Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Glebee wrote: »
    Those are the type of games that if you are going to win a league you grind out the 0-1 win. Could be worse i suppose.

Yes unfortunately, I don’t like being critical given where we are but that’s frustrating and typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Fulham winning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

gar wrote: »
    Fulham winning....

Should be two nil lead the ref somehow let fsbinho away with a blatant peno chop it on the Fulham attacker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Inviting Palace to attack us in the second half was a poor decision.

We were far better than them in the first half and should have continued that same way.

In the second half their aerial attackers were far better than our aerial defenders.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Best first half in a while, 2 or 3 nil at half time wouldn't have been unfair. Started the first five minutes of the second half with the same tempo but then just gave away the initiative. A one nil lead is not enough in this league as we found out against Newcastle. The goal was coming and when it did come we would have taken the draw they were so on top. We just couldn't retain possession and Son seemed to be be playing much deeper in the second half. Finished strongly and could have won it but not sure we would have deserved it. Thought Sissoko was outstanding. Big test on Wednesday will be interesting to see the team selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Look, we’re still ahead of Liverpool on goal difference. And I thought we played well after Palace equalised and would have won except for a couple of world class saves from their keeper. The 20 minutes before the equaliser were dire. But overall, it hasn’t been a terrible weekend for us, even though it may come back to haunt us as a missed opportunity.

Thought it was a good point at the final whistle

Looks a very good point now.

We're top because other teams are also dropping points, this is a very strong league.

COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Second half was poor bur Liverpool dropping points made it in some way palatable. After we scored I thought my
    4 nil prediction looked good.

The possession was shocking in the second half 2 was abysmal. But onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

We are not good enough defensively to sit on a one goal lead, you'll get away with it sometimes but not enough times to be winning the league.

While i agree

We do also have, like, an incredible defensive record this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Not sure it’s even relevant any more, but wtf is going on with Arsenal? Is the longest ever streak in the top division in danger of ending this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

abff wrote: »
    Not sure it’s even relevant any more, but wtf is going on with Arsenal? Is the longest ever streak in the top division in danger of ending this season?

I doubt it but it sounds toxic. Arteta is lost - completely out of his depth. This article paints a fairly worrying picture if you support them or a hilarious one if you support Spurs.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.football.london/arsenal-fc/mikel-arteta-arsenal-future-crisis-19451929.amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Be careful Davycc ....

They are onto yaa over there ! :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Be careful Davycc ....

They are onto yaa over there ! :)

Haha saw that alright. Been having a look at the thread here and Arsenal Mania and you know it's over when you're seeing stuff like "Just play the kids" and "they should sack all the players and start from scratch".

It's over for Arteta. It's just when they realise they have to pull the trigger now and who they get in afterwards.

Poor old south London nomads. Lost four home games on spin, first time since 1959. At least one record dating back to that year was rectified yesterday unlike the Waterford hurlers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We got Wolfsburg in the draw. 4th in the Bundesliga atm.

The Liverpool task just got harder now with the news Gerard Houllier has passed away. They’ll be playing on pure emotion, at least there won’t be a full kop but it makes the task even harder now. They love a cause.

Kiith wrote: »

Unbeaten as far as I know too, don’t score too many though

Kiith wrote: »

Its wolfsBERG ---- Austrian team.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    The Liverpool task just got harder now with the news Gerard Houllier has passed away. They’ll be playing on pure emotion, at least there won’t be a full kop but it makes the task even harder now. They love a cause.

True.

I'm not saying we'll win or anything because they are frighteningly good going forward but if Klopp doesn't adjust his tactics, Kane and Son could have a field day. A suicidally high line with makeshift defenders could be a car crash for them.

Not sure Klopp has too many variations of his game plan so hopefully we'll be seeing Fabinho and Henderson or whoever constantly running backwards trying to catch Kane and Sonny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

A lot of arsenal fans support the idea of Poch coming in to take over from Arteta.

Surely not. It will never happen, will it?

A lot of arsenal fans support the idea of Poch coming in to take over from Arteta.

I dont care really.

Its not as if he can keep them up .... :D:p

That’s the difference between us and them. Nobody I knew wanted or was happy with George Graham coming this way.

Its wolfsBERG ---- Austrian team.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/

Hah, didn't realise that. Slightly easier tie so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

• Advertisement

Dortmund job a better fit for poch

The big clubs seem to be wary of him, or id have said arsenal were frankly an unattractive proposition

Two madrid clubs or PSG natural fits also

I think we have to commit to pinning lfc full backs all game with our wingers. Cut them off, keep our own back five switched on and its a straight battle between the midfields and kane vs their centre halves, which imo we win as long as the ref doesnt let fabinho away with murder.

Its the kind of game that could depend on an early yellow card or a set piece at any stage i think

its BIG SAM they will need soon

I see Wolfsburg sit mid table(7th) in the Austrian league. LASK are currently 2nd.:eek:

I see Wolfsburg Wolfsberg sit mid table(7th) in the Austrian league. LASK are currently 2nd.:eek:

Should be an easy tie.
    Currently 7th in the Austrian league.
    Top score - Dejan Jovelijic with 7goals
    Assists - Michael Liendl - 7 assists + 3 goals..

Next round.

Chelsea beat again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It would appear no one wants to win the league this year.

It would be easy to get carried away but as a team we are only 2 points better off than Southampton at the moment , 1 point better then Leicester and 5 points better off than westham. Even 'crisis' club man utd are within touching distance.

Having supporters back in the grounds recently is an interesting one. All the home teams picked up good results at the weekend, Everton, Palace, Fulham, arsenal (opps) and with London going back into level 3 again it could give any team that manages to keep fans in attendance a real advantage this season.

Tanganga and Lamela out for tonights game.
    Bale a doubt due to the illness that kept him out of the Palace game.

A Top of the table clash at Xmas ! Isnt that a lovely present for us Spurs supporters!

COYS.

Very tough game tonight. Even with their injuries at the back, Liverpool are a serious threat going forward and we'll be hard pressed to keep it scoreless. Will definitely need a goal, and i expect it'll be similar to the City game where we soak up their pressure and look to counter their slower defenders. I don't think they'll push as high as City did, as it just invites Kane --> Son to get in behind.

Hopeful for at least a point, though i can see a loss on the cards. It's in Anfield afterall, with some fans.

Nah, feck it, 3-1 win Spurs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Cant believe how excited I am about tonight's game, its like a big cup final day

I haven’t done a tap today I’m so nervous. I never learn with Spurs it’s the hope that kills you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

seamie78 wrote: »
    Cant believe how excited I am about tonight's game, its like a big cup final day

I'll second this.
    Getting the brews in for this one.

Its a good marker, but at the start of the season id have bitten yr hand off for a comfortable top four

We don't even have that anything like sorted yet, looking at that table

So away at liverpool isnt the make or break game for me, tho its a chance to see how the mentality and performance of this squad is developing under Jose one year in

Very winnable, very losable, just another spurs match so!

golfball37 wrote: »
    I haven’t done a tap today I’m so nervous. I never learn with Spurs it’s the hope that kills you
    tom1ie wrote: »
    I'll second this.
    Getting the brews in for this one.

Lads, lads, lads ..........

Come on now...... you know all about expectations, hopes etc......

:D coys

Big Sam off the market now so he won’t be able to save our squatting neighbors from relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Dunno if I'll be able to watch tonight but something that will definitely help us against Liverpool is Sissoko and Hojbjerg covering the fullbacks.

That killed us time and time again under Poch against them.

I fancy us to have the better in midfield and there is definitely a goal for us regardless of who plays at CB for them. This is no where near the same Liverpool team as the last 2 years and that's not just cos of Van Dijk being out.

Having said that I'd be amazed if we kept a clean sheet.

Offer me a draw now and I say no thanks.

These are the matches Jose was made for and think we have a real chance to make a serious statement. If the players with this one then their confidence will sky rocket. No more Europe for a couple of months and a ridiculous run of fixtures out of the way. They'll properly start to believe

I'd say Jose would happily take a 0-0 though

• Advertisement

Whats the bets we go 1 down inside 5 minutes:D

Whats the bets we go 1 down inside 5 minutes:D

yeah was thinking this alright.
    Pool will throw the kitchen sink at us for the first 15 mins for sure.
    If they play the high line we should get plenty of counter attacking chances though.

Lads, lads, lads ..........

Come on now...... you know all about expectations, hopes etc......

:D coys

i didnt say it was to celebrate!........ it could be to drown the sorrows! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Its a good marker, but at the start of the season id have bitten yr hand off for a comfortable top four

We don't even have that anything like sorted yet, looking at that table

So away at liverpool isnt the make or break game for me, tho its a chance to see how the mentality and performance of this squad is developing under Jose one year in

Very winnable, very losable, just another spurs match so!

Definitely agree, it won't be the end of the world if we lose this game and Liverpool are the favourites BUT if we do lose, no matter how much reasoning with myself I do I'll still feel very deflated.

And of course if we win I'll be ecstatic! :D

****ting myself. Not getting much done in work today. I can see any result from them hammering us because they get a fast start and they are great going forward to us exploiting their high line and winning by a couple of goals and everything in between. I wouldn't dare bet a cent on it.

However, for my short term mental health, even though it'll probably kill me in the long term, I'm going all Joe on it. 4-0 to us with Son and Kane bagging a couple of goals each.

No point being on a flat roller coaster. If you hope as much as possible, the fall becomes even steeper.

id be very disappointed to leave without any sort of a result, be that a win or a draw and that shows how far we have come

we are due some luck in the matches against pool, last few years have been harsh

i dont think i will be able to watch, will have to take young lads phone off him as it gives a notification on scores in spurs games,

think i am going to go to the slatted shed for a couple of hours and talk to the cows, i might even bring my pub only packet of cigs with me

Mark my words we will anihilate liverpool tonight. This will be the game that will make everyone sit up and take notice. Im expecting at least a 4 goal spread.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Mark my words we will anihilate liverpool tonight. This will be the game that will make everyone sit up and take notice. Im expecting at least a 4 goal spread.

Can we call you JOSEguevara ? :D

Can we call you JOSEguevara ? :D

Love it.

• Advertisement

The game is being shown on Premier Sports this evening.

Advertisement