Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Glebee wrote: »
    Yoh just know that Fulham are going to nick a goal here

Beat me to it. Same old, same old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We'll do well to leave here with a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

All over the place.

Oh christ what is sanchez for and where are our defenders

Absolute piss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

They cant even pass to each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There you go, Fulham haven't picked up a single point in A London derby since 2014 against Crystal Palace. Thanks Spurs

Good, Vini getting some decent game time

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Make more changes Jose

Kane and son have been awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

SuprSi wrote: »
    Good, Vini getting some decent game time

He needs more than 10 poxy minutes though. Should be getting a half hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

What annoys me is we could beat City in the cup final and be told everything is rosy.

where THE **** is sanchez

Ah its a horror show, a horror show

Treating fulham, individually and as a team, like ****ing barca prime

And not even defending well while doing so

Jose should be feeling some heat after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Feels like a defeat.

Our strikers have spent more time slipping than passing

Jesus how can mourinho not have found a tactic against dross like this

Same old same old, im sick at looking at some of these lads- aurier, sanchez, sissoki, winks. If kane and son had one leg hanging off they would still get 90 mins. Wel will win fcuk all with this sh1te..

That’s absolutely shocking. I’m so pissed off.
    How long can we carry on playing this way, going 1-0 and sitting back.
    ****en Sanchez is not a football player, doesn’t know what the hell he’s at.
    Winks CANT pass forward. It’s like he was never shown.
    I’m gutted lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

The most depressing thing about tonight’s game is not so much the fact that we dropped yet another two points after taking an early lead, but more the fact that we were all expecting it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I really would love a look at the tactics board for when we go ahead in games against 'weaker' opposition.

"Hoof it lads. Just hoof it"

It's a time when we should be just keeping possession and showing patience.

Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Wolves, Fulham. There's 10 points pissed away

Against bigger teams we have a clear plan on the counter. Why the **** don't we just do the same against the rest

As much as the good performances were down to Jose. It is unforgivable to keep seeing the same matches over and over again

abff wrote: »
    The most depressing thing about tonight’s game is not so much the fact that we dropped yet another two points after taking an early lead, but more the fact that we were all expecting it to happen.

I said it to my mate on 55 minutes. We've seen this game 3/4 times already this season

If we are going to show absolutely no desire to win the match then we won't win and don't deserve to

• Advertisement

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I really would love a look at the tactics board for when we go ahead in games against 'weaker' opposition.

"Hoof it lads. Just hoof it"

It's a time when we should be just keeping possession and showing patience.

Against bigger teams we have a clear plan on the counter. Why the **** don't we just do the same against the rest

As much as the good performances were down to Jose. It is unforgivable to keep seeing the same matches over and over again

This is what I don’t get. If the tactic is hoof it, why haven’t we got vinny on to hold up the ball and son to run off him with Kane playing a bit deeper.

Can’t stand watching winks on the pitch and as for the other fella at CB....,the less said the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Would love to know what Toby is thinking watching that ****e. Neither Sanchez or Dier are decent CB's. Rodon has to be better than Sanchez. So avoidable, so predictable, how can such a brilliant coach not see what is so obvious to all of us mere mortals?

tom1ie wrote: »
    This is what I don’t get. If the tactic is hoof it, why haven’t we got vinny on to hold up the ball and son to run off him with Kane playing a bit deeper.

Can’t stand watching winks on the pitch and as for the other fella at CB....,the less said the better.

Either let the opposition come onto us(which has been proven to work) or take the game to the opposition.

Half way between is absolutely no use. And the most frustrating thing is that either the players or staff haven't managed to see this despite it being a glaring problem

Some poor individuals performances for sure but the starting XI and the tactic are down to Jose so the finger is firmly pointed at him on this one.

I mean

Even if you were inviting a team on to you as a tactic....you still need to defend, run, mark, pass

A few out there tonight didn't break into a jog all game

The only player who can hold his head up is loris , everyone else to a man was useless, I mean useless

What the fcuk Sanchez was doing for that goal, never mind that what was he doing on the pitch to start with

We need a goal, leave bale on the bench and throw on that headless chicken lamela

I’m sorry but that result is all on mourhino, he got the team selection wrong from the start and left it to long to bring on vini

Disgusting display manager and players

Jose mentioned something pre match about not looking at the league table and 'the league table is crazy, makes no sense'

Well we are 6th,with the same amount of games played as everyone around us and it makes perfect sense. It's exactly where we deserve to be.
    We are 2 pts behind 3 very indifferent teams in City/Leicester/Everton, 6 points off the top and only a point better off then a fairly average Southampton.

The only player who can hold his head up is loris , everyone else to a man was useless, I mean useless

Reguilon and Hojberg did well I thought.

Thought hojbjerg did the work of two men, which makes sense looking at winks

Reguilon was poor enough concentrating on his side defensively

Sissoko very very mixed.

Ndombele mixed also.

Aurier was a liability, despite individual moments recovering he just has no end product going forward and leaves acres at the back

Sanchez, son, kane were all absolutely awful

• Advertisement

Mourinho has been our manager for well over a year now and we still have no style of play or game plan except hope that Son or Kane score.

MrKingsley wrote: »

Look at those teams FFS!! We should be well clear at the top of the table. If those 10 points had been dropped against the top 6 teams you might not feel so bad.

I mentioned to a mate before kick off that I expected the game to finish 1 - 1. I thought they'd score first tbf. I also said that I expect Sheffield to beat us 1 - 0 and I saw nothing in that game that would convince me otherwise.

We're now back to being calamity Spurs. Whatever bad streak an opposition team is on, you can be sure we'll give them every opportunity to break it.

I've said it so many times this season already but it's just pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

pah.....

whatever...

they dont care ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I think the game is up for Jose

Palace
    Wolves
    Fulham

3 teams we should be beating and outplaying based on superior club size and squad quality
    All 3 matches played out the same way
    We take an early lead and try to kill the game from there.
    It obviously doesn't work and it's a horrible watch.
    I can accept it against the big boys but that's it.

If this the Jose's philosophy against 'lesser' teams and it continues then I'm out, it's not for me.

Could you imagine if there was a full house there last night. Would not have been a good and Jose would have got it big time from the crowed.
    Just play football Spurs. You have a decent team and are better than what Jose is trying to do.

Son although he was poor last night was unlucky with hitting the post. That goes in, its 2-0, game over. Its these fine margins that win games at this level I suppose but its just this sitting back bull**** thats killing me.

3 def midfielders.

Okay. Was it a flat 4 in midfield?
    was it a diamond , with Hojbjerg at the base , Winks to the left, Mouss to the right, and Tanguy at the top ?

Looking at their heat maps,
    Mouss spent a lot of his time helping Aurier, who spent a lot of time forward.
    Winks was very central , some time on the left helping Reggy who was forward a lot.
    Tanguy spent a lot of his time going forward.

Son, was just on the left wing mostly, little tracking back (as has become a habit), 4 touches in the box
    Kane , was more spread out all over the pitch, with 8 touches in the box.

Vini touched the ball twice when he came on.

Just not fcuking good enough.
    10 points fcuked away from winning positions. Amateurish..

• Advertisement

jose has always played that way but what he seems to forget and it pains me to say it was Chelsea had some great defenders led by John Terry , we have a total clown in sanchez and dier and aurier, we are not capable of defending a lead

and as Snoop pointed out them tactics are fine if they work but what is the excuse for not being able to pass to your own man, lack of effort, which was all on show last night

i mean he seems to be more afraid to loose than to actually go for the game

10 mins to go last night and he leaves lucas, bale and ali on the bench and fires on lamela who has not played in a month BTW

I thought that we had something special going when we hit the top of the table a while ago. Who was I kidding :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Glebee wrote: »
    I thought that we had something special going when we hit the top of the table a while ago. Who was I kidding :(

Failure to win at Anfield has derailed the whole project, or even hold onto a point that night. We still have too many players with a weak mentality and others who just aren’t that good. They still should be able to beat teams like Fulham at home though and that’s on the manager

greenspurs wrote: »
    3 def midfielders.

Okay. Was it a flat 4 in midfield?
    was it a diamond , with Hojbjerg at the base , Winks to the left, Mouss to the right, and Tanguy at the top ?

Looking at their heat maps,
    Mouss spent a lot of his time helping Aurier, who spent a lot of time forward.
    Winks was very central , some time on the left helping Reggy who was forward a lot.
    Tanguy spent a lot of his time going forward.

Son, was just on the left wing mostly, little tracking back (as has become a habit), 4 touches in the box
    Kane , was more spread out all over the pitch, with 8 touches in the box.

Vini touched the ball twice when he came on.

Just not fcuking good enough.
    10 points fcuked away from winning positions. Amateurish..

I’d love to see how many completed forward passes winks done last night.

Neither Sissoko nor winks defensive midfielders

They were, as far as could be seen, tasked with covering overlapping fullbacks (they didnt) who were to supply quality and width (they didnt), getting ball to feet ahead of them (winks- he didnt) or disrupt lines by running through (sissoko- he did but utterly without end product)

Argue all day about roles, certainly jose is now at a stage where sticking with things as they are is proven failure against lower epl clubs, but individuals are not performing.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    I’d love to see how many completed forward passes winks done last night.

38 touches in our own half.
    33 touches in opposition half

Cant find his passing stats.

Neither Sissoko nor winks defensive midfielders

They were, as far as could be seen, tasked with covering overlapping fullbacks (they didnt) who were to supply quality and width (they didnt), getting ball to feet ahead of them (winks- he didnt) or disrupt lines by running through (sissoko- he did but utterly without end product)

Argue all day about roles, certainly jose is now at a stage where sticking with things as they are is proven failure against lower epl clubs, but individuals are not performing.

whatever about sissoko and he has his faults but at least he drives forward with the ball (given there is probably as much control as a wet dream) but at least its forward

winks just does nothing, comes short to within 5 metres of his CH, receives the ball, taps it back to CH and turns and jogs up to centre circle, rinse and repeat

my current fault with mourhino is the fact that he picks winks and sanchez and when the game is in the melting pot and needs a break he wont gamble on a bale or an ali

fulham are cannon fodder lads,

one good CH can transform a team, van diyk at pool, dias at city
    we should have broke the bank for skinnar

could you imagine what mourhino would have done with vertongen and toby in their prime

my current fault with mourhino is the fact that he picks winks and sanchez and when the game is in the melting pot and needs a break he wont gamble on a bale or an ali

1) Bale - has done nothing , and always seems to be semi-injured , or no trying hard, so he doesnt get injured. Waste of time.
    Alli ? - Havent we all said enough about him? Talented - yes no doubt. But he wont tackle, always wants to try a flick or a nutmeg, cant score.... Hes a liability, and Jose doesnt seem to trust/like/rate him enough to put him into the side. That for me (and what ive seen when he has come on!!) , is enough.

2) Skriniar deal was almost completed, but was left too late to be agreed upon afaik.

whatever about sissoko and he has his faults but at least he drives forward with the ball (given there is probably as much control as a wet dream) but at least its forward

winks just does nothing, comes short to within 5 metres of his CH, receives the ball, taps it back to CH and turns and jogs up to centre circle, rinse and repeat

fulham are cannon fodder lads,

Dont for a second disagree with any that, surely

greenspurs wrote: »
    1) Bale - has done nothing , and always seems to be semi-injured , or no trying hard, so he doesnt get injured. Waste of time.
    Alli ? - Havent we all said enough about him? Talented - yes no doubt. But he wont tackle, always wants to try a flick or a nutmeg, cant score.... Hes a liability, and Jose doesnt seem to trust/like/rate him enough to put him into the side. That for me (and what ive seen when he has come on!!) , is enough.

2) Skriniar deal was almost completed, but was left too late to be agreed upon afaik.

yes but whatever ali faults and there are plenty at the moment he is more likely to nick you a goal than some of the lads on the pitch

bale has not set the world on fire but he is also a game changer, he will occupy a man to open up space for others or maybe nick a goal (brighton)

you have to go for broke when you need the points,

surly they are worth a roll of the dice in the last 10 mins when you need a goal

were we not 10 million short on the skinnar deal, terms agreed with player and he wanted to come but clubs could not agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭celt262

Not enough scoring threat in the team apart from Kane and Son. 7 goals from others this season is not good. Chances missed by sissoko and pierre last night very costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

FA Cup 4th round game v Wycombe scheduled for Monday 25 on BT. Have next week off then 3 games in 7 days.

I've absolutely no time for winks in the team.

Sanchez is going to makes mistakes. (Not a word mentioned about Dier getting caught under a cross yet again when he only had to worry about one forward)

Don't want them in the team but that team was a good enough group to beat Fulham when winning 1-0 at half time.

Again I've no problem with sitting in but there has to be some plan when we win the ball back. Just like we did against City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Other than those games and 20-30 minutes here or there this is resembling last season more and more. Absolutely no game plan.

Hoof it up to Kane......oh no wait he's doing Winks' job. So we can just hoof it to the opposing CBs so

It's utter madness to see that play out in the PL time after time

Spurs (reportedly) not taking up the option of the 2nd year of Bales loan.... ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement