Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

great win
    love our new left back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

lots of bad final decisions/passes/touches from sissoko, bergwijn, lamela all night but lots of effort and the last hour we were by far the better team

thought reguilon, dier, ndombele and aurier had really good games

Don’t think Sissoko and touch could be in the same sentence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Don’t think Sissoko and touch could be in the same sentence

Hes touch is horrific alright for a supposed top flight footballer. Brilliant engine but no skill whatsoever. He was in for a chance last night if he just got the ball uder control. He messed it up.

Striker deal seems done for vinicius

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Don't know much about Vinicius, bar he's big and a decent finisher. Definitely need a backup striker, but i can't see Levy agreeing to pay €45 for a backup (it's a loan deal, with no obligation to buy i know). Maybe he'll just come in for the year, then Parrott or someone else comes in next year?

Still hope we get the Skriniar deal done. We could really use another solid CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

On the CB issue lads.

Whilst I agree that we need another starter surely we will have to sell to buy? We have 4 at the minute. Each with their own problems.

How would you rank them?

Toby has lost his legs but he is still our best tackler, passer, reader and leader at the back.

Tangana I love what I've seen and if Mourinho trusts him I'd happily have him starting.

I like Sanchez. His pace gets him out of trouble but gives away to many needless frees and has one absolute clanger in him each match at the least.

Dier is an absolute coin toss for me. One game he looks so composed, winning everything in the air and solid in the tackle. The next it looks like he's playing CB for the first time in his life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

MrKingsley wrote: »
    On the CB issue lads.

Whilst I agree that we need another starter surely we will have to sell to buy? We have 4 at the minute. Each with their own problems.

How would you rank them?

Toby has lost his legs but he is still our best tackler, passer, reader and leader at the back.

Tangana I love what I've seen and if Mourinho trusts him I'd happily have him starting.

I like Sanchez. His pace gets him out of trouble but gives away to many needless frees and has one absolute clanger in him each match at the least.

Dier is an absolute coin toss for me. One game he looks so composed, winning everything in the air and solid in the tackle. The next it looks like he's playing CB for the first time in his life

I think you are spot on there.

Im not sure what Skriniar is like , but would he improve the defence?
    I don't know - more options at least.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »

Yeah I'm just thinking that there's no way we keep 5 CBs if we do sign him.

Unless Mourinho sees Tanganga as the back up RB and is only going to play him in 10/15 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Skrinar is one of the best in Europe. He would be first choice for me. Tananga is a project and needs to learn.

DIer is too prone to mistakes and isn't a CB. He is not champions quality. Toby is still our best and with a top class beside him can still flourish.

Sanchez would be good back up.

Skriniar definitely is worth the money, and would be out 1st choice CB.

Heavily linked with a loan move for Rudiger, which is not the right move. Not good enough to improve our defence imo.

• Advertisement

Bale training hard at hotspur way. Will be back after the international break. So exciting.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/september/gallery-bale-trains-at-hotspur-way/

Kiith wrote: »

Legen.......wait for it.....dary. Just a medical and WP to go. He has impressive stats.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Legen.......wait for it.....dary. Just a medical and WP to go. He has impressive stats.

Don't say WP Joe!!

Reminds me of the Diego shambles

Don't say WP Joe!!

He is Brazillian so will need a WP. Also as he is in Benfica, Portugal would have a different WP requirement than UK. Doubt it will be an issue at all.

Re centre back, don't forget foyth

That's three youngsters learning the trade and prone to a mistake, from which tanganga looks naturally the best prospect, sanchez has great experience and is not as bad as is made out, foyth some ways behind them two

Davies and dier too old to be given that leeway and each somewhat out of their comfort zone in the role, both inconsistent and prone to concentration lapses

Skriniar would walk in to partner toby for a year with tanganga, sanchez as understudy

Foyth, dier, Davies would be looking to convince me they could do a squad job in another position or they'd be surplus imo

That's three youngsters learning the trade and prone to a mistake, from which tanganga looks naturally the best prospect, sanchez has great experience and is not as bad as is made out, foyth some ways behind them two

Davies and dier too old to be given that leeway and each somewhat out of their comfort zone in the role, both inconsistent and prone to concentration lapses

Skriniar would walk in to partner toby for a year with tanganga, sanchez as understudy

Foyth, dier, Davies would be looking to convince me they could do a squad job in another position or they'd be surplus imo

Foyth does not seem to be rated by Jose.

And I'd agree with Jose on that

But what I'm saying is we have three young players learning the role for cover

If skriniar comes in then I cannot see what a not-young dier adds to us at all, apart from being home grown

Yeah completely forgot about Foyth but he's clearly down the pecking order already.

Like I said before I really like Sanchez but he needs to improve on some basics. Like when his man has his back to goal and is going nowhere then there is no need to try and win the ball back......maybe sissoko could give him a few pointers ;)

• Advertisement

I like sanchez a lot. He has a brainfart in him but he's quick, athletic and strong and still young. I'd be fine with him as starter if hojbjerg and the new fullbacks improve the protection our centre gets, tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Alderweireld isn't up to it lads. The legs are gone something serious in the last 6 months. He'll play no more then 5-10 games in the league this year unless we have some sort of injury catastrophe.

I'm surprised how slow he's gone so quickly, granted

But position, aerial ability, marking and strength in tackle the best we have and dropping a little deeper and providing some cover he's CL standard for awhile yet imo

Honestly- between the fullbacks never in position and a central midfield that a player made of wet paper could saunter through, what was demanded of toby, Jan and hugo for the past five years has been very unreasonable.

That neither of the former are up to that level of performance any longer is not at all to say that they aren't very good central defenders, but it's long past time we gave them some help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Anyone know if the game is on tv tonight ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Don't say WP Joe!!

They are expecting workmpermit issues but hope to get across line on appeal

Anyone know if the game is on tv tonight ?

Premier sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Alli on the bench. I was sure he'd get the start tonight.

Hart
    Doherty Alderweireld Sanchez Davies
    Winks Hojbjerg Lo Celso
    Lucas Kane Bergwijn

Is match on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

joeguevara wrote: »
    Is match on tv?

Premier 1 HD Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The Carlos Vinicius deal is almost done, according to Alasdair Gold. Medical tomorrow. It's a loan deal with option to buy, which is great for us, but I really don't see how that benefits Benfica too much? Similar story with Gedson.

davycc wrote: »
    Premier 1 HD Joe

Is that on Sky?

GoT IT

• Advertisement

Easy as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

1-0 Harry Hotspur

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

One nil up in the first minute

Any links lads, camt get any of my usual ones to work.

Gave away a great chance 2 v 1 immediately, hart saves well

Very open, dunno why we aren't playing cute for a while

Winks gives it away for no reason and toby needs a last gasp tackle to save us

We've had scrappy chances too

Cheers snoop, got your PM

All square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Sanchez giving it away again.

• Advertisement

Begging for that

Been shocking in defence

Second beautiful strike in two mins tbf

Ah jayus :confused:....we are very open at the back and in midfield:mad:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Sanchez is a donkey, always was and always will be. Under no pressure and makes a balls of a simple pass

Sanchez playing right back and nobody to pass to when he has it, and nobody closing the scorer, this isn't working

Up again.

Leave it out Haifa with a rocket. No chance for Hart.. we need to be killing of the game by half time to give Harry and the boys a rest ahead of sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Pathetic from Sanchez, absolutely no need for that pass. And why didn't Winks close him down?!!

Lovely Header Lucas :) 2-1

Lucas with a very neat header at front post from corner

• Advertisement

Everyone coming short for little first time passes but the execution and touch are bad so we keep giving it away in dangerous positions

Advertisement