Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Keep her lit joe

I fully expect a 10-0 predictions for Sunday

In fact if joe doesnt predict at least a 4:0 then joe out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

If Jose can't get the team sorted and beat Brighton tomorrow, and not just beat them, but demonstrate that he's actually able to make this team play well, he could be on borrowed time.

13 points in the last 10 games is completely unacceptable on its own, but the manner in which those points were won or lost is what's most worrying.

Interesting article on the Guardian about Ndombele and how he's essentially wasted at Spurs because of Mourhino's tactics. Can't say I disagree with it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/28/tanguy-ndombele-holds-key-to-spurs-future-but-is-held-back-by-mourinho

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

That article is spot on, the attacking talent is there it just needs to be utilised properly and then Joe would have reasons to be optimistic. Anyway Kane being out presents opportunities to others starting tomorrow night but Jose needs to change his tactics or he will be gone for sure it will just be a question of time.

Relying on the defensive resilience of the lads we have is madness

Best to be hoped for is to drill them on two or three really safe and clear actions and make sure they know their priorities, and then keep them as far away from the ball as possible

Joses interpretation of that is to launch the ball and set again to repel an attack, youd have thought thered be more positive foundations to build on than that after a year in charge tbh

Just watching everton playing lovely flowing stuff here on motd (i know they lost) but it drives home that ability is not the issue. Our boys are playing well within themselves as a unit and individually.

Its a real puzzle because they did it to poch too, so i find it hard to support them in another "down tools" regardless of whether mourinho is the right man or not

Be interesting to see team selection tonight , I think bale could carry out the Kane role, I’d give tanaga RB slot

In Jose defence I wonder does his team selection reflect the fact that he knows we have no defenders, they need protection, we opened up a bit against pool and every time our CB got isolated they looked like scoring
    He apparently targeted Dias (who was out of our reach once city came calling) and skinnar who we came close to signing
    He knows we need CB or two

I do believe that a decent no nonsense CB and a right back and that sabitizer (who were apparently after) midfielder would transform the team

I was able to bring myself to look at the table there now and after all the sh!te we are still well placed for top 4

Would lads be willing to give Jose time to rebuild again in the summer if he wins a cup or two this year
    I hate his tactics now but if I thought they were a stop gap to see us tru this season and would change after more rebuilding then I think I could accep them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ah sh1te. Thought the game was on at 2pm. What am i going to grumble about till 7pm??

If he got top 4 and a cup you would have to give him another year

But thats not a rave review given the disharmony, the terrible football and how many of our players are performing way, way below standards

Go on about individual errors, but the other 89 minutes from the players are also absolutely terrible beyond the moments of inspiration from the same three or four

• Advertisement

Today’s game just got bigger given results today

PSG beaten tiday by Lorient, Poch under pressure already.

Typical Liverpool look brutal today and mane injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I'm back to my best after a chilled weekend. The results have been pretty good for us and awIt the WH and Liverpool result. We have an excellent win ratio against Brighton (Jose Doesn't) so think we should win tonight. Also it is a perfect game for HK replacement to be blooded.

We need to capitalise on other teams dropping points. I am not going to predict a landslide but we have to show the league we are top class.

Come on lads. We are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Our team just released a bit early

Lorris

Sanchez Toby Rodin Davie
    Hojbjerg sissoko
    Ndombele

Bergeign bale son.

Hart dovhetty dier tangana winks devine
    Lamela Lucas Vivi

Is Toby right full or is sissoko wing back

Good decisions , right players dropped and aurier banished

Let’s see a response

• Advertisement

Delighted to see Dier dropped. Can't understand why Vinicius isn't starting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

davycc wrote: »
    Our team just released a bit early

Lorris

Sanchez Toby Rodin Davie
    Hojbjerg sissoko
    Ndombele

Bergeign bale son.

Hart dovhetty dier tangana winks devine
    Lamela Lucas Vivi

Fair enough dier was bad, but Sanchez ffs. Would’ve liked to see Vinicius but I guess he’ll come off the bench.
    Take it reggies still out. Anyone know how long he’s out for?

tom1ie wrote: »
    Fair enough dier was bad, but Sanchez ffs. Would’ve liked to see Vinicius but I guess he’ll come off the bench.
    Take it reggies still out. Anyone know how long he’s out for?

3 weeks

I tell you something folks, this lockdown would be a lot tougher if we did not have these games to look forward too.( look forward probally the wrong word)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Sanchez ffs, car crash. Hopefully Bale can contribute more than he has done to this point. COYS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Just wish Jose would try to get know which back four defenders combine best together.

Too many changes in defense, makes forming a good understanding very difficult.

I get that there a lot of games to play and rotation is required.

But I don't think Jose knows which back four gel together the best.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Would be something if jose was actually improving these lads. Sanchez has a defender in there somewhere but his head is in bits

No Vinicius. Nonsense.

Absolutely ****ing unbelievable defending again

Unbelievable.

An entire team standing watching

Mourinho claiming we get punished for individual errors- i watch us every game and i think we get away with murder tbh.

Outrun in every area of the pitch so far.

Stinking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That was coming.

We have a real talent for making every team we face look like world beaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Do the players not care anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Sweet Jesus :mad:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Oh dear.
    Making Brighton look like Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

We're making Brighton look like Barcelona 1 nil down half our players going missing

• Advertisement

Same sh1te, different week. Clock is ticking Jose...

At fcuk this
    I could not be bothered watching this crap anymore

Peter File wrote: »
    Do the players not care anymore

Thats the height of it

They got very comfy under poch and nobody was ever dropped

Then they stopped playing for a manager and it worked for them

So why not do it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Big Sam, Sean Dyche or Pulis wouldn’t have us playing as bad as this and certainly wouldn’t be getting a fraction of 15m a year for it.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Big Sam, Sean Dyche or Pulis wouldn’t have us playing as bad as this and certainly wouldn’t be getting a fraction of 15m a year for it.

Agreed

But also, **** the players too

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

The goal came from a brain fart from Davies. He is just not up to it....

Sell the whole fcuking lot of them

No pressing.
    Bale doing half jumping jacks in the middle of the pitch avoiding the ball.
    Bergwjn strolling.
    Sanchez looks like he’s doing the floss on the spot.

**** me this is painful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm not gonna let Spurs put me in a **** mood again. It's simply not worth it. I'm sick of caring about our results more then it seems like some of these players care about them. We are absolute ****e, and will continue to be so unless something major changes.

30 minutes to even get a shot against the team sitting in 17th place...that'd be funny if it wasn't so ****.

We are barely a top half of the table team, never mind top 4.

• Advertisement

I swear i haven't seen a spurs player react to a bounce in years

Jogging around waiting for kane to save em

Cowards

Play the youngsters til the end of the season

I just want to see some effort again

How the **** are we allowing them so much space! This mcallister lad is gonna score a screamer if we keep giving him chances.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm not gonna let Spurs put me in a **** mood again. It's simply not worth it. I'm sick of caring about our results more then it seems like some of these players care about them. We are absolute ****e, and will continue to be so unless something major changes.

30 minutes to even get a shot against the team sitting in 17th place...that'd be funny if it wasn't so ****.

We are barely a top half of the table team, never mind top 4.

That’s why I got lads to turn game off , not watching anymore

Mind you I think when I leave room it will go on again ,

Needs a target man up top. At nothkng.. Vinicius must be saying what am i doing hanging arounnd .. ndobele is gifted with the ball when he bothers his hole.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't actually think we've improved as a team at all since the worst days of Poch, going by how we look out there now. I intensely disliked our style of play during that period, but this is worse. Doesn't seem to be any direction in our attack, and it's a hope for the best situation where Kane or Son or both will perform some magic. Not much needs to be said about our defence.

Team is a complete mess.

• Advertisement

Couldve broken there but hojbjerg, on the ball and tackled by three fellas, actually outpaced bergwijn up the field

Latter has looked like a right footed davies, zero courage on the ball

Bale off, Bergwign off.

Kiith wrote: »
    I don't actually think we've improved as a team at all since the worst days of Poch, going by how we look out there now. I intensely disliked our style of play during that period, but this is worse. Doesn't seem to be any direction in our attack, and it's a hope for the best situation where Kane or Son or both will perform some magic. Not much needs to be said about our defence.

Team is a complete mess.

Not to remove blame from players or jose, but poch had those players unable to make a decision on their own.

When he went, and jose wasnt able to coach any responsibility into them, the job lot of them shouldve been cleared.

Sow the ground with salt, start again

Paying mourinho 15m a year to manage these lads is a complete joke and a waste

Holy ****e that’s as bad as I’ve seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wing backs who are afraid of the ball. Don't think I've seen a single player sprint all game? Switch to a back 4, and get Vinicius on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement