Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

lads its all a bit of craic until it isnt, long live joe

im happy when hes right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

golfball37 wrote: »
    I’m still celebrating our two league titles and Champions league doubles shur
    I seem to remember Joe guaranteeing we would beat Everton.

He also posted mid Everton match (around the 75th minute) to say we were "definitely going to get at least a draw" .

Cough cough cough https://youtu.be/zSDj7bjAv2s

I was celebrating getting to the Champions League Final when ‘some people’ were convinced we would even get out of the group.

I realise now that we easily could have beaten Everton but Jose threw the game in order to set up these transfers and win the UEFA and league.

Don’t you all love when a plan comes together.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Cough cough cough https://youtu.be/zSDj7bjAv2s

I was celebrating getting to the Champions League Final when ‘some people’ were convinced we would even get out of the group.

I realise now that we easily could have beaten Everton but Jose threw the game in order to set up these transfers and win the UEFA and league.

Don’t you all love when a plan comes together.

will go one better joe

madrid sold cccccchhhhammmezz to everton to inflict the loss that would force levys hand to take bale off them

hows that for machiavellian

First of two big signings to be announced tomorrow

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/16/report-tottenhams-fourth-summer-signing-will-be-announced-tomorrow-five-year-deal-agreed/

This is really the start for us lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

First of two big signings to be announced tomorrow

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/16/report-tottenhams-fourth-summer-signing-will-be-announced-tomorrow-five-year-deal-agreed/

This is really the start for us lads.

Everyone will think I’m mad bar you but if we get these in, we can win the league. Get Ndombele on form, GLC back in and our only weakness is centre back. And Toby, Dier and Sanchez aren’t bad by any means. We also have depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Everyone will think I’m mad bar you but if we get these in, we can win the league. Get Ndombele on form, GLC back in and our only weakness is centre back. And Toby, Dier and Sanchez aren’t bad by any means. We also have depth.

If we get Baler and Reggie in we’ll pretty much have to go 3 at the back. Davies might become the 3rd centre back. That would be an area of serious weakness imo.

Anyways I’m still not convinced it’s gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

DeanAustin wrote: »

Definitely mad!

The Star have confirmed Bale to Spurs on loan for €13m

Only the Star

Ormus wrote: »

Only the Star

Daily Mail, Talksport, BBC sports editor and some Spanish media calling it too.

Only the Star

Daily Mail as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/goal/status/1306323948548878338?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Now tomorrow we will be going out for Suarez and or Ings.

Like Jose or not Reguilon and Bale would not be ours without him. Spurs are here to win the League. ****ing hell if you thought that I was optimistic before, with Bale we will be unbeatable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

joeguevara wrote:
    ****ing hell if you thought that I was optimistic before, with Bale we will be unbeatable.

This made me laugh, in the best possible way. Who know Joe, who knows. Maybe we will win something. A cup is definitely on the cards.

im not taking anything as confirmed based on the mail jumping the gun and everyone else parrotting it

by all accounts its close, but short of fabrizio or a club tweet then its a fingers-crossed stance from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I don't know who Garret Bale is?

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I don't know who Garret Bale is?

Or a tracker mortgage

Dele left out of the squad for Europa after being subbed at half time against Everton. Interesting

dele and seven other senior players didnt travel

not saying no story, the possibility of his leaving this window was floated in a few places today and the amazon doc is not kind watching for him if you hear what jose and levy say about him at times, but the not travelling is not a factor id say

im not taking anything as confirmed based on the mail jumping the gun and everyone else parrotting it

by all accounts its close, but short of fabrizio or a club tweet then its a fingers-crossed stance from me

When you pull on a night out and she brings you back to hers, brings you straight to the bedroom, tells you to get comfortable on the bed while she slips into something a little more uncomfortable, do you cross your fingers hoping you will get lucky?

Time to start singing the monkees

https://youtu.be/rcnsao7Y0gk

jesus joe, i doubt she wants my fingers crossed at that stage of events

If we get Bale, do people see it as a positive move or one based on sentiment? Does it change people views on ENIC commitment? Will it change lanes position as being the main man?

i think its a welcome show of both intent and sentiment. the fans needed a ballsy move, one that showed ambition and a bit of.... for want of a better word, hope. not logical, not humdrum.

a gift to the club.

its gotten me interested again anyway

bale, bergwijn, son behind kane, lucas, dele, lamela all having to compete to break into that?

yeah im watching that

• Advertisement

i think its a welcome show of both intent and sentiment. the fans needed a ballsy move, one that showed ambition and a bit of.... for want of a better word, hope. not logical, not humdrum.

a gift to the club.

its gotten me interested again anyway

bale, bergwijn, son behind kane, lucas, dele, lamela all having to compete to break into that?

yeah im watching that
    Spanish journalist says both have passed medicals. Also interesting that if true both picked us over United. Never thought I’d see that day.

ole ole indeed n'est pas

When you pull on a night out and she brings you back to hers, brings you straight to the bedroom, tells you to get comfortable on the bed while she slips into something a little more uncomfortable, do you cross your fingers hoping you will get lucky?

Time to start singing the monkees

https://youtu.be/rcnsao7Y0gk

Until the knickers are off, I’m still working for it. We’re almost at that stage with Bale...metaphorically speaking of course.

If we get Bale, do people see it as a positive move or one based on sentiment? Does it change people views on ENIC commitment? Will it change lanes position as being the main man?

It’s definitely based on sentiment, it’s a marquee signing, not a practical one. Very unlike Levy. Maybe it’s the romantic in him or maybe he misses the days of Bale, or maybe he just thinks it’ll cause such a buzz that it might be worth it.

Maybe he wants to enter a golf classic made up of Premier League forwards and Chairmen. I think Bale plays off 5 and Kane plays off 4.

Spanish journalist says both have passed medicals. Also interesting that if true both picked us over United. Never thought I’d see that day.

How do you figure that? It doesn’t seem that United ever put in a solid offer for Bale.

Reguilon apparently preferred United but they didn’t cave to the buy back clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Maybe Levy knows the club will be sold and gone from ENIC in the next couple of years and doesn't want to leave a legacy of only 1 trophy in 20 years. That's not meant to be a cheap dig at ENIC, that's a genuine comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I dont think United were even in for Bale so its hard to pick a club when they dont make an offer. As for the other lad, seemingly United were set to sign him, terms were agreed etc however the club (rightly imo) would not accede to Madrid's buy back clause so withdrew from negotiations. Id be happy to see you boys sign Bale, mainly because it puts alot of pressure on Uniteds board to make a big signing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Maybe Levy knows the club will be sold and gone from ENIC in the next couple of years and doesn't want to leave a legacy of only 1 trophy in 20 years. That's not meant to be a cheap dig at ENIC, that's a genuine comment.

Just finished the All or Nothing.

Is Alli a bit thick, or a dark comic genius? (Bounty bars & Baked beans )

Levy comes across as if he hasn't an idea about football - Him and Jose talking about Winks - "He runs a lot doesn't he" ?!?

Levy also mentions "wants to win trophies" …..
    Maybe with these (potential) signings , he is putting his money where his mouth is ??

Winks - Confirms how "Spurs" he is - pure bred. Okay he may be a bit limited, but you cannot deny his love for his club. That's what our club needs more of. Passion, desire. Dier seems similar.

Overall - it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be , but a bit bland really.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

agreed about levy in particular

comes across as a jose fanboy with little or no clue about footbal whatsoever. which, if it's not just a matter of them representing it that way, is astonishing after twenty years in the industry at his level.

alli comes across as both immature but having a bit more about him than many of the others- the kind of guy who would bite back in a tough situation, and the kind of guy who builds a group well- toby, jan, son, dier (to note some others) all come across as a little introverted, maybe a little soft.

the whole squad does, really. i think poch had them that way tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I dont think United were even in for Bale so its hard to pick a club when they dont make an offer. As for the other lad, seemingly United were set to sign him, terms were agreed etc however the club (rightly imo) would not accede to Madrid's buy back clause so withdrew from negotiations. Id be happy to see you boys sign Bale, mainly because it puts alot of pressure on Uniteds board to make a big signing too.

no one will ever know, noises from inside spurs was UTD offered to better any terms spurs offered but Bale said he only wanted to go back to Spurs, after all that has gone on in Madrid you can maybe see why

cant see why the buy back clause was an issue, its only if he wants to go back and its after min two years
    might suit spurs as we have a young LB who is showing good promise

agreed about levy in particular

comes across as a jose fanboy with little or no clue about footbal whatsoever. which, if it's not just a matter of them representing it that way, is astonishing after twenty years in the industry at his level.

alli comes across as both immature but having a bit more about him than many of the others- the kind of guy who would bite back in a tough situation, and the kind of guy who builds a group well- toby, jan, son, dier (to note some others) all come across as a little introverted, maybe a little soft.

the whole squad does, really. i think poch had them that way tbh.

I wouldn’t expect any chairman to have much of a clue about football beyond what a fan would have. It’s hard to tell from a documentary but even Jose doesn’t display much tactical insight in it that I’ve seen. Nothing that’d blow your mind in terms of being complex or innovative anyway.

jose has clarified that he agreed with the doc makers that too much exposure of tactics were verboten

levy in no way approaches the football knowledge of even a casual fan id say

magic words

Gareth Bale- Here we go!

thats enough for me.

be typical
    sign bale
    no fans allowed in stadium so we cant even get to see him at a game

magic words

Gareth Bale- Here we go!

thats enough for me.

im looking forward to the Video of Ormus eating his HAT:D

• Advertisement

im looking forward to the Video of Ormus eating his HAT:D

Was thinking the same thing. Will he use a knife and fork and what condiments will he use?

Bales Agent Quote

Barnett on Bale: "We're getting there, I think it will be completed this week." Bale in the gym at Valdebebas today. London tomorrow.

I never thought i would hear that

Bales Agent Quote

Barnett on Bale: "We're getting there, I think it will be completed this week." Bale in the gym at Valdebebas today. London tomorrow.

I never thought i would hear that

I think you mean from Jonathan Barnett.....im sure you were sick of hearing it from me.

joe your message is reliably on-point

yer hit-rate alas isnt what it could be ;-)

joe your message is reliably on-point

yer hit-rate alas isnt what it could be ;-)

Better than most spurs players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I wouldn’t expect any chairman to have much of a clue about football beyond what a fan would have. It’s hard to tell from a documentary but even Jose doesn’t display much tactical insight in it that I’ve seen. Nothing that’d blow your mind in terms of being complex or innovative anyway.
    jose has clarified that he agreed with the doc makers that too much exposure of tactics were verboten

Yes, theres no way Jose would expose his tactics !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Haha he definitely does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Early suprise kickoff 5 away in Bulgaria
    Lorris
    Doherty dier Sanchez Davies
    Hojbjerg sissoko
    Son Los celso Bergson
    Kane.

Great to have gio LC back hopefully he rip these Train guys a new one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Is this on the box anywhere lads?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Out early and knock in 3 goals. Then take anyone of note off, and concede 2 goals in the 80th minute to give me a heart attack.

Or that's how i assume it'll go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭prodsc

MrKingsley wrote: »

Premier Sports 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

MrKingsley wrote: »

Premier sport 2
    Bein sports 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Still 0-0 after 30 minutes, a spurs but not end product really, a fewe chances and a peno not given. I have a bad feeling about this....

this is scrappy, energetic stuff and im enjoying it despite a lack of quality

certainly isnt negative

sanchez doesnt make great decisions at key moments. if jose works on that hes a prospect.

bergwijn looks sharp

davies looks slow

think we just lost stream at bein sports

• Advertisement
Advertisement