Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Very unlucky there, of the post, and then Kane misses an absolute sitter

Keep pushing stevie

Much more incisive this half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Kane has to be scoring there ffs

Hojbjerg yellow was silly, and so obviously that he'll get no benefit of doubt for next one

Thats going to be a pain the rest of the game

We havent done anything to scare this williams lad on his debut, feels like a missed opportunity

Kane owes us nothing but on another night hed have set up another one or two good chances and scored one, instead hes landing us in trouble unable it hold it up

Don't want to jinx it but Aurier had been very good this half

SuprSi wrote: »
    Don't want to jinx it but Aurier had been very good this half

Credit again where due, he has recovered well (still spun by mane there for the crossbar tho)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Lads we are winning this for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Look at the head on this fella coming on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Brian Kerr is doing my head in tonight!!!

Take a draw tbh

Free ****ing header ffs

The **** is the marking

Set pieces again

• Advertisement

Bollix

Focusin on jose would be a mistake after this

Another set play from the right just not bloody defended.

We need a new centre half to command the area

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Very harsh to concede so late on in the game :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

tom1ie wrote: »
    Lads we are winning this for sure.

Say what now???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Liverpool players reaction at full time shows how concerned they were about this game.

We live to fight another day.

• Advertisement

Well tactics or no, you miss easy chances and you dont mark set plays you get whats coming to you

Casey78 wrote: »
    Say what now???

Yeah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Casey78 wrote: »
    Say what now???

Grow up and move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

They had 3 nobodies in their starting line up and still won. At end of day Kane missed a chance far easier from a corner than the winning goal. I thought Son and Moura were absolutely awful in that second half, that was a chance to make a statement and win. Spurs alive and well. I am sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

Disappointing result, thats a big kick in the bo....ix.

If Dier wanted to stay up and defend his aerial zone we'd be top of the league

If we had a player in his position- and i know he has improved- who didnt go missing at set plays we dont lose tonight and we beat west ham

Sell Sanchez and buy that guy from Inter

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

golfball37 wrote: »
    They had 3 nobodies in their starting line up and still won. At end of day Kane missed a chance far easier from a corner than the winning goal. I thought Son and Moura were absolutely awful in that second half, that was a chance to make a statement and win. Spurs alive and well. I am sick

Who are the 3 nobodies? I’ll give you Williams. Presume you are gonna say Jones also, but he ain’t no nobody. Who is the 3rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Look snoop is right

We missed three sitters
    Dier is totally out of position for the winner

Next game please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Sh1t happens. Next game, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Do you guys agree with Jose or is he just deflecting from his players again.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Only saw the highlights, disappointing result, the game was there for the winning with all the issues/injuries that Liverpool have at the moment. Needed to have a braver approach, make no mistake we are in with a serious shout this year. Not starting our most creative player Ndombele and one of our most offensive players, Reggie, said a lot about Jose's mindset heading into the game. Still onwards and upwards another big game on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭celt262

SuprSi wrote: »
    Sell Sanchez and buy that guy from Inter

Send Bale back and free up 300k for wages. No point in paying that for a player not even in PL matchday squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,472 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

celt262 wrote: »
    Send Bale back and free up 300k for wages. No point in paying that for a player not even in PL matchday squad.

Is Bale injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is Bale injured?

They said he was sick. It’s been a very low-key return so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭celt262

el_gaucho wrote: »
    They said he was sick. It’s been a very low-key return so far.

Hopefully he will get a run of games over the holiday season at the moment it is looking like we have been sold a pup.

Does he even fit into the team the way Jose likes to setup?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't see the game, but from the highlights i think we were a bit unlucky to not get anything. Their first goal was a complete fluke, and we missed two absolute sitters at the end. Obviously we defended a lot, but that's our style against teams like Liverpool, especially away from home.

Either way, 7 points from City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool is still a very good haul. Need to get back to winning ways against Leicester at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Kane and Son were poor (again) - yes he scored, but he offers very little protection for the full back, as he always ends up drifting into the middle.

Their 2 young lads dominated Kane, and he really should have scored the header..

Look, respect to them, they were missing big game players, and the lads brought in to replace them grabbed their chance and dug out a win.
    Its a shame the like of Bergijwn , Moura, Alli et al cant/want/unable to do the same.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

We’ve been relying this season on very accurate finishing. It just let us down last night. Not many teams go to Anfield and have the best of the chances. That was a good performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Shocking. We could have won by 4. We didn't. They won. Next match.

A lot made of liverpool injuries I think, they were missing two first team players from last year (matip and van diyk), thats it

we played well and stuck to our game plan and if kane and bergwin had taken their chances we would have won easily

what dier was thinking i will never know, ur the CH, you defend the 6 yard box FFS not go out to dance with henderson

we need a reaction now against leicester and need 6 points from next two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

A lot made of liverpool injuries I think, they were missing two first team players from last year (matip and van diyk), thats it

we played well and stuck to our game plan and if kane and bergwin had taken their chances we would have won easily

what dier was thinking i will never know, ur the CH, you defend the 6 yard box FFS not go out to dance with henderson

Leicester seem to be all over the place this season, a good performance followed by a bad performance. Hopefully players can forget about Liverpool and make sure of the 3 points against Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Well, without harping on about injuries you're being a bit flippant there I think.

They were missing Van Dijk, Gomez, and Matip, because of that Fabinho has to play CB, he's a monster in midfield, so we lost out on that. That means we had Williams making his PL debut alsongside him and Curtis Jones stepping into midfield. After that our Marquee summer signing Thiago has barely played all season and and Jota who came in and outshone our heralded front 3 is now out for two months, meaning no rotation for the others.

Throw in injuries to good squad filler like Milner, Keita, Shaqiri too and I'd like to think you may have downplayed the injuries more so than other people making more out of it as you were saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

That's a very disappointing loss. We weren't clinical enough with our chances, Liverpool's first goal was a freakish double deflection and their second goal just shouldn't have happened from a Spurs point of view. To defend a 90th minute set piece in a 1-1 game like that is shocking, no excuse for it. It's just not good enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Keep an eye for people like Bergwijn being thrown under the bus. This is textbook Jose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

mayordenis wrote: »
    Keep an eye for people like Bergwijn being thrown under the bus. This is textbook Jose.

Thanks for the tremendous insight ......

:confused: :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Id be looking for more evenness from our fans tbh

Jose is gonna Jose. Under that, are we seeing progress?

I think undeniably.

Should we have been giving it the big one about league titles? Nope.

Has he tried to manage that in his statements? Yep.

In criticising his tactics, his selections, could anyone hand on heart name the manager who would have us in a better position?

Is effective counter-attack "ugly" or "bad" football? I watched the last two years of Pochs possession system become a parody of winks-trippier-winks-davies-winks passes and conceding on the break from a deep cross.

This is no worse than that just because Jose has told Aurier, Sissoko and the rest of our defence "clear it first, ask questions later".

We need to find a balance in midfield, but the players are there. Seems to me no matter what he does Jose is at fault here.

Play Ndombele, LO CELSO DROPPED

Play Bergwijn BALE DROPPED (the man is off sick, well reported ffs, we will reap the benefits of managing him to fitness later on imo) DELE DROPPED (dele alli has not given this team ninety minutes in two years and Mourinho is 100% right to seek dedication and commitment before he gets near this team again imo)

It's not that Jose is infallible or you have to support every decision he makes.

It's that last night we went to Anfield, the home of the champions, played poorly, could have (should have, imo) won, to stay top of the ****in league. Instead we lost to the one defensive weakness that Jose has not managed to address yet in the year he has had in the job- despite working wonders with what he inherited on that front imo. And we know he wants a left sided commanding centre half!

An inquest of the despairing/angry tones I'm seeing all over the web is nuts, to me.

imo we are seeing the next step from what Poch achieved. Expectations, solidity, elimination of errors and consequences for players for not executing.

Its good times imo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd take what we have now over 70% possession and no goals. As above, we had that for years with Poch, and constantly complained about how poor we were in the final 3rd. People do go on about possession to much, and if it's not backed up with goals, it's worthless. We are the 2nd best team in the league, behind a very good Liverpool team. And there are 70+ points left, so lets not rule anything out yet.

Well, without harping on about injuries you're being a bit flippant there I think.

They were missing Van Dijk, Gomez, and Matip, because of that Fabinho has to play CB, he's a monster in midfield, so we lost out on that. That means we had Williams making his PL debut alsongside him and Curtis Jones stepping into midfield. After that our Marquee summer signing Thiago has barely played all season and and Jota who came in and outshone our heralded front 3 is now out for two months, meaning no rotation for the others.

Throw in injuries to good squad filler like Milner, Keita, Shaqiri too and I'd like to think you may have downplayed the injuries more so than other people making more out of it as you were saying.

My point was you were missing two first team players from last year
    I believe that is still correct

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

greenspurs wrote: »
    Thanks for the tremendous insight ......

:confused: :rolleyes:

Fair enough, it's genuinely the thing that grates on me about him. It's why few young players prosper under him, because it's great to be somewhat cut throat but eventually the list of traitors grows too large. The exceptions being Porto and the short stint at Inter. I think Bergwijn is a talented player, but he's exactly in the mould of the type that Jose will offer up.

Diego Torres' book was fairly insightful on the lenght he'll go to look after himself, but in fairness a grain of salt should be taken with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement