Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

joeguevara wrote: »
    All I can say is 'Hatters gonna Hat'.

Well said Joe, yeah I had the fedora for breakfast this morning. Poached, with some hollandaise sauce and a nice chianti

tom1ie wrote: »
    Lloris
    Doherty tanganga alderwield reguillon
    Lucas ndombele sissoko son
    Bale
    Kane

Maybe
    swap tanganga for Sanchez
    Swap sissoko for hodjberg
    What about Ali, dier, sessingon bergwin, lo Celso?

We seem to have depth if these signings come to fruition.

Winks lamela Fernandes Davies foyth, all have good experience too.
    Jaysus!

Not a chance we’re playing full backs with two wingers ahead of them. We don’t have any full backs except Davies.

Doc and Reggie are both attacking wing backs. The problem now is we need to play 3 centre backs and we don’t have 3 good ones let alone cover for them. Big problem area now for me. We will be exposed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Ormus wrote: »
    Well said Joe, yeah I had the fedora for breakfast this morning. Poached, with some hollandaise sauce and a nice chianti

Interesting. I saw a guy playing tennis with a hat earlier. Think his name was Roger Fedora.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ormus wrote: »
    Not a chance we’re playing full backs with two wingers ahead of them. We don’t have any full backs except Davies.

Doc and Reggie are both attacking wing backs. The problem now is we need to play 3 centre backs and we don’t have 3 good ones let alone cover for them. Big problem area now for me. We will be exposed

Reggie 😀
    I like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Bergwin is way ahead of Moura in my opinion. GLC is in my first xi all day long too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Mourinho complaining now that he has too many players.

If they aren’t good enough then don’t play them Jose. Pick the 18 you want to work with and leave the others out.

We clearly don’t have 13/14 players good enough to be challenging for anything higher than 4th so first things first

golfball37 wrote: »
    Bergwin is way ahead of Moura in my opinion. GLC is in my first xi all day long too.

GLC absolutely has to play IMO.

He is the sole central player we have with any sort of creativity (1 touch per 180 minutes for Alli doesn’t count)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

How much has Bale's game changed? is this kind of formation possible?

................................Kane
    ........Bale..........................................Son

.............Lo Celso... Höjbjerg...N'dombele

Reguilon......Sanchez/Dier.....Alderweirald.....Doherty

..................................Lloris

Considering who is left on the bench (Ryan Sessegnon, Moura, Bergwijn, Alli, Lamela) I wonder could good money be got for someone like Lamela or Moura who despite having loads of ability seem like they might not be starting a lot (though maybe that's why Alli has been linked away). If so I'd be looking at bringing up a first choice CB if possible.

Considering who is left on the bench (Ryan Sessegnon, Moura, Bergwijn, Alli, Lamela) I wonder could good money be got for someone like Lamela or Moura who despite having loads of ability seem like they might not be starting a lot (though maybe that's why Alli has been linked away). If so I'd be looking at bringing up a first choice CB if possible.

Honestly I don’t think that line up would work. I reckon both Doherty and Reg are only slightly better defenders than Aurier. If we were to have them both at full back we’d either need 3 subs or else have someone like Sissoko starting in midfield and detailed to help out the full back on his side.

I think it’s more likely we go 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. Outside chance of going 4 at the back if we had Dier in midfield and dropping back into defence like he used to.

bale offers playing off kane, on the right of a three cutting in, on the left of a four or a three, point of a diamond, left wing back

i dont see how getting him in limits us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

bale offers playing off kane, on the right of a three cutting in, on the left of a four or a three, point of a diamond, left wing back

The issue may be fitting in Reguilon, I think. From what I've read he's an offensive full back, so him and Doherty in a back 4 seems unlikely?

I think he could genuinely be used as a replacement for Kane up top as well. He has the physique, technique and is good enough in the air as well

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    The issue may be fitting in Reguilon, I think. From what I've read he's an offensive full back, so him and Doherty in a back 4 seems unlikely?

Yeah that’s it. Last season we sort of got away with 2 centre backs because Davies played defensively, slotting in as a 3rd centre back when Aurier was high up the pitch on the other side. I doubt Reggie is suited to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

We have to keep Moura.
    Lamela not so much.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Are we not heading back to the days of walker rb and rose lb?
    Flying full backs giving us great width

i am old enough to remember when a full back could be trusted to support the attack and still do his duties in defence

thisll blow your minds- he was even expected to be able to cross the ball

playing aurier as an actual right winger was to limit his time in defence

davies cant support the attack judiciously because he is the slowest professional footballer ive ever seen

better things are possible lads, than we have been putting up with. expect more!

Modern full backs are required to do a lot more running. It used to be a case of defend your corner and make the odd overlapping run. Now they’re effectively playing full back and right winger, although not many of them are good at both. Andy Robertson is probably the best all rounder in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

MrKingsley wrote:
    Mourinho complaining now that he has too many players.
    MrKingsley wrote:
    If they aren’t good enough then don’t play them Jose. Pick the 18 you want to work with and leave the others out.
    MrKingsley wrote:
    We clearly don’t have 13/14 players good enough to be challenging for anything higher than 4th so first things first

I thought this was a wind up earlier but he actually complained about having too many players in today's press conference. I am shocked. Don't we have 8 games in 17days or something like that soo. Unbelievable.

lads he needs some of the players who arent good enough to leave because now he has good enough players

its simple enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

****ty enough not to make the announcement happen today imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Got to love Harry. Comes out and said we should sign Modric. Honestly reckon levy got a bang to the head or else it's an impersonator pulling off the best con in the history of football. He's like a kid who found his Dad's ATM pin.

On a serious note, was doing a bit of reading and realised I had completely erased the Frank Arnesen era from my memory. We were really in the doldrums and it's amazing how far we have come.

The open letter he wrote to the fans in 2008 could literally have been written after Sacking Poch. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/oct/26/tottenhamhotspur

So happy to see him acknowledge that although Robbie put in a transfer request he acted with integrity. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about Berbatov. But you cannot really blame him. His interview when Robbie was inducted into FAI Hall of fame rocked though.

Most pertinent was his comments about football v profitable club. " There is also an inaccurate perception that our Club is run entirely for profit and that football is secondary. Success on the pitch is the sole determinant to the future of the Club and its financial stability, so it would be entirely counter-productive to have anything other than football as our first and foremost priority and it is ridiculous to suggest otherwise. At a time when football clubs are criticised for losing money and for their debt levels, I am surprised that we should be criticised for running our Club on a sound commercial basis and for making a profit. Thank goodness we do make a profit because it has significantly supported the progress we have made over the last seven years and has helped to make us one of Europe's most secure Clubs. I make no apologies for the fact that we reinvest the Club's positive cash flow in both players and infrastructure."

Let's just hope we will grab our opportunity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Our EL game on Thursday was moved to the local national stadium, which is a better pitch and closer to the airport. Saves a bit of travel time, and lessens the chance of an injury hopefully.

Not really tbf. Signings shouldn't be based on when we want to hear about it. As soon as everything is done, they'll announce it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

These things have to be done properly. So what if it takes another day or two to tie everything down? The last thing we want is a repeat of the Willian fiasco.

Looks like we won’t see him play until the second half of October anyway.
    He’s carrying a knee injury.
    Apparently it’s not gonna stop the deal going through.
    https://www.teamtalk.com/news/gareth-bale-injury-tottenham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

In other news super Andros Townsend has put palace 1up at Man u...

Fill your boots son.
    Didn't give the fecks a inch peace either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Seems Bale will get the number 9 shirt.

Reguilon officially announced.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Looks like we won’t see him play until the second half of October anyway.
    He’s carrying a knee injury.
    Apparently it’s not gonna stop the deal going through.
    https://www.teamtalk.com/news/gareth-bale-injury-tottenham

And so it begins

Bale given the number 9 jersey on the spurs website

Welcome home!!!

• Advertisement

Buckle up lads
    The winds are BALE force

just delighted about all this

Ah lads! Bale Kane And son on the same pitch!
    Holy **** I’m so excited!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gar

done!

Never thought I'd see the day. Unreal stuff. This is an almost Klinsmann-esque signing.

Still don't think its the answer to all our problems but it goes a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Please God this gives the team the boost it needs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As a complete neutral when it comes to the epl, I'd really love to see Bale rip it up in the league.

He's been treated terribly in Madrid for the last few seasons despite what he did for them (Ok I know he earned plenty of cash) and it would be nice to see him do well.

Watch his interview lads
    Top guy who genuinely loves spurs

Let’s hope it’s the pick me up the club needs

Talk of Ings now, did levy win the lotto

Levy got Madrid down to 220k per week for Bale, we’re not paying the 300k that’s been widely reported

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

I don’t think we can expect the Gareth Bale of 2013 but this is still great news.

One of my all-time favourite Spurs players, right up there with Gascoigne and Waddle.

Edit: forgot Lineker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

As a curious Liverpool fan, what do Tottenham fans see as their best 11 with Bale now? Who's place is he taking? Obviously you's have talent going forward already, the likes of Son, Kane, Moura and Bergwijn along with Bale is some force

moura most at risk there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

moura most at risk there

Serious attacking prowess now at Spurs. Son, Bale, and Kane is some front 3.

son, kane, lucas now that bale has arrived, as twitter says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Spurs were very poor against Everton last week. I suppose we could expect a reaction. We scraped a midweek win in Bulgaria, dunno if that's a help or a hindrance?

Southampton were poor v Palace last week. Palace have since beaten Man U.

It really is hard to know what to expect.

Almost everybody is fit.

Spurs are the better team on paper, we'l prob conced to a set piece and a Danny Ings goal.

Harry Kane and Sonny.

2-2

Will be watching Alli with a keen eye today. He's under real pressure now as there just won't be room for him in the same team as Kane, Bale and Son. Will he stand up and fight or go hiding?

I think he'll be the one to exit the club in the next few weeks.

I’m delighted with the bale signing, we still have no midfield and can’t defend set pieces however. The front 3 are only as good as the other 8 playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

I think he'll be the one to exit the club in the next few weeks.

I think you could be right about that. Even after two poor seasons some club will still pay a big transfer fee.

TOTTENHAM TEAM NEWS

Team to play:

Lloris, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Winks, Hojbjerg, Ndomble, Moura, Kane, Son.

Subs: Hart, Alderweireld, Lamela, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Aurier.

Ndonble starts!

Alderweireld drops to bench
    Sissoko on bench again.
    No starting place for LoCelso.

• Advertisement

Alli left out of squad.
    Interesting.

Advertisement