Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Sissoko pulls out of a header again there

Big pattern now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Winks can get outta that.
    Very poor.
    How was he left on?

What we needed was for Wolves to equalise earlier in the game so our lot would start trying again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

That’s 4 games without a win. Reality check.

Horrible lack of quality and the individual players ducked all night

Tactics dont make you do that imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's some awful ****e. Sitting deep since the first minute...what the **** is the point?

Waste of time watching us play if this is all we can muster. Highlights is all you'll need to see, and not even the extended highlights.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Winks can get outta that.
    Very poor.
    How was he left on?

One good pass all game, everything else was a disaster

Davies was excellent apart from one silly pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Kiith wrote: »
    That's some awful ****e. Sitting deep since the first minute...what the **** is the point?

Waste of time watching us play if this is all we can muster. Highlights is all you'll need to see, and not even the extended highlights.

Agree and if we win the League Cup and this rubbish continues it can’t be allowed gloss over it. No excuses for not trying to score a second tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Taking off ndombele and Reggie and leaving winks on, only ever going to be one result after that

I’m afraid we have probably found our level

Doing it against Palace was bad enough but two weeks or so later they do it again.

• Advertisement

One good pass all game, everything else was a disaster

Davies was excellent apart from one silly pass

Winks is pure drivel , even a half hearted Ali is better

Is that 5 games now we have conceded in the last 10 mins and it’s then cost us points?
    Remember when we used to mix it up with the occasional high press.
    Ffs this is hard watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Is that 5 games now we have conceded in the last 10 mins and it’s then cost us points? .

Yes, Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Liverpool and now Wolves. 9 points down the drain.

“It’s the hope that kills you.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

abff wrote: »
    Yes, Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Liverpool and now Wolves. 9 points down the drain.

Exactly.

I've no problem with sitting back when in front but there has to be some sort of endeavour when we win the ball back to score the next and kill the game

abff wrote: »

Shocking.
    Why take off ndombele though. I don’t get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is that 5 games now we have conceded in the last 10 mins and it’s then cost us points?
    Remember when we used to mix it up with the occasional high press.
    Ffs this is hard watching.

Yeah......a stat that must kill Jose.

Winks continued ineptitude in second half has me well cut!!...a slight positive from the night.

Yeah......a stat that must kill Jose.

Winks continued ineptitude in second half has me well cut!!...a slight positive from the night.

Yeah The craft beer hamper has been wrecked tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I didn't see the game but just watched the highlights. The somewhat lucky Spurs goal and then Wolves, Wolves and more Wolves. Not a single Spurs highlight. That's bad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Utter Scutter......

We had more shots up to when we scored in the first minute than we did in the remaining 89 +inj time .....

1 shot by Son leading to the corner, then scoring from the corner , after that ..... NOTHING.

People were a bit silly when we hit top of the League....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

greenspurs wrote: »
    Utter Scutter......

We had more shots up to when we scored in the first minute than we did in the remaining 89 +inj time .....

1 shot by Son leading to the corner, then scoring from the corner , after that ..... NOTHING.

People were a bit silly when we hit top of the League....

I think people were just hoping that we had somehow changed. I know I definitely thought that Jose had something special going when we hit the top. last night proved that all wrong. Hard to know what team will show up against Fulham, we will either batter them or else struggle to break them down.:(
    Weve got our old Spurs back.

• Advertisement

i think we got carried away

in hindsight its a very open (poor ) league this year and everyone looks better than they are

a cup and top 4 is all we are capable off and that is a push

we are very poor in centre mid and he keeps taking our best mid fielder off

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

That performance against a poor Wolves team was ****e,pure and simple. We have two forwards who would walk into most first teams in the world. We have a keeper who is one of the best in the world, one of the most promising offensive midfielders in Europe (Ndombele), a rejuvenated Alderwereld, one of the best CB's in the Premiership, and made some good signings in the summer (holjberg, reggie and doherty). The defence is better than it was. But somehow we still end up playing Winks and Sanchez (what has happened to Rodon?), no team with serious aspirations would have them anywhere near a first team. So we end up with Kane spending more time in our half than in the oppositions half, total waste of his main talent.
    For me the main strength in the team is in attack but apart from the United game and the first 20/30 minutes against Palace we have not started any league game in an attacking/ambitious manner. No intensity, speed in our play. And Jose seems to be watching different matches than the rest of us, saying we were in control against Wolves and Leicester is total bull****. Why take Ndombele off last night, the only player who offered us something in their half?
    I hope either Jose sees the light or heads off into the sunset, if the fans were back they would let him know what they think about his team and the way he has them playing.

Shocking.
    Why take off ndombele though. I don’t get that.

i dont think he has the legs to last 90mins ??

Or has he ? I dont know.
    He is some man in full flow though! A pleasure to watch .

So according to Jose -
    Tanguy and Gio cannot last 90mins
    Alli is sh1t in training/uninterested/wont work hard

I was really against Jose joining us, but the result at Utd kinda made my rethink it, but the last 4 games have really given me a reality check.
    Our brand of football is , not very good.

:rolleyes:

WTF can we do ?!!
    Whats the options ?
    Stick with him, and have the continual "anti football" horsesh1t thrown at us by the gob****es on tv and other supporters?
    Sack him - and have to pay him £?????million ??
    And whos next then .....
    Jeez.

More draws today
    If anyone could string a few wins together at all they would be flying

Jose has confirmed Bale is unavailable for "a few weeks" ................

Really ......

The Bale experiment has been a complete waste of time unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only 6 points between us and Arsenal now. What a terrible couple of weeks.

Glebee wrote: »
    The Bale experiment has been a complete waste of time unfortunately.

His career is over. He'll not get a 2nd year with Spurs, will see out his Madrid contract and nobody will have any interest in him. It's sad really, such a talent, wasted.

SuprSi wrote: »
    His career is over. He'll not get a 2nd year with Spurs, will see out his Madrid contract and nobody will have any interest in him. It's sad really, such a talent, wasted.

Wasted? He's had an unreal career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Tomorrow's game in doubt after new cases of C19 at Fulham.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Wasted? He's had an unreal career

Has he though? He had a great time with Spurs and will be remembered for some truly outstanding performances in his first stint. He was loved by the club but didn't win anything.

He certainly won things with Real but have they seen a return for paying a then record fee and £600k per week? I'm sure if you asked most Madrid fans they'd say he was/is a waste of a lot of money. Sure they've been trying to get rid of him for years but he wouldn't entertain a pay cut and nobody would pay what he wants. He's been happy living the life in Madrid, playing golf and earning more money than he'll ever need. All that at the expense of his football.

He had the talent to be remembered as one of the greatest but the last few years have really killed it for him. Everyone here was delighted to see him back, hoping we'd see the old Bale, but it seems he was lost many years ago and we'll never see that Bale again. That, to me, is an awful waste.

Lucas Moura and Vinicius out isolating .
    Seemingly there was a get together of Brazilian footballers in London over Xmas.

Willian, Luiz and Pepe also isolating for arsenal.

Also - Gedson Fernandes (remember him!) loan is being terminated early.....

Has he though? He had a great time with Spurs and will be remembered for some truly outstanding performances in his first stint. He was loved by the club but didn't win anything.

He certainly won things with Real but have they seen a return for paying a then record fee and £600k per week? I'm sure if you asked most Madrid fans they'd say he was/is a waste of a lot of money. Sure they've been trying to get rid of him for years but he wouldn't entertain a pay cut and nobody would pay what he wants. He's been happy living the life in Madrid, playing golf and earning more money than he'll ever need. All that at the expense of his football.

He had the talent to be remembered as one of the greatest but the last few years have really killed it for him. Everyone here was delighted to see him back, hoping we'd see the old Bale, but it seems he was lost many years ago and we'll never see that Bale again. That, to me, is an awful waste.

The 2018 Champions league final was 1-1 when he came on, he scored two including a worldy. The 2014 CL final he got the crucial goal to put them 2-1 up. In a Spanish cup final v Barcelona he ran length of pitch beating 3 players to score the winner.
    500m isn’t a waste of money for club like Real with those 3 incidents alone, let alone the 80m they spent. He could have done more with his talent but he was nowhere near a waste of money. Sad to see what he’s become now

I will never hold the Madrid situation against him. He was offered a contract (based off his previous performances for the club) and then the club réaliser they'd made a mistake and sold him down the river to the press. Was he worth that amount? Absolutely not. But they both signed the contract and he kept his end of the agreement.

Fair point that he could have achieved more. But I would bet that if you ask any player starting out(regardless of the hype around them) if they would be happy with winning half the trophies that he's won they'd snap your hand off.

And it's not just the trophies. He was one of the best in the PL and world for 2-3 years with spurs despite not winning anything. He helped bring Wales to a Euros semis. He scored in 2 Champions league finals. He scored an insane winner in the Cops del Rey final against Barca.

Could he have achieved more? Yes. Any player could. The very best will still talk about the finals that got away. But to say that he wasted his talent is incredibly harsh in my opinion

golfball37 wrote: »
    The 2018 Champions league final was 1-1 when he came on, he scored two including a worldy. The 2014 CL final he got the crucial goal to put them 2-1 up. In a Spanish cup final v Barcelona he ran length of pitch beating 3 players to score the winner.
    500m isn’t a waste of money for club like Real with those 3 incidents alone, let alone the 80m they spent. He could have done more with his talent but he was nowhere near a waste of money. Sad to see what he’s become now

If I could take out that last sentence it would be spot on for me.

He's not dead lads. He's played his part this season already. Given Jose the chance to rest Kane/Son for Europa League games. Scored the first in a QF and the winner against Brighton.

I'd love him to become a starter again but can't see that happening. He can definitely be an important player for us though

• Advertisement

MrKingsley wrote: »
    If I could take out that last sentence it would be spot on for me.

He's not dead lads. He's played his part this season already. Given Jose the chance to rest Kane/Son for Europa League games. Scored the first in a QF and the winner against Brighton.

I'd love him to become a starter again but can't see that happening. He can definitely be an important player for us though

If he was on 50-80k a week I’d agree with you but we are paying him 300k. For a club like Spurs paying that money we should be getting a lot more.

I think I'm just disappointed, as I'm sure everyone here is. Can you imagine if the old Bale came back? Or even if we saw glimpses of it? Whatever happened in the last few years in Real it's robbed him of fitness, ability, maybe even desire but possibly worst of all is confidence.

He's still a Spurs player and I hope he can turn it around but for this season he's so far away from deserving of his salary at the moment.

In other news, I just read that Spurs have conceded 15 goals this season, but only 3 from open play. That's an awful statistic.

Match off

By the looks of things I’d say the season is heading for a break, cases growing in clubs

Those lads who went out for a party should be severely punished, regardless of who they are

• Advertisement

Those lads who went out for a party should be severely punished, regardless of who they are

Havent they suffered enough .... they do play for arsenal.

:pac::D:P

Christ, thats tge softest peno ive seen in a long time given to utd...

Christ, thats tge softest peno ive seen in a long time given to utd...

Its a joke since VAR came in how little they have to do to get the calls, and how much an opponent has to do.

The refs will find a way, in the face of VAR or anything else. Cowards.

Picture doing the rounds now of lamela, Reggie and le celso at a Christmas party

FFS but you have to wonder sometimes

Gedson on the bench for todays game. Is this some kind of a fcuking joke:confused::confused::confused:

Picture doing the rounds now of lamela, Reggie and le celso at a Christmas party

LoCelso and lamela not in squad anyway

Defeat incoming today

Gedson on the bench for todays game. Is this some kind of a fcuking joke:confused::confused::confused:

Winks playing is actually worse
    Jesus

Could be a real hammering here today. Never thought I'd be saying that 3 weeks ago.

Edit, the body language of the players in the tunnel isn't exactly encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Winks starts say no more

• Advertisement
Advertisement