Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Hopefully they’ll throw Modric into the bargain too.

Ormus wrote: »
    The Daily Record is reporting that we’ve agreed deals with Real for both players.

I really doubt they know, but I wanna believe.

been widely reported for two hours, the clubs have agreed details

levy now looking to lock down the players. deals have fallen down before at this stage tho.

been widely reported for two hours, the clubs have agreed details

levy now looking to lock down the players. deals have fallen down before at this stage tho.

Sky, the Beeb and the Guardian all say talks still ongoing with Real

yeah i wasnt snipping at you tbf but seen a few decent sources happy to put their name to the info so presumed it good

those last three sources would barely be ahead of an official club announcement speedwise id say, but you can certainly put stock in what they report, as a tradeoff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

The Daily Record is reporting that we’ve agreed deals with Real for both players.

I really doubt they know, but I wanna believe.

The fella reporting it for the Daily Record is Duncan Castles. He’s a Mourinho mouthpiece. If he’s saying it, the deal is agreed although I’d imagine there is work to do locking the players terms down.

If you doubt me on Castles, this is the fella who voted Mourinho the best coach in the world in 2017 in the FIFA vote. I think he was the only one to vote for Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If everything works out we'll have Rivaldo and Bale on either wing with Kane and Leandro Damiao up front.

Dybala will be used in rotation for the remainder of the season until Mbappe joins in the summer.

If everything works out we'll have Rivaldo and Bale on either wing with Kane and Leandro Damiao up front.

Dybala will be used in rotation for the remainder of the season until Mbappe joins in the summer.

Where is Samuel Eto'o going to fit in?

DeanAustin wrote: »
    The fella reporting it for the Daily Record is Duncan Castles. He’s a Mourinho mouthpiece. If he’s saying it, the deal is agreed although I’d imagine there is work to do locking the players terms down.

If you doubt me on Castles, this is the fella who voted Mourinho the best coach in the world in 2017 in the FIFA vote. I think he was the only one to vote for Mourinho.

Ha I remember Castles, didn’t realise it was him.

I’d be surprised if we agreed a deal for Reguilon because Real always insist on a buy back clause and I didn’t think Levy would ever cave to that.

all clauses agreed apparently

DeanAustin wrote:
    Where is Samuel Eto'o going to fit in?

Well knowing Mourinhos style of play Bale will probably be our new left back anyway so Eto might slot in up front with Kane dropping into midfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Ha I remember Castles, didn’t realise it was him.

I’d be surprised if we agreed a deal for Reguilon because Real always insist on a buy back clause and I didn’t think Levy would ever cave to that.

Buy back clause and first option - That's why Utd pulled out. :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Jayus lads are we ever happy

Bale is happening, down to medical apparently , don’t care what anyone says he is better than most of what we currently have and his presence alone will lift the club

Who gives a toss about a buy back clause, we need a left back, we got a damn fine one and cheaper than chilwell ,

Credit where credit due Mr Levy, I was damn close to turning on him, if he gets a striker now, it’s over to you José

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Good move for Bale to go back to Spurs, awful fan base in Madrid, the way they treated him after all he's done for Madrid - a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jayus lads are we ever happy

Bale is happening, down to medical apparently , don’t care what anyone says he is better than most of what we currently have and his presence alone will lift the club

Who gives a toss about a buy back clause, we need a left back, we got a damn fine one and cheaper than chilwell ,

Credit where credit due Mr Levy, I was damn close to turning on him, if he gets a striker now, it’s over to you José

What triggered you? :rolleyes:

I stated the damn clauses!
    I am more happy about Reguilon than Bale....

Chill kid.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Please please please let Bale be true. Dont care if hes past his peak, hes still an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

The whole club needs a lift. Bale is box office. This one needs to get done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I can't feel anything but excitement at the prospect of Bale coming back to Spurs. That's a dream signing as far as I'm concerned. Please God it happens!

greenspurs wrote: »
    What triggered you? :rolleyes:

I stated the damn clauses!
    I am more happy about Reguilon than Bale....

Chill kid.

I’m chilled and happy (mind you a man could take offence at being called a kid) :)
    Not having a pop at anyone in particular just us Spurs fans in general, we are a hard bunch, probably comes from years of disappointment

I’m chilled and happy (mind you a man could take offence at being called a kid) :)
    Not having a pop at anyone in particular just us Spurs fans in general, we are a hard bunch, probably comes from years of disappointment

I'm f**king super excited this morning. Buzzing at this prospect because it means Levy is putting all the pieces in place IMO even if the team bit is a couple of seasons late.

Dunno why I do this to myself. In a couple of hours, rather than Bale and Reguilon, we'll be seeing a photo of Lewis Grabban and Kieran Gibbs holding up a Spurs scarf.

• Advertisement

.......id take it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Reguilon to be announced tomorrow apparently (barring any complications - though we've had them before), according to Marca. Bale today i hope.

lets be clear

if dier is still at centre back, and no actual centre forward cover, and no actual creative passer in midfield, we're still a long way short of a complete first team

but lb was needed, a lift was needed, depth was needed, these are that

lets be clear

if dier is still at centre back, and no actual centre forward cover, and no actual creative passer in midfield, we're still a long way short of a complete first team

but lb was needed, a lift was needed, depth was needed, these are that

Agreed on striker and midfielder, but unless levy is on drugs I can’t see all that
    I think Dier might come good at CB, I’ll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Not sure how I feel about Bale. If he’s coming in on a significantly higher salary than Kane, I can see this causing a lot of disquiet.

But we badly need a lift, so I guess the potential upside outweighs the potential negatives.

https://twitter.com/thespursweb/status/1306167425621274624?s=19

good to read- this guy has good contacts within the club, doesnt post "facts" when its just sentiment/intentions (as above) but often seems to have fair insight into what is in the mind of the clubs hierarchy

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about Bale. If he’s coming in on a significantly higher salary than Kane, I can see this causing a lot of disquiet.

But we badly need a lift, so I guess the potential upside outweighs the potential negatives.

im less and less concerned about harry kane's disquiet.

love the guy, but his own blinkers about playing every possible minute have not only been a factor in his injury problems but have been a major factor into the club struggling to get competition/cover for him.

i think a little disquiet for harry would be a small price to pay for a manager and club having a lot less disquiet about his hamstring snapping

it will be known that bale is moving to spurs because he wants to do so. theres talk he might even accept a pay cut in real terms.

anyone who wants what is best for the club will not see it as an insult to anyone.

in fact, the wage ceiling lifting is another positive out of all of this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lo Celso back in training this morning as well, which is great news. Really need his creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

im less and less concerned about harry kane's disquiet.

love the guy, but his own blinkers about playing every possible minute have not only been a factor in his injury problems but have been a major factor into the club struggling to get competition/cover for him.

i think a little disquiet for harry would be a small price to pay for a manager and club having a lot less disquiet about his hamstring snapping

Fair point. Keeping Kane happy may have cost us the Champions League. There's no way he should have been played from the start after such a long absence due to injury. He would have been a great option to bring on at half time or after 60 minutes and Moura should not have been dropped after his semi final performance.

I predict Bale will be a bad signing, but can’t wait to see him link up with Harry.

Reguilon I’ve never actually seen but he sounds decent. Top clubs don’t accept buy back clauses though, so I’m surprised at Levy. It basically means we want him to be good, but if he turns out to be very good we’ll probably lose him back to Real.

im ok with the buy back- if it gets activated it means we'll have had a good player in a problem position for free, and make some money also.

beats davies any way you look at it imo

• Advertisement

The Bale deal sounds a long way from done to me. Real still haven’t agreed to let him go and haven’t agreed to pay half his wages.

Kiith wrote: »
    Lo Celso back in training this morning as well, which is great news. Really need his creativity.

Lo Celso, Kane, Bale, Son and Alli with Moura, Bergwijn and Lamela on the bench. Jose can do his famed pack the defence and give it to the strikers routine and there has to be goals in the team/squad.

Throw in a firing Ndombele and we’re winning the league. And no, this isn’t Joe’s second boards account.

Whats been holding up the Bale deal on our side is it was 100% Levy solo run and Jose isn't convinced. His contacts in Real Madrid have told him to stay well clear as they don't think he can play in the EPL anymore. The piece I read have now said Jose is on board but it would explain why a CF and CB are still priority as these are the managers priority. Think it was 365 I read it on

Bale, Son, Berwign, Moura and Lamela are all the same type of player more or less. One or two of them will have to leave.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Bale, Son, Berwign, Moura and Lamela are all the same type of player more or less. One or two of them will have to leave.

or....we could.have a squad without a massive drop in quality whenever injuries/rotation crop up? or even competition for places?

assuming bale, son, kane all start unquestioned, then if the other players seeking to get in are alli, bergwijn, lamela, lucas then to be perfectly honest any one of them should acknowledge that they havent merited a first team shirt in a long time.

bergwijn the only one who id excuse, he looks quality but hasnt had a run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

hope this happens obviously, the club/fans need a boost so badly

massive job of work getting us challenging again though - I wonder will Levy address our other shortcomings - lets hope so

Deals is Off!!!!

Something about 3rd party image right.

Levy: 'We are disappointed obviously but no one could have seen this coming. 3rd party image rights is practically unheard of in this business', 'but we hope the fans understand that we tried our best and Gareth has promised to write us a nice letter '

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Loads of people said James Rodriguez would be a poor signing and wouldn't be the player he was because of the lack of game time at Madrid... He was never as good as Bale was and already seems a good signing for Everton. I'd be very positive about this move if it happens were I a Spurs fan even if it is in no way guaranteed to work out.

Deals is Off!!!!

Levy: 'We are disappointed obviously but no one could have seen this coming. 3rd party image rights is practically unheard of in this business', 'but we hope the fans understand that we tried our best and Gareth has promised to write us a nice letter '

Eh?

Eh?

It’s a coping tactic for the expected disappointment if the deal falls apart. It hasn’t fallen through...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

DeanAustin wrote: »
    It’s a coping tactic for the expected disappointment if the deal falls apart. It hasn’t fallen through...

YET, :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

golfball37 wrote: »

Lamela to go imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Deals is Off!!!!

Jaysus me heart!

Loads of people said James Rodriguez would be a poor signing and wouldn't be the player he was because of the lack of game time at Madrid... He was never as good as Bale was and already seems a good signing for Everton. I'd be very positive about this move if it happens were I a Spurs fan even if it is in no way guaranteed to work out.

Bit soon for “told you so’s” re James. He usually starts well at clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Oh lads. Getting exciting now. Apparently Reguilon a done deal.

I seem to remember a couple of weeks ago saying Bale would be here by end of September.......you know that you want to believe.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Oh lads. Getting exciting now. Apparently Reguilon a done deal.

I seem to remember a couple of weeks ago saying Bale would be here by end of September.......you know that you want to believe.

Joe, if they pull this off, I’ll never doubt you again

Well maybe never 😀

I’ve probably poured cold water on your Bale talk many a time Joe, I’ll have to eat my hat if it happens.

IF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I’ve probably poured cold water on your Bale talk many a time Joe, I’ll have to eat my hat if it happens.

IF

If it’s a fedora it will be a double win.

joeguevara wrote:

Joe, if they pull this off, I’ll never doubt you again

I seem to remember Joe guaranteeing we would beat Everton.

He also posted mid Everton match (around the 75th minute) to say we were "definitely going to get at least a draw" .

• Advertisement

I seem to remember Joe guaranteeing we would beat Everton.

He also posted mid Everton match (around the 75th minute) to say we were "definitely going to get at least a draw" .

I’m still celebrating our two league titles and Champions league doubles shur

Advertisement