Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭celt262

joeguevara wrote: »
    Fcuk he did. They brought a sub on straight after he went down. Presumed it was for him.

Did you watch the game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

celt262 wrote: »
    Did you watch the game :pac:

Had it on in the background. Was doing some work so not really paying attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Had it on in the background. Was doing some work so not really paying attention.

a bit like doherty throughout then ..... :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    a bit like doherty throughout then ..... :D

I was watching the build up and the analysists were saying that he hasn't displayed his club talent at international level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

To be fair, he gets to attack even less with Ireland then he does with Spurs. He's an attacking wing back, not a RB.

Doherty ended up playing centre back for the majority of the game yesterday .
    was solid enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

international break is such a load of w@nk

international break is such a load of w@nk

Completely agree.

Cant wait to see us blitzing everyone again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭celt262

Completely agree.

Cant wait to see us blitzing everyone again.

Indeed it was great there for a while playing nearly every second day was something to look forward to.

• Advertisement

"Gary" Southgate saying that the English physios were in contact with the Spurs physios about Kane.
    muscle fatique....

and then he played Kane for 30mins .......

celt262 wrote: »
    Indeed it was great there for a while playing nearly every second day was something to look forward to.

Yeah and beating them all apart from a ridiculous decision against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

greenspurs wrote: »
    "Gary" Southgate saying that the English physios were in contact with the Spurs physios about Kane.
    muscle fatique....

and then he played Kane for 30mins .......

we will have to get Keano to stamp on him again

stupid decision really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

we will have to get Keano to stamp on him again

stupid decision really

If Harry has any doubts about his fitness he should make the decision to not play. Harry's World class but wanting to always play is bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Fecking internationals..

Eric dier did his ham string and had to drop out of the English squad...

Not being funny but even watching Kane walk out of the tunnel there hes not looking comfortable!

• Advertisement

Hiyverg picked up a injury now..

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Not being funny but even watching Kane walk out of the tunnel there hes not looking comfortable!

And he's after running himself into the ground for the past 2 hours.

davycc wrote: »
    Hiyverg picked up a injury now..

FFS

Is that hjolberg? Just read he was injured before the match but very little update. What is the story?

I think apart from his debut he has been immense for us. Hopefully he is back soon.

One thing that I was thinking about the West Ham match, is who (if he is fit) will be dropped for Bale. The fact dier is out and now hjolberg could push Jose hand.

There is one team I can’t stand it’s wH. I want this to be a destruction and Bale to come back home and break records.

Also, I never want an international break again.

One last thing. Better be careful as I don’t want a yellow. What he fcuck is Stan collymore on about, saying he is glad grealish turned us down in 2018 as it now means that he can go to an elite team? Has he any clue who we are? And the fact we have a World Cup winning captain, one of the best strikers in the world, bale who is a galactico, son who is the hottest goal scorer in the world right now, and the chosen one?......as I said, don’t want a yella.

As to who gets dropped for bale, if our front three was son, Kane and Lucas then that is a very easy decision

I like Lucas but he has had a long time to add consistency and end product to his game and he is every bit a second string player as Sissoko, Dele, Davies, Lamela, Winks, Aurier, Dier (albeit that last one still has a first XI shirt for now)

Fine and good if being out of the team focuses some of these lads, because playing every week didn't seem to motivate many of them to work on their basics.

And it's not even slagging them, most of them have done well (in limited ways) for the club, but presuming ndombele, hojbjerg and gio keep form and fitness could you ever hand on heart see yourself pining for winks, moussa and Dele being automatic starters again?

Some transformation of the first XI all the same

Pierre hojbjerg lasted 87 mins so I assume the bad news story I read on Facebook early was thankfully wrong..

Bloody Kane played every sorry minute though on the bad side..

We need them both flying for the hammer game...

Along with Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale.
    We all dream of a team of Gareth Bales!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

Am I the only one who’s a bit concerned that our game against West Ham might not be as easy as some people are expecting?

They are always up for it when they play against us. They have beaten Wolves and Leicester by a combined 7 goals to nil in their last two league games. They were the first team to beat us at our new stadium. We lost to them on the final day of the 2005/2006 season to miss out on Champions League football and we lost 3-0 at home to them in 2013 in our first game against them after selling Bale.

I’m not trying to jinx things, but the omens are not good. Hopefully, we’ll get off to a flying start and will absolutely eviscerate them, but there’s certainly no reason for complacency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

abff wrote: »
    Am I the only one who’s a bit concerned that our game against West Ham might not be as easy as some people are expecting?

They are always up for it when they play against us. They have beaten Wolves and Leicester by a combined 7 goals to nil in their last two league games. They were the first team to beat us at our new stadium. We lost to them on the final day of the 2005/2006 season to miss out on Champions League football and we lost 3-0 at home to them in 2013 in our first game against them after selling Bale.

I’m not trying to jinx things, but the omens are not good. Hopefully, we’ll get off to a flying start and will absolutely eviscerate them, but there’s certainly no reason for complacency.

Won’t be an easy game by any stretch . There going well. Who’s saying it will be a easy game .3 weeks ago there was more people unhappy then happy with spurs team . Truth is we are not as bad as we looked against Everton and not as good as we looked v a disjointed 10 Man U . We are somewhere in between I would imagine . Now if they could just prove me wrong and win the league !

abff wrote: »

It is the worst game for us to play after an international break. We are their Cup Final. They have admitted it openly. They raise their game exponentially when they play us, and they are on a bit of a streak. The only thing though is that with their high scores against Wolves and Leicester, they will try and attack. We should make them suffer because of it, but I am not going to lie, I hate playing them. But we should win 5-0.

Taking nothing for granted. We haven't been fantastic in too many games and they have a direct game that can put our centre halves under pressure the way Southampton did in that first half

But our attack should terrify them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

joeguevara wrote:
    But we should win 5-0.

Only the 5 goal margin Joe? Not as optimistic as usual then.

Only the 5 goal margin Joe? Not as optimistic as usual then.

Getting pessimistic in my old age.

We just signed Joe Rondon for 11 mil plus add on. Nice to have more options to give dire and toby a rest..

Nice one Levy negotiate poor Swansea down from,,25 mil madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

This year premier league is going to be wide open, home and away does not mean a whole pile. Could be the year of another Leicester going for the title.

Glebee wrote: »
    This year premier league is going to be wide open, home and away does not mean a whole pile. Could be the year of another Leicester going for the title.

So are Everton this year's Leicester? Or will it be us? Maybe not as big a surprise as Leicester, but it’s been 50 years since we last won the league.

• Advertisement

It's very early to be looking at this stuff but Everton, Leicester, wolves and ourselves have all enough about us to run for top four

United, city, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea all arguably feel they made up a top five at the start, and they haven't all gone away either

It's very early to be looking at this stuff but Everton, Leicester, wolves and ourselves have all enough about us to run for top four

United, city, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea all arguably feel they made up a top five at the start, and they haven't all gone away either

I agree. There are 9 teams who could arguably end up in the top 4 at the end of this season. If I had to put a bet on it right now, I’d pick us, Liverpool, City and Chelsea, but I won’t be at all surprised if a couple of those are wrong.

That's essentially where I'm at

The talk of "title challenge or Jose has failed" I'm seeing in some excitable places is a mile off

If Chelsea, city, LFC click as they could we are miles off the first XI quality there. I think there are signs that it's not going to happen for them like that but it's certainly not in our hands

United only have to change solskjaer out for poch and they'd certainly be expected to stroll to top four

We are a much improved squad, but we aren't yet the machine of a first XI we were when we had dembele, walker, rose, eriksen all performing.

Let's see how it goes. Competition for first team might be the most important factor of all.

Wolves don’t look the same team as last year and would be surprised if they broke the top half. Honestly think united are in a bit of disarray and have gambled on an old striker. It is some turnaround from when they prematurely announced the sancho signing.

Liverpool are still the best team but vvd doesn’t seem as secure as last year. But their strike force is immense.

Arsenal are solid and abueymang is class but are lacking in depth. City are city but not as good as before.

I would really be disappointed if our aspirations are top 4. With the team, squad and manager we have we have to be contenders. Without crowds, bale could fire in goals for fun. My only fear is football will stop.

Rodon signing could be the best bit of business for the future. Bale was instrumental in that apparently and we got him for a steal. When I think of the fees stones, maguire et al cost and we sign quality for 10 mil and Doherty and hjolberg for peanuts, it amazes me.

ENIC IN

Yeah, sure, but:

We finished sixth last season.

We've never seen Rodon play.

We have to integrate several new players.

We have a gap in centre half.

And we know nothing about our cover at CF if Kane is injured (which he is: a lot)

Are there reasons to be cheerful? Yep.

But title talk? As in "or I'd be disappointed"? I think that's begging to create drama when top four would be great progress

Rumours that VVD ACL is injured.

That certainly opens their dominance up to challenge

Yeah, sure, but:

And we know nothing about our cover at CF if Kane is injured (which he is: a lot)

But title talk? As in "or I'd be disappointed"? I think that's begging to create drama when top four would be great progress

We finished sixth, but Jose took over when we were 14th and only three wins from 12. Post lockdown we were the 4th best team and definitely had the potential for better.

But we are essentially a different team. Our acquisitions have been considered, essential and everyone improves us. Joe Rodon is one for the future but is also an international. He was tipped to join city and there is an interesting article here which analyses him https://footballwhispers.com/blog/joe-rodon-manchester-city-scout-report/

Of course a top 4 is an amazing achievement but to steal a quote from Carragher ‘nobody wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville’ I.e. nobody with Kane, son, bale, Celso, ndombele, loris, hjolberg, etc dreams of a top 4 finish. Jose certainly doesn’t. Buckle up lads. Don’t think any rival supporter isn’t envious of us. We have a team that can deliver playing the Tottenham way. Fears of Jose parking the bus is a distant memory.

Tottenham's going to do it again,
    They can't stop 'em,
    The boys from Tottenham,
    The boys from White Hart Lane,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Well the year does end in one!

golfball37 wrote: »
    Well the year does end in one!

Hopefully the world doesn’t end in one either.

The only ‘one’ that matters is league position and maybe the ‘special, (more humble) one’.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sure, but:

Not a lot different to Chelsea then and they are being talked as contenders

And how anyone would think arsenal are a dead cert to finish above us is beyond me (that’s not aimed at you btw)

I think we have a great squad, it remains to be seen if Jose can galvanise into a great team

And how anyone would think arsenal are a dead cert to finish above us is beyond me (that’s not aimed at you btw)

I think we have a great squad, it remains to be seen if Jose can galvanise into a great team

Who thinks arsenal will finish above us. Don’t think they are in the same league as us. Saint totteringham day is not in the 2021 calendar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Look, I think we're all a little excited by the last few results and what we have to describe as a pretty sensational transfer window. If things go well, as in if the Bale we have now is anything like the earlier Bale, I think we'll do well. If Rodon works out, it could be even better. I can't really think of a better front 3 than Bale, Son and Kane. If the rest of the team do their part there's no reason why Spurs can't, even with stronger opposition, get top 4, or better.

We just have to remember that the Everton game wasn't long ago. Feet on the ground. Getting back into the Champions League again would be brilliant, anything above that, awesome.

Jesus lads I've seen the tackle on Skipp from Norwich Vs Rotherham today and how the lads leg isn't in bits I don't know.

Walked it off but was taken off ten mins later, seems like just a precaution, so here's hoping

I'd have the same feelings about anyone who thought Chelsea or Arsenal were in a league title race, to be fair!

I think that if nothing else, Jose is our ace in the hole there as he will put a floor on our weaknesses whereas Lampard, to be honest, doesn't look like he can admit mistakes and Arteta has a poor defence to work with. Would say Chelsea have better players than us in many positions though.

It's Liverpool, City clear, then (for me) us, then based on what we've seen I'd say Everton look an excellent outfit with strength everywhere and Leicester are set up very well for what they have.

United are very hard to call. Some great talent, some huge gaps not addressed, a nothing manager.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Look, I think we're all a little excited by the last few results and what we have to describe as a pretty sensational transfer window. If things go well, as in if the Bale we have now is anything like the earlier Bale, I think we'll do well. If Rodon works out, it could be even better. I can't really think of a better front 3 than Bale, Son and Kane. If the rest of the team do their part there's no reason why Spurs can't, even with stronger opposition, get top 4, or better.

We just have to remember that the Everton game wasn't long ago. Feet on the ground. Getting back into the Champions League again would be brilliant, anything above that, awesome.

I don’t think we were as bad as people made out against Everton. We had clear cut chances and Kane missed sitters. Also our big transfers weren’t playing. At worst it should have been a draw. Most disastrous result was Newcastle. Should have won by 4 or 5. How many times did we hit the woodwork.

But, without the Everton result, we may not have the players we have now. From watching footage of bale in training, he is immense. Knocking in goals for fun. Obviously it’s training but when no crowds, it’s huge. I think he will be the best player in the premiership this year. He’s come home to where he knows he is loved. Must have been so tough the backlash ( somewhat his fault) he faced at Real.

See what happens tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I'd have the same feelings about anyone who thought Chelsea or Arsenal were in a league title race, to be fair!

I think that if nothing else, Jose is our ace in the hole there as he will put a floor on our weaknesses whereas Lampard, to be honest, doesn't look like he can admit mistakes and Arteta has a poor defence to work with. Would say Chelsea have better players than us in many positions though.

It's Liverpool, City clear, then (for me) us, then based on what we've seen I'd say Everton look an excellent outfit with strength everywhere and Leicester are set up very well for what they have.

United are very hard to call. Some great talent, some huge gaps not addressed, a nothing manager.

Not sure on the better players snoop,
    Not to many Chelsea players I’d take to our first 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Let’s beat West Ham first before we start getting ahead of ourselves. United were a rabble, Southampton played two defenders on the half way line for the second half, we couldn’t beat Newcastle and were awful against Everton.
    Next five games are winnable for any serious team, let’s see what happens with these first.
    Am supporting the club too long to get excited just yet

Not sure on the better players snoop,
    Not to many Chelsea players I’d take to our first 11

Maybe so, maybe so. They signed some great talent the last few windows but a combined XI would maybe look even enough.

Joe- my recollection of Everton is that we were terrible and lucky to lose by only one, but anyroad today is the most important game, here's hoping

Maybe so, maybe so. They signed some great talent the last few windows but a combined XI would maybe look even enough.

Joe- my recollection of Everton is that we were terrible and lucky to lose by only one, but anyroad today is the most important game, here's hoping

Our transformation since the opening day is incredible. We were lifeless and had no spark. But Pickford denied good shots from delle and Doherty and son decided not to play in Kane who was clean through and unmarked. We were lucky richarlison didn’t score when he blazed the ball over the bar. For as bad as we were, I still think we left a draw behind. But from dark clouds we definitely got a silver lining.

I think if we look over this thread for the last couple of season, every match is described as the most important game, but we need to galvanise the optimism that permeates us. There is no other team that I would love to blitz. Really looking forward to it. Is there any report about the starting 11? Is bale tipped to start?

Local press seem to think so, but you never know with Jose.

Best XI at the moment is a good team, tho:

Lloris

Toby Sanchez

Doherty Reguilon

Hojbjerg

Lo Celso Ndombele

Bale Son

Kane

Subs bench better than we may ever have had and all

• Advertisement
Advertisement