Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I see PAG are looking to take deli on loan in January:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55272761

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

tom1ie wrote: »
    Lads spurs are 1424/1 to win the league, fa cup, league cup and europa league.

Just saying.

I’m on us at 100/1 to win the league, backed during our second game v Southampton. The cash out on offer is currently 15 times my stake

golfball37 wrote: »
    I’m on us at 100/1 to win the league, backed during our second game v Southampton. The cash out on offer is currently 15 times my stake

seriously thinking about lumping on a CL finish plus trophy.
    (im fairly risk adverse to be fair!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

golfball37 wrote:

So a cash out amount of €7.50?
    You should take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

So a cash out amount of €7.50?
    You should take it.

Not sure where you got that answer from? Surely it's around €15, not €7.50?

abff wrote:
    Not sure where you got that answer from? Surely it's around €15, not €7.50?

I'm jesting that he'd have wagered a whole 50 cent on us to win the league in the first place!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

I see Shane Horgan was outed as a spurs fan on second captains

That draw at Old Trafford is probably a good result for us. 4 points dropped between them and keeps us comfortably ahead of both teams.

Just looking at the league table. Who’d have bet on us having the fewest goals conceded at this stage of the season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

abff wrote: »
    That draw at Old Trafford is probably a good result for us. 4 points dropped between them and keeps us comfortably ahead of both teams.

Only lasted till half time watching that, City look like a completely different team these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Chelsea beaten too
    Big game tomorrow now, 3 points is a must

Chelsea beaten too
    Big game tomorrow now, 3 points is a must

3 points was always a must, but today’s results don’t change that. If anything, they ease the pressure on us a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

abff wrote: »
    Just looking at the league table. Who’d have bet on us having the fewest goals conceded at this stage of the season?

Definitely not me that's for sure! That's been one very surprising stat for me, the goal difference for spurs has been way ahead of our points rivals. I'm still not sure how but it's a nice surprise! 😁😋

Big 3 pointer coming up today, anything but a win would be a disappointment I suppose. It would be great to be sitting top of the pile for Christmas:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Glebee wrote: »
    Big 3 pointer coming up today, anything but a win would be a disappointment I suppose. It would be great to be sitting top of the pile for Christmas:D:D

Zaha is a very good player and needs to be covered. I think we will dominate dom start and expect 3 nil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lloris
    Aurier Alderweireld Dier Reguilon
    Sissoko Hojbjerg Ndombele
    Bergwijn Kane Son

No Bale, Winks or Vinicius in the squad. Dele back on the bench! Maybe Bale has a knock... we have such a deep squad it's always a talking point when a player is not in the 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

You never know which Palace is going to turn up but on their day they can be tricky and dangerous opponents. Still would expect 3 points here and with the results from yesterday would be a big plus going into Wednesday's game with Pool. Good to see an unchanged team, good start will be important. COYS.

Bloody palace keeper will have the game of his life ffs!

Nice timing!

That's a deserved lead. We've been good so far, on the front foot, full backs pushing on and some decent chances. Hopefully we don't sit back too much now.

• Advertisement

As soon as Son passed the ball to Harry, I knew he was going to score. It is written!

Really good performance, the drive to actually try to force things is always there, which was a worry seeing as we had set up to counter the past few games.

Eze also a very good player for them, they'll still bear watching

Special word for Bergwijn, his work rate and sharpness have gone way up since he got back into the team- came on Thursday night and maybe shows the gripers how you win your place?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Nice timing!

I completely jinxed him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

We are all over them deserve a second..

Sonny also assist Kane for his first

Last five mins have shown that they are dangerous

Sissoko booked, might be an issue on that right side

Sissoko booked, might be an issue on that right side

Might make sense to take him off at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Very solid performance. Great to see the FBs pushing up high. Hojbjerg has been excellent again but Sissoko has been quality on the ball. Moving it quickly and forwards

Ndombele off rather than Sissoko

I'll be stressed with every challenge, they're cute enough about going down and shouting...

Love the commitment from LoCelso.

We need to hold onto the ball better, slow the game down. Draw them out and let them leave spaces in behind.

• Advertisement

Jesus this is nerve racking. We are giving away some amount of chances. We can’t do this against pool anyway.

Well weve been begging for that, not dominating set pieces at all and not clearing

That was coming. Deserved by Palace. Time left though.

That’s been coming. Real test of character coming up.

Dele and Davies on, change of system

Keeper now back to having a blinder

Ffs some save.

Sitting back was the wrong call after half time, theyre no great shakes at the back but very dangerous running at you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sitting back was the wrong call after half time, theyre no great shakes at the back but very dangerous running at you
    Palace are a great counter attacking team.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Palace are a great counter attacking team.

They are but there was a balance between passing it around in front of them and striking direct to keep them pinned back.

Theyve played very well tho, its not always about us, granted.

Son hasnt been hugely involved, and we do seem to struggle when that's the case

Ahh ffs the keeper!

Fcuking keeper.

You weren’t that far off the mark at the end of the day. Disappointing, but sometimes a keeper has a game like that against you.

Thats by no means a bad point tbh

Fair result in the end. Yes, their keeper had a worldie but we where v disappointing at times. Kane and Son v quick until the last 10 mins.

• Advertisement

Completely deserved to cough up two points.

I was saying to a mate that it was the same as Newcastle and West Ham. Just completely giving up the initiative.

There's a big difference between sitting back and having a game plan to counter and hoofing the ball away which is what we did.

Just didn't want to try and keep the ball in the second half.

I was hoping that we'd have learnt from those other games but obviously not

Damn it. Not a terrible result obviously, but we were pretty poor in between the two goals.

It was noticeable that nobody was getting on the end of clearances, that's absolutely vital to buy the defence and midfield a breather

It was noticeable that nobody was getting on the end of clearances, that's absolutely vital to buy the defence and midfield a breather

Yeah but so many of the clearances were just hacked clear. Not trying to find kane or son. They went given a chance to get a hold of the ball

Those are the type of games that if you are going to win a league you grind out the 0-1 win. Could be worse i suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement