Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

When we did City we were clearly going to have the same game plan in the last two games.

Against palace it will be interesting.

I would hope to see GLC and NDombele starting with Bale/Lucas ahead of Bergwin. He's done an unreal job in helping the FBs the last couple of games but on the ball he's just not been good enough I don't think.

I won't be happy if we play the same style against Palace for a couple of reasons.

1) it will lower our chances (significantly i think) of winning the game

2) it will show a lack of flexibility which we will surely need at some stage in some competition this season

Play deep and counter against good teams or even bad teams who think they are good.

We still unquestionably have to quality of players to take the game to poorer opposition and beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kane getting a bit of stick about his backing in style of play when players are in the air. It is dangerous but I suppose it what Jose means when he wants our players to be c**ts...:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Glebee wrote: »
    Kane getting a bit of stick about his backing in style of play when players are in the air. It is dangerous but I suppose it what Jose means when he wants our players to be c**ts...:D:D

They had a meltdown on ATV over it !! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Magic stuff :P :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Jesus, don’t mention it on the main soccer forum anyway. All the other “title contender fans” pissing and moaning about Kane now. Shows how much of a threat we are regarded as.
    That main soccer forum is nuts anyway. I got yellow carded for pointing out Liverpool were actually in second as opposed to “joint first” lol!!

Never go near the main soccer forums, too much for me.
    Morale must be at an all time high at the club with the way things are going. No way im getting carried away yet with the thoughts of winning the league, a long way to go yet.. Hopefully give it a good rattle though and a cup win would be great. The way were looking at the moment nobody would fancy playing us in a cup tie.. Saying that well probally lose to Marine in FA cup next round...:(

Never go near the main soccer forums, too much for me.
    Morale must be at an all time high at the club with the way things are going. No way im getting carried away yet with the thoughts of winning the league, a long way to go yet.. Hopefully give it a good rattle though and a cup win would be great. The way were looking at the moment nobody would fancy playing us in a cup tie.. Saying that well probally lose to Marine in FA cup next round...:(

Ha! Hopefully not!
    Defo not a good idea to get carried away but if we managed to grab a cup or two plus CL qualification this year that’d be fantastic!

Ndombele/lo celso will have different roles against smaller teams, youd think

I have to admit, i think kane is wrong to back in intentionally into airborne opponents and he deserves the stick for it- its a very dangerous move imo

I'm really agnostic on keeping the ball/style of play:

1: instead of "keeping the ball" as a first preference, its really noticeable how sissoko and aurier in particular are launching the clearances as far as possible now instead of taking touches or being clever. not messing, with those two lads, thats ten goal a season saved and probably really helps lloris/toby calm down a bit!

2: the passing and runs are so much more ambitious and quick now- surely we were all sick to death of sterile, slow and cowardly sideways passing from winks to fullback and back and again. Forget percentages, when we get it now we play amazing, one touch, zipped passes to players that are hungry to do damage.

Will we need to do it differently against teams delighted to get a point? Absolutely, but tbh the players who should have been auditioning for the creative roles havent exactly been knocking on the door, have they (looking at dele here) so i reckon we'll have to trust that jose will have thought of that.

Glorious day all the same. Never once felt they were threatening us, thats some statement from a spurs fan with the team under the cosh.

Ndombele/lo celso will have different roles against smaller teams, youd think

I have to admit, i think kane is wrong to back in intentionally into airborne opponents and he deserves the stick for it- its a very dangerous move imo

I'm really agnostic on keeping the ball/style of play:

1: instead of "keeping the ball" as a first preference, its really noticeable how sissoko and aurier in particular are launching the clearances as far as possible now instead of taking touches or being clever. not messing, with those two lads, thats ten goal a season saved and probably really helps lloris/toby calm down a bit!

2: the passing and runs are so much more ambitious and quick now- surely we were all sick to death of sterile, slow and cowardly sideways passing from winks to fullback and back and again. Forget percentages, when we get it now we play amazing, one touch, zipped passes to players that are hungry to do damage.

Will we need to do it differently against teams delighted to get a point? Absolutely, but tbh the players who should have been auditioning for the creative roles havent exactly been knocking on the door, have they (looking at dele here) so i reckon we'll have to trust that jose will have thought of that.

Glorious day all the same. Never once felt they were threatening us, thats some statement from a spurs fan with the team under the cosh.

To be fair to Aurier his composure is what lead to the second goal. Nip in front of Aubameyang and then finds the pass to take out 4 arsenal mids and defenders

Oh yeah, credit where due thats three big games in a row hes been excellent (thought he/sissoko were motm contenders) but part of that is better judgement/risk management

Oh yeah, credit where due thats three big games in a row hes been excellent (thought he/sissoko were motm contenders) but part of that is better judgement/risk management

Absolutely. With a stripped back game plan and therefore less to think about/decisions to make it makes the game so much easier. Aurier, Dier, Sissoko and Lloris have been the main beneficiaries.

I often claimed Hugo was not good enough to be starting for a team that wants to win the league. He has been excellent the last month. As good as any keeper in the league

• Advertisement

Since the restart hes been excellent

Not his old self- hes actually changed his game quite a lot to reflect his capabilities (as has alderweireld imo) but to great effect- no more rushing off the line (centre halves no longer playing suicidally high) and a lot less footwork, but he is now coming out and claiming a lot more from crosses, very noticeable id have said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

I don’t know if this has been answered elsewhere, but what’s the story with Danny Rose?

He’s not a member of our Premier League or Europa League squad, but he’s not playing for anyone else and I don’t think he’s out of contract. So are we just paying his wages to do absolutely nothing? And, if so, when does his contract expire or can we find someone to take him off our hands? Or does anyone feel he still has a future role to play at the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

abff wrote: »
    I don’t know if this has been answered elsewhere, but what’s the story with Danny Rose?

He’s not a member of our Premier League or Europa League squad, but he’s not playing for anyone else and I don’t think he’s out of contract. So are we just paying his wages to do absolutely nothing? And, if so, when does his contract expire or can we find someone to take him off our hands? Or does anyone feel he still has a future role to play at the club?

He trains with the under 23's, and has played the odd game with them. His contract is up in the summer, and we'll probably try and shift him again in January. As far as I know we tried to agree a payoff to allow him leave as a free agent but nothing could be agreed.

Hes toxic and at every stage he put his mouth to something unhelpful in the press just when the team needed unity and commitment.

I hope poch learned something after constantly backing him.

If anything, when he was at it, he was underrated, but that was only a few years- he took a long time to turn into a player, and a long time since he started his descent into the millstone he us now

He turned into exactly the type of presence poch very publicly expunged from the squad in that period that saw kane's influence rise (didnt kane lead a youth revolt that turned physical against the likes of kaboul? legends exist that say so) and imo jose used him as exactly the same type of example pour les autres- given enough rope, hung himself, humiliated in the amazon doc, sent off to Newcastle to get fat and waddled back still giving it lip.

I wouldnt have him near the u23s tbh but maybe jose thinks they should all see what happens to those who breach the discipline hierarchy. Maybe hes right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Hes toxic and at every stage he put his mouth to something unhelpful in the press just when the team needed unity and commitment.

I hope poch learned something after constantly backing him.

If anything, when he was at it, he was underrated, but that was only a few years- he took a long time to turn into a player, and a long time since he started his descent into the millstone he us now

He turned into exactly the type of presence poch very publicly expunged from the squad in that period that saw kane's influence rise (didnt kane lead a youth revolt that turned physical against the likes of kaboul? legends exist that say so) and imo jose used him as exactly the same type of example pour les autres- given enough rope, hung himself, humiliated in the amazon doc, sent off to Newcastle to get fat and waddled back still giving it lip.

I wouldnt have him near the u23s tbh but maybe jose thinks they should all see what happens to those who breach the discipline hierarchy. Maybe hes right.

Thanks Jose, very detailed reason 😁

8pm kickoff tonight.

Spurs Vs Royal Antwerp.

Must be a 'reserves' line up again?
    Will Hart get another chance (to mess up) ?

Will Alli and Bale be in the 11 ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll be a stronger team tonight, as we need to win to top the group.

Lloris, Doherty, Dier, Rodon, Reggy, Sissoko, Hojberg, Lo Celso, Son, Bale, Vinicius.

Or something like that.

Kiith wrote: »

Lloris, Doherty, Dier, Rodon, Reggy, Sissoko, Hojberg, Lo Celso, Son, Bale, Vinicius.

Or something like that.

I wouldnt think Reggy, Sissoko , Lloris or Hojbjerg will play....

Davies , Winks will be in, and Lo Celso needs game time for sure !!

greenspurs wrote: »
    I wouldnt think Reggy, Sissoko , Lloris or Hojbjerg will play....

Davies , Winks will be in, and Lo Celso needs game time for sure !!

i hope reggie and Holberg get rested, lloris too

hope son on bench with lucas starting

• Advertisement

Or something like that.

Think that but Kane for Vinicius.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd like more of them to be rested, but we need to win this tonight. No messing around, get the game wrapped up early, and then we can rest people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Don’t want to see kane or son tonight . It’s pretty much a meaningless game why risk them . They will have enough football to play over next few weeks .we have been going well but if either of them 2 get injuried we are in trouble .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Or something like that.

Rodon still can't play. Sanchez maybe!!

spurshero wrote: »
    Don’t want to see kane or son tonight . It’s pretty much a meaningless game why risk them . They will have enough football to play over next few weeks .we have been going well but if either of them 2 get injuried we are in trouble .

Do we not need to win this to top the group and get a supposed easier team in the next round?

tom1ie wrote: »
    Do we not need to win this to top the group and get a supposed easier team in the next round?

I would be same rest Kane and Son, we are qualified, do not worry about next round, we have to beat them all anyway to win

we should be good enough without them

Palace will not be easy and the pool game is now a massive game given our league position,

we also have a league cup QF to play

• Advertisement

Yeah. Big games coming thick and fast after tonight.. I'd be surprised if it's anything but second string. Lo Celso maybe the only one starting from the derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Hart, Doherty, Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Reguilon, Winks, Lo Celso, Lucas, Bale, Vinicius.

That could be 3/4 different formations. Be interested to see how they line up.

Definitely want to see a sharp Bale and Vinny.

Again it's so good to see essentially the entire first XI rested

Looks like a 3-4-3 with Doherty and Reguilon as wing backs. I'd like to have seen Dele start, and given a chance to prove himself. But it's not looking great for him right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

prodsc wrote: »
    Hart, Doherty, Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Reguilon, Winks, Lo Celso, Lucas, Bale, Vinicius.

Great selection we should have more than enough to secure top spot...

I'll predict a 3 1 spurs win.. goals by Bale Lucas and vinicius..

Come on you spurs

• Advertisement

Thanks Jose, very detailed reason ðŸ˜

Lol

Edit just noticed we live on virgin media two 8 kickoff channel 105 for sky subscribe like me

Oliver Skipp getting absolute raves at Norwich, lads. Persistent man of the match awards, be great to see him back and learning under Hojbjerg next season as a homegrown defensive mid.

my only concern is reggie playing
    do not underestimate what he brings to our team

like to see bale get lift off with a few goals

davycc wrote: »
    Great selection we should have more than enough to secure top spot...

I'll predict a 3 1 spurs win.. goals by Bale Lucas and vinicius..

Come on you spurs

Wish I had your optimism.
    I think we look weak at CB with Sanchez and weak with winks in midfield.
    Hopefully we get the win tonight.
    COYS!!

my only concern is reggie playing
    do not underestimate what he brings to our team

like to see bale get lift off with a few goals

His part in kanes goal at the weekend went under the radar, he terrorises the left flank and it really has released sonny

tom1ie wrote: »
    Wish I had your optimism.
    I think we look weak at CB with Sanchez and weak with winks in midfield.
    Hopefully we get the win tonight.
    COYS!!

Each knows that every game now is an audition

If they fail, they fail. Better to test that grit in a can-lose and not a must-win

Dele too, when he gets another shot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

That team is easily good enough to beat Antwerp, but the problem is that they’re nearly all lacking in form, game time or confidence, so the chances of a good team performance are slim. Hopefully Vinny and Baler can get ok the scoresheet early.

Tanganga down with a shoulder injury not looking good

Game is loose, but id think we look like getting something from a scrappy moment

Players taking silly options up front, bale has been poor for this since joining

• Advertisement

Jesus plenty of niggle in it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Vinny shoulda scored there. Lucas is running this game

Lucas is having a funny game. Glimpses of his running game (which we don't see under Jose's league tactic) but his touch is off

Lo Celso playing very well imo

This lad Seck at the back is quick, strong and aggressive. Impressed so far.

Did not realise winks was playing

Did not realise winks was playing

He’s just so lightweight or something. Doesn’t inspire any confidence tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just in from work. How's it going?
    Honestly been up to my eyes with work and don't know what the different outcomes mean. We have qualified but is there more up for grabs?

Heard the commentators say that Viniscius is struggling to find his feet at spurs. Honestly I think he's been class and could walk into our team if he was allowed.

Half is just finished and before I see the highlights I'm going to make my prediction. Spurs are going to unleash hell in the second half and be winning 2 nil. Antwerp will pull one back.

But this is it. Bale will run a muck here and this is the game we know that the k1ng is in the lane.

Decent first half 11 chance for us 1 odd for them... The ref is letting Antwerp away with murder. .

Keep running bale and Lucas and gio plenty of goals in this. Excellent movement from our reserves forwards despite not starting enough big game together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What did they say about the Reguilon substitution, I missed the restart.

• Advertisement

What a free kick!

Advertisement