Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

joeguevara wrote: »
    The difference between the experts discussion on spurs v Brighton and Liverpool v Brighton results is chalk and cheese. Spurs were lambasted by them and they were saying that spurs team should hang heads in shame but in the other match it was Brighton masterclass.

They’re not wrong though. Liverpool had urgency and created chances but Brighton deserves to win. We were pathetic and should have lost 3 or 4 nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

golfball37 wrote: »
    They’re not wrong though. Liverpool had urgency and created chances but Brighton deserves to win. We were pathetic and should have lost 3 or 4 nil.

Liverpool had 1 shot on target. They were insipid and toothless.

We had 4 shots on target compared to Brighton 5. The stats are quite different to the analysis after.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Liverpool had 1 shot on target. They were insipid and toothless.

We had 4 shots on target compared to Brighton 5. The stats are quite different to the analysis after.

Stats are meaningless to me. My eyes didn’t deceive me, the performance against Brighton was shameful. Salah should have scored to put them one up, we didn’t create a chance.
    By your rationale a midfielder with 13 goals and only 15 assists in four years would be an abject failure too. Those are Luka Modrics stats as a Spurs player btw. The best player I’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hate to be pessimistic but it’s Chelsea. I just don’t see a win.
    Giroud to score. Can’t see us keeping a clean sheet.
    Unless son finds form again I can’t see us scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

tom1ie wrote: »
    Hate to be pessimistic but it’s Chelsea. I just don’t see a win.
    Giroud to score. Can’t see us keeping a clean sheet.
    Unless son finds form again I can’t see us scoring.

Agree completely. Not sure I can bring myself to watch it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

still nothing being said over 'there' ....

They must be very confident, cos they are hardly scared ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

I was just about to put a rendition of my favourite new chant but realised that I got a week's ban for a particular word contained within in. About Jose. Been humming it most of the day without Realising. Bit embarrassed when I was asked what it was in a client meeting.

whodafunk wrote: »
    I know we are limited somewhat up front but I really keep asking myself when is Bergwijn going to come good?

I really feel for him and anyone that isnt son or kane tbh, what service or pattern of attack of any quality have we put together for any other player in months?

Nothing consistently that i can see

Rumors that Viniscius is going to Start. If true then its an exciting prospect. Think he is a beast and is just what we need. Again I am waiting for the announcement before I post but I am definitely looking forward to the match. Come on you lilly whites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

EtZ22pqXMAAY5oY?format=jpg&name=small

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Four defenders on the bench? I’m not a fan of Dele but would prefer have him on bench ahead of at least one of Sanchez or Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

golfball37 wrote: »
    Four defenders on the bench? I’m not a fan of Dele but would prefer have him on bench ahead of at least one of Sanchez or Doherty

Yeah bench looks pretty uninspiring. Can't see anything other than a defeat here. Alonso loves a goal against us.

I love that Viniscius is starting. Ndombele is the key to get the ball to him and son. Sissoko will need to play our of his skin. Kante not starting is a hammer blow but they will fancy themselves.

Viniscius will be explosive and not expected. I think that a 2-1 win. But I am definitely not buoyant.

Bale has to be able to make a mark when he is on. We can't lose. We are spurs

Dele isnt fit, nor reguilon nor lo celso

I think its as good a team as we can put out, depending on which lloris, dier, aurier, davies we get at the back

Which is a lot of "depending"

Good to see vinny start.
    Son on the left also very good to see.
    Aurier- once he keeps the head will offer a good attacking threat.
    I’m a little bit more optimistic now, but still..........

• Advertisement

Jesus lads im shook

Tim Sherwood just analysed our full backs and i agreed with every word

How did James avoid a card?

No way lloris knew there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great play by Bergwijn, shame Vini couldn't do more with it

Already giving up Incredible space on the wings and the centre halves not marking a run between them

Gonna be a long night

• Advertisement

Sissoko ducked under a defensive header again just before it tho, how has that not been addressed

Need to give Davies mor protection. Werner is targeting him.

Can’t keep the ball and can’t pass our way out of our own half. We just go backwards all the time and then launch it.

This is horrible. Not pressing at all up front and not even closing the routes to the pass, and hacking it away when we get it

Particular word for davies who seemingly has to be reminded every. single. time. that he is defending the left side of the pitch.

Used to be slow and dependable with a decent pass, now he is utterly useless.

Oh Dier, that is soooo bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Dier..you PLONKER

Fcucking hell is dier on a bonus for every penalty conceded

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That is beyond awful...what the ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dier you fcuking gimp

Ffs. This is.....well......dire.

• Advertisement

He hasn’t been good enough for 3 years. Why is he still in first xi. It’s embarrassing

Jesus christ

Another shocking display.. Are we surprised. Imagine if fans were allowed in....

1-0 down, will we please have an attack that leads to an effort on goal before half time please? If the tactics dont change it’s time for some tough decisions

If Mourinho keeps setting us up to defend with these players he should be sacked, its blatantly not going to work

If levy wants to keep mourinho he should have bought four quality defenders

Very few people at the club are doing their job, but Mourinho at 15m a year is taking the piss

He has to go and there's no point dragging it out imo.

This is really difficult to watch. On BT Sport Hoddle is calling it exactly right - nobody seems to have a plan. There's no movement from any players and no targets for the defenders to aim at.

The team is completely aimless.

Hard to figure out what the strategy is. No fluid. But Chelsea are equally bad and they are only ahead from a crazy penalty.

Berjwin off and Bale on. Doherty replace Davies and attack.

Glebee wrote: »
    Another shocking display.. Are we surprised. Imagine if fans were allowed in....

This.
    There’s be serious pressure on Jose.
    No amount of pointing at the LC final or any of the competitions we are in would help much while we r playing like this.

Turning this off at half time. No point wasting my time since the players aren't interested.

• Advertisement

Chelsea have all the time in tbe word to do what they want. Fcuking hell. Shocking when we do get into Chelsea half.

SuprSi wrote: »
    This is really difficult to watch. On BT Sport Hoddle is calling it exactly right - nobody seems to have a plan. There's no movement from any players and no targets for the defenders to aim at.

The team is completely aimless.

Thought it was townsend

Similar enough voices i spose, cockney doing an impersonation of the old worzel gummidge

Thats the most interesting thing about this game so far

Needs saying again- Son is doing absolutely *nothing*

It's like a friendly game for Chelsea. And to be honest they haven't created much themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

If I was Kane, Son or Ndombele I'd be having a word with my agent. They don't deserve to be shackled within the constraints of these negative tactics. They could do so much better.

And I'm a Spurs fan.

Sitting back and seemingly accepting inferiority against a poor team and direct rival is unforgivable for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

BBC webtext are spot on
    HALF-TIME
    Tottenham 0-1 Chelsea

All Chelsea, well worth their advantage.

Can I say Spurs have been pathetic? Too strong? They've sat back for the entire 45 minutes and offered nothing going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Most ironic thing of all is exactly as the Man Utd fans warned us

Where do we go from here

Most ironic thing of all is exactly as the Man Utd fans warned us

Where do we go from here

Well the good news is that the players are better than they are showing, we know that.

The bad news is that we are so bad that there is a manager who would unquestionably improve us, and his lads lost 9-0 two days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Well the good news is that the players are better than they are showing, we know that.

The bad news is that we are so bad that there is a manager who would unquestionably improve us, and his lads lost 9-0 two days ago

I’m not even watching the match , and by sounds I’m not missing much

Allegri for me if anyone

Players hiding.
    They seem to be scared to get on the ball.
    That comes from the top IMO.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Players hiding.
    They seem to be scared to get on the ball.
    That comes from the top IMO.

It either comes from the top or is a very very quick way of getting rid of the guy at the top

But it is very hard to forgive it in a player too

• Advertisement
Advertisement