Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Kiith wrote: »

Ffs! We are having some serious bad luck with injuries over the past year.

id love to be able to log in and complain about winks, hojbjerg, davies and dier having no idea how to hold the ball and deal with simple decisions

id love to be giving out about not finishing a game off when killing the opposition

it would be great if the topic was mourinho and his not accepting that the individual errors inevitable from dier and davies at the back make us so susceptible to quick, simple direct counters and therefore he needs to reconsider his approach

instead the only possible topic is the implementation of VAR by a premier league absolutely desperate for man utd to get back to full marketing performance

the league is rotten from top to bottom and its not individual refs, its systemic, its shameless and its deliberate.

and they 100% do not care that you can watch it happen in real time

forget even that today- and every one of us knew it was coming once newcastle started lumping it.

pogba on connolly yesterday was full contact, knee from behind into an opponent's thigh

if you can watch that, decide against giving it, and still be the same organisation that gave pogba a pen against us last season (dier at fault again) then railing against rules and individual refs is pointless. the rules dont matter and any ref let out there knows what hes doing.

its a scam.

managers and chairmen should be calling individual names out in public because this is just unwatchable at this stage.

whatever it is, its neither sport nor football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

I only saw three quarters of the match so only saw the peno on match of the day last night. Whatever about that decision what stood out to me is that we could not put Newcastle away when we were so dominent. Newcastle were poor from what I saw yesterday and as per usual their goal keeper made a few good saves and we hit the post twice. Its the same old story of not being able to kill teams off when we have them and Mourhino can say all he wants about how brilliant we played, if you dont score more than the hopposition its not worth a fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

We blew it yesterday lads.

The handball rules are a joke but we, and the players, already know this.

Should've been 3 up after 20 minutes. Then just pissed around for the entire second half.

Ormus called it after 30 mins from what I can see. I was saying the same thing to the lads I was watching with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Fcuked this away.
    Simple. Should/Could have been 3-4 up at half time.

The law is an a$$ - simple as that.
    Refs and Var officials have to follow the law, no matter how fcuking stupid it is.

I was only saying after watching MotD that football is dying due to the legislators that HAVE to change the Laws of the Game to justify their cushy jobs in Europe.
    Sunday confirmed it.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

The laws are one thing and thats whats being highlited from this game. The simple fact is that we could not put Newcastle put away yesterday and we will win fcuk all while that continues. Newcastle had 1 shot on target and that was the penalty I think.

Glebee wrote: »
    The laws are one thing and thats whats being highlited from this game. The simple fact is that we could not put Newcastle put away yesterday and we will win fcuk all while that continues. Newcastle had 1 shot on target and that was the penalty I think.

Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Tis true, if we couldn't close out that game with a win then it's a big warning for the season ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I think some of you are being a bit harsh. Son’s two efforts off the woodwork were brilliant efforts, the save the keeper made from Lo Celso I think it was and Kane’s follow up were outstanding. We had nearly 30 efforts on goal and didn’t have any luck with a deflection onto to a hand that Newcastle got without even having an effort on goal. That’s just shytt bad luck. Why it always happens against Newcastle is bizarre.

I hope it doesn’t kill the recent momentum. Bloody Carabao Cup and EL this week before playing Utd is ridiculous . We can’t afford to be slipping 8 points behind the leaders this early in the season.

• Advertisement

Could be a spanking tonight , if going by Mourinho's comments.

No Alli in the squad again , as being reported? Altho with Son gone, youd imagine hes needed now ?

Or Is he going to be the usual Scapegoat needed by Jose ??

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I think some of you are being a bit harsh. Son’s two efforts off the woodwork were brilliant efforts, the save the keeper made from Lo Celso I think it was and Kane’s follow up were outstanding. We had nearly 30 efforts on goal and didn’t have any luck with a deflection onto to a hand that Newcastle got without even having an effort on goal. That’s just shytt bad luck. Why it always happens against Newcastle is bizarre.

I hope it doesn’t kill the recent momentum. Bloody Carabao Cup and EL this week before playing Utd is ridiculous . We can’t afford to be slipping 8 points behind the leaders this early in the season.

Absolutely agree.
    Their keeper played a blinder, we hit the woodwork twice, in any other game we would have been 3 up at HT and coasting.
    We should keep the heads up.
    Get this right tonight and it will massively boost our confidence.

I think citing bad luck is just an excuse.

Their keeper played well yes but our finishing wasn't good enough.

Add that to the fact that we let the tempo completely drop for the second half.

Also is Dier getting caught under the ball from the free bad luck or bad defending?

And no one is mentioning the disgraceful decision to award that free !!!

The Newcastle player fell at PeH and the ref gave a free.... The penalty furore deflected peoples attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agreed, that was an absolutely ridiculous decision

greenspurs wrote: »
    And no one is mentioning the disgraceful decision to award that free !!!

The Newcastle player fell at PeH and the ref gave a free.... The penalty furore deflected peoples attention

Yeah that was a stinker alright

• Advertisement

Interesting team for tonights game, lookkng forward to see how team preforms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Glebee wrote: »
    Interesting team for tonights game, lookkng forward to see how team preforms

Some of these players will not be familiar with team-mates. Also I'd say Jose just using game to look at players. Chelsea win.

Probably a Chelsea win. At least they don’t have willian to get his guaranteed goal against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Come on you spurs quite enough start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Reguilon doing a pretty good Aurier impression there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Poor from Reguilon there. Lost it then slid in stupidly.

About how i was expecting the game to go to be honest.

Ffs. We keep playing like this we are on the end of a hammering.

Damn 1nil

Alan smith is such an anti spurs gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

tom1ie wrote: »
    Alan smith is such an anti spurs gob****e.

Bore ya to death he would

Jose chasing Dier down the tunnel there :D

Much better 2nd half. Don't like losing, but of all the games we have in this fixture pile up, this is by far the least important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DIERRHOEA :D

No less then we deserve in the 2nd half. Great assist by Reguilon, who after his bad early mistake, has been really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Had to be lamela :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Excellent!!

• Advertisement

Alot lot better second half performance.

Bloody penos.
    No crowd pressure though.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Hugo should have saved Jorginhos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Get in!

Lovely Penos ban-cha.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Yes!!! Delighted. Into the last 8!!

Delighted with that. It's another game we could do without, but happy with how we played. Some real positives there.

Nice to get over the line there. A viable trophy target now.

Great stuff. Didn't see a kick but that'll be a serious boost for a lot of those players

• Advertisement

What’s the thoughts on reggie?
    I thought he had a shaky start but he improved very well.
    Good purposeful attacking play.

Thought Ndombele had a good game tonight clap.gif

If he could do that on a regular basis, he could have a good partnership with Holberg in the midfield.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Great stuff. Didn't see a kick but that'll be a serious boost for a lot of those players

Highlights tomorrow night on quest TV if you have it?

Stick it up your hoop lampard ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Winning a penalty shoot out is a welcome change. Since we won the EUFA Cup in a penalty shootout in 1984, we had lost 11 out of 13. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/elfmeterschiessen/verein/148

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Poor frank will be sacked by Xmas

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Winning a penalty shoot out is a welcome change. Since we won the EUFA Cup in a penalty shootout in 1984, we had lost 11 out of 13. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/elfmeterschiessen/verein/148

That link is missing at least 2 I remember. We lost to Forest in FA cup on pens one year and we beat Peterborough on pens in league cup too.

lots of bad final decisions/passes/touches from sissoko, bergwijn, lamela all night but lots of effort and the last hour we were by far the better team

thought reguilon, dier, ndombele and aurier had really good games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

golfball37 wrote: »
    That link is missing at least 2 I remember. We lost to Forest in FA cup on pens one year and we beat Peterborough on pens in league cup too.

I have to say I thought the gap of 20 years between the EUFA Cup win and the League Cup loss to Middlesbrough seemed a bit surprising. Were the shootouts you refer to during that period?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

MrKingsley wrote: »

youtube.com/watch?v=vQ-8RtmmVUE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Yup yup spurs. Win against Macafi on Thursday and United at the weekend and wow, what a start. Only way is up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement