 on waiting list for a season ticket

I’ve had bad times with this club before, seen great players leave, but this time it’s so frustrating given where we were not long ago

(Prob be back at half time 😬)

Reguilon is making stupid needless errors on the ball in bad situations

On the other hand the right side looks good

Just said that, we might lose a pen to var here from the right

Should be a pen

Silly from toby he had it covered

Toby,,,,wtf you doing :confused:

1 nil down now

High line against vardy is too risky, particularly if winks/dele/reguilon play as the ball gets given away cheaply and midfield isnt covered well.

That said it was just foolish from toby

Theyve lost a centre half, ndidi dropping back

I wonder will mason see an opportunity there or will he just ignore it

• Advertisement

The lack of composure is a huge worry, they are kicking the ball randomly, its fairly idiotic stuff

Stupid from Winks

Reguilon, third time in ten mins, plays them in after running directly into trouble

Not just needless, its actually baffling. Worst possible decision and execution every time, you shouldnt have ten year olds at it

West Ham 2 nil up

So top 6 is gone :o

Kane playing anywhere but centre forward, which is a problem

But mind u when he is there .....

• Advertisement

Get in HARRY 1-1

Cracking goal :D

Still failing to clear the ball with any conviction

Leicester look no great shakes, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

What would we do without Harry??

Its actually astonishing how many balls travel fifty, sixty yards and our centre halves somehow still always manage to be dissected and the wrong side to handle it

Sanchez bails us out on this occasion but how easy is it to put us into trouble

We must be a dream to play against

Bergwijn and doherty the bright sparks but leicester have done nothing to deserve that lead nor being level here

What would we do without Harry??

I’d say we’ll find out soon enough unfortunately.

My guess would be not a lot.

Its actually astonishing how many balls travel fifty, sixty yards and our centre halves somehow still always manage to be dissected and the wrong side to handle it

Sanchez bails us out on this occasion but how easy is it to put us into trouble

We must be a dream to play against

Exactly right.

Our wing are getting too far forward at times, which leads to out two center half's moving too far apart to cover the space the wing backs leave.

Big wide gaps between Toby and Sanches

This is serious optimism here (not my strong suit lads!) but i do see the advantange in having two strikers of competing quality who cam be told to stay up front and/or play together at times

Harry kane, with this team the way it is, has been too big to manage tactically or to hold back from overplaying for three or four years now and it has at times cost the team

Obviously, losing the worlds best striker isnt a good news story, but weve replaced players before and at times others around kane do seem to be limited by his running wherever he likes to get the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Credit Ali, he playing ok and putting in a shift,

A traffic cone would be better than Sanchez

Winks is trying but is so limited

Reggie is a shadow of himself

Bergwin, pfft

Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement
Advertisement