Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

golfball37 wrote:
    Jose has had him before. I remember against us he slammed his bib down and walked off the bench roaring at Jose when he wasn’t brought on. Dunno if there’s bad blood? Jose was gone not long after as far as I remember

We could bring back Fazio to put some manners on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

1 nil up against Reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

joeguevara wrote: »
    1 nil up against Reading.

Glory days are back, yahoo:D:D

playing birmingham city

white and cirkin start

dier playing a lot of raking passes to eager runners, i think jose is determined that we not remain such a one-approach team

scrappy stuff besides but it looks like what it is- an xi fielded out of whatever we had to get minutes

its more a try out for certain players in certain roles/tactics than a game we want to play well in or win imo

Doherty signing confirmed. It is an unbelievable bit of business. Would be disappointed at the fee if I was a wolves supporter especially if replacements are valued 10 mil more.

I know people think Hart signing is irrelevant as he is not a first team player but his knowledge, experience and winning mentality are invaluable to us. Also with Europe and cup competitions he should get playtime. Also, knowing Hart he will push as far as he can and it wouldn’t be beyond possibility pushing into first team either through injury or others form.

The other two will go straight into the first team and both look a huge improvement. It is also evidence of not fcucking around. Would love one or two marquee signings but looking at some other teams targets and price, we have done the best.

Jose can draw high profile loan or out of contract targets. I’m going to go all out and predict Suarez and Bale will be Spurs players soon. Costa would be a good shout. Poor form but a bit of confidence and good service, could see him having a renaissance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

I’m going to go all out and predict Suarez and Bale will be Spurs players soon.

If it was anyone else but you Joe, I’d assume you were taking the p*ss.
    Costa would be a good shout. Poor form but a bit of confidence and good service, could see him having a renaissance.

I think Costa would be a handful and would not be conducive to harmony in the dressing room. Not worth the risk, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Doherty signing confirmed. It is an unbelievable bit of business. Would be disappointed at the fee if I was a wolves supporter especially if replacements are valued 10 mil more.

I know people think Hart signing is irrelevant as he is not a first team player but his knowledge, experience and winning mentality are invaluable to us. Also with Europe and cup competitions he should get playtime. Also, knowing Hart he will push as far as he can and it wouldn’t be beyond possibility pushing into first team either through injury or others form.

The other two will go straight into the first team and both look a huge improvement. It is also evidence of not fcucking around. Would love one or two marquee signings but looking at some other teams targets and price, we have done the best.

Jose can draw high profile loan or out of contract targets. I’m going to go all out and predict Suarez and Bale will be Spurs players soon. Costa would be a good shout. Poor form but a bit of confidence and good service, could see him having a renaissance.

For £13.4m, Doherty is an unbelievable bit of business that fixes a major problem area for us. How the f**k does Levy do this? I'd bet he gets Aurier out for a good fee too.

Hart is a good signing for me. People seem to think he is Bobby Mimms or something. He's had a very rough few years but he's still got a few years in him and was a good 'keeper for many years. Jose is a renowned man manager and I'm betting he can get some performances out of Hart. His experience is also invaluable. He's a better keeper than Gazzaniga.

We'll end up with Hojbjerg, Doherty and Hart replacing Walker Peters, Aurier and Gazzaniga and make about £5m -£10m. If so, Levy is a genius.

We do need another couple of players. Suarez and Bale won't come but Costa is a possibility.

There is talk of interest in Ajax Donny Van de Beek. Looking at clips of him he looks great and if ndombele is sold would be a great replacement. However players from the Dutch league have been hit and miss so you never know.

We were favourite for the Milan player but seems to have stalled with United favourite. Arsenal are still trying to negotiate a Coutinho deal but appears to be faltering at 80 mil valuation. I wonder if levy could offer them ndombele in part exchange. Stranger things have happened.

The other players we are linked with don’t instil any confidence with players from mid to low premier teams. What are people’s thoughts on a possible Gazzaniga sale?

• Advertisement

There is talk of interest in Ajax Donny Van de Beek. Looking at clips of him he looks great and if ndombele is sold would be a great replacement. However players from the Dutch league have been hit and miss so you never know.

We were favourite for the Milan player but seems to have stalled with United favourite. Arsenal are still trying to negotiate a Coutinho deal but appears to be faltering at 80 mil valuation. I wonder if levy could offer them ndombele in part exchange. Stranger things have happened.

The other players we are linked with don’t instil any confidence with players from mid to low premier teams. What are people’s thoughts on a possible Gazzaniga sale?

Gazzaniga is a terrible goalkeeper. He made a number of mistakes when he got a run in the team last year. The one against Chelsea at home was laughable. He's been okay for us given that he cost us little to nothing but I wouldn't be sorry to see him go especially for £7m that Fulham are reportedly willing to pay.

Two quality signings in two areas that badly needed to be addressed.

Focus should now be on a new left back and then a centre back.

Have you seen the tweet from the spurs official twitter account. Well played, I must say. I won't spoil it by explaining it.

Posted this in the wrong thread.

i thought it was a bit of fun

lads, eriksen has been put up for sale by inter

i think if we could get him to sign for the fee we got, and inter to take the hit for any additional salary, it would be a risk worth taking.

Posted this in the wrong thread.

Was it for the Covid mask thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

G doc first interview at the club. Proper humble guy he says all the right things little legend in the making.

I'm over the moon too thanks levy !!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UR8SnjMRQjM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

i thought it was a bit of fun

lads, eriksen has been put up for sale by inter

i think if we could get him to sign for the fee we got, and inter to take the hit for any additional salary, it would be a risk worth taking.

Not if he came for free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

great business to date, doherty is a good signing,

no thanks to Suarez, Bale and Costa

Gaz can go, if he funds another purchase then off with him

Van beek would be a great addition, talk of a swap deal with sessegnon

we are in better shape now already than last year bit we need a back up striker, wonder would the chavs give us Giroud

I wonder does the first episode come out at midnight?

• Advertisement

I wonder does the first episode come out at midnight?

Not sure about the time but as far as I know episode 1, 2 and 3 are all been released together at the same time.

If it's a car crash, it could seriously undermine the start of the season.

well they all know its coming and all will have had a chance to engage- its not pochs diary in that regard

I dunno if prime is different to Netflix but usually Netflix is noon our time. That’s when the Chicago bulls one used drop on Monday anyway

great business to date, doherty is a good signing,

no thanks to Suarez, Bale and Costa

Gaz can go, if he funds another purchase then off with him

Van beek would be a great addition, talk of a swap deal with sessegnon

we are in better shape now already than last year bit we need a back up striker, wonder would the chavs give us Giroud

DvB is signing for Man Utd in the morning according to Twitter. The deal was agreed days ago and personal terms earlier today.

3 episodes up. Am watching first in about ten mins

• Advertisement

anyone see the state of the pitch in Bulgaria, bloody awful is an understatement

Interesting to hear Jose mention Doherty’s aggression prior to the wolves game and most of his team talks are about our lads being too nice.

Just saw the first episode. Were really are too nice..:(

I really hope that Jose has instilled a bit of cuntishness in them for the start of the new season.

Watched the first episode at midnight last night. I think some parts are heavily scripted and fake. The bit where Jose turns off the TV and says F off....I listened to the voices and I don't recognise them and it sounds unnatural. Also the part where Jan is talking to Harry Kane about Poch getting the bullet. It's like one of those scripted reality shows but with football players. Some bits are no doubt authentic but how to know? Just like Love Island or Big Brother etc.

Still going to have a look at episodes 2 and 3 when I get the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

• Advertisement

Watched the first episode at midnight last night. I think some parts are heavily scripted and fake. The bit where Jose turns off the TV and says F off....I listened to the voices and I don't recognise them and it sounds unnatural. Also the part where Jan is talking to Harry Kane about Poch getting the bullet. It's like one of those scripted reality shows but with football players. Some bits are no doubt authentic but how to know? Just like Love Island or Big Brother etc.

Still going to have a look at episodes 2 and 3 when I get the chance.

By the end of episode 3 it starts to get a bit formulaic. Every next match is the biggest of the season type thing.
    Really missed a trick not showing more of the Pochettino breakdown. It’s the Dan and Jose show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It was never going to be about Poch. No owner would ever allow a documentary be about the previous manager.

Watch the first few mins earlier, and will catch the rest tomorrow. Looked good so far.

Is it just me or is this the Mourinho show?? 2 episodes down. Aurier and Dier came across well in ep 2 i thought.

Jan Vertonghen is a good guy too. Loves the club. Himself and Eriksen always sat together in the canteen which suggests to me all those rumors were crap too.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Jan Vertonghen is a good guy too. Loves the club. Himself and Eriksen always sat together in the canteen which suggests to me all those rumors were crap too.

They absolutely were crap. The two of them were joking on social media about it at the time.

Something happened with Jan at the start of last season. He was dropped out of the squad out of the blue and turned up to a couple of games with a black eye. Lots of rumours it was Kane who decked him. But whatever happened and whoever hit him, it wasn't because he was shagging Eriksen's missus.

Kane is the main man in the dressing room isn't he? Giving pre-match pep talks to everyone as one example. Now I understand completely why Moura was immediately dropped in the CL final for him. Not sure it's healthy one player having so much pull. Guess I was naive thinking all the players were equal in the dressing room.

:edit: Actually I forgot he may have been captain what with Hugo being injured at the time.

Also Aurier didn't look too impressed with what Mourinho said to him about scaring him as a marker.

Kane is the main man in the dressing room isn't he? Giving pre-match pep talks to everyone as one example. Now I understand completely why Moura was immediately dropped in the CL final for him. Not sure it's healthy one player having so much pull. Guess I was naive thinking all the players were equal in the dressing room.

:edit: Actually I forgot he may have been captain what with Hugo being injured at the time.

Also Aurier didn't look too impressed with what Mourinho said to him about scaring him as a marker.

I broke up laughing at this, he scares me everytime I see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Aurier often looked a liability with PSG and I was really surprised that Spurs went for him (surprised and happy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Cantona used to be allowed a glass or two of red wine with his lunches at Old Trafford. Ferguson knew that the most important thing was to keep him happy. The other players were (by all accounts) happy with it if he kept performing.

All teams need hierarchies I believe. It should work as a motivating factor for the younger/new players to push on, improve and climb the ladder.

MrKingsley wrote: »

Cantona used to be allowed a glass or two of red wine with his lunches at Old Trafford. Ferguson knew that the most important thing was to keep him happy. The other players were (by all accounts) happy with it if he kept performing.

All teams need hierarchies I believe. It should work as a motivating factor for the younger/new players to push on, improve and climb the ladder.

The Bulgarian squad in the 94 World Cup had to stand up when Stoichkov entered or left the room. That’s what I call class

• Advertisement

Another away tie in the 3rd q round if we get through, vs either Botoşani (Romania) or Shkëndija (Macedonia). Who the fcuk are these teams?? Are they making them up??

MrKingsley wrote: »

he must have had more than two that night in Selhurst Park

Glebee wrote: »
    Another away tie in the 3rd q round if we get through, vs either Botoşani (Romania) or Shkëndija (Macedonia). Who the fcuk are these teams?? Are they making them up??

lol

did i read somewhere that seeded teams (in qualifiers) are always drawn away

lol

did i read somewhere that seeded teams (in qualifiers) are always drawn away

No. It is completely random depending on draw. It should be home and away per tie but because of Covid restricted to just one match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

8 games in 18 days, including a 3000 mile round trip to Bulgaria.

qT46gaa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Kiith wrote: »
    8 games in 18 days, including a 3000 mile round trip to Bulgaria.

qT46gaa.jpg

That is absolutely ridiculous. They'll all be knackered, regardless of squad rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Play a load of under 21s in the League cup.

Rotate for the Europa and full strength for the PL.

Can’t afford a slow start in the league with those fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

The simple solution is to throw the first round qualifier in Bulgaria.

play the youth and the rotation players. manys the player cut his teeth in the comp and manys the squad player showed his worth (or otherwise) in it.

• Advertisement

I completely understand why people are saying play youth in uefa or disregard it, but the way some teams have strengthened means a top 4 is not guaranteed (this is a rare time you won’t hear me say we will be in the top 2). Also Jose knows how to win this competition and could be the only way we qualify for CL. I’d be more inclined to play youth in league and fa cup at beginning and focus on uefa and league.

Fcuck that. This is me. We are going to win them all. Remember lads, next year ends with a 1.

https://youtu.be/gnYjI17lPso

Advertisement