Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Irish flag in the stadium. Is that one of you lot?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

el_gaucho wrote: »
    Irish flag in the stadium. Is that one of you lot?

Gotta be joe :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Come on you spurs. Lazagatye should be booked already for booting Pierre. Granite should be booked to cynical foul on Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

SSSSSSSSSSSON

What a goal!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Another Kane assist ! Not that I even noticed. What a finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Great start

Taking the lead often means nothing in the nld. Let’s dig in now and not give them a sniff

World class from sonny and not Kane best assist but they all help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Kiith wrote: »
    Gotta be joe :P

I wish. Would have saved me from Tipp disaster.

Sorry I meant to predict a 3 nil here. But suppose can't do after time. Put the Kadk match behind and continue our unbeaten PL

Everything about us us class. Kane is unbelievable and Son is my Word No1 at the moment. See a few old gooners saying Son is too good for ud
    Suppose a world class squad, stadium manager, fans and top of the PL is too good for us too.

The whole lot of us are legends ❤️

They’re targeting Hojberg here for some rough stuff. Just shows how he’s our guy now in midfield. I’m worried enough watching this I have to say. If Auybameng was interested we’d be in trouble a few times down Auriers side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

There’s a lot coming down our rhs.
    They seem to be getting in behind aurier a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

joeguevara wrote: »
    I wish. Would have saved me from Tipp disaster.

Sorry I meant to predict a 3 nil here. But suppose can't do after time. Put the Kadk match behind and continue our unbeaten PL

Everything about us us class. Kane is unbelievable and Son is my Word No1 at the moment. See a few old gooners saying Son is too good for ud
    Suppose a world class squad, stadium manager, fans and top of the PL is too good for us too.

The whole lot of us are legends ❤️

Just the 3 Joe? That's low by your expectations man :pac:

Never a foul there.

Son to Kane this time! ****ing brilliant :D

• Advertisement

KANE!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

The deadly duo strike again!

Great stuff. Clinical. Reminds me of Duff, Robben, Drogba in Josés time at Chelsea. They always took right option on break and were clinical.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Great stuff. Clinical. Reminds me of Duff, Robben, Drogba in Josés time at Chelsea. They always took right option on break and were clinical.

It's fantastic to see as well, given how often we've been wasteful in the final 3rd over the last few years.

I’ve been looking at the Arsenal thread. All doom and gloom there. Not a great time to be an Arsenal fan. Let’s hope we can build on this and stay solid. A third goal for us would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

A great half. Couple of silly fouls to give them set pieces but other than that they've done nothing.

Aurier for the second goal looked like a world class right back.

Wouldn't mind Lo Celso coming off. Next foul and it'll be a second yellow.

45 minutes of drab football and a Bale counter attack goal would suit me fine

Is Ndombele injured?

Is Ndombele injured?

Think he’s ill.

They much busier this half. I hope we remember West Ham

Think we should take GLC off. He nearly took out someone by accident there, and he'll walk if there's another foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Glebee

Still worried about this one...

Great noise from the fans. Good to have lifted the siege.

They much busier this half. I hope we remember West Ham

Isn't it the same type of play that we had against Chelsea. Arsenal have been a little better in the second the way we just absorbs tippy tappy football.

Westham was a shocking end result but we are a completely team.

1 more for my 3 nil.

Just the 3 Joe? That's low by your expectations man :pac:

Rarely go above 3 and its tempered with I usually give the opposition a goal. As well you know its come up exact score a good few times.

One thing I would like is more spread of goals as it is current a key man risk.

Don't you love being a Spurs fan.

Isn't it the same type of play that we had against Chelsea. Arsenal have been a little better in the second the way we just absorbs tippy tappy football.

Westham was a shocking end result but we are a completely team.

1 more for my 3 nil.

I hope your right Joe, but u probably said Tipp would win in the football today too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rarely go above 3 and its tempered with I usually give the opposition a goal. As well you know its come up exact score a good few times.

One thing I would like is more spread of goals as it is current a key man risk.

Don't you love being a Spurs fan.

Ah not a Spurs fan altho definitely my "second" team in the league due to close friends and always like to see them do well.

On top of that I do love Son so try to watch them when possible.

Let’s hope this turns out to be another José masterclass. Sit back, absorb the pressure and hit them on the break.

About time Xhaka got a booking. Should have had it in the first 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Glebee

Still worried.

We are cruising arse could not score even if they all week

That's 7 points from City, Chelsea and Arsenal. We're gonna win the ****ing league lads! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Kiith wrote: »
    About time Xhaka got a booking. Should have had it in the first 10 minutes.

I don’t like Granit Xhaka. Thinks he’s hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Sonny's super strike :)

https://streamja.com/LMzmL

Harry Goal Machine Kane :p

https://streamja.com/ZJREO

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Palace had a good win today, we've them next up. Win that and I'll start to get edgy.

Great clinical professional performance today, always great to beat that other lot. Without sweat too which is even sweeter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111814587&postcount=7696
    I’m Genuinely excited for spurs fans, especially my long suffering spurs friend. Wouldn’t be surprised if he matches your 3 trophies in 28 years in 2 seasons.

As his football becomes more effective it gets better to watch for fans. I also expect to see spurs win games you might normally think you will lose. He’s a savage coach in one on one games or second legs where his team are up agaisnt it.

Forget the drama and give him time to turn things round and I think spurs have possibly even got a CL in them. Tener bets you qualify for knockouts and beat at least one top quality side...

Can’t get over it, I’m more excited for spurs then I am united.... Think it’s that I always remember watching the that 5-3 game were spurs were 3 up at HT and my spurs friend was shaking at HT sort of half joking that he’d take a draw. We were supposed to go out that night but he couldn’t , he went straight home absolutely distraught after the game. I just want to see him have a bit of fun for once. And I would like Jose to make a mockery of what I think is a bullsh*t negative agenda agaisnt him. He’s the best tactical coach in the game who has won everywhere he has gone under every condidtion possible.

Posted this a year ago, delighted to see Jose doing so well and looking completely reinvigorated at Spurs. When he’s happy and he’s allowed do his thing he’s possibly the best coach in the game.

United won’t win the league, I will be rooting for spurs.

The Joe Train is now entering its terminus at the station. We would like to commiserate arsenal on a solid performance but couldn't break. Our medical staff on board have recommended treatment for possible vertigo due to a fear of going near the top half of the table.

For our home travellers we hope you enjoyed looking at the usual landmarks of winning, clean sheet, set up not to be broken and we did arrive our latest terminus renamed top of the table

We will see you soon for more of the samde. Joe Train has been brought plenty of Guinness and a shed load of whiskey.

We finally request that all of our fans treat our noisy neighbours to a glorious rendition of Old Ole Ole https://youtu.be/pSPwzEGpJ6s

Choo Choo

I love you Joe great to have you back on top form.. and thanks for the kind words drumpot I love Jose to I used to hate him historically but he has turned us into warriors never a doubt about today epic win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Just a class performance. I have to laugh at the pundits who forever have been joking about spurs just being Spurs in big games.

Beat Arsenal, City and draw with Chelsea without conceding a goal. Add in a hammering of United

But that doesn't count because it's "a bad watch"

This is perfect for Mourinho. Backs to the walls and everyone against us. Couldn't suit him better

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

As predictable as top level football is said to have become if Spurs win the league this year (obv long way to go) they'll be the 4th first time premiership winner in the space of a 10 years which is as many as all the previous years combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Well the second half was a tough watch but we better get used to watching that style of football because that is fundamentally Jose's style. Hard to think we can defend so well, without the ball for such long periods when you remember some of our atrocious 'defending' last year. So hats off to Jose for having the team so organised and tuned in, even Aurier looks a decent defender. Hojberg has been a great signing as has Reggie. Having Toby back to something close to his best is a huge bonus-what he lacks in pace, he more than makes up for in timing/positioning and decision making. Having him available for all the big games will be crucial. Still early days but we've got a fair bit of momentum going at this stage. The Liverpool game in a couple of weeks is going to be interesting. COYS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Just a class performance. I have to laugh at the pundits who forever have been joking about spurs just being Spurs in big games.

Beat Arsenal, City and draw with Chelsea without conceding a goal. Add in a hammering of United

But that doesn't count because it's "a bad watch"

This is perfect for Mourinho. Backs to the walls and everyone against us. Couldn't suit him better

Could not agree more, souness who claims to be a Spurs man talking dung, when pool dug out results in the derby last year against Everton they were great, winners getting down and dirty when needed, yet when we do it , “a hard watch”

When you play teams in bottom half it’s going to be a grind

As I listened too for years in the late 90s in London from
    Arsenal fans
    MIND THE GAP

Whisper it lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Great result, loving our miserly defence. Looking ahead our next 4 fixtures are still very tough, 7 points from the next 4 games would be pretty decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WOW...

Im on a high at work this morning... Spurs facemask on, literally rubbing it in the faces of the 5 here that support the red side.
    They arent happy :)

What a team performance, working like dogs defending, well drilled, and doing what we need to win.

All the 'pundits' are sore, and we dont care !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

a great time to be Spurs :)

not sure I like us having none of the ball but we're top of the league playing this way so it's fine for now.

will be interesting to see how we handle teams that sit deep too, I guess we'll have to attack them ?

a great time to be Spurs :)

not sure I like us having none of the ball but we're top of the league playing this way so it's fine for now.

will be interesting to see how we handle teams that sit deep too, I guess we'll have to attack them ?

yeah id guess this is where we'll see bale on the pitch running in behind as well as son, with Kane providing through balls left right and centre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement