Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Nice one. We don’t deserve that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

Very lucky to go in level. Showed nothing in that first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I'll take it great for Bale confidence.. Antwerp currently winning so we badly need to win the second half. Coys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

doherty has been very poor all season,

maybe he just needs time to settle but fcuk he is bad at the moment

Lol pure jose

• Advertisement

doherty has been very poor all season,

maybe he just needs time to settle but fcuk he is bad at the moment

I think its worth considering that the team is now very much setup to suit aurier maybe not tonight) and as such theres nobody very near him looking for a quick one-two and nobody really ahead of him either, so he has to do a lot himself when his previous game relied on his partnerships with his midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

davycc wrote: »
    I'll take it great for Bale confidence.. Antwerp currently winning so we badly need to win the second half. Coys

Assuming Antwerp win, a draw or a win has the same consequence for us. In each case, we are guaranteed qualification from the group and will need to beat Antwerp (by any score) to top the group.

Ah jaysus!! Bale should’ve finished that!

He should certainly have found son comfortably

• Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ludogorets equalised against Antwerp

• Advertisement

Lovely

I think the hybrid surface is really affecting our players, the bounce is off and definitely the ball along the ground has a skid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Ludogorets equalised against Antwerp

That makes a difference. If things stay as they are, we will only need a draw in the final game to top the group.

The defence playing the ball to harry kanes chest all game is a ****in puzzler given that he isnt playing, and son is clearly going to keep making runs behind not back to goal

Easy to be pick on them when they are down but jesus sanchez and doherty both awful tonight

Ffs! Harte can fcuk off with that. Him and Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Eggestein
    giphy.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Good peno Ali.

Easy to be pick on them when they are down but jesus sanchez and doherty both awful tonight

Awful is being kind
    And Sanchez, sweet Jayus

What an awful goal again

Penalty all day

Sanchez, in the replay for that goal, absolutely embarrassing lack of interest in the threat, in the line, in his job.

Tanganga now miles ahead of him in the cb position surely

• Advertisement

Antwerp two up

For gods sake.

For the love of fcuk

**** me pink

At least it's the second xi lads

All day to shift and hit it just outside the box, shocker

Well

Ndombele, bergwijn and tanganga besides, no man who touched boot to pitch tonight should be surprised to be sitting on a bench (at best) for a while

Davies and Doherty , second choice full backs and to be wheeled out in absolute emergencies only
    Sanchez should be sent to train with rose and sold ASAP
    Bale is in decline and a sub at best

Hart is a failed experiment

Sunday could be fun

Them lads have nothing to do with sunday, tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Was Doherty this bad last season? I thought he was highly rated?

• Advertisement

Them lads have nothing to do with sunday, tbf

I hope not,

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Well that was pretty poor, though it really highlighted a few home truths. Hart is not a reliable back up goalkeeper, he was really poor for two of their goals. I hope he comes good but Bale really is a pale shadow of the player he was. Sanchez don't need to add anything to what has already been said, have never rated him. Actually thought Tanganga did well tonight, our best defender (wouldn't be too hard in fairness). Really disappointed with Doherty, every part of his game was poor, he is a much better player than he showed tonight. Pity Vinicius wasn't available.
    It was a bit of a reality check for what on paper appeared to be a strong side, but the difference that Hugo, Reggie, Toby and Harry would have made to that team would have been huge. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SuprSi wrote: »
    Was Doherty this bad last season? I thought he was highly rated?

Was excellent last year (and the few years prior) - though played much more as a winger than a fullback. Defensive work was very much secondary with Wolves 3 at the back, plus covering midfielders, letting him play as an especially attacking wing-back.

I'm just not sure he has the engine or concentration to do what Jose wants of him - doing all the attacking he used to do, but also getting back into right back to defend immediately upon Spurs losing possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I'd much rather be getting the worse performances and results on Thursday nights. We've qualified though and beat Antwerp and we qualify in first. We all would've taken that and that's not even considering how few minutes the first team have played in the games.

What is perfect for us is that Jose will use this as a big reminder for the group before Sunday.

Another thing. So far in the 7 games following Thursday night games. 5 wins and 2 draws(Newcastle and Chelsea). That was a major worry for me before the season.

Definitely helped that the reserves are playing Europa

Arsenal had a good win tonight so there suddenly brilliant again. Please let us hammer them on Sunday:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

And Sanchez has the gall to be complaining about not playing in the Prem games !?!!! By god, he is terrible , disaster.

And Hart, how the fcuk can a keeper leave 2 shots from distance beat him like that !?!?

A poor night, and worringly neither Alli or Bale seem to be improving .

Anyway, 'onto the next game ' ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

I wonder why Jose hasn’t stuck with tanganga or rodon at cb for all the games to give them game time? This chopping and changing cbs can’t be helping too much.
    Although one change I do want to see is Sanchez out the door.
    Should never play for Spurs again.
    Harte wasn’t great either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

tom1ie wrote: »
    I wonder why Jose hasn’t stuck with tanganga or rodon at cb for all the games to give them game time? This chopping and changing cbs can’t be helping too much.

As far as I know Rodon was ineligible last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

tom1ie wrote: »

Rodon isn't in the Europa League squad - he was signed after the list was submitted. He'd be playing in all the EL games otherwise I'd say.

I'd agreee with MrKingsley - we've made it through the group and PL results have not suffered around EL games. I'll take that. It would be nice if the likes of Doherty, Sanchez, Bale, Alli, Lo Celso and others were putting in great performances in Europe and demanding inclusion at the weekends, but as it is I don't think any of them can have complaints if they don't start at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

José post match comments are echoing what a lot of us are saying which is good. He said Hojbjerg and Sonny showed last night that they are essential and professional. He said he knew from the warm up that many of our lads weren’t up for it at all.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Rodon isn't in the Europa League squad - he was signed after the list was submitted. He'd be playing in all the EL games otherwise I'd say.

I'd agreee with MrKingsley - we've made it through the group and PL results have not suffered around EL games. I'll take that. It would be nice if the likes of Doherty, Sanchez, Bale, Alli, Lo Celso and others were putting in great performances in Europe and demanding inclusion at the weekends, but as it is I don't think any of them can have complaints if they don't start at the weekend.

Yeah Lo Celso is the one I'd really like to see performing because we will need him in certain games.

But as you say none of them can have any complaints with not starting league games.

It would be great to see Bale putting in big performances but if him playing Europe/Cup games just so Kane/Son get a rest then I'm happy for the moment. He will come good later in the season. This is the most foot all he's played over a 2 month stretch for a couple of years now

• Advertisement

Tanganga only back from injury, jose sees him as more of an option at fullback ive heard

Rodon ineligible

Dier/Toby look clear as first choice but I think time has come for Sanchez and if we do shift him out i think it'll be someone to step in to replace/challenge that pair and not cover/youth

Has Gazzaniga completely disappeared?. Hes got to be as good as Hart. Anyway neither are probally no where near good enough to put any pressure on Hugo which is not ideal.

I think the homegrown thing is counting against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Reports online that Gazza will be sold in January. He’s not even in the Europa league squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

I think the homegrown thing is counting against him.

I thought he came through ranks at Colchester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

golfball37 wrote: »
    I thought he came through ranks at Colchester?

Gillingham

To be a home grown player you must play 3 years in a club or another club in the same country from 15 to 21.

Now I haven't done the maths but at age 15 he moved to valencia I think I'm 2007.

In July 2011 ( 19 or thereabouts). he moved to Gillingham before moving two years later to Southampton.

So, is he a home grown player in Spain. Also looks like he played less than 3 (more like 2-2.5) years in England before 21st birthday.

Id appeal on account of him being so beautiful

Lads if the joe hart that played Thursday night starts for us tomorrow arsenal, who have struggled for shots in their past half dozen league games, will be shooting on sight

Worst type of bloody encouragement to give them

When every shot from distance flew in against him last week, i was having sweaty flashbacks to paul robinson

Hugo

Aurier. Toby. Dier. Reggie

Sissoko. Hojberg

Son. GLC. Bergwin

Kane

No NDombele in the squad. Did he pick up an injury?

Delighted to see Toby back for this one.

Think it could be a dire affair to watch to be honest. I hope we take the game to them.

I see us bossing midfield at the very least

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ndombele ill apparently. Hopefully he's ok. GLC is fantastic cover though, and that's a near full strength team.

3-1 Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Great to have Toby back a pity about Ndombele, hopefully he'll be back next week. A good start with plenty of intensity is essential, don't want to encourage them and let them get a foothold in the game. COYS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement