Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MrKingsley wrote: »
    These season long documentaries are all very similar. The NFL have been doing them for years. They are almost copy and paste jobs.

First couple of episodes can keep people engaged because they are seeing sides to the players or management they’ve not seen before.

But pretty quickly you notice that you won’t be told anything of interest or anything in real detail for the simple reason the club wouldn’t want anything like failed transfers, tactics or bust ups out in the public

The City one was mind numbingly boring. You really expect to hear more from the players and you don't. You will never beat Sunderland till I die, that was a real fly on the wall doc where you say the bad not just a polished PR project. You knew it wasn't going to be that interesting when they gave Poch 10 mins of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Sunderland til I die - Original Big Brother.

All or Nothing - Love Island

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

spurshero wrote: »
    I always likes Wilson from Bournemouth I thought they might have went for him . Having said that he has had his fair share of injuries and he didn’t look quiet as sharp at the end of last season when the pressure was in Bournemouth . We must be the only so called big club in the world with only one out and out striker !

70k a week for an injury prone 28 year old who’s only once got over 8 goals in a season. I agree we could do with some back up, but not him.

rob316 wrote: »
    The City one was mind numbingly boring. You really expect to hear more from the players and you don't. You will never beat Sunderland till I die, that was a real fly on the wall doc where you say the bad not just a polished PR project. You knew it wasn't going to be that interesting when they gave Poch 10 mins of it.

A PR project is exactly what it is. There’s no incentive for any club to allow a warts and all doc and harm their own brand. Clubs are businesses whether we like it or not.

spoofer, charlatan, shyster, creep

Your attacks on him are getting a bit weird. Ok if you don’t agree with his approach, but why do you hate him so personally? How is he a creep?

Your first 3 words all mean the same thing btw

Ormus wrote: »
    Your attacks on him are getting a bit weird. Ok if you don’t agree with his approach, but why do you hate him so personally? How is he a creep?

Your first 3 words all mean the same thing btw

How is it weird ?? :confused: Strange word to describe it.

Maybe us in the EnicOut camp think that people that like Levy, and think Enic are doing a good job IS weird.

ormus (or anyone!) what profile of backup to harry kane do you think we need

requirements:

- can play up front on his own
    - has to be able to cover for injury, so has to be quality
    - has to be able to play in a two with kane if needed
    - has to be satisfied with bench- a lot of bench

i thought llorente was a great signing for us that could have done so much more, but poch failed on two major counts: would not change tactic, and would not rest kane to allow llorente to get any momentum or get the team used to a different player up there

i think any striker of quality looks at that and thinks its a hard sell tbh

greenspurs wrote: »
    How is it weird ?? :confused: Strange word to describe it.

Maybe us in the EnicOut camp think that people that like Levy, and think Enic are doing a good job IS weird.

I don’t think you read my post properly. I said it’s ok to not agree with his approach to running Spurs, there’s nothing weird about that (although I think it’s wrong). I think it’s weird to hate him personally as DublinSpur seems to.

requirements:

i thought llorente was a great signing for us that could have done so much more, but poch failed on two major counts: would not change tactic, and would not rest kane to allow llorente to get any momentum or get the team used to a different player up there

I agree it’s a hard sell. I just think Wilson is overrated. He’s had injuries so it’s hard to judge, but he’s had one good season and then went back to being poor last season.

Personally I’d go for a youngster with potential who would be happy to learn from Harry. Parrott would be perfect if he was a year or two older.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

requirements:

Been saying this for years. Its a very hard sell to anyone who has international aspirations anyway.

Llorente was perfect for us. I think he did very well considering everytime he was asked to play there was instant pressure on him to score.

To be honest I would like Ighalo when his loan finishes up at United. He looked excellent for them whenever he came on and is obviously happy to be a back up if it means playing in the PL.

Our best bet now might be to try and find another wide player who could fill in up front (like Son or Lucas). Who that would be though is a completely different question.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    I agree it’s a hard sell. I just think Wilson is overrated. He’s had injuries so it’s hard to judge, but he’s had one good season and then went back to being poor last season.

Personally I’d go for a youngster with potential who would be happy to learn from Harry. Parrott would be perfect if he was a year or two older.

If a youngster was available then this would be ideal. Would keep the pressure on Kane as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

requirements:

Giroud would have been the perfect candidate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Giroud would have been the perfect candidate

I presume that’s intended as a joke!

id agree but chelsea refused to do the deal

few better back to goal strikers even now, with our three attacking midfielders flitting around i think hed have had great potential

bale and milik is the chat

cant see levy nailing either, injuries a factor with each

To be honest. If nothing else happened this window then I’d be satisfied.

Mourinho clearly has two of his type of players in. Even add 1 more at Christmas and we’ll be ok.

Something that needs to be remembered is that it isn’t a pack of donkeys that he inherited.

Yes some were sick of Poch but it’s not like we don’t have 5/6 players who wouldn’t walk into most PL teams. And another 5/6 who would be challenging for places in the United/Chelsea/Arsenal teams.

Whatever happens he needs to be given this season to do what he wants.

I’ve changed my tune massively since 12 months ago but here comes that spurs optimism

centre forward badly needed, and imo a first xi lb

centre forward badly needed, and imo a first xi lb

Yeah I agree but worst case scenario and we don’t sign anyone. Son/Lucas can cover for Kane as they have been doing.

And LB Davies might well be the perfect LB (not for me mind) but for Mourinho with sessegnon as cover.

Now I agree that we need both but we came into the window with 4 glaring needs. 2 have been filled. I’d rather we waited than signing Ryan Nelson 2.0 for the sake of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Squad depth is at an all time low, every year we seem to have a squad thats 10% lighter the the season before. I haven't compared the figures so don't start throwing stats at me but it's very worrying.

There's enough there to compete for a top 4 finish but we missed out last season by 7 points. Have we done enough investment in the squad to close the 7 point gap on united and Chelsea - have we ****... The gap will be even bigger this time around.

We'll probably do quite well for a large part of the upcoming season but collapse in true spurs style in the final stages due to exhaustion of europa league and a threadbare squad.

• Advertisement

chelsea have strengthened considerably, i cannot see us being near top 4 regardless of two signings between now and window closing or not

we should forget the days of a clear run at the top 2/3 imo, united and chelsea have made that ground back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Keep everyone fit and ignore the EL and there’s no excuse for not contending for 4th. Leicester blew it last season with a far inferior squad of players.
    Post covid, Sheffield Utd is the only game I remember us truly stinking in.

Our fixtures will kill us.

Look at the amount of games in the next few weeks..... Crazy.

Our fixtures will kill us.

Look at the amount of games in the next few weeks..... Crazy.

It’s actually nuts, do we really have 3 games in 4 days from September 28th or am I seeing things.

We should play our under 21s in the Carabao and second 11 in the Europa.

Games on
    13 + 17 + 20 + 22 + 26 Sept
    3 + 17 + 24 + 31 Oct (Europa lge games not included)
    7+ 21 + 28 Nov. (Europa lge games not included)

this is where levy crying that its hard to get players that improve the team and fans demanding star players are both allowing the perfect to be the enemy of the good

we need squad options, badly.

• Advertisement

I’d rather Wilson than nobody. I’d rather Jansen at this stage than nobody

I think we’ll bring in a striker before the window closes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Games on
    13 + 17 + 20 + 22 + 26 Sept
    3 + 17 + 24 + 31 Oct (Europa lge games not included)
    7+ 21 + 28 Nov. (Europa lge games not included)

the price for not investing properly and allowing a great team to fall apart

milik talk heating up

reguilo (sp?) also

either one, and i know nothing about latter tbf) would be very good news

both would actually astound me

• Advertisement

Milik seems unlikely, as does Daka the RB Salzburg guy. Habib Diallo still seems possible. Hope we don’t end up with Deeney.

Lot talk about the Celtic lad also

Bale being mentioned again too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Well if ur lookn for a bunch of cu*ts? Troy's ur man?

The wimmin have signed Alex Morgan, one of the biggest names in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

golfball37 wrote: »

A great attacker I loved her long time!
    Sound for the good news golf ball

Could she play for the men too

Could she play for the men too

Can't be any worse then Alli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Saw we were interested in Paulinho. For a second I thought it was our ex player. But no, it’s a Portuguese guy plays for Braga. See one of the players we were linked with Wilson score for his new club Newcastle,

Anyway, I’m hoping for an electric start against Everton. They have an explosive midfield but I’m going for at least 2 goals in our margin. Leeds Pool match today was amazing and I’m hoping ours will be as exciting.

But next week I think we will have signed two more players and pulled off the coup of the millennium and I’ll have a Bale jersey to go with my three other ones.

wilson, fraser at newcastle,who have signed a few others

everton have done plenty of business

lots of teams have signed players for not a lot of money that would improve our bench at the very least

chelsea have done great business. id have them as dark horses for a title bid but for that lampard is completely untested

we are in a race for seventh and id really call any other talk not much better than propaganda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

joeguevara wrote: »
    Saw we were interested in Paulinho. For a second I thought it was our ex player. But no, it’s a Portuguese guy plays for Braga. See one of the players we were linked with Wilson score for his new club Newcastle,

Anyway, I’m hoping for an electric start against Everton. They have an explosive midfield but I’m going for at least 2 goals in our margin. Leeds Pool match today was amazing and I’m hoping ours will be as exciting.

But next week I think we will have signed two more players and pulled off the coup of the millennium and I’ll have a Bale jersey to go with my three other ones.

Exciting me hole, Spurs win and not too much excitement.

• Advertisement

What must it feel like to be an Everton fan this morning. That optimism, that excitement, all those new players. When added to the quality they already have in Digne, Richarlison, Coleman etc they have potential to do something special this season.

What must it feel like to be an Everton fan this morning. That optimism, that excitement, all those new players. When added to the quality they already have in Digne, Richarlison, Coleman etc they have potential to do something special this season.

Yeah bit like us last summer.

Allan should be a good signing. Doucoure is limited but decent. James has high flop potential, though he is hugely skillful if Carlo can get a tune out of him.

Everton know that they are going to lose to us. We are Tottenham,
    super Tottenham, We are Tottenham from the lane.

https://youtu.be/Im7UuToHo6U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

I think this signing confirms what we already know - Enic are focussing on building up our brand for the US market.

I guess if it brings in extra revenue that can be used to fund new players, that would be a good thing. But I would have concerns that it will take focus away from having a successful Premier League team that challenges for the title and wins trophies, which ultimately is what the club should be all about.

abff wrote: »
    I think this signing confirms what we already know - Enic are focussing on building up our brand for the US market.

I guess if it brings in extra revenue that can be used to fund new players, that would be a good thing. But I would have concerns that it will take focus away from having a successful Premier League team that challenges for the title and wins trophies, which ultimately is what the club should be all about.

I wouldn’t worry about it, all clubs are trying to build their brand. United and City each signed two of the US team. Chelsea broke the British transfer record, 250k

its hardly a major expense relative to first team figures

apparently we've offered milik a deal for free signature next year

not much bloody good to us, be two years without a kane alternative

its hardly a major expense relative to first team figures

apparently we've offered milik a deal for free signature next year

not much bloody good to us, be two years without a kane alternative

Napoli have dropped their demand to 25 mil and a deal while not likely is more than possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

wilson, fraser at newcastle,who have signed a few others

everton have done plenty of business

lots of teams have signed players for not a lot of money that would improve our bench at the very least

chelsea have done great business. id have them as dark horses for a title bid but for that lampard is completely untested

we are in a race for seventh and id really call any other talk not much better than propaganda!

We’ll be in the race for top 4 and finish no worse than 6th. Liverpool will have a dip this season, City are ropey at the back and no longer have Silva, Chelsea have a dodgy defence and unproven manager so I’m betting no one hits 90+ points this season.

We get a backup striker and Bale and I’m going “full Joe”, we can challenge for the league.

Jose made a big deal of the fact he (not the team) finished fourth if the table started when he took over.
    I expect no excuses and a minimum of fourth place. We have a better team than Woolwich and whilst united and Chelsea bought heavily I don’t see why or how they should be that far ahead. I would sacrifice EL to reserves, the travel and playing on a Sunday never did us any favors. No excuses

• Advertisement

Chelsea players will take time to bed in
    Liverpool defence looked poor yesterday
    City have only added two players

We have a team well capable of top 4,
    If we can get Ali and Son up to their best and ndombele plays anywhere near what he can then we will be a threat
    If Dier can raise his game to old levels another plus

We will sign a striker, Jose has demanded one publicly, pooch never did that so levy will have to deliver?
    Bale talk gathering pace but I’d be pleasantly surprised if it happens, if it does then we would jump to top 2 potential, I mean Front 3 of Son Kane Bale is mouthwatering

Then again we also have the potential to finish 7th

Today’s game is hard to call, Everton is a tough start

Advertisement