Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, gone for me as well. Been choppy all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

think we just lost stream at bein sports

Yeah seems to be down for everyone...

In the meantime, Bale and Reguilon are both done apparently.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1306626201407062022

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Yeah my stream packed it in aswell.

One thing that I’ve definitely noticed in the 60 or so minutes I’ve seen of him is that Holberg is without a doubt a strong personality in the team.

He has no issue with telling anyone where they need to be when we are setting up defensively. If Mourinho has a mouth piece for that kind of stuff on the pitch then it can only be a good thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Not only has the stream packed in, but they’re now showing some old match from their archives! WTF??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Issue with Bulgarian national broadcasting apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

1 down!!

Is this a two legged tie? If not then it seems Jose solved our fixture congestion problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

This will ease our fixture congestion nicely.

• Advertisement

Laughable. Glad the stream is dead tbh.

They've had 2 red cards btw.

you have to see the funny side

awful awful awful commitment from set piece defending, beaten easily twice for quite a neat goal.

joke players

1-1 now.

NDombele after hitting in a second according to Uefa.com

Yeah, 2-1 up.

Im listening to it on Spurs.co.uk and the lads havent a clue either. Apparently it only in Norway that the streams are still working so the lads are just waiting on people from Norway tweeting it

• Advertisement

They've had a third player sent off!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Never in doubt.

Not sure how much Ndombele knew about the goal from the replay I've seen on Twitter.

We're in big trouble this season.

Haven’t seen any of the goals. Stream came back with 1 minute plus AT to go. Should have been 3-1 just now and stream has gone again!

• Advertisement

Back now.

Final whistle. We’re through, but not particularly impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Next round, won’t even remember this game when we are in final next year
    (Just havin a pint here with Joe BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Playing away in Eastern Europe in a qualifier at the very start of the season, it was never gonna be pretty. People always seem surprised when we don’t beat a team of nobodies ten nil, but it’s never been any other way, it’s pretty much always been ugly.

that was ok in parts and defensively/final pass shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

We're in big trouble this season.

We're not. Top 4 and a title push once Bale and Reguilon come in. Ndombele looking more interested, GLC looking good.

Today wasn't great but we're through. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

There's really no need for a Sissoko/Hjoberg partnership in midfield, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

LostArt wrote: »
    There's really no need for a Sissoko/Hjoberg partnership in midfield, ever.

You can add winks to that too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Macadonia here we come baby....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Lads what’s the story with tanganga (can’t remember the spelling)
    I’m watching the documentary now and he comes across as an old head on young shoulders.
    Anytime I seen him he looked quite good.

• Advertisement

back injury has him out still

absolutely a top prospect and highly rated at the club

id have him getting minutes in every position along that back line this year and if he were an inch taller he'd be chasing dier for that centre half spot ahead of sanchez imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Highlights video here I missed every glorious second of it..
    Great to be through to the next round 🙂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pr1UDFDYAog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Highlights video here I missed every glorious second of it..
    Great to be through to the next round 🙂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pr1UDFDYAog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

tom1ie wrote: »
    Lads what’s the story with tanganga (can’t remember the spelling)
    I’m watching the documentary now and he comes across as an old head on young shoulders.
    Anytime I seen him he looked quite good.

He has been promoted to senior squad. Think recovering from an injury. His first three senior debuts were immense but I think his next (city but could be corrected) he was skinned for the length of time he played. He definitely has the potential to grow in to a club legend. Similarities with God (Ledley) but I’d prefer him to be nurtured rather than pushed. Alli and Townsend are our pinups for lost potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

joeguevara wrote: »
    He has been promoted to senior squad. Think recovering from an injury. His first three senior debuts were immense but I think his next (city but could be corrected) he was skinned for the length of time he played. He definitely has the potential to grow in to a club legend. Similarities with God (Ledley) but I’d prefer him to be nurtured rather than pushed. Alli and Townsend are our pinups for lost potential

In fairness Townsends demise at Tottenham was mostly his own making!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

'ti's gone abit quiet on the Bale front. Should we be worried.

Deal is done for both, and they are on a plane to London at the moment apparently.

https://twitter.com/AlasdairGold/status/1306897407410688000?s=19

Does anyone here have solid info on whether Real will pay a portion of his wages? I’ve read that they’re not and that they are.

Sky saying we’re paying £15-20m for the year including loan fee and wages. His wages alone are £26-30m a year so that would suggest we’re not paying full whack.

Option for second year is nice, first I’ve heard of it.

I've heard it's 60/40, with Real paying 60%.

Hard to know what's accurate though. We aren't paying anymore than 50% though...can anyone see Levy giving someone more than 300k per week?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I've heard it's 60/40, with Real paying 60%.

Hard to know what's accurate though. We aren't paying anymore than 50% though...can anyone see Levy giving someone more than 300k per week?

Before all this started definitely not but he seems to have lost the head a bit over Bale.

Anyway 40% sounds good, Football London is a reasonable source

if we arent paying a transfer fee, it will be sold as 300k p/w with the argument that saving on a fee of say 20m over two years is worth 200k p/w of that, and surely nobody would argue with a 20m valuation for bale at 31

of course, kane will want parity at next contract. if we are in a situation where all that stops kane signing is paying him what hes worth in the market, then i think we would be in very good shape indeed versus what we fear now

not sure who else might be disgruntled at bales wages, id argue its only son that would have a case at all and im not sure when his contract is due.

on son, i finished the prime doc last night and i have to say i think hes one that could struggle under jose. as we have seen he doesnt know how to add aggession to his game without just getting sent off.

i also wonder if he is the wrong type of personality to question and challenge. i think you get the best out of him by acknowledging his excellence and asking him to keep it up, rather than hacking at him.

just thoughts

I’m kept schtum on this until now in case I was to jinx it but it looks sorted now.

Getting Bale back is huge. I know he’s 31 but he’s also barely played in 18/24 months. And that’s not because of injuries. So he will be fresh. It might be different if he’d played 100 odd games over that period.

As for the wages I really couldn’t give a toss. If it’s 300k a week then it’ll be 10 million for the season(plus whatever fee). That is absolutely worth it if he’s 70% of the player who left us. If he was to score 15 and give Kane a rest for 10/12 games this season (I don’t think he will be used as a CF but is an option) then it is absolutely worth it.

Worst case scenario he can’t get match fit/gets injured and we say goodbye again next summer

xr3guu11bwn51.jpg

if we arent paying a transfer fee, it will be sold as 300k p/w with the argument that saving on a fee of say 20m over two years is worth 200k p/w of that, and surely nobody would argue with a 20m valuation for bale at 31

of course, kane will want parity at next contract. if we are in a situation where all that stops kane signing is paying him what hes worth in the market, then i think we would be in very good shape indeed versus what we fear now

not sure who else might be disgruntled at bales wages, id argue its only son that would have a case at all and im not sure when his contract is due.

on son, i finished the prime doc last night and i have to say i think hes one that could struggle under jose. as we have seen he doesnt know how to add aggession to his game without just getting sent off.

i also wonder if he is the wrong type of personality to question and challenge. i think you get the best out of him by acknowledging his excellence and asking him to keep it up, rather than hacking at him.

just thoughts

Yeah I suppose it depends what’s true, but if we’re only paying 40% then that’s 200-240 per week. Harry is already on 250 if I’m not mistaken.

Anyway who cares really

The Sun are reporting that we’re paying him 550 a week and the Star say 300. Nobody has a clue it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Ormus wrote: »
    Before all this started definitely not but he seems to have lost the head a bit over Bale.

Anyway 40% sounds good, Football London is a reasonable source

All I can say is 'Hatters gonna Hat'.

This is so flippin exciting!!
    When/if we sign bale:
    (A) where does he play?
    (B) what is the strongest first 11?
    Discuss.

This is so flippin exciting!!
    When/if we sign bale:
    (A) where does he play?
    (B) what is the strongest first 11?
    Discuss.

Lloris
    Doherty tanganga alderwield reguillon
    Lucas ndombele sissoko son
    Bale
    Kane

Maybe
    swap tanganga for Sanchez
    Swap sissoko for hodjberg
    What about Ali, dier, sessingon bergwin, lo Celso?

We seem to have depth if these signings come to fruition.

Winks lamela Fernandes Davies foyth, all have good experience too.
    Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Lloris
    Doherty tanganga alderwield reguillon
    Lucas ndombele sissoko son
    Bale
    Kane

Maybe
    swap tanganga for Sanchez
    Swap sissoko for hodjberg
    What about Ali, dier, sessingon bergwin, lo Celso?

We seem to have depth if these signings come to fruition.

Winks lamela Fernandes Davies foyth, all have good experience too.
    Jaysus!

Sissoko for Lo Celso? Are you just trying to give the other teams a chance?

We can challenge for the league here. If Tanganga is as good as he looked and stays fit, that could sort a lot of problems in our weakest area. Aside from that, we look strong all over the park and on the bench.

Title challenge incoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ormus wrote: »
    The Sun are reporting that we’re paying him 550 a week and the Star say 300. Nobody has a clue it seems.
    With Levy involved, I would say in no way are you breaking the banking on this deal. If you were paying £20m a year, that is basically half wages, half loan loan fee. For a 31 year old Bale in today's crazy market, that is reasonable.

The funny thing about all this was that Bale's agent was adamant that he would not go on loan :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement