Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Positivity time: bergwijn has been bright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Now if sissoko could only learn how to make a simple four foot pass...

Pressing much better

Exposing that our passing is still shocking, really really shocking

Alderweireld booking there is terrifying- our best defender by miles asleep under a nothing move, forced into a desperate lunge in the middle of the park.

And hes our best by *miles* like

Feel like this ref have given them an awful lot of little calls all the same tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

That keeper will give us a chance yet I reckon. Who knew trying to win the ball back quickly makes the opposition uncomfortable?

Worst thing is that you can actually tell that this chelsea team are ****e

Theyre just ****e but dominating us easily

Does Hojberg miss a game now ? Just got his fifth booking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Comedy backpass from dier.
    Chelsea have all kinds of space here.

Lovely pass back from Dier... not.

• Advertisement

Dier should never start at cb again, end of experiment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lamela and Lucas about to come I want some fire out of our at attacks

Ruel fox on 😂

Ndombele and Bergwin were our best players and both off. Jose doesn’t care anymore.

Lamela on to run a few times across rather than through their backline, to fail to complete a pass and to give away stupid fouls just when you wish he would stand off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Loris is man of the match so far. Bale and lucS on now to wreak havoc.

The level of passing is so bad that manager or not the players should be disgusted at themselves, they couldn't string three together in training

Spurs are on top. If we don't get an equaliser then we can only blame ourselves.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Spurs are on top. If we don't get an equaliser then we can only blame ourselves.

We were blaming ourselves anyway joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That was his chance, he has to score that - at least get it on target.

Has to score. Has to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I find it absolutely baffling that Jose hasn't used all the subs. Even if Bale is ****e, stick him on there for a change - something has to change. Sticking with the same formula isn't bloody working!!!

Sitter for vinny.

Worst thing is jose will now say "one individual error one bad miss we should have won that"

Id sack him for that level of cheek alone

How did he miss. Lamela is a Firecracker.

• Advertisement

Hoxdle is nuts giving mount mom and loris having a world ie.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Hoxdle is nuts giving mount mom and loris having a world ie.

Joe lloris has done nothing special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

This team was top of the league in December and are now 14 points behind.
    Another woeful team effort.
    Sack him

Lamela and moura have been pretty good since they came on.
    The team in the first half were awful.

Worst thing is jose will now say "one individual error one bad miss we should have won that"

Id sack him for that level of cheek alone

Thats exactly what hes going to come out with.

• Advertisement

He has to go. At least ten players not worthy of the shirt but we need someone who can at least get them to attack.
    This was a very ordinary Chelsea team and we’ve been awful again.
    Woolwich will comfortably finish ahead of us the longer this goes on. We can’t beat Brighton or Fulham at the moment. We will be everyone’s favorite opponent now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Will all come to a head by this day week
    At that stage we will hav lost to West Brom and knocked out of cup by Everton

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If we don't win against West Brom at the weekend, Jose should be sacked. Something clearly isn't working.

Kiith wrote: »
    If we don't win against West Brom at the weekend, Jose should be sacked. Something clearly isn't working.

Jose should be sacked and the "next game" mentality wont help us

These players come out performance after performance where they haven't just lost they've failed to show basic competence or desire and they plead for the "next game"

Sack him, turn the squad over, play youth ahead of aurier, davies, dier, sanchez, sissoko- none of whom should kick a competitive ball for this club again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Frank in

Joe lloris has done nothing special

I'm actually quite objective for the time being. I don't know what to say about the state of us at the moment. We are a bang average team clinging to the legend of Harry. Without him we have a midfield engine in hjolberg who is a lobe wolf. Ndombele is a slick and tricky bit of nothing. Son is doing his best impression of the invisible man.

Saying that the analysis I have read about the Chelsea slickness. Tactical masterclass, fizzing under Tuchel. Spurs were bad but Chelsea were equally as bad. Each team had 2 shots on target one being a penalty gifted by Dier and for their masterclass Viniscius should have levelled it.

Lloris nearly sved the penalty, stopped a definite own goal with his head from Dier and pulled off a class reflex save from Mount. What did anyone else do.

But it's irrelevant. I'm lost for words but I am not going to lambast Jose. We aren't as good as we thought. His entire game centers around Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Another insipid , cowardly, display .

That is on the players lads. I dont care what anyone tries to tell me. I believe what my eyes see.
    I was no massive fan of JM, but he cannot be blamed for the majority of whats (not) happening on the pitch.

He has changed to a back four (as everyone was calling for after the previous two games) , and still it doesnt suit the players. In fairness he played our best team that he could last night and they didnt bother.

Son - Ive been saying it for weeks, hes gone. Invisible again. No help to Davies, not showing for the pass, just standing around the half way line.

Im not even going to bother going through passes/shots stats..

Watching the game on BT, Jenas was as pissed off as any spurs fans with the complete lack of effort. At half time he just showed a few clips where the midfielders werent showing for the pass from the defenders.
    Everyone can see it, Rio and Steve Sidwell also. Nigel de Jong saying the same on Bein sports.

Its lack of effort, application, no will to win.

Remember it happened Poch.
    COYS

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

So i only half watched the game last night, as i've decided it's just not worth it at the moment. Even when we win, we're awful to watch. I know i said Jose should go last night, but thinking about it more I actually don't think that's the case.

Is there another team in the league that has lost as many points as we have through individual errors? Seems like every single game we concede through an absolute cluster**** of a mistake from one of our defenders. Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Rodon (who i can forgive, as a young player)...each one of them cost us points in the last few weeks. The only way to manage that is to not play any of them, but we don't have any options there. I think our style of play is dictated by Jose doing his absolute best to cover for our shockingly bad defenders. If they make regular mistakes with everyone in our 3rd of the pitch, how more often would it happen with less cover. Wonder what it would be like with a solid back line.

The reality is we have a bang average squad, held up by some outstanding players. The team needs to be gutted, and effectively start again. Won't happen though, as there simply isn't the money there to do it. Lack of CL football (which lets face it, we don't deserve), lack of fans in games, and mounting debt means the club is in a horrible position to rebuild. Only way we could do it is to sell Kane, which i would say is looking more and more likely now. I'd be surprised if he doesn't want out at this stage.

I agree Kiith.

I would think Kane and Son and maybe NDombele are our shining lights and would raise the most cash.

Levy cant afford to sack Mourinho, (£37mill , i think i saw it would cost ?) so its the players that will make way.

The 'painful rebuild' Poch spoke about 18-24 mths ago ... ?

https://www.facebook.com/THFCWorldwide%20/photos/pcb.3788189581229341/3788188977896068/?__cft__[0]=AZWmzET8bGe8aI5-8H1AJWEvModyrJjJOZrIrrRx6tPynyO3OCMlOhhN7J68P7t5YUxUsf18FNvWHh8e7BSrgVm_zxb1i7YeEHKWLDeRx9xIDLZ-U4ZQ76BJAlBvanwt6LjzorxHl8GELHMKiVmN0uZmkVqK7DL1IzmM8YEk9HW-guapeR9T070ihIikIGF9qO4&__tn__=*bH-R

He said it in the Amazon series ......

• Advertisement

Dier is a weird one. Wasn't he guaranteed a spot when Jose arrived due to him speaking fluent Portuguese. But was subbed at half time one match and looked on the scrapheap. When he came back he was like Dier of old and was formidable but now a liability.

Lloris is still world class. Reguilon is up there with the best but injured. I read that Real are thinking of activating his buy back clause due to his form and due to the lack of there's. That would be a disaster.

Doherty was a fantastic player last year but has been woeful this year. He has been played out of position and the CBs don't defend the zone as he wants to zoom forward. Hjolberg is one of the best in the premiership. Ndombele is world class. Kane is world class. Son is world class. So talking a a sub par squad is ridiculous. Tamanga is going to be able to fill ledleys boots.

Bale I'm going to give until the end of the season l. Like lads he was knocking them in for Real. Why not spurs. But even thp Jose dreamt of managing him, if not given a role why would he bother.

We are in three cups. One near the final. When we beat city with the pressing game Jose was considered a genius. But lost his most attacking defender, and the beat striker in the world and now talk of sacking him.

Come on lads, it's gone from Enic out, levy out. Jose out and now three quarters of the team.

What no-one has said was that if any team was appropriately cushioned for Covid it's spurs. Our wage bill wS one of the lowest and revenue was actually close to the top with structured debt making it affordable.

We are on a shockinf run, we are a bit all over the place but are we really similar to let's sat another team that goes through managers like socks. Can ye not wait to see if we win silverware or if we can get a streak going. Calling for players to be sold to finance a new squad. Do you remember what we did with the Bale money. And lads, the Enic strategy was to have the best stadium in the UK, the beat facilities and ancillary income from NFL, etc etc etc and then pump money in and make them champions and sell for the gargantuan profit. Joe Lewis would buy and sell abrahmovich with the amount of money he has. Do you think he is going to be so close but then do a Southampton on it.

Its a lovely day outside.

its the players lads, you cant flog a dead horse

pooch said it years ago, we know the lads who are not up to it and yet they are still here

To be fair, reggie, kane and Gio (of last year) are big loss to any team

i feel for Jose, as Kiith said I believe his tactics are trying to cover a shocking defense

last night was the first time in a long time that I did not even watch a spurs match,

Of course it’s the players and at least ten of them have to go. 2 questions arise.

1-Do we want Jose and his football to be in charge of that rebuild job is the question that has to be asked however also?
    2-Could another manager right now set this team up and motivate these lads to be better than the Brighton and Fulhams of this world?

My personal opinion is No and Yes to those questions

golfball37 wrote: »
    Of course it’s the players and at least ten of them have to go. 2 questions arise.

1-Do we want Jose and his football to be in charge of that rebuild job is the question that has to be asked however also?
    2-Could another manager right now set this team up and motivate these lads to be better than the Brighton and Fulhams of this world?

Why not ?

Did you see the arsenal -man City - man Utd games?
    Same tactics , same players (just about) , and we beat them all .

Now, we have players that wont put in the work to attack fast from defence, thats why the tactics dont work now.

golfball37 wrote: »

i think he is playing the hand he has been dealt, he realizes our defense is rubbish and his tactics are trying to cover that

if he was given a couple of decent CB and a RB and a partner for Holberg, id think he would change his style

I would let him rebuild

Jose has set us up so that every individual error guarantees disaster

With defence full of flakes

Thats a huge part of the problem

He isnt admitting that and he wont

Not sure how Jose has setup so individual mistakes are costly. He's got half our team sitting deep and covering individual players who are error prone.

Only way he can be blamed in my mind if he keeps picking them, but as we don't have any options, what is he supposed to do?

It’s a managers job to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. These players might be rubbish but they should not be getting outplayed by Fulham and Brighton and sitting back on leads against Palace and Wolves. It worked against City and Woolwich but it has shown itself to be unsustainable and it only took very ordinary teams to expose it.
    He is not capable of changing approach when a change of approach is needed. Yes the players are bad but I can’t accept they are worse than some of the teams that have embarrassed us lately.

Pay him up now and consider your own position Mr Levy is what I think anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

1-Do we want Jose and his football to be in charge of that rebuild job is the question that has to be asked however also? Definitely not

2-Could another manager right now set this team up and motivate these lads to be better than the Brighton and Fulhams of this world? Probably for a few weeks maybe until the end of the season but there would need to be a clear out. To many just don't seem to want to roll up the sleeves and get stuck in or are just not good enough.

I would be worried with the effect the pandamic has had on finance that the likes of dier on 130k a week would be hard to get rid off along with other bigger earners. Toby got a nice new contact last year would he be happy to sit on that if he couldn't get it matched elsewhere. ( i dont think he is the worst at the moment but will need shipping in next year or 2.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

Jose has set us up so that every individual error guarantees disaster

With defence full of flakes

Thats a huge part of the problem

He isnt admitting that and he wont

He doesn't have many options unfortunately in his defense :pac:

Advertisement