Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Half Time Spurs 3-0 up

Ryan Sessegnon and Son with 2 goals

Thanks nice start to the weekend..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Next Monday it drops- disappointing Poch is in it for only half an episode I would like to have seen how he lost the dressing room and more of his relationship with Levy. Sounds like a soft pr job promoting Jose and Levy which is not what I was hoping for.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/25/all-or-nothing-tottenham-hotspur-finds-jose-mourinho-leaning-into-the-lens-documentary-amazon

Another story of interest in the Guardian today. Tough reading as he is my favorite ever player

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/18/luka-modric-roman-abramovich-brought-me-onto-his-yacht-and-said-sign-for-chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

abff wrote: »
    Still too pessimistic. Joe would have us winning the Premier League with a record points total.

Only the premier league?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I see a rumour we’re after Matt Doherty. Would be a great signing but can’t think why Wolves would let him go, unless his contract is up soon, anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

#announcemessilevy

aurier deal to milan off, we're asking too much. disaster.

documentary sounds interesting but could cause havoc in the locker room

also think its a copout that poch era isnt documented

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ormus wrote: »
    I see a rumour we’re after Matt Doherty. Would be a great signing but can’t think why Wolves would let him go, unless his contract is up soon, anyone know?

deffo better than what we have currently

if he is what we need is another thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah, that's total BS. They recorded a tonne of footage the season before right...getting to the CL final etc.

Total BS that it's not included, you can only speculate as to why of course.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The doc is specifically supposed to be about the 19/20 season. I'm sure there was footage from the previous season, but it would have only been for an introduction. I can imagine Levy and co don't want too much time spent on the previous manager. Supposed to be moving forward and all that.

all or nothing

its there in the title!

levy is doing a cover up job and without a poch exit interview its a whitewash

All or nothing, who the **** approved that title, cause the f**King answer after 20 years of ENIC ownership is : nothing.

Oh, the embarrassment.

to be fair, thats the name of the documentary franchise- we're not the first subject i don't think

I think I remember us being strongly linked with him a few seasons back when Poch was in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

aurier deal to milan off, we're asking too much. disaster.

documentary sounds interesting but could cause havoc in the locker room

How much were we asking for? €1000 seemed reasonable i thought.:D

accounts initially were that theyd pay in or around £15m and we were pushing for mid 20s

majority of fans seem to have considered their figure a great deal for us, let alone 80k a week wages gone and considering that he is about as poor a player we have or have had in a decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Would be a massive Improvement on aurier . 12m is a no brainer get him in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really good price for a very solid RB/WB. He'd definitely improve the team, so if we get him, i'd be delighted.

Nice to have some Irish representation on the team again as well.

Kiith wrote: »
    Really good price for a very solid RB/WB. He'd definitely improve the team, so if we get him, i'd be delighted.

Nice to have some Irish representation on the team again as well.

Following a tradition too. Joe Kinnear, Chris Hughton, Stephen Carr and Kelly. All right backs

• Advertisement

Sky saying we’re in advanced talks now, fingers crossed this gets done. Seems like terrible business for Wolves. They gonna try replace him with Maitland Niles? Or maybe make Traore a permanent wing back.

Without jumping gun, from reading reports it is all but done. Talks of 12 mil before add ons seem ridiculous.

Sure while we are there, we may as well pick up Traore too.

Well ride me sideways, proven EPL quality and a bargain to boot!

Well ride me sideways, proven EPL quality and a bargain to boot!

Is it done .,cause if there’s one team capable of messing it up it’s us

spurshero wrote: »
    Is it done .,cause if there’s one team capable of messing it up it’s us

It says on all websites that it is in advanced stages.

joeguevara wrote: »
    It says on all websites that it is in advanced stages.

Hopefully get it over the line . There’s being a lot of players we were in advanced players for over the years that Never arrived

He’s better than Aurier but he’s not a good defender either. Let’s not get too excited yet, he will improve under Jose though I hope.

if he were a complete unknown id take my chances vs aurier

hes a multi-year performer in the role in a team that has done well in the epl and his attacking product alone blows aurier away for efficiency

his defending isnt a great strength but certainly better than our current option

we'll sell aurier for more than this fee

literally no downside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Can't get over this Doherty price, incredible value. Genuinely one of the best deals I can remember in the past few years. It's not even like an Andy Robertson one, where the player turns out great - Doherty has already been one of the best full/wing backs in the league for the past couple of years. Going for a little over half the price that was quoted for Jamal Lewis. Unreal.

Really not sure what Wolves are at, but fair play to Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Sky saying we’re in advanced talks now, fingers crossed this gets done. Seems like terrible business for Wolves. They gonna try replace him with Maitland Niles? Or maybe make Traore a permanent wing back.

There's nothing at all about it on the BBC website, other than a link to a story in the Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-transfer-news-matt-doherty-wolves-latest-rumours-gossip-a9690381.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

In the heading they say that Spurs are closing in on the deal. Then further down, they say that we’ve signed him. Which is it?

looks like he is signed subject to a medical

good solid addition to the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

gar wrote: »

Hard to believe he would be in contention for the France squad! I recommend a few months in quarantine.

looks like he is signed subject to a medical

good solid addition to the squad

In my opinion way more than a squad player. He is straight into the first 11. Been watching his highlight reel. Never seen a wingback play like that. Real threat. Never payed any heed to him before yesterday.

hes been a known quantity since wolves made it back to the epl

a rough diamond at the back, sure, but physical, stamina, a threat on the run or on the end of a set piece.

straight into first xi and between him and hojbjerg im already feeling much better about what our team will look like this season.

the freedom these simple moves will give to the likes of alli staying up top or the thought of intelligent delivery from the right coming into kane rather that 6/7 crosses ballooned or into the first defender is huge

how much of our play moved up that right side before being passed back and recycled?

how many counter attacks cut through our soft middle after sterile possession was lost?

to hell with glamour signings, the problems with most of our play has been fundamentals and its great to see sensible solutions in place already

hes been a known quantity since wolves made it back to the epl

a rough diamond at the back, sure, but physical, stamina, a threat on the run or on the end of a set piece.

straight into first xi and between him and hojbjerg im already feeling much better about what our team will look like this season.

the freedom these simple moves will give to the likes of alli staying up top or the thought of intelligent delivery from the right coming into kane rather that 6/7 crosses ballooned or into the first defender is huge

how much of our play moved up that right side before being passed back and recycled?

how many counter attacks cut through our soft middle after sterile possession was lost?

to hell with glamour signings, the problems with most of our play has been fundamentals and its great to see sensible solutions in place already

Im also feeling very positive about how we are doing business. These are all Jose players. He has obviously earmarked them and we are getting them. Hjolberg, Hart and Doherty. And also we are getting them early.

Once we sign Messi, we are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Im also feeling very positive about how we are doing business. These are all Jose players. He has obviously earmarked them and we are getting them. Hjolberg, Hart and Doherty. And also we are getting them early.

Our business so far is excellent. Doherty, Hart, Hjobjerg in with Walker Peters out for a net spend of £18m is great business. Sell Aurier and maybe Gazzaniga and we'll be in profit with a better balanced team and stronger defence.

We still need a bit more. I'd have said a centre back (although this could the year Tanganga makes his mark), and backup striker and we're looking an awful lot better.

It's also notable that we're signing a proven 28 year old rather than a player in their early 20s. That's a shift for the club and more in line with how Jose works.

• Advertisement

If Sessegnon is half the player he looked a few years ago he could be the real one to watch this season hopefully.

gar wrote: »

I guess Jose didn’t mean it literally when he called him a virus !

i cant see messi and doherty working in that same space, and if he moves infield hes kinda taking up the positions that dele thrives in

its a no for me trevor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

If the Doherty deal gets through then I’ll be delighted like most.

As has been pointed out, himself and Hojberg are proven PL starters. Definitely Mourinho players.

In my opinion way more than a squad player. He is straight into the first 11. Been watching his highlight reel. Never seen a wingback play like that. Real threat. Never payed any heed to him before yesterday.

totally agree he is a starter, when I said squad I meant in the overall sense

its great to see a manager identifying weakness and getting players in to improve that and whisper it his chairman backing him as best he can

as snoop said fcuk the big names, get us sensible established PL players, mourhino is starting to put his stamp on the team,
    if we could get rid ndombele and use cash to get a back up striker and a bloddy no nonsense CH then we would be in good shape

and I also dont think messi would get in the team

word that diego costa is available and has been offered

take a bit of managing....but some bossman

• Advertisement

word that diego costa is available and has been offered

take a bit of managing....but some bossman

Jose has had him before. I remember against us he slammed his bib down and walked off the bench roaring at Jose when he wasn’t brought on. Dunno if there’s bad blood? Jose was gone not long after as far as I remember

It would take something special from Jose to bring Costa back from the dead, he’s been a 5 goal a season man for the last 3 years. Injury prone, low on confidence, high on wages, prone to tantrums if benched. A risk not worth taking in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

diego costa = No thanks

Glebee wrote: »
    diego costa = No thanks

Costa and Suarez together would give some bite to our attack.

Costa and Suarez together would give some bite to our attack.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement