Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Alli left out of squad.
    Interesting.

Interesting indeed. Looks like he might be this season’s Ndombélé. Hopefully Ndombélé isn’t also this season’s Ndombélé.

"hopefully" in that sentence depends entirely on whether ndombele presents fit and ready to show how good he is

its hard to say what changes are resting, given schedule, which are tactical and which are "dropped" but thats not a strong team imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

"hopefully" doth butter no parsnips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Not good so far. Same old same old

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Defence is ****e again. Sunday league defending from us far too often.

• Advertisement

like his goal the last time against us, you can call that goal brilliant from ings

i see a long ball taken down and finished as if no defender existed

pathetic centre half play, two players and as well not to be on the pitch.

one forward lads. they play one forward. he cannot beat ye just by running between ye.

Unreal finish by Ings to be fair.

We look soft right down through the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

We are just a very ordinary team at its core.

Kick it long is all spurs are doing. Load of sh1te. Esrn your money Mourhino ffs.

Glebee wrote: »
    Kick it long is all spurs are doing. Load of sh1te. Esrn your money Mourhino ffs.

id be much much more concerned with how our entire defence is trained to watch the ball and ignore absolutely everything the opposition players are doing besides.

it's systemic at this stage, if this was an issue with defender quality then us flinging long balls up to harry would yield goals like that

kane simply would never be able to get on the end of a straight long ball like that and take a shot, because a defender would be marking him

our "system" has no marking and no responsibility and how mourinho can pretend that its about a high press or anything else is beyond me when that remains unaddressed

• Advertisement

Mourinko will be gone by Christmas.

wonderful goal

if we could absorb standard pressure then ive seen enough to say that we can spring and break

ive been critical of ndombele but he has turned and sprung that trap a few times and if he keeps that up he will be critical

Lo Celso for Ndombele. Not sure about that sub. Surely a fitness issue? He was playing well.

Very strange sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I think we need to take off Winks and Dier with Lo Celso and Toby now. And we will win 2-1. ...

Yessssssssssssss!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

Sonny boy!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Super Son :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Superb goal there. 2-1.

missed that

any description available?

ndombele had a heavily strapped knee, i think we'd all agree he was having a very good game tbf

• Advertisement

defence is totally at sea, could throw a hanky over them and hit them all

missed that

any description available?

ndombele won the ball in midfield, then quick turn and pass out to Harry on the wing, first time pass into the centre for Sonny to score from an acute angle.

Think ndombele is carrying an injury and probably needed a rest after thursday night.

He has all the skills and if he gets his fitness and attitude right he may come good for us.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Very strange sub.

I think it was a pre-planned switch, to manage the fitness of both players.

ndombele won the ball in midfield, then quick turn and pass out to Harry on the wing, first time pass into the centre for Sonny to score from an acute angle.

Think ndombele is carrying an injury and probably needed a rest after thursday night.

He has all the skills and if he gets his fitness and attitude right he may come good for us.

thanks but meant second goal ;)

we look good now but the more we creep forward the worse i feel about our paper midfield

next goal could actually be huge in this season tbh

surely offside

Hat trick for Son of gun :D

we have the best playmaker and best finisher in the league and its harry kane

Hat-trick Sonny! Hat-trick of assists from Kane. Say what you will about our defence, but we've been very clinical today.

Harry has more assists in the last 25 minutes of football that in the 2588 he played last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ha ha ha ha epic well deserved soony and hurricane

sons timing has absolutely improved since the end of last season, he was always offside a lot but the runs today have been incredibly precise

ok our big problem is now centre half, hear me out.....have we considered playing harry there

ok our big problem is now centre half, hear me out.....have we considered playing harry there

We couldn't do without him in midfield :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Unbelievable from son and Harry.
    Simply brilliant.

Four for Sonny :D

4 goals for Son, 4 assists for Kane :D

• Advertisement

This is tottenham lads. We could still lose.

Cmon Sonny return the favour to Harry

A Harry goal from Son would be the perfect end to the game...and my fantasy football team :P

Harry Hotspur for number 5:p

190 Spurs goals

Kane with the 5th! Get in :D

Not setup by Son though :( :P

• Advertisement

Stupid rule, but that'll be a peno.

im ok with the absolute clarity on the handball tbh

look fwd to us getting thirty pens this year tho

Fcuking hell, what a difference between the first and second half. Did not see that coming at half time.

Great win and great that so few of our best eleven played 90 mins. It’ll be fascinating to see how we rotate in the next two games. I’d be hoping all the squad will see game time this week.

the thought that you could add lo celso, bale to that starting lineup and ndombele clearly wasnt even fit is encouraging

the ridiculous ease with which they poured through us all first half is not

positives to take that shouldnt be allowed cover up the amount of work to be done on simple things

That's Sonny's 1st PL hat-trick AFAIK.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Worztron wrote: »
    That's Sonny's 1st PL hat-trick AFAIK.

He scored at least one in Germany 100 percent..

He might have scored three in a fa cup game for us a couple of years ago
    But definitely his first in the prem.

Delighted for the little legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

I wonder what kind of team we’ll play on Tuesday? Can’t afford to field too weak a team, but also need to have a strong enough team for Thursday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement