Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Well we had the stadium, Kane, lamela and LoCelso loan deal this time last year too.

Jose as manager? Is that still a card that can be played. This time last year Poch's stock was flying high and while it may have fallen since Jose's reputation if anything is in decline. I'd go as far as to say that if Jose doesn't win something significant with us then he is very much on the path to finishing up along the lines of the way Wengers final few years went.

Only thing that stopped last year was third party rights. Would have been illegal or close to it if we agreed.

Jose is still recognised as a world class manager. But I take your point.

Poch being named as possible pep replacement.

wonder is gazzinga being let go, TBH hart is probably a better keeper

all word is that he is third choice, challenging gazzaniga for second, home grown and no more expensive than vorm at 35k a week

i dont think hes in any way loved up to his potential (in fact hes a good deal poorer than the young lad that frustrated us on his debut many years ago) but theres literally nothing to dislike about this deal

joeguevara wrote: »

Poch being named as possible pep replacement.

he deserves it but im wondering what it is that has big teams unsure of him

barca have just gone for koeman

theory: poch hasnt shown he can manage superstars and he hasn't shown he can spend money and he hasnt shown he can win silverware

now imo that would be a very harsh verdict, but if you are juve/barca et al clearly there are questions

id say his stock is highest in england, and the next best bet he has is if simeone ever leaves atletico

back to my first and most cherished pet theory- his diary has been a major misstep in his career and he will have to take a spurs-2014 level job again before getting a crack at the big time on the back of it

hart seems confirmed

skipp to norwich on loan also looks set. very good move that to a manager who is excellent with young players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

theory: poch hasnt shown he can manage superstars and he hasn't shown he can spend money and he hasnt shown he can win silverware

now imo that would be a very harsh verdict, but if you are juve/barca et al clearly there are questions

id say his stock is highest in england, and the next best bet he has is if simeone ever leaves atletico

back to my first and most cherished pet theory- his diary has been a major misstep in his career and he will have to take a spurs-2014 level job again before getting a crack at the big time on the back of it

Barca - He 'dislikes' them due to playing for Espanyol, also its a given that whoever steps in is only keeping the seat warm for Xavi. So a long term plan isn't on the cards for whoever goes to Barca, until Xavi takes over.

The Diary - biggest crock of sh1t ive ever read (well I only got a few chapters in before I through it in the bin, as bad as Brian Codys one..... Pure stupidity (and greed?)

What is his level though?
    IF Levy had strengthened the squad in 2018, and we had the players to compete and beat pool last year, would he still be at the Lane ?
    Spurs - Athletico - Lazio - Bayer Leverkusen .. Top 6 type teams , but not the elite teams ? Is that his level?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

You know how I am about spurs. The only thing I have never been convinced of is poch. I don't think he has the calibre to manage a top team. He is tactically naive with no plan B. He showed he allowed a team to become toxic with players not wanting to play. I was happy he left and think Jose is a different class. It is no coincidence that he has not even been in the running for a role. Obviously he could sit back to get every penny from us. But he has never won anything and that says a lot.

its an open question, for sure

as time goes on i remember our progress under him more and more, youd have to acknowledge it as a superb time and project

but he left nothing sustainable, very unhappy players, squad in bits and a cult of personality that i didnt like one bit

its a tough, tough legacy to pin down. i can see why a top club would say no thanks but at the same time i cannot believe that none of them have taken a punt when the likes of pirlo, koeman, solskjaer etc are in or staying in top jobs

maybe the manager role is now a figurehead, thinking about it? the top boards want a fella who knows his place and that aint poch

and of course levy bears a huge burden of blame for the way that momentum stalled

that needs underlining

its an open question, for sure

as time goes on i remember our progress under him more and more, youd have to acknowledge it as a superb time and project

but he left nothing sustainable, very unhappy players, squad in bits and a cult of personality that i didnt like one bit

its a tough, tough legacy to pin down. i can see why a top club would say no thanks but at the same time i cannot believe that none of them have taken a punt when the likes of pirlo, koeman, solskjaer etc are in or staying in top jobs

maybe the manager role is now a figurehead, thinking about it? the top boards want a fella who knows his place and that aint poch

He left spurs in the same if not worse position than when he joined. We flunked the CL run last year and basically imploded league wise. He was bad with the media and had a divided squad.

But we need to look forward. Has there ever been any updates on the guy who found all those stars and wanted to work with Jose again?

.....tim sherwood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

jacques santini

Christian Gross …………………………………..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

George Graham

.....tim sherwood?

Still have his Jersey with number 8. Doesn't fit me now.

Who was the nut job manager who wore Wellington boots?

well and truly lost me there tbh

well and truly lost me there tbh

Pretty sure it was gross. Wore rubber Wellington boots. Bstsh1t crazy. Even sugar admitted it after.

twas upsetting but twas hardly gross misconduct

twas upsetting but twas hardly gross misconduct

Sacking him wasn't the Christian thing to do.

Glen hoddle had the chance to be a world class manager if it wasn’t for his crazy beliefs. Always wondered how far he could have gone.

One of the funniest tweets I've seen recently was a guy saying 'Paul merson has come out and said Harry rednapp was a better tactician than Wenger. Thought he was off the sauce these days'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Still have his Jersey with number 8. Doesn't fit me now.

Who was the nut job manager who wore Wellington boots?

Egil Olsen, who managed Wimbledon in the 90s, wore wellies.

el_gaucho wrote: »
    Egil Olsen, who managed Wimbledon in the 90s, wore wellies.

I looked up him. Nearly sure it was gross. Unless I completely dreamt it.

• Advertisement

Today is the birthday of Ricky Villa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT7IvpxhA3Q

"and still Ricky Villa...……"

I looked up him. Nearly sure it was gross. Unless I completely dreamt it.

Oh it might’ve been Gross too. Maybe he wore them when he arrived on the tube!

greenspurs wrote: »
    Today is the birthday of Ricky Villa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT7IvpxhA3Q

"and still Ricky Villa...……"

https://youtu.be/wZn1AL4Rwf8

Great feature about this on the 25th anniversary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

Looking for some help here.

I renewed my One Hotspur membership today and then tried to change my email address as my eircom account is being shut down. I was not able to change the email address, so I tried calling the club. I got a recorded message saying that I need to go into Ask Spurs on the club website.

So I did this and typed in a query. But all it did was tell me how to change my email preferences and there does not appear to be any option to change my email address. Has anyone else encountered this issue and, if so, were you able to resolve it? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might deal with it?

abff wrote: »
    Looking for some help here.

I renewed my One Hotspur membership today and then tried to change my email address as my eircom account is being shut down. I was not able to change the email address, so I tried calling the club. I got a recorded message saying that I need to go into Ask Spurs on the club website.

So I did this and typed in a query. But all it did was tell me how to change my email preferences and there does not appear to be any option to change my email address. Has anyone else encountered this issue and, if so, were you able to resolve it? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might deal with it?

I had another look around the website and found an option to submit a query, which I have now done. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

I had another look around the website and found an option to submit a query, which I have now done. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

I think I had the same problem previously with a junior membership. Submit a query option sorted it out in a day or two

think I had something similar, submit a query and they will get back to you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

U23 game against Leyton Orient U23, if anyone is bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTMvArmT6b0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks folks. Heard back from them. All sorted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

So the fixtures are out. Here’s what we have for September and October

Everton - H

Southampton - A

Newcastle - H

Man United - A

West Ham - H

Burnley - A

Brighton - H

Couldn’t really ask for a better start to the season. Every game is winnable. But cos it’s Spurs every game is a disaster waiting to happen.

But seriously I’d be disappointed if we did not get at least 10 points from the home games and 4 from the away. That would put us in good stead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I’d prefer a tough start to the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Ormus wrote: »
    I’d prefer a tough start to the season

Yeah sometimes it is handy to get a few tough games out of the way first and get a nice run later.

But I think with the current team and management it’s better to (hopefully) get points on the board and build some confidence before our eventual spankings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not sure how I feel about the opening few months.

On paper, if we had anything about us at all and had any thoughts of a top 4 finish then we'd be looking for 18+ points from a possible 21, which would set us up nicely going into the tougher fixtures that follow. And if we came through those with a decent haul then who knows what might be possible.

On the other hand, if we stumble through those opening fixtures and only come away with 10-12 points before facing the tougher teams in Oct/November then we could be in for a long hard and frustrating season.

Eriksen to be brought on and score the winner for inter....

Another silver for Christian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I was rooting for him, would have been nice to see him come on and change the game. Alas it didn't happen.

I don't know. He strikes me as a player who's lost a bit of love for the game. Desperately short on confidence, sometimes the harder he tries the worse he seems to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

I was rooting for him, would have been nice to see him come on and change the game. Alas it didn't happen.

I don't know. He strikes me as a player who's lost a bit of love for the game. Desperately short on confidence, sometimes the harder he tries the worse he seems to get.
    He didn’t try a leg for us for his last 10 months but funnily enough I don’t remember him being brilliant!

spent all last year slagging dele and i think i may take credit for motivating the young man, he looks sharp and creative in the opening mins here against Ipswich

great vision and patience to set up sessegnon for a neat finish

dele sets up son for second but little credit to either as its all ipswich mistakes at the back

you streaming the game

• Advertisement

couldnt possibly comment

seems to be a back three with foyth/davies playing almost hybrid roles either side of alderweireld, who is pinging long balls around to the flanks like it was 2016

hojbjerg winks pivot, lots of movement around them with sessegnon and gedson

son, lucas, dele up front so no strong central role but like wasps attacking a bear

oh my word an absolute peach of a slide rule pass from foyth all the way through plays in son to chip the keeper

lads

we're gonna walk top four you heard it here first

Lol

;-)

just covering for joe in his absence

;-)

he would be proud of you

;-)

Still too pessimistic. Joe would have us winning the Premier League with a record points total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Any score yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

davycc wrote: »
    Any score yet

Half Time Spurs 3-0 up

Ryan Sessegnon and Son with 2 goals

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

cirkin, jack clarke, carter-vickers, hart on in the second half

maybe more but stream skipped as they came out

this half lacking urgency/incision so far, cirkin does indeed look tidy in the left back role

gedson has been lively, alli also, would be the highlights

jamie bowden on

think white and scarlett also came on while i popped out there, colourful lineup

• Advertisement
Advertisement