Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

JFYI - Tuchel is apparently a master tactician already .... :/:D:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

greenspurs wrote: »
    JFYI - Tuchel is apparently a master tactician already .... :/:D:D

Doesn't take much to outfox Jose these days unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Didn't watch last nights match deliberately, I've seen enough dire football recently, will start watching in a few games. Was not surprised with the result/performance but this is not a good Chelsea team at the moment and certainly not in front of goal. And by all accounts that was borne out last night.
    I think if the fans were in the stadium over the last few months Jose would be gone by now. The insipid displays over the last few months have been shocking-and a lot of them were with Kane playing. The Wolves away game was as bad as any.
    And whilst individual players/errors play their part the buck stops with the manager. We had a defence playing pretty well and Jose then decides to not play Toby, not play Reggie (against Pool) and then when those players come back in they feel under pressure and we have the likes of Sanchez and Davies in their place. Don't forget Jose was happy with the players we signed pre season-Holjberg and Reggie have been successes, Rodon has potential, Vinnie needs to get more games, Doherty has been really poor but there is a good player there (IMO). Bale has been a disaster unfortunately.
    So for me its not just a question of if Jose goes its when does he go. His cautious/conservative style of football is not for Spurs especially with the attacking talent he has to work with.
    Kane will be gone in the summer I feel, hopefully Allegri comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

I dont think I could actually take another change of manager

celt262 wrote: »
    He doesn't have many options unfortunately in his defense :pac:

Same response

The answer to weakness is not to base your entire game around them.

Look at who has drawn and beaten us this season and tell me that man for man we arent superior.

Then how can it be "weakness"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

There will not be a change of manager this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Kane is some player but my word every season he gets run into the ground and misses a spell with injury. I would worry about how long his career is going to be with all of the accumulated problems. Terrible shame. You want to see great players playing for as long as possible.

Im not sure that holds up at all tho.

Hes had one serious wear/tear injury- hamstring last year

Otherwise its all bangs and twists of ankles, and he puts his foot in where he shouldnt

He does get played into the ground alright, and his performance suffers, we cant have a decent backup and the team simply give up all responsibility to him- definitely negatives

But as his game isnt based on pace, couldnt see anything to suggest he wont still be playing full seasons at 34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Lamela and moura start

I know bale been poor but if don’t give him a run of games we will never know

Kane straight in

Winks not even I squad , dier dropped and aurier Sanchez and Davies in the same defence 😬
    Can’t decide if I will watch it or not ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Lamela and moura start

I know bale been poor but if don’t give him a run of games we will never know

Kane straight in

Winks not even I squad , dier dropped and aurier Sanchez and Davies in the same defence 😬
    Can’t decide if I will watch it or not ,

Happy with the changes.

Spurs will have won in 2 hours.

• Advertisement

Davies is a bigger problem than we want to acknowledge, hes not the headline grabber that dier, aurier, sanchez are but he doesnt do his job at all

Hate that kane is out there. Bale, son, vinicius would be trusted at any other club but we just give up without our leading man.

Terrible message

Lamela and Lucas actually taking things forward

Sanchez on the other hand looks clueless and determined to hang us

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

3 really good chances missed there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Massive improvement so far. Lamela has done more in this match than he has all season.
    We are hunting them down.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Massive improvement so far. Lamela has done more in this match than he has all season.
    We are hunting them down.

They are the worst team in this league and probably halfway down the championship tho Tom

We should be beating them with a rotated squad and learning nothing

Instead we are enjoying not being embarrassed yet at 0-0

Yeah, far more attacking mindset so far, but to be expected against WBA.

Need to use that advantage and knock in a few goals. Later it gets at 0-0, more likely we make a mistake and do something stupid.

All over them, but just can't break them down.

Ball is being moved quite slowly

I dont think we're doing anything at premier league level on the ball tbh

So jealous watching MOTD highlights these days of one touch, pass and move, hell even committed direct play

Spurs are pedestrian and dont even try to compete physically in attack.

We want it to be easy for us and arent interested if it isnt.

These lads have conceded buckets to everyone

Sanchez is a disgrace. A disgrace.

Lloris keeping us in it...**** sake. Their only chance is better then any of ours.

• Advertisement

The middle of the sahara is a more contested territory than the spurs back post

Aurier anywhere but

Sanchez, for the second time in a game with zero ball for the opposition, is totally unaware of the only attacking player in the box.

And completely unfocused on the actual ball.

The question youd love to ask him, in those circumstances, is "exactly what the **** do you think you *are* doing here?"

Yknow id come around to jose staying, demonstrating to levy that buying patchy ****e kills the talent we do have, and turn this squad over completely

What the **** have we to lose like

I'd much rather Rodon just be given as much game time as possible, and remove Sanchez from the picture all together. He's simply not good enough.

Other then that, we've played decently. Should be in the lead, with Kane's 2 chances being wasted. Son looks off form still, but Lucas and Lamela are doing what they can. PEH is brilliant, as always.

Sensational from kane there

Not created a really clean chance yet but plenty of almost/awkward efforts

That's more like it. Superb pass by PEH, and good finish by Kane.

Beautiful hojbjerg

Brilliant counter attack there, delighted for Son!

Thats what lucas is for!

Kane touch a beauty

(to be characteristically critical i think Lucas could've outrun them all there!)

Get vinicius on

• Advertisement

Great team goal. Ruel fox done really well there.

Cant convince me that sanchez knows thats offside tbh, he just lost him

Offside there, but we better not just sit back and just try to shut up shop...they are there for the taking. Keep going at them ffs!

Yeah we need to push on here and get at least another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Kiith wrote: »
    Offside there, but we better not just sit back and just try to shut up shop...they are there for the taking. Keep going at they them ffs!

They played offside trap

And there’s the mandatory yellow for lamela. Stupid tackle.

• Advertisement

Lamela's obligatory yellow there :P

He's actually played well today.

Sanchez close to giving a pen there imo

Come on Doherty, give us a good 20 minutes now and don't do anything stupid. Get that confidence back up.

Lucas/lamela very useful when they probe as well as they have today, but it depends on using aurier and davies a bit on the wings too to draw out the packed defence

Still feel that they are creating chances/panic from little or nothing, mainly by targeting Sanchez, but its not like dier would be the same, so I can see the case for rodon alright

Lamela off, good call. Not worth the red card that undoubtedly would have come :P

Should be taking Kane off though. Bring on Vini for the last 15.

• Advertisement

Thats absolutely a red there

Again, ive seen Sanchez too much to give him benefit of the doubt there

Whats wrong with marking the guy, goalside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I didn't see the game but it's nice to get a win anyway

Same here, didn’t watch it

Most frustrating thing is every team above us with the exception of city is beatable and catchable

Same here, didn’t watch it

Most frustrating thing is every team above us with the exception of city is beatable and catchable

We should be closer to city on points than united tbh

We could get some hockeying next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

One step at a time, a badly needed win. At least with Lamela and Moura when they are up for it they do give you intensity. Lamela wont get you many goals and is liable to be sent off every game he just can't tackle and can't help himself in putting in awkward challenges but at least puts the effort in. Didn't see the game but not surprised with the Sanchez comments, Jose needs to pick Toby's partner and stick with them for a run of games, this chopping and changing is not good. Hope Doherty gets a bit of a run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    One step at a time, a badly needed win. At least with Lamela and Moura when they are up for it they do give you intensity. Lamela wont get you many goals and is liable to be sent off every game he just can't tackle and can't help himself in putting in awkward challenges but at least puts the effort in. Didn't see the game but not surprised with the Sanchez comments, Jose needs to pick Toby's partner and stick with them for a run of games, this chopping and changing is not good. Hope Doherty gets a bit of a run now.

You're ignoring the genius of Lamela. He manages to get himself booked almost every time I see him and never, ever gets sent off. No matter what ****housery he gets up to. A genius of the dark arts. Shame he gets injured so often and has no right leg.

No accident for me that lamela and lucas both running a lot directly at the heart of the defence saw kane get three unmarked chances in the game, and son similar (he wasnt always found with a pass but had the run of the place.

The former two didnt play wide at all, they ran straight up the middle and even if the execution, decision weren't always right (frankly the two boys could be playing yet and no fear of either scoring) the space and panic they caused shook up huge space for kane and son.

Bergwijn shouldve been hopefully taking notes, because i don't think his end product quality is any better as yet

Bale is a different prospect. He cant do that all game so has to have an effect more often than not with the ball

Dele different again, as hes not great running on the ball but his end product is very ambitious (which is good for the team, which lacks direct/thrusting passes to dangerous areas, as long as we mop up the high percentage of turnovers he causes, mourinho hasnt had that balance yet)

Hojbjerg, ndombele and a fit lo celso should have enough to cover aurier, reguilon but if our attacking midfield give it away a lot its just too much.

Mourinho responded to reguilon injury by playing the full-backs as vital and packing our midfield with stodge, but when reguilon got injured he really didnt react to the fact that our remaining full backs dont contribute anything in attack so we became easy as piss to defend against.

Today didnt really show an answer to the issue that reguilon is our only quality attacking (or defending, frankly) full back nor to the issue that our second choice centre halves are all panicky and quite bad

The lack of a blend of ball retention, cover and actual quality output in the midfield might be solved against west brom but i didnt see too much today that would scare the average pl team tbh

Nice to get a win but learned very very little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its 3 points.

Lamela and Moura did well by running at the Brom defence, and Hojbjerg was outstanding AGAIN! player of the season ... and our best signing in years !

Nicely taken goals eventually , and we were a bit lucky that they didnt score , their big hulk of a striker gave Sanchez a bit of a runaround , especially in the air..

Anyway, nothing special, just the 3 points, which is what we would have expected.

Next game FA cup thursday night V Everton.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
Advertisement