Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Ormus wrote: »
    It’s confirmed that tonight’s game is called off but no confirmation yet that we get a bye despite the next round being due to start in 6 days time. I suppose we could play two games in a day if needs be, save the lads having to shower in between games.

Remember when we played on consecutive days in December 1994? I think it might be the only time in Premier League history.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Liverpool last year had 2 games at the same time last year. Sure we can do the same :pac

Game is off. Still discussions about whether its cancelled or postponed.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/september/efl-statement-leyton-orient-v-tottenham-hotspur/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Such a class bunch of fans !...
    Wont get the credit it deserves from other clubs.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/fixtures-results/tottenham-fans-show-class-leyton-18981264

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

joeguevara wrote: »
    Honestly for the last year and a half poch got very little from us. We didn't win a PL match after thrashing Everton 5-1 on 23 December. We had an amazing CL run but honestly it was last gasp roll of the dice. The CL final was ours to win but not with Kane. The semi was evidence of moura and Son being on fire.

Also poch lost the two best wing backs in the country.

I am always lukewarm on Poch. He was a good manager to get euros or even a third but never a title. Also his cup return was shocking. We should have beaten UTD in the semi after going ahead. I'm grateful for his effort but he left us in a shambles.

Also we lost one game. From how it has ignited our transfer business it may be the best thing to have happened.

I think we will have Bale and Mlk before October. Also another defender.

We will be leading by Christmas and we will definitely have at least one major cup at the end of the season. Jose will go down as our greatest modern manager.

One thing I am disappointed with is the card I got for saying something about neville who hadn't shut up about our weaknesses. Should go back to Spain and literally have the worst record of all time.

Anyone think that there is an issue between Kane and Son?

Just going to leave this here. Heard the Milik Roma deal has fallen through. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

greenspurs wrote: »
    Such a class bunch of fans !...
    Wont get the credit it deserves from other clubs.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/fixtures-results/tottenham-fans-show-class-leyton-18981264

Just donated.....kiddies green green jersey

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Looks like we might be close to signing Milan Skriniar’s, which would be a great signing. €50 is the latest amount being floated.

If it is true, the "Levy doesn't back the team" crowd will really need a new tune :pac:

its actually gone a bit mental

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    Looks like we might be close to signing Milan Skriniar’s, which would be a great signing. €50 is the latest amount being floated.

If it is true, the "Levy doesn't back the team" crowd will really need a new tune :pac:

Where are you reading that? I read this morning that talks were held but clubs were miles apart on valuation.

Last legit looking one is that. A few other lower tiers have said €50 mill. Steve Hitchen (chief scout) is in Milan at the moment though, so hopefully we can get it done. We could really use another solid CB.

https://twitter.com/DanViti/status/1309118486065672192

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

7 kickoff in the Europea LG
    Hart debut's
    Aurier Sanchez Toby Davies.
    Winks ndombele
    Alli lamela berjwijn
    Son..

Nice bench too.
    Lorris Doherty sissoko gio Lucas and Kane..
    Coys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

davycc wrote: »
    7 kickoff in the Europea LG
    Hart debut's
    Aurier Sanchez Toby Davies.
    Winks ndombele
    Alli lamela berjwijn
    Son..

Nice bench too.
    Lorris Doherty sissoko gio Lucas and Kane..
    Coys

Do we know what channel we are on?

tom1ie wrote: »
    Do we know what channel we are on?

Premier sport one Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

davycc wrote:
    7 kickoff in the Europea LG Hart debut's Aurier Sanchez Toby Davies. Winks ndombele Alli lamela berjwijn Son..

Hard to believe that with the exception of Kane that same team might have been our strongest starting XIa couple of weeks ago.

davycc wrote: »
    Premier sport one Tom

Sweet.

One nil lamela already..
    Smash them boys

Exactly what we needed. A few early goals, get a few subs on, home with an easy win.

passing is still sloppy but pressing is very good

don't get to say this often- ref is giving us everything!

passing is still sloppy but pressing is very good

don't get to say this often- ref is giving us everything!

tho that was a pen on dele tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

That put me to sleep...

Is it me or is Ali actually putting in an effort so far in this game?

not really re alli effort tbh

that is a great goal, thats what we get for allowing them sniff around

Or we could dick around for 50 minutes and play like absolute ****e, conceding a cracker in the process.

Why the **** can't we just keep things simple?

Ffs!!

bergwijn has been very unimpressive and none of the players who should be popping up in the box in kanes absence are doing so

but aurier has had a fine game imo, and its a lot for me to admit that

• Advertisement

pressing and marking have dropped off

thats very poor given the standard of opposition

Get in!

finally, someone on a rebound

sonny finishes well after lucas showed competence in the box (sorely lacking since lamelas opener)

Get in My Son :D

2-1 to the Spurs

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

A couple more son please

• Advertisement

Wete making hard work of this.

davies is unfortunately really struggling, on and off the ball

alderweireld is half the pace he used be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

How is ndombele playing

son sends in a peach for kane to power a header home

How is ndombele playing

not at all badly, better than many around him. very nice eye for a surprise/aggressive pass on display.

may be off now for lo celso? unsure of subs tbh.

edit- think i just saw him there, nm

Hurricane he scores when he likes!!

What mighty powerhouse of european football do we have too look farward to playing next?

Nice one Harry ....3-1 should be game over :)

Glebee wrote: »
    What mighty powerhouse of european football do we have too look farward to playing next?

maccabi haifi or one of them interchangeable swedish/danish stalwarts

Next round is at home though, if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Another trip to Eastern Europe would be nice, I’ve heard Armenia is lovely this time of year

maccabi haifi

A local Derby, of sorts.

Chelsea in the next round of the league Cup. First proper test of the season if you ask me.

Ive picked Spurs for my Last Man Standing team this weekend.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Chelsea in the next round of the league Cup. First proper test of the season if you ask me.

I don’t think a decision has been reached yet about the Orient game. Maybe they were waiting to see if we got knocked out of the Europa League last night? Assuming we get through (or get a bye), the Chelsea game should be a good test as to where we stand.

Hopefully, it will show that our opening game against Everton was just a blip.

Ive picked Spurs for my Last Man Standing team this weekend.:(

Ah here! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

abff wrote: »
    I don’t think a decision has been reached yet about the Orient game. Maybe they were waiting to see if we got knocked out of the Europa League last night? Assuming we get through (or get a bye), the Chelsea game should be a good test as to where we stand.

Hopefully, it will show that our opening game against Everton was just a blip.

Leyton Orient are out. We play chelsee
    Their O's chairman was on whinging and balling over the game not being rescheduled, but now their league game against Walsall is off also.
    He kicked up a fuss over losing out on 150,000, but now after the Spurs fans buying their gear, and the EFL paying them some money , he has given up on the game against Spurs being played.
    He hasn't come out of this very well imo.

But then the Hams game against Hull went ahead even though Moyes and 2 players tested positive the same day as their game?! So, did The Leyton Orient chairman have a point ?

Just like in Ireland, they seem to make up Corona rules as they are going along.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-carabao-cup-bye-leyton-orient-abandon-bid-have-match-rescheduled-a4554686.html

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

How a week changes things lads.

Role on the "Spurs have won 3 from 3" narrative before Newcastle. Not that I subscribe to that mind.

Newcastle will be a good test as well to see where we are at. If they sit back, which I think they will, it will be interesting to see if we have developed any creativity in the final third over the last 12 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Officially given a bye in the League Cup.

Played Chelsea on Tuesday now

Advertisement