Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Jose experiment has to be put down as a complete disaster area. Unless he walks no way is Levy getting rid of him. Smilely happy Jose is a distant memory at this stage. Not sure where Spurs go from here but going nowhere with the majority of this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

crossroads has been reached

do we go left into mid table obscurity again and sell Kane, half empty stadium and fcuk all to shout about,

do we go right and invest in the team to get us back up into the top positions

ENIC decision and unfortunately I have a fair idea which way this will go

Chelsea reached that point 3 years ago and turned right
    Liverpool reached it 4 years ago and turned right
    Man Utd maybe 7 years ago, farted about for a few years but have now turned right
    Arsenal- well they are still trying to decide and TBH that is the only saving grace at the moment

Now is the time when will see how serious ENIC are about this club,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

ENIC run the club on a business model and that’s not going to change.

Ormus wrote: »
    ENIC run the club on a business model and that’s not going to change.

yes true, but one would hope rather naively maybe, enic might say well to make money you have to spend money

bums on seats make money
    a half empty stadium watching a stinking pile of horse ****e
    or a full stadium watching a team challenging

but unfortunately that is not what will matter, sky money, stadium rental, that will be the income stream

greenspurs, i think you are wearing off on me

yes true, but one would hope rather naively maybe, enic might say well to make money you have to spend money

bums on seats make money
    a half empty stadium watching a stinking pile of horse ****e
    or a full stadium watching a team challenging

but unfortunately that is not what will matter, sky money, stadium rental, that will be the income stream

greenspurs, i think you are wearing off on me

Well obviously at the moment the stadiums are completely empty, but I think Spurs fans are generally pretty loyal in attending games even in the bad times.

Covid + stadium debts = it’s really not the time to play fast and loose with money

Ormus wrote: »
    Well obviously at the moment the stadiums are completely empty, but I think Spurs fans are generally pretty loyal in attending games even in the bad times.

Covid + stadium debts = it’s really not the time to play fast and loose with money

yes I agree to an extent, but there is a big difference in selling out a 32k stadium and a 62k stadium

I was in London during the Graham, Pleat, Hoddle, Santini and Jol years and there was never much problem getting a ticket, stadium very rarely at full capacity apart from the big games, most days it was 90-95%

of course they need to be prudent but we also need some investment, one decent player, look what BF has done at Utd
    worst thing we could do is go into next season with the same squad

for the remainder of the season, why not give sessognon a run at left back
    give ndombele game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ormus wrote:
    We were soundly thrashed. Jose out.

Damn. Ormus wants Jose out. Sh1t just got real, fast.

Damn. Ormus wants Jose out. Sh1t just got real, fast.

Haha I’ve always been in the Jose out camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

True it's not the time to blow a ton of cash but Enic only have a couple of options as I see it;
    1. Back Jose with at least few astute signings, rb, dm and cb at a minimum. Personally I'd sell Alli, Lucas and Lamela to finance this.

2. Put us through the inevitable ****show next season will be if he doesn't get the players he wants, which will lead to sacking him mid season and Kane leaving when he's had enough.

(my preferred option would be sacking him but that's not going to happen, have a feeling my season ticket will be on the exchange a lot next season if anyone needs a ticket!)

• Advertisement

Credit to solkskear and UTD board for backing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Very recently United fans wanted him out. Wouldn't say the overly backed him.

Huge similarities between them and us.

I guess none of us are expecting much here. Strong team out. I think the team will react tonight...
    ... And then go back to been **** as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

lo Celso :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

That was flukey.

• Advertisement

A good dollop of luck, well take what we can. We just seem so flat and dead. Huff and puff but no end result a lot of the time.

What the hell was that with Son and Lloris?

A row going off the pitch at the end.... clear the lot of them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Glebee wrote: »
    A row going off the pitch at the end.... clear the lot of them out.

Jesus if this is entertainment I don’t know . Would put you to sleep . Only bit of life was when loris was having a go at sonny going down the tunnel

If lloris wants to bollick son fair enough, but keep it for the dressing room you clown. Harmless enough in the end. Brutal bad football match...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

joeguevara wrote: »

He said the United board backed him. And they did. Gave him plenty to spend too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

This is painful to watch.

That’s a relief.

abff wrote: »
    That’s a relief.

Up there with worst games I ever seen.

A lot of respect for Hugo after that interview ,
    Can see why he is skipper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

spurshero wrote: »
    Up there with worst games I ever seen.

think that was worse than last week tbh

I dunno . 7 months in or so it’s hard to see what Jose is bringing to the table . It was probaly time for poch to go but I can’t see mourinho been a success. He’s not gonna have much money to spend you would imagine so not sure where the improvement is going to come out of to get us challenging top 4 again .he will have to get next season as this season was half over when he came in but to be honest I will be suprised if he’s still manager this time next year . At the moment you wouldn’t even be excited sitting down to watch a match .

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

very well said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Everyone could see that the squad needed a massive reshuffle. We paid the price for a couple of years of no investment.

But everyone also knows that Mourinho needs money to change things. He always has. And we will have very little(in any) to spend.

It will be interesting/embarrassing/incredibly frustrating to see how it plays out publicly with Levy and him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

how have we fallen so far so fast ?

18 months ago we were in a title race with one of the best young coaches in world football

those windows with no investment are haunting us now

it's a hell of a way back now but at least the Guns n' Roses gig has been rescheduled for next summer

#fúckoffenic

• Advertisement

Thought we were decent in the second half. Sissoko was very good as was Lo Celsco. Harry Kane was poor. Lamela as ususal was good when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Eric Dier banned for four games.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Eric Dier banned for four games.

That’s pretty harsh, but I guess there’s no point in appealing it. Another fallout from a dire FA cup performance.

abff wrote: »
    That’s pretty harsh, but I guess there’s no point in appealing it. Another fallout from a dire FA cup performance.

4 games sounds about right to me. Very little by the way of precedent though.

Just a really stupid thing to do and deserves to be punished

MrKingsley wrote: »
    4 games sounds about right to me. Very little by the way of precedent though.

Just a really stupid thing to do and deserves to be punished

It was slightly reminiscent of Trevor Brennan going after an Ulster fan after a Toulouse-Ulster game in 2007. Of course, Trevor actually hit the fan. And he got a lifetime ban, which was subsequently reduced to 5 years.

So I guess 4 weeks is relatively short when looked at in that context.

Fully deserved, no arguement. You cant take off into the stand fighting FFS.

Fully deserved but pity cause the guy was actually playing ok

10th place, behind Burnley:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

10th place, behind Burnley:o

Wolves losing is good for us, even if it probably doesn't matter anymore.

• Advertisement

Don't fall for it lads.

Who wants europa league **** next season anyway, we need to go flat out for a league Cup win next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

For those on FREESAT we are on live tomorrow 5.30 PICK Channel

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

For those on FREESAT we are on live tomorrow 5.30 PICK Channel

It's on Sky One too.

Dr. Tottenham to fix all Bournemouth's problems?

Don't fall for it lads.

Who wants europa league **** next season anyway, we need to go flat out for a league Cup win next season.

Would we not be better going flat out for a Europa league, might be our best chance for CL qualification

This is the game to blow out our cobwebs. As far as Im aware Bournemouth have lost 5 on the bounce. I know I know, I said that Sheffield were on a bad run, but my god we should be putting these away in our sleep. Dier being banned will make for an interesting back 4 decision. Will Toby and Jan play together for the first time in months.

Kane needs to hit the ground running tonight. My wish is we go all guns blazing. Stick SIssoko as our holding mid and blitz mid and attack with pure striking players. We need a bit of swagger. Going for 3 nil.

It cant be possible that we dont pick up 3 points this evening:confused::confused: Are we actually that pooor?? I just dont know anymore
    1-1 draw...

• Advertisement

It cant be possible that we dont pick up 3 points this evening:confused::confused: Are we actually that pooor?? I just dont know anymore
    1-1 draw...

LOL, spoken like a true spurs fan

If we don't win tonight I will wear a West Ham Jersey (if donated for the rest of our matches this season).

joeguevara wrote: »
    If we don't win tonight I will wear a West Ham Jersey (if donated for the rest of our matches this season).

Jayus joe, that’s a fate worse than castration

Jayus joe, that’s a fate worse than castration

Just showing my commitment

Haven’t watched a minute of football since it’s been back. Might change that this evening though.

This seems to me like a game where we turn on the charm and win 3-0 or piss about and lose 1-0 and get a man sent off

• Advertisement
Advertisement