Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It's only a 8 weeks ago that we were outplayed, outfought and outsmarted by a sheff untd team in free fall post covid and a terrible Bournemouth team that went on to be relagated. 2 performance that were probably the worst I've ever seen in 20 years.

We needed a new right back, a new centre back and a new left back. And a new keeper wouldn't have went a miss either. We got one of those.

I think we'll have phases of good and bad this season but ultimately the thin squad will see us out of the running for top 4 come Jan/Feb and then the EL will become our focus (if we are still in it) . The league form will suffer as a result and we'll finish 7th or lower.

Today will be a massive anti climax. 0-0 or a scrappy 1-nil that even the winning team won't take much comfort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lorris
    Doherty Toby dier Davies
    Hojbjerg winks
    Lucas Alli son
    Kane...

Strong bench too
    Hart Sanchez aurier ndombele sissiko lamela berjwijn

Everton three big new singing all start hopefully they are very slow starters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

davycc wrote: »
    Lorris
    Doherty Toby dier Davies
    Hojbjerg winks
    Lucas Alli son
    Kane...

Strong bench too
    Hart Sanchez aurier ndombele sissiko lamela berjwijn

Yeah it’s very nice to see a bench with 3 players who could actually have a positive impact

Where's loCelso?

Did not think I'd be seeing Winks starting today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Yeah it’s very nice to see a bench with 3 players who could actually have a positive impact

No Sessegnon, Gedson or GLC on the bench and it’s still strong. Looking like we’ve a bit of depth if we can get 1-2 more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

DeanAustin wrote: »
    No Sessegnon, Gedson or GLC on the bench and it’s still strong. Looking like we’ve a bit of depth if we can get 1-2 more in.

I think that this squad shows we already have decent depth because we are missing players as you say.

Where's loCelso?

Did not think I'd be seeing Winks starting today.

I heard his hamstring was at him still I would start him over Alli and winks too IMO

i like that line up, winks/glc and maybe bergwijn ahead of lucas excepted, but mourinho will pick for each game and not freeze out the twelfth best player, which is what poch was prone to do

davycc wrote:
    I heard his hamstring was at him still a would start him over Alli and winks too IMO

Yeah me too. Against the more industrial midfields of the top teams we will need to sacrifice Alli for Sissoko or LoCelso.

Really hope Berjwin doesn't become a peripheral player as the season goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

That is a howler of a miss by Everton.....

Oh my god.

The back pass was a terrible mistake from Davies but Alderweirelds pace is a huge worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Really loving Doherty. His cross field balls adding a new dimension to our game.

davies has been horrible, two bad errors and generally slow and the wrong side of his man, and passing limited

winks also very poor, slowing everything down and pulled out of a challenge that led to another chance

lucas and dele anonymous and not functioning as a link to kane, but dele making good runs

doherty very good start, hojbjerg same imo

son looks great

alderweireld and lloris both slow to react for that big chance

cant judge kane. zero service

overall we look like we are struggling to hurt them in possession and still too easy to break against (dele, lucas, davies just give it away too easily) and that's a worry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Same old from Davies and Winks
    No wonder ndombele has no interest watching winks getting game before him

update, after two rotten passes in the three mins since, winks has also been upgraded to *awful*

but glc is there and ndombele might be there to push him out of the team

davies is apparently our first xi lb and that is a real worry

davies has been horrible, two bad errors and generally slow and the wrong side of his man, and passing limited

winks also very poor, slowing everything down and pulled out of a challenge that led to another chance

lucas and dele anonymous and not functioning as a link to kane, but dele making good runs

doherty very good start, hojbjerg same imo

son looks great

alderweireld and lloris both slow to react for that big chance

cant judge kane. zero service

overall we look like we are struggling to hurt them in possession and still too easy to break against (dele, lucas, davies just give it away too easily) and that's a worry

Lucas Moura has been great. Tackling and passing has been on point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I think we played ok, grew into the game a lot and made better chances than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Winks is very poor, he’s slowing everything down and giving the ball away too much.

It's abit scrappy at times but we've had our chances. They've had there's too.

A goal as a result of a mistake looks the most likely for both teams. Thankfully Aurier's not playing.

• Advertisement

i think the solidity and ideas are ok

the patterns, the momentum in passing arent good

recovery when giving it away arent good

hit dele a bit earlier and it might give us joy

disagree on lucas joe, very little of his work on the ball has led to anything positive and this is the kind of game he needs to be slicing through lines in

again, bergwijn comes in for him so im ok with him in the team, he has competition

i dunno how davies got so much better in my head over the summer, because watching him now- slow, takes an age to pick a pass, misses that pass, fouls his man if you're lucky after missing the pass, otherwise his man is away- you could put it on repeat

Doharty very unlucky not to score there. Pickford did not know a whole pile about it.

I love how high Doherty is. Neville and Redknapp we’re giving out about his position, but I think the idea is that Davies becomes the third centre back when Doherty goes raiding. He showed towards the end of the half how dangerous he is.

Sissoko on..reckon it’s for Winks. It not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

joeguevara wrote: »
    Sissoko on..reckon it’s for Winks. It not sure.

For Alli

thats not a good move imo, alli was like kane in that half, was given no service

thats not a good move imo, alli was like kane in that half, was given no service

Alli is a midfielder though. He’s to be giving service not getting it.

hes a link to kane in this setup

jesus chance after chance they are getting and for very little effort

hes a link to kane in this setup

jesus chance after chance they are getting and for very little effort

Richarlison is spurs best defender.

• Advertisement

joke team

Its going to be a long season...

everton doing nothing special and could have three goal

cowards all over the team tbh

Great cross and great header. Let’s be havin you now Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Can’t have another year of this from Alli. He hasn’t played well since his pay rise, sign of a man of questionable character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Neville absolutely scathing about them, not bothered having conceded a goal, jogging around the place. Looks like Ndombele has rubbed off the rest of the team rather than the other way round

• Advertisement

What the women’s team like,

you can talk about shape and formation and who goes where all day but when nobody can control, pass, head, mark on an individual basis its just rubbish

individuals out there dont hold themselves to any standard and theres seven at least should be ashamed today

instead itll be "disappointed today but we look fwd to the next game" bull**** and no hint of any self-examination

SuprSi wrote: »
    Neville absolutely scathing about them, not bothered having conceded a goal, jogging around the place. Looks like Ndombele has rubbed off the rest of the team rather than the other way round

I’ve never heard Neville be anything other than scathing about spurs in 20 years. Guys a pr1ck. Listening to him about Everton you’d swear they were Playing like 1970s Brazil.

you can talk about shape and formation and who goes where all day but when nobody can control, pass, head, mark on an individual basis its just rubbish

individuals out there dont hold themselves to any standard and theres seven at least should be ashamed today

instead itll be "disappointed today but we look fwd to the next game" bull**** and no hint of any self-examination

This will be at least a draw.

I’ve never heard Neville be anything other than scathing about spurs in 20 years. Guys a pr1ck. Listening to him about Everton you’d swear they were Playing like 1970s Brazil.

neville couldnt say enough good things about us under poch, from very early on he was one of the first to praise the transformation and the project

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Ndombele is a sham of a player. Need to Get rid of Him quick.
    I don’t think he’s even broke sweat since he sauntered onto the pitch.

Load of bo....icks. absolute rubbish.

Oh well the only good thing about that is it can’t get any worse
    Dear God that was awful

Today will be a massive anti climax. 0-0 or a scrappy 1-nil that even the winning team won't take much comfort it.

I wasn't expecting much, unfortunately I was right.

First half wasn't too bad. 2nd half was as bad as I've seen us since... er, well last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

Well. That was sh*te. More of the same to come?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Out fought, out thought, we were second best in every position in the second half

No structure to the team, no creativity any where on the pitch.

Midfield never got a hold of the ball and were over ran.

Dismal soulless performance

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Can’t blame Mourinho. Watching the doc all he asks for in every game is aggression, determination effort etc. if a professional in any field can’t even follow basic instructions let alone have that in built then you are at nothing.
    Kane could switch off now

kane could bloody well demand a move this window tbh

Mourinho told his players to play like c*nts.

And today they absolutely played like useless c*nts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Everton know that they are going to lose to us. We are Tottenham,
    super Tottenham, We are Tottenham from the lane.

https://youtu.be/Im7UuToHo6U

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement