Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Lamela starts which I’m delighted about. Away to Bournemouth is the perfect game for him.

No Son or Lucas so with that lack of pace I’d like to think we are going to try and dominate in their half at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Lloris (C), Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Lamela, Bergwijn, Kane

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Clear peno not given by VAR, who is looking at the screen. Mr Magooo. FFS

Glebee wrote: »
    Clear peno not given by VAR, who is looking at the screen. Mr Magooo. FFS

Yep. That delivery was the highlight of the game so far for Spurs. It is Bournemouth we are playing against yeah?

Lo Celso is not long for Spurs lads. He is clearly the most intelligent and technically gifted player on the pitch for us. Unfortunately no one will give him the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

This is awful,
    Can they even fcukin pass
    Can someone point Winks In the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Ball control is abysmal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I’m sure there must be a game plan but it’s just not obvious that we have any clue how to win this game. If we score it will be by accident or maybe a flukey penalty

Ormus wrote: »
    I’m sure there must be a game plan but it’s just not obvious that we have any clue how to win this game. If we score it will be by accident or maybe a flukey penalty

I’m not sure about the first part of that post Ormus.

This looks very similar to the first 3/4 months under Jose

I’m sorry lads, I know people like Lamela but he is awful and winks is actually worse,

• Advertisement

I’m sorry lads, I know people like Lamela but he is awful and winks is actually worse,

I just love his attitude, don’t think he’s good enough to be in the first team. He’s been no worse than anyone else this evening though. This game and the Everton game are probably both in my top 3 worst matches of all time along with Ireland v Egypt in Italia 90

Good God.

I wish there was people outside the stadium with load speakers booing, because that was fcuking abysmal from Spurs. Arsenal are going to give us a hiding on Sunday

Utterly vapid.

He’s been poor today yeah. I don’t think he should be a starter every week or anything. But I really do see value in him starting certain games like this or away in Europe.

Celso off and fcuking winks still on

Celso off and fcuking winks still on

Yeah we were too creative first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Celso subbed off, harsh.

Ormus wrote: »
    Yeah we were too creative first half

Lol

Ndombele looks to go forward at least

• Advertisement

F**k me. I actually laughed when that went in. Just typical. Varred off now but so ****ing predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It's just horrible to watch. If we were improving defensively you could at least justify the complete lack of an attacking identity, but we look dodgy as hell at the back when put under even a modicum of pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

­

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

If we were here for another 102 minutes we still would not score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Abysmal. He'll be gone by Christmas.

Id love to know whats going on at training because whats been shown since the return to play is we have no strategic planning whatsoever. No game plan, nothing. Hope there lining up something because this cant continue. Could you imagine the toxic athmosphere at white hart lane is croweda were allowes in. The clock is ticking for Mourhino i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I used to love any day where spurs were playing. put on my jersey open a nice cold bottle of beer in anticipation of an exciting game(even back in the days when we rarely qualified for Europe) now the anticipation is replaced with dread. we were playing on form at least probably the worst team in the premiership last night and not one shot on target. People talk about the lack of options mourinho has, nonsense. After last nights match I switched over to virgin 2 where they were showing last seasons champions league quarter final against city. The squad hasn't changed that much...in fact on paper you could argue mourinho had better cards in his hand last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I'm not proud to say that I saw this shambles coming a long way back.
    selling walker was the beginning, he went to a club that finished lower than us the summer he left, why? wages.
    Bit by bit our great side of 2015-17 was torn apart.
    The no signings windows, the pathetic wage ceiling, the absolute lack of ambition.
    Then getting Sissoko instead of Mane, then selling Dembele without a replacement.
    Then not backing Poch when he proved himself beyond any doubt.

ENIC have royally fúcked us again. It time for them to pack up.
    We're barely a football club any more, we're a property development firm, our home is an events center with a retractable pitch - WOW
    Hearing stories of a ENIC OUT fly past on Sunday, the revolution has begun.

LostArt wrote: »
    Abysmal. He'll be gone by Christmas.

the root of the problem is higher up the pyramid

Jose is just a symptom of the real cancer

Sissoko is no where near good enough for Spurs. He did show a big imporovement last year(which was not hard when he was so poor) but I just think hes a tank. Pure physicallaty and no touch.

I'm not proud to say that I saw this shambles coming a long way back.
    selling walker was the beginning, he went to a club that finished lower than us the summer he left, why? wages.
    Bit by bit our great side of 2015-17 was torn apart.
    The no signings windows, the pathetic wage ceiling, the absolute lack of ambition.
    Then getting Sissoko instead of Mane, then selling Dembele without a replacement.
    Then not backing Poch when he proved himself beyond any doubt.

ENIC have royally fúcked us again. It time for them to pack up.
    We're barely a football club any more, we're a property development firm, our home is an events center with a retractable pitch - WOW
    Hearing stories of a ENIC OUT fly past on Sunday, the revolution has begun.

Not a hope of ENIC leaving, arnt they about to start a big development project beside the stadium, much try and find a link. They could not give a flying fcuk about the team.. Its secondary. They have as much allegence to American Football and concerts as they do to Spurs.

Anyone see the press conference after the match???? Another shambles, Jose walked out saying he could not hear the questions being asked.

Reporter - Can you hear me Jose??
    Jose - No, and walks out.

• Advertisement

anyone see this train wreck ?
    nice little earner for ENIC no doubt

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1281513494785912833

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

the root of the problem is higher up the pyramid

Jose is just a symptom of the real cancer
    100% agree, but he's the wrong man for the job too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Ref for NLD is Michael Oliver and Mr VAR is Paul Tierney..Jose will just love this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I understand the reason people are saying ENIC out and if there was ever a time it was going to happen it was around the time that we were in the CL final. Perfect time to get the best price. New stadium and all the revenue from that. Team flying high and breaking Asia too. But people saying that they don't want to even be in UEFA, or whatever its called and ENIC out when we are the worst we have been is not going to happen.

I love mourinho but am thinking he is not a good fit. Kane for the first time I think is going. United and Chelsea have overtaken us. Beat arsenal and its a win at least.

I think I have to hold my hand up too, I thought Jose was the man but he is not
    I suppose we only have to look at Utd with Jose and Utd currently

Maybe levy could swallow his pride and ask pooch back, he is the only man for the rebuild required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

It's hard to watch Spurs at the moment. We can't really be thinking of sacking Mourinho, he has to be given more time.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    It's hard to watch Spurs at the moment. We can't really be thinking of sacking Mourinho, he has to be given more time.

Agree on that he needs to be given a season but Jayus it’s hard to see any improvement

Right gents. Make yourself a cup or coffee/tea, put the kids to bed and find 10 minutes in a quiet place to read this article.

https://worldofhotspur.com/the-sliding-doors-of-pochettinos-reign/

After reading it, you might decide to give the coffee a miss and go straight for the brandy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

Right gents. Make yourself a cup or coffee/tea, put the kids to bed and find 10 minutes in a quiet place to read this article.

https://worldofhotspur.com/the-sliding-doors-of-pochettinos-reign/

After reading it, you might decide to give the coffee a miss and go straight for the brandy.

Thanks for posting nothing there that we didnt already it's a bit early fo the Brandy maybe later!

Levy has slowly let the squad rot by messing up agreed transfers at the last minute and not supporting the managers.

Squad needs a rebuild I have no confidence in any of the defenders, and the goalkeeper will need upgrading on soon also.

Then as you move up the field there they are all aveage players or have been out of form for so long you would wonder if they want to be at the club anymore.

Look at how Utd are performing since arrival of Fernandes a player that could be in a spurs shirt now but isnt because of Levy.

Time to buy some proven players instead of filling out the squad with kids and cheap unproven players like Jack Clarke and Sess.

I started to type out players from current squad I would get rid of but there are to many would only keep 8 at most.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Reading through that is painful. It really does show how much the owners screwed up by not strengthening the squad over a period of 2 years, with 2018 being beyond a joke. It's no wonder Poch was sick of the place by the end, and while i don't agree with how he went about it, i don't blame him at all for wanting out (which i think we all know he did at the end). I'd take him back in a heartbeat, though i doubt he'd want to work under Levy again.

As for Jose, while i don't entirely blame him for our current problems, i don't think the style of football suits our squad. He's actually set us up pretty attacking at times, but there's no spark in the team. It's pretty much "send the ball out wide, hit a ****e cross, lose the ball". I think we are going to have a few bad years ahead of us, with many of the bigger players we currently have leaving, and us going backwards quite a but from the highs of 2018. I don't see Jose being able to change things with the current squad, without any notable signings this year (can't see it due to Covid and the stadium costs). He'll be gone within 2 years, and we'll probably have a roundabout of managers before setting on someone.

I suspect we'll get hammered today. Hopefully i'm wrong though (about today and the above).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

joeguevara wrote: »
    I understand the reason people are saying ENIC out and if there was ever a time it was going to happen it was around the time that we were in the CL final. Perfect time to get the best price. New stadium and all the revenue from that. Team flying high and breaking Asia too. But people saying that they don't want to even be in UEFA, or whatever its called and ENIC out when we are the worst we have been is not going to happen.

I love mourinho but am thinking he is not a good fit. Kane for the first time I think is going. United and Chelsea have overtaken us. Beat arsenal and its a win at least.

Love mourinho ?? Seriously . For 5 games he came in everything was rosy the players were all brilliant bla bla . That didn’t last long . Now it’s back to the Jose of his last year at man united . Long face ... all excuses one after the next. And that’s the way it will stay . He’s too negative now . Was a great manager but it’s hard not to think he’s yesterdays man . Here’s a good stat it’s prob been said already on here . For the first time in there 5 seasons in the premiership last Thursday Bournemouth did not face an attempt on goal . Says it all really .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

If Poch had stayed we’d be worse off this season points wise. You can’t make a silk purse etc.

Getting to the cl final last year has completely skewed everything in terms of where we are. Woolwich bottled 4th last year and we limped over the line too. Losing the cup semi to José a few weeks after beating them easily at Wembley was the sliding doors moment for the club and I suspect Poch felt the same.
    I would sell almost anyone at this stage

Tottenham: Lloris; Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies; Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso; Son, Kane, Lucas

Kiith wrote: »
    Tottenham: Lloris; Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies; Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso; Son, Kane, Lucas

How the fcuk does Harry Winks keep getting in the team, he is rubbish

Shot on target in first minute!!!!

Aurier mistake, goal Arsenal. Good hit by Lacazette.

Aurier you fcuking clown.

1-1. Shocking defense from Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Glebee wrote: »
    Aurier you fcuking clown.

I’d say we could have that in our personal clipboards at this stage. Sonny ! !

• Advertisement

Calamity Serge and Sideshow Bob are trying to outdo each other.

Advertisement