Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yehhhhhhhhjuuuup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

Some technique from Bale...

I was just about to say Bale needs to start showing us something and then he pulls thats out.

Gwan big Vinnie too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Good man Vinnie, great free kick from Bale.

Kane must have a clause to say if fit, he gets minutes!!!

I was all ready for scoffing at the fk attempt from there

Class

Reguilon sub was to rest him and to change formation id say- he had a decent half imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Go on bale! We finally clicking big time

Bale, winks and vinicius off and tbh notwithstanding that last minute, they each could have shown more tonight

Winks, time and again, ignored direct pass to the wings to go sideways and its time to question whether the lad can change his game at all- if not then hes just far too limited and should move on

The ref is still trying to ride us!

Dont know what winks has to be pissed off about being taken off. JJ saying winks is hard done by. Not so sure JJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Winks went straight down the tunnel when subbed, the other two went and sat on the bench. Not clear if he had a knock, or just unhappy at being subbed. He can't really complain though - it's not like he was running the show.

• Advertisement

The amount of boots directed at Lucas. The ref is blind to Antwerp fouls

davycc wrote: »
    The amount of boots directed at Lucas. The ref is blind to Antwerp fouls

Hes taking chances, I think he enjoying himself. Lot more licence tonight than usual

Bergwijn looks really good since coming on.

Happy enough to see big players on, it's only a half hour and i dont want the cup to get this "second string" reputation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

joeguevara wrote: »
    Just in from work. How's it going?
    Honestly been up to my eyes with work and don't know what the different outcomes mean. We have qualified but is there more up for grabs?

Heard the commentators say that Viniscius is struggling to find his feet at spurs. Honestly I think he's been class and could walk into our team if he was allowed.

Half is just finished and before I see the highlights I'm going to make my prediction. Spurs are going to unleash hell in the second half and be winning 2 nil. Antwerp will pull one back.

But this is it. Bale will run a muck here and this is the game we know that the k1ng is in the lane.

Anyway seeing as it is half time I thought I would provide the interval entertainment. Imagine the hilarious messages I received in the last couple of hours after I posted a pic on insta supporting spurs, and Brian Mc fadden doing his best to copy me. Hahahaha

Sometimes I need to start betting on my predictions 😂😂

Gio deserved that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

That’s a beautiful goal. Delighted for lo celso and another assist for Kane.

Go on little gio well deserved break flying all game. Another assist from hurricane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Gio deserved that

Gotta love GLC, proper footballer. Can’t decide who I prefer out of him and Tanguy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dele walked down the tunnel after realising he wouldn't get on. Can't see that going down well.

Kiith wrote: »
    Dele walked down the tunnel after realising he wouldn't get on. Can't see that going down well.

I think the english commentary team tonight seem desperate to turn a two nil win, seventh win in nine unbeaten, into a story about two average or disinterested english players.

Don't like to see/hear of that kind of thing from Winks/Alli.
    ... Hopefully Alli gets a loan move in January, don't need a bad attitude stinking up the place in the business end of the season.

• Advertisement

Harry Kane just misplaced a crossfield ball lads

Mark the calendar

He came back, he went to toilet....

He's back on the bench now. Hopefully had just had to piss :P
    I think the english commentary team tonight seem desperate to turn a two nil win, seventh win in nine unbeaten, into a story about two average or disinterested english players.
    Yeah, may well just be that.

Lo celso is one of my favourite spurs players. Have a soft spot for Argentinian players.

Anyway, another win on the cards and another step forward to a quadruple.

Think deli just went for a dump lads!
    I still wanna see things turn around for him but tbh I dont see where he gets in the team.
    Not ahead of lo celso or ndombele.
    He’s not a DM so hoyberg and sissoko are safe.
    He won’t get in ahead of son Maura bale or bergy.
    Yeah not looking great is it.

Hes a real number 10 but he wont keep the ball or recycle it quickly in between the moments of brilliance, and he really doesn't put in a shift

Cant deny what he gave this team when pochs game relied upon the magic to unlock opponents, but jose wants lethal runners and you cannot argue that the new tactics are working

If any position might suit, then the pivot ndombele is kind of playing, maybe, but there's no way hes starting there with his current form

Top of the league, top of the group. We're gonna win the lot :P

Hes a real number 10 but he wont keep the ball or recycle it quickly in between the moments of brilliance, and he really doesn't put in a shift

Cant deny what he gave this team when pochs game relied upon the magic to unlock opponents, but jose wants lethal runners and you cannot argue that the new tactics are working

If any position might suit, then the pivot ndombele is kind of playing, maybe, but there's no way hes starting there with his current form

Yeah exactly. The only thing I’d say is I would’ve thought lo celso is in competition with ndombele for that position?
    If we were to sell Ali though who’d buy him? What sort of value has he got now?

If any player deserves a role behind kane its lo celso

Puts in a tackle and a shift

Plays it forward neatly and quickly

Can beat a man, deliver a ball

Been great tonight and I think theres a lot more to come

If ndombele starts in centre next weekend I'd have lo celso cutting in on the right ahead of lucas, bale or bergwijn

• Advertisement

Another tidy job done.

Only grumble was the ref. He was shocking.

BT sport immediately into the "style of play" griping

When did counter attack at speed became bad to watch? I find us a very good team to watch these days, theres a plan and intent and we create plenty

I hope Jose manages the Alli situation appropriately.

We have Rose demoted to the u23s, Alli kicking his heels on the reserve team bench. Winks apparently unhappy...

... Wouldnt take much for fringe players like Sanchez, Lamela or even Doherty to start complaining if they weren't getting enough game time, that's unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Absolutely agree about Lo Celso Snoop. He has the same attitude as Lamela but so much more class on the ball. And I love me some Lamela.

For the European season so far- job done. Simple as. Top the group, rest the starts, avoid injuries, freshen up Bale for the busy Christmas period

When did counter attack at speed became bad to watch? I find us a very good team to watch these days, theres a plan and intent and we create plenty

I enjoy the whole sitting back and waiting to absolutely crush the opposition in a lightning counter attack.
    Makes the game quite exciting tbh.

Winks, Alli, Sanchez, Lamela

Every one of them has a place in that first team to fight for, and if not that then the chance to be the guy first called up for cover or injury- we play twice a week ffs!

I cannot understand turning up half interested then sulking when you dont get another crack for a while- if ndombele and aurier can knuckle down, if sissoko can keep his place based purely on effort and following instructions, then frankly there isnt a player in that squad who shouldnt be fancying his chances (bar hart and vinicus, who still get the odd game)

If they cant handle that, then they were never going to last at a club that needed a squad who pushed each other, and blaming mourinho for actually putting that mentality in place is not it.

Poch couldnt handle having a squad of more than 15 ready to play, and tbh if we are honest that hurt us at the end of seasons, it hurt us when injuries happened and it hurt us when dele or whoever decided they could afford to drop their levels.

Not any more lads. And if ye dont like it, the new stadium has about seventy exits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

Damn, killer closing line

Every one of them has a place in that first team to fight for, and if not that then the chance to be the guy first called up for cover or injury- we play twice a week ffs!

I cannot understand turning up half interested then sulking when you dont get another crack for a while- if ndombele and aurier can knuckle down, if sissoko can keep his place based purely on effort and following instructions, then frankly there isnt a player in that squad who shouldnt be fancying his chances (bar hart and vinicus, who still get the odd game)

If they cant handle that, then they were never going to last at a club that needed a squad who pushed each other, and blaming mourinho for actually putting that mentality in place is not it.

Poch couldnt handle having a squad of more than 15 ready to play, and tbh if we are honest that hurt us at the end of seasons, it hurt us when injuries happened and it hurt us when dele or whoever decided they could afford to drop their levels.

Not any more lads. And if ye dont like it, the new stadium has about seventy exits.

I’d agree with ya bar two things:
    Winks and Sanchez.
    They are not good enough for spurs tbh.
    I think rodon and tanganga are better prospects than Sanchez and the same with skipp compared to winks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Winks is over rated and put simply is not good enough
    Ali is a mystery? A lovely player but seems to have lost his mojo, maybe he should have a word with sissiko, aurier or ndombele, or maybe even Jose himself
    For once at Spurs you earn your place,
    Can not see the senior pros standing for an nonsense given what we are currently achieving

Another win, last 32, park it now until next year
    Back to bread and butter of PL and a small matter of a very winnable cup QF exciting times ahead

tom1ie wrote: »
    I’d agree with ya bar two things:
    Winks and Sanchez.
    They are not good enough for spurs tbh.
    I think rodon and tanganga are better prospects than Sanchez and the same with skipp compared to winks.

Ive seen sissoko and aurier turn it around

Ill never think a player "not good enough" again!

And i think each of the two you mention have shown ability over fair periods of time, but admittedly the mourinho tactic calls for boldness and nerve that they frankly each look like lacking

Jesus lads, no word of a lie:

They played the winks substitution four times after the game, analysing body language.

"E's dropped the shoulder, no eye contact" sez Glenn

Ffs, if they have to dig this deep to find the negatives it must be going well indeed

• Advertisement

Lamela more than did his share when he was starting earlier in the season.

I'd have him in with Lucas and Bergwijn. Players who give their all and clearly listen to instructions and genuinely give a **** about the club.

Completely agree with the other 3. Out yous get lads

Id be happy for any of them to get right and do a job for the team

I just think that the options for them if they dont like that route are ....... limited

Bit earlier to be saying Aurier has turned it around, only 5-6 games since his howlers vs Westham. Having said that his appearances since then have been his most consistent yet in a spurs shirt . Needs another half dozen similar performances in a row before I'll begin to trust him though.

Id be happy for any of them to get right and do a job for the team

I just think that the options for them if they dont like that route are ....... limited

They've had over a year and 50 odd matches to show they are willing to do what the manager wants. If they haven't shown him by now then I don't see a switch being flicked all of a sudden

What we know now is that Jose has 18-20 players who will do what they are told.

That's a great place to be

Bit earlier to be saying Aurier has turned it around, only 5-6 games since his howlers vs Westham. Having said that his appearances since then have been his most consistent yet in a spurs shirt . Needs another half dozen similar performances in a row before I'll begin to trust him though.

Hell always throw in a stupid foul. Even in his good performances I think. Similar to Sissoko and Lamela in that regard.

What I also think is that he has been comfortably our best right back this season. Last 3 games how many times was he caught out of position, did he dive in stupidly or play the opposition RW onside?

He really has been solid and that is not a word I would've come close to associating with him 12 months ago

If he puts in another 25 league games like that then I'll be delighted

Top of the league, top of the group. We're gonna win the lot :P

Mods I promise I have not hacked Kiiths account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

They need to make one more episode of "All or Nothing - Tottenham Hotspur".

The full squad in the meeting room, just Jose reading out that post...
    and he reads the last line twice...
    Camera fades to black... Roll credits ..

Thats it, thats all.....

Bravo Snoop.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Lads spurs are 1424/1 to win the league, fa cup, league cup and europa league.

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

greenspurs wrote: »
    They need to make one more episode of "All or Nothing - Tottenham Hotspur".

The full squad in the meeting room, just Jose reading out that post...
    and he reads the last line twice...
    Camera fades to black... Roll credits ..

Thats it, thats all.....

Bravo Snoop.

lol

snoop should give the Mayo and Waterford lads the pre match pep talk

good luck to anyone trying to keep those two counties in lock down if either wins the All Ireland

I see Jose said he sent Winks for a shower

Not sure which is worse, manager telling you that you played ****e or you actually smell of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

tom1ie wrote: »
    Lads spurs are 1424/1 to win the league, fa cup, league cup and europa league.

Just saying.

im tempted but I know if i place the bet spurs will win the league, league cup and europa league but lose to marine in the fa cup. years of following spurs has thought me this would be inevitable

• Advertisement
Advertisement