Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Would like to see white on frees, by all accounts an expert

Or yknow, not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Nice finish for his hattrick

The big lad is calm in the box

Games like this are interesting because the gulf shows up differently

Dele, lucas and a few look ok, but not much different than usual

Davies, Sissoko who rely on (or are hampered a bit by, in Davies's case) physical attributes look immense.

Sissoko in particular its like man against boy out there

Are there players youd want off at half time in the circumstances?

Who is on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Seen a clip of son and winks and bale laughing on bench

I think vini could be good for us given a run

Dele t be fair had played very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

Decent bench, son, reggie, Tanananga, ndombele,bale.

Would love to see tanganga on for Toby at HT so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Alfie Devine coming on

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Alfie Devine coming on

Oh great

He looks too good for u21 level even at his age

Tanganga on as well

Brilliant

Lots of praise for alli but tbh all im seeing is a talented player playing at half pace, indulging himself.

The fact that he gets away with it against marine fc is irrelevant to his future at the club imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Watch his little face

Youngest player in a competitive game for the club, scores in his first fifteen mins

• Advertisement

Lovely to see and other players reaction was brilliant too

Gedson has been quite decent imo, but you can see where he needs a few ninety minutes in england under his belt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Ormus wrote: »
    He’s got good end of champions league semi final product

True. I suppose I meant he needs more consistency.

Lots of praise for alli but tbh all im seeing is a talented player playing at half pace, indulging himself.

The fact that he gets away with it against marine fc is irrelevant to his future at the club imo

Ah I thought he done well. Looked up and played a pass fairly quick on a number of occasions.

Maybe tom, maybe

Im half reacting to fellas on twitter that rave about him at every chance (and are doing so again) when he very rarely outweighs anything that should be expected of a starting attacker

Hes been as good as any of our attack nothing sensational tho

• Advertisement

Maybe tom, maybe

Im half reacting to fellas on twitter that rave about him at every chance (and are doing so again) when he very rarely outweighs anything that should be expected of a starting attacker

Hes been as good as any of our attack nothing sensational tho

Yeah I know what ya mean.
    Very impressed with vinny, his third goal was quality.

What I don’t get is we paid money for Clarke

Dele is talented but there is that mindset, he just does not seem t have it

Let’s hope for Crawley next

Job done. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Has Mourinho ever been on the wrong end of one of these type of matches.

I can't recall any time in charge of Chelsea or United were a team if his was embarrassed by a lower/non league time.

Chelsea-Bradford in 2015.

High time vinicius was playing ahead (physically on the pitch, i mean, not instead) of kane in a few games, or with half an hour to go in tight games

High time kane was coming off when games are well won too

The lad has done all you could ask and more and weve been crying out for good backup/complement for kane for years

If we dont see him in tougher tests or playing for longer stints then you couldnt be sure about spending big bucks on him, so its now or itll soon be too late is the thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Wasnt it great to see a game played on a tight pitch like that in a housing estate!

Such a shame there was no fans at it , imagine that ground packed.
    A professional job done by Tottenham, great for Vini.

Dele looked okay, even against opposition from a 9th (?) div team.
    Still think he will be gone, his body language looks disinterested and lazy... in my opinion.

Great for the young lads to get a run out with the First team.

Next game - Villa Vs Tottenham - on/off ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

If Villa had to play against Liverpool in the cup over the weekend why would the PL game be cancelled? I think Derby had to play over the weekend as well with a makeshift team. The FA need to make a fair ruling on the cancelling of games. I thought that Fulham only had a few players not available for our game and it was cancelled.

Talk of the Fulham game (postponed over Christmas) being slotted in to replace the Villa game.

Glebee wrote: »
    If Villa had to play against Liverpool in the cup over the weekend why would the PL game be cancelled?

Good question.

Premier League seems to have slightly different rules/regulations,
    because the Football Association dont have a say in the Premier League rules, and vice versa.
    The FA is a special shareholder of the Premier League. It has the ability to vote on certain issues, but has no role in the day-to-day running of the Premier League.

Each year, the Premier League submits its rules to The FA for approval and sanction.

For the Premier League, The FA ensures that throughout the season the Laws of the Game are applied on the field and that the rules and regulations concerned with running football in England are observed by officials, club and players off the pitch as well as on it.

The FA also deals with all matters of on and off-field discipline.

I think it would be only justice if fulham were ordered to play us at short notice

Their delay in cancelling the game against us was an utter pisstake when the whole of the internet knew they had 18 cases the day before

• Advertisement

I think it would be only justice if fulham were ordered to play us at short notice

Their delay in cancelling the game against us was an utter pisstake when the whole of the internet knew they had 18 cases the day before

And they played 120mins in their cup game, and are/were due to play chelsea on Friday evening...

Confirmed

Spurs Vs Fulham confirmed to replace the Villa game this Weds night, ko 8.15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

greenspurs wrote: »
    Spurs Vs Fulham confirmed to replace the Villa game this Weds night, ko 8.15.

Live on premier sports one I just checked. Some thing to look forward to get three points on board

Fa cup we got Wycombe Wanderers in the next round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any word?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Any word?

Wycombe away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Nice

United v Liverpool too. A big name out there.

Chelsea always seem to get a handy home draw in the early rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

If we get past Wycombe it's away to Everton or Sheff Wed.

Assume we beat Wycombe we will play the winner of Everton or Sheffield Wednesday the middle of February

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

“Should be” a straightforward win tonight vs Fulham.

I wonder will Jose recall Pierre, Son & Kane into the squad or rest them further. COYS

I think he should play Vini ...
    Give him a full 90mins.

Might pee off Kane tho ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

greenspurs wrote: »
    I think he should play Vini ...
    Give him a full 90mins.

Might pee off Kane tho ?

I agree. He seems to do very well for us when given a decent opportunity ie: not coming on for the last 10mins.

• Advertisement

whodafunk wrote: »
    “Should be” a straightforward win tonight vs Fulham.

I wonder will Jose recall Pierre, Son & Kane into the squad or rest them further. COYS

i dont think tonights game will be straightforward

i dont think tonights game will be straightforward

Is anything ever when Spurs are concerned :D

I dont think a straightforward game exists in the league, unless you go out and make it so

Under poch we got into a good habit of that for a while, but lost it again

Jose needs to find that for us, he should have realised by now that defending an early lead for 80 minutes isnt it.

The burden on kane could be eased by vini being on the pitch with him, i wouldnt advocate a full swap just yet either.

Fabrizio Romano, whose word is good, now says Dele is pushing to leave Spurs.

Neither good nor bad news only depending on how it plays out- the terms, any replacement, his attitude if he stays.

If he thinks he has done everything he can to get back as a starter in this team, then he needs to go because frankly i could give him no more than a 6 for effort and attitude. The guy's talent and potential arent in doubt, not for a second, but hes had his chances and more.

We owe him nothing and he owes us nothing, its a pity we wont see the super fee of a few years back (but then, of course, we wouldnt be selling if he was performing at that level) so a loan with option for 50m odd sees a message sent, a big return for us, wages out and an attention-grabbing sub out of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Yeah I think Dele is on his way out, whether that be now or at some other time in the coming months. For me he has regressed a lot in the last year or so and I think part of that is lack of confidence (surprisingly) as well as general attitude/laziness. Even when he was playing regularly last year he had an awful habit of losing the ball/giving away possession carelessly when not under pressure. The lack of confidence seems to affect him in terms of taking shots when in good positions. I've given up on the number of times I've screamed at him when he was in good positions to score but looked to pass to somebody else rather than try to score himself. Time will tell but he's not a Jose player.
    For tonight I expect him to go with full strength, we need to try and build some momentum on foot of the Leeds game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement