Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I would snap your hand off for 40million for winks. He is a tidy player and works hard but beyond that I don’t see what real value he adds the team.

He is not good enough defensively to sit. Not physical enough to be box to box and certainly no good enough to play higher up.

He strikes me as the type of player that Everton would sign for that kind of money

And Vertonghen is up there with my favourite spurs players of the last 20 years. What a pro and his partnership with Toby for 2-3 years was as good as I’ve seen as a spurs fan.

Club legend for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

MrKingsley wrote: »
    And Vertonghen is up there with my favourite spurs players of the last 20 years. What a pro and his partnership with Toby for 2-3 years was as good as I’ve seen as a spurs fan.

Club legend for me

He is definitely a club legend for me. Kind a soured a bit at the end but I absolutely loved his partnership with Toby. Less said about his misdemeanours off the pitch the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I would snap your hand off for 40million for winks. He is a tidy player and works hard but beyond that I don’t see what real value he adds the team.

He is not good enough defensively to sit. Not physical enough to be box to box and certainly no good enough to play higher up.

He strikes me as the type of player that Everton would sign for that kind of money

Its the same with Mason, another Spurs lad, limited, but youd feel a bigger attachment to boys that come through the system.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

joeguevara wrote: »
    He is definitely a club legend for me. Kind a soured a bit at the end but I absolutely loved his partnership with Toby. Less said about his misdemeanours off the pitch the better.

:confused: You have to elaborate now !! :)

greenspurs wrote: »

I was wondering too. Was this the rumours about him going in off his feet with Eriksens wife?

It was said that it was all bs but eriksen did give vertonghen a black eye in training.

It was said that it was all bs but eriksen did give vertonghen a black eye in training.

Come on now. :rolleyes:

Wheres your source for this here say ??
    Apart from the twitter rumour mill ….

"was all bs" - so it was made up, but you mentioned it anyway?
    "black eye in training" - that was never confirmed - but why would Eriksen give jan a black eye, if the rumour wasn't true ??????

Come on now. :rolleyes:

Wheres your source for this here say ??
    Apart from the twitter rumour mill ….

"was all bs" - so it was made up, but you mentioned it anyway?
    "black eye in training" - that was never confirmed - but why would Eriksen give jan a black eye, if the rumour wasn't true ??????

Hahaha you are right. I shouldn't have said it. It made sense when the team sort of imploded around the time. The black eye in training is true though but was deemed to be accidental.

Anyway, positive things...who will we sign next? I had hoped that Willian would joined but looks like he will be announced by Arsenal at 220 k a week.

i think winks is a very good but very specific player and im not sure we ever figured out how to use him

it then turns into an equation as to whether you think he'll ever be worth 40m to us (accounting for home grown status and his affinity for the club, both of which matters) and whether you are terrified of pep seeing a way to fit him into a city team that makes him look like a 100m player in a year while we cry

• Advertisement

i think winks is a very good but very specific player and im not sure we ever figured out how to use him

it then turns into an equation as to whether you think he'll ever be worth 40m to us (accounting for home grown status and his affinity for the club, both of which matters) and whether you are terrified of pep seeing a way to fit him into a city team that makes him look like a 100m player in a year while we cry

Yeah well said. To be honest though I would be happy for him to really succeed if he did go to City. I don’t believe it is serious though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Moving to City would be a bad move though? if he can only get into a poor Spurs midfield ocassionly , how could he get into a great City midfield ??
    Possibly his role would be to pad out the squad as a "locally trained player" until Fernandinho leaves at the end of the season. Fabian Delph went there and played the vast majority of his minutes on the pitch filling in as a utility fullback rather than a central midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Pep has rated Winks for years, it’s no surprise. It keeps their English players in squad ratio high too. Himself and Rose were the only 2 who turned up in the biggest game in our history and for that he’ll always have my kudos.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Pep has rated Winks for years, it’s no surprise. It keeps their English players in squad ratio high too. Himself and Rose were the only 2 who turned up in the biggest game in our history and for that he’ll always have my kudos.

Do you think Danny will return to us? I loved him and Walker when they played together.

So if this winks rumour is true.......and it’s a big if. 52 million in for him and KWP and a 15 million spend on a proven PL centre mid that Jose wants.

That would be great business assuming there was a bit of money to spend already and Jose gets to spend the profit

So if this winks rumour is true.......and it’s a big if. 52 million in for him and KWP and a 15 million spend on a proven PL centre mid that Jose wants.

That would be great business assuming there was a bit of money to spend already and Jose gets to spend the profit

As well as any loan deals that can be picked up turning into permanent like Lo Celso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Email from club regarding renewing memberships!

WE ARE ONE
    With the 2019/20 campaign now over, we should like to take this opportunity to thank all our One Hotspur Members for your continued loyalty and support during the season and a challenging past few months.
    Your fantastic support has been sorely missed during our behind-closed-doors matches and we cannot wait to welcome our fans back to the stadium when it is safe to do so.
    One Hotspur membership renewals for the 2020/21 season are now open.
    RENEW NOW
    We have made some exciting changes to your membership for next season:
    By renewing before 5pm on Monday 17 August, you will gain free access to watch our home pre-season friendly matches live online this summer (worth £20). Further details will be communicated when fixtures are confirmed.
    We have listened to your feedback and have replaced the physical gift packs with a digital gift voucher worth £14.99 for our online shop - a more environmentally-friendly approach providing you greater choice. You can use your voucher to purchase exclusive One Hotspur products including pin badges, water bottles and Bluetooth speakers or simply use the voucher to buy any standard product on our shop including our new 2020/21 kit.
    10% Member day discounts online and in our retail shops
    10% discount on Stadium Tours
    10% discount on our new visitor attraction – The Dare Skywalk - now available to book ahead of its public opening on Monday 31 August
    As a One Hotspur Member, you will be given priority access to tickets as soon as full capacity matches can resume. As a One Hotspur+ Member, you will be additional 24-hour ticket priority.
    Our reward programme of money-can’t-buy experiences, events and competitions exclusively for One Hotspur Members with opportunities to meet the First Team players, visit the training centre, get behind the scenes at the stadium and win some great prizes.
    SEE MORE MOMENTS HERE →
    Harry Winks with fans
    We are also working with partners to bring our Members even more exclusive products and discounts throughout the coming season – for example, Members will receive a 20% discount on tickets at Cadbury World in Birmingham throughout the 2020/21 season.
    If you renew your One Hotspur+ Membership you will maintain your place on our Season Ticket Waiting List.
    If you don’t renew you will lose the Ticketing Points you have accrued and your current Season Ticket Waiting List position which is 96,000 .
    SEE ALL 2020/21 BENEFITS →
    The cost of your membership for the 2020/21 season is £53.00 plus a £1.50 booking fee.ooo
    HOW TO RENEW
    1. Visit the Ticketing Membership Platform →
    2. Sign-in with your Client Reference Number xxxxc
    3. Check your notifications and click 'Action Now'
    4. Select between 'Direct Debit Discount' or the 'Standard Fee' from the drop-down and add it to your Basket
    5. Follow the steps at the Basket

No thanks.
    I didn't receive the "gift pack" for this year !

I never got my gift pack either. I won’t be renewing - we don’t even know if we’ll be able to go over this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Do you think Danny will return to us? I loved him and Walker when they played together.

I think he's toxic, hope he's finished playing for Spurs. Mouth almighty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

el_gaucho wrote: »
    I never got my gift pack either. I won’t be renewing - we don’t even know if we’ll be able to go over this season.

I think I got mine, but it was kind of ho hum. Not the reason why I signed up. I’m hoping to be able to get over next season, but who knows?

I’ll probably renew this season, but the following season is less certain, depending on what happens with Mourinho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I think he's toxic, hope he's finished playing for Spurs. Mouth almighty.

Certainly seemed to have a bee in his panties last season. Decent player, but needs an attitude adjustment.

rose has been a big mouth for years at this club and i wouldnt have him near the place

and im happy to acknowledge hes a good player, although again he leaves his defensive duties and doesnt actually produce much in attack

sell to any that will have him.

the size of him after lockdown and all. his head isnt right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Liverpool appear to be on the brink of signing Thiago from Bayern.

... A lot if speculation that Wijnaldum might be moved on. Just chat on various platforms online so may be complete b.s. but Id love to see us bring him in.

... Sure Hojberg is a similar player but all he has to do is pull a hamstring in Aug/Sept and we could be without him for months with no cover in that position/role.

Wijnaldum would also allow us to rest/rotate Sissoko at times too.

If Winks does move to city there slot worse we could (and probably will) spend that money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

rose- out the door as fast as possible, even if we have to pay someone to take him, was a good player

winks- im not so sure about, he is average at best, plays every ball sideways or backwards, but as a squad player id keep him,

winaldum- no thanks, are we now gone back to taking other clubs cast offs,

Not been funny, but yeah. We can't offer champions league football or comparative wages to most clubs (even Leicester, Everton and Newcastle pay better).

Are we in a position to turn our noses up and a player who's won a champions league medal and lifted the premier league trophy in the last 18 months.

...maybe we'd be better of concentrating on Troy Deeney, Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser.

Not been funny, but yeah. We can't offer champions league football or comparative wages to most clubs (even Leicester, Everton and Newcastle pay better).

Are we in a position to turn our noses up and a player who's won a champions league medal and lifted the premier league trophy in the last 18 months.

...maybe we'd be better of concentrating on Troy Deeney, Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser.

• Advertisement

Full back wise the names being mentioned are Maitland Niles from 3 miles down the road and an Ecaudorian on Watfords books who was on loan in Spain last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Full back wise the names being mentioned are Maitland Niles from 3 miles down the road and an Ecaudorian on Watfords books who was on loan in Spain last season.

If we sign maitland niles I will seriously question my 30 plus years of following the club !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Wijnaldum wouldn’t go near us at the moment. We’d be lucky to have him but I doubt he’s leaving Pool and if he is he’ll go to a team in the Champions League

worth remembering that wijnaldum was a wide/attacking player that klopp converted to play cm. was a good player for newcastle in those roles.

certainly i think a player can be surplus to requirements at another club and still be worthwhile for us. we are miles away from liverpools level in several positions so it behoves us to look at things realistically.

same point holds true about signing players from smaller clubs- theres plenty of fullbacks out there at clubs far worse than us who would frankly walk into our team ahead of slowcoach davies and that utter divot aurier.

and prior to signing hojbjerg our defensive midfield options consisted of players that either couldnt or didnt want to play that role.

we dont even have a second centre forward for gods sake.

id say that most clubs below us in the epl have a few players that would improve our squad and its simply not clever to get a fetish about where we go shopping.

liverpool bought from relegated clubs three years running and got a bargain every time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Joe Hart is joining apparently. I assume as a 2nd/3rd choice keeper, and to bolster our homegrown requirements.

Skipp off on loan to Norwich as well. Maybe Aarons as part of that deal?

• Advertisement

ah here im not been funny either but I could list a lot of donkeys who won the champions leage and the premier league with various clubs, its doesnt make them a good player

i just dont think winaldum would offer us anything different

and if anyone choses the above clubs before spurs then good luck to him

BBC sport say we are interested in Dyabala. Would be son exciting if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

it's embarrassing

by the way, they absolutely can pay more but they chose not to

we're a poundland football club under ENIC

hart deal looks done

counts as home grown, but not sure why hes preferred to promoting a youth keeper to the third spot

if i had a choice id have the third choice player in every position the equivalent u-23 player by default tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Joe Hart :(

The young keepers would benefit far more going out on loan and playing then sitting on the bench for the entire season.

maybe so tbf

BBC sport say we are interested in Dyabala. Would be son exciting if true.

Didn’t we do this 12 months ago? Not possible because a third party owns his image rights.

latter had an excellent season at osasuna by all accounts.

There were rumours that Juve needed to get some players off their books, and Dybala would be let go. No chance imo, we missed our chance last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Kiith wrote: »
    There were rumours that Juve needed to get some players off their books, and Dybala would be let go. No chance imo, we missed our chance last season.

Levy will offer them Rose and £5mil

Levy will offer them Rose and £5mil

in 5 instalments, over 5 years.

Apparently there's a new Mr Men character being planned, based on Raheem Sterling.....

Mr Sitter

Kiith wrote: »

There are two ways of looking at this and I'm going to give the Joe one.... First we have done a lot of the spade work last year, we had agreed personal terms and we have looked them in the eye and they agreed. Also, even if it doesn't come off it does show the calibre of player we are interested in which will prick the attention of others. Finally I know what you guys are saying about wages and what other teams are paying. Look at Everton who pay way more than us and it hasn't worked out for them (no disrespect).

And before you say ah Joe that's you being Joe, I didn't go full Joe and say the reason Messi has put in a transfer request to come to us.

hart deal looks done

counts as home grown, but not sure why hes preferred to promoting a youth keeper to the third spot

if i had a choice id have the third choice player in every position the equivalent u-23 player by default tbh

wonder is gazzinga being let go, TBH hart is probably a better keeper

not to bothered who we sign as long as they are what the manager asked for

and on the wages, we flung 200k a week at ndombele, that worked out well

not to bothered who we sign as long as they are what the manager asked for

and on the wages, we flung 200k a week at ndombele, that worked out well

Was it really 200k...fcuuuuuuuuukkkkk.

Agree completely on the manager comment.

5 reasons we won't sign Dybala.

1. We almost signed him last season when we were flying high after a great CL campaign. Now we are the polar opposite of that, a team in decline and with no identity.

2. No champions league football to offer this time around.

3. No fellow Argentinian manager

4. When we tried to sign him last season he was coming off a season with only 5 or 6 goals but this year he has 20+ goals and was named Serie A MVP so I'd imagine Juve will be looking for way more in terms of a transfer fee.

5. For the same reason above, bound to be a lot more teams competing to sign him if he does become available

Happy for all of the above to be requoted and rubbed in my face if I'm proved wrong.

5 reasons we won't sign Dybala.

1. We almost signed him last season when we were flying high after a great CL campaign. Now we are the polar opposite of that, a team in decline and with no identity.

2. No champions league football to offer this time around.

3. No fellow Argentinian manager

4. When we tried to sign him last season he was coming off a season with only 5 or 6 goals but this year he has 20+ goals and was named Serie A MVP so I'd imagine Juve will be looking for way more in terms of a transfer fee.

5. For the same reason above, bound to be a lot more teams competing to sign him if he does become available

Happy for all of the above to be requoted and rubbed in my face if I'm proved wrong.

Firstly everything is irrelevant unless his third party rights are resolved. Fourthings we definitely have in our favour is Jose as our manager, one of the best stadiums, kane as a partner and lamela and lo celso as teammates. CL is a huge issue but if we demonstrate a long term plan we have a chance.

I think it is an outside chance but........

https://youtu.be/KX5jNnDMfxA

• Advertisement

Well we had the stadium, Kane, lamela and LoCelso loan deal this time last year too.

Jose as manager? Is that still a card that can be played. This time last year Poch's stock was flying high and while it may have fallen since Jose's reputation if anything is in decline. I'd go as far as to say that if Jose doesn't win something significant with us then he is very much on the path to finishing up along the lines of the way Wengers final few years went.

Advertisement