Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Dele to winks to everton to a counterattack

Sharpen up boys

Kane sheer force of will there to make that chance

**** sake

Was it hojbjerg gave that away for nothing again there again

Three goals tonight he has made bad mistakes on

And again for me lloris is avoiding that shot almost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

I thought it was winks that gave it away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Thought it was winks who coughed it up initially

Hugo again though. All of his weight is going backwards. If he literally doesn't move and stands up strong for the 1st and 5th goals then he saves them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,793 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

spurshero wrote: »
    I thought it was winks that gave it away

Yeah winks no 8. I said to the missus they’ll score from that and they did.
    Winks is a joke shop. Captain sideways ffs.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Thought it was winks who coughed it up initially

Hugo again though. All of his weight is going backwards. If he literally doesn't move and stands up strong for the 1st and 5th goals then he saves them

Yeah you're right.

Cheap as ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Weak from Hugo again

• Advertisement

Five goals tonight and if we just play competently at the back youd say only one is actually something everton earned

Thats clownshop stuff, and i have to say nothing to do with mourinho tonight

Lloris was strong for a while since returning from his injury but more and more hes a liability for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ndombele off, winks on
    Midfield falls apart

Mmmmm,

Imagine joe hart had started tonight and put in this performance lads

Our clearing headers are so weak, always drop the length of a wet sock

Clear the damned thing lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Kane for supposedly a world class striker misses so many crucial chances. He should have put us 5-4 up.

What the hell does winks do?
    What does he bring to the team?

He won the throw, took the throw, took the ball back from the throw, made the run and received the ball back to get that shot

Its harsh to criticise him tbh, the others stopped providing runs and service as soon as he walked onto the pitch

He won the throw, took the throw, took the ball back from the throw, made the run and received the ball back to get that shot

Its harsh to criticise him tbh, the others stopped providing runs and service as soon as he walked onto the pitch

Ah he’s also given the ball away multiple times, one which led to their 5th.
    He’s constantly muscled off the ball aswell.
    Dunno.
    Can’t see many positives.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Ah he’s also given the ball away multiple times, one which led to their 5th.
    He’s constantly muscled off the ball aswell.
    Dunno.
    Can’t see many positives.

Sorry that was re the kane miss!

Sorry that was re the kane miss!

Oh lol! My bad! Thought ya were defending the winks lad!

• Advertisement

Have to say id still take positives from this tonight, far better on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Neutral here.....great Cup game....Dele Ali doing well for a player who isn’t playing regularly imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Winks is stealing a living

Neutral here.....great Cup game....Dele Ali doing well for a player who isn’t playing regularly imo.

Haven't seen him contribute yet tbh

Winks has done four things

Lost it twice cheaply, once to lose the winner

Once kicked a pass to nowhere

There he kicked a volley towards the far end of the emirates

A horrible performance

Winks has done four things

Lost it twice cheaply, once to lose the winner

Once kicked a pass to nowhere

There he kicked a volley towards the far end of the emirates

A horrible performance

An absolutely shocking player.
    Don’t wanna see him for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Great game. I don’t think we deserved to lose, but sh*t happens.

It was a great dive

tom1ie wrote: »
    An absolutely shocking player.
    Don’t wanna see him for the rest of the season.

Problem is that we will. Plus now that Alli has had his 3rd clear the air talk they'll both be involved at the expense of players that could actually be positive influences on the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

I’d rather watch that and lose 5-4 than draw 1-1 with us sitting back. Shows the folly of relying on defensive tactics with that defence.

Good game

Doherty is failed experiment

Kane can’t take free kicks

Winks needs to be ran , terrible player

Apart from result I enjoyed the game, still can’t figure out how we concede 5

I thought doherty was alright tbh

Hojbjerg uncharacteristically let us down

Lloris and winks characteristically let us down

Still think at thirty minutes and one nil up for us to start fannying around passing it around at the back was really stupid.

Oliver Skipp absolutely strolls into that midfield ahead of harry winks lads

We have that to look forward to anyway

I thought doherty was alright tbh

Hojbjerg uncharacteristically let us down

Lloris and winks characteristically let us down

Still think at thirty minutes and one nil up for us to start fannying around passing it around at the back was really stupid.

Holberg to be fair is allowed one

Not sure skipp is the answer, (he is better than winks) but he is playing in championship and winks looked good against championship teams

Winks needs to put in the same exit plan as rose

Skipp is putting in all action central midfield displays for a team chasing promotion, and i think hes been voted MOTM several times

Not sure winks has ever imposed himself on a game over ninety minutes against any opposition- hes been living off passing the ball well against madrid one time several years ago

Dele, himself are eating and drinking off being english and homegrown, the media love to moan about them being out of the team but watch them either **** themselves or amble about when they come in

Lucas has over a dozen major honours in his career and 35 caps for brazil. When was the last time you heard about him not being granted starts?

Sure, his end product isnt what it should be but its some contrast even when not playing well, that guy shows for every ball, takes on his man and covers the pitch well.

The two lads, if they left Tottenham, would imo disappear bar a game or two a year from dele.

Get rid.

• Advertisement

Jose sounds pretty sick of bale too based on post match comments about his muscle issue

Ah well it was worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

There was a time when I would have been disappointed after that defeat, but now I just dont care anymore.

Jose sounds pretty sick of bale too based on post match comments about his muscle issue

Ah well it was worth a shot.

Frustrating thing about it was that game would have suited bale, open and a few good free kick positions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Disappointing, but jaysus twas entertaining.
    Its almost as if the last 10 years of Spurs were run over the course of 120 mins.

Just when we get ahead, and you feel a bit of hope rising, something happens and knocks you back ... 2-1....3-1 ...
    Then Spurs kick on again.... 3-2 ..... 3-3 ... Yes, this is it boys.. We are 'back' .....

Hey, hang on now Tottingham ..... 4-3 .... Yep, another set back. Here we go again... Ahh twas good while it lasted.

HEYYYY!!!! 4 fcuking 4 ..... YESSSSSSSSS ..... This really is it boys... "Come on yooooou Spuuurs" .... YESSSSS ...
    Its our year cos "Its lucky for Spurs when the year ends in One, We first won the cup when the century begun"

5 - 4 ..... ohhhh... thats it fcuking finished with them.... Fcking useless... ENIC out.... F*** them ...

Lloris - cost us big time again. 3 Goals .. All should have been stopped by the "world cup winning captain" ....
    Winks - hes shot... And his shot hit the corner flag.
    Son - invisible for most of the game.. Good corners, and great cross for Kane.
    Lamela - he was very good again - Yellow card tightrope as always, but thats him. Brings energy and relentless.
    Moura - plenty energy , and pace, will always run into a defender .
    NDombele - Majestic again. Just link so well between defence and forwards. Drop the shoulder and hes gone.
    Hojbjerg - covers a massive amount of field. REALLY really really 'unlucky' to have the pen given against him... Maybe a few errors this game - but i will forgive for that.
    Doherty - average, not as rubbish as usual , so thats good ?
    Davies- played well, plenty of over lapping runs.
    Sanchez - 2 goals ... thats about it ...
    Kane - handy goal, missed 2-3 good chances....
    Sissoko - the one lad that you wouldnt put on the wing and expect to get good crosses in. Yes, him.
    Toby - Average enough.

The quadruple is over. Just have to be happy with the Triple.

Handy one now on Sunday .
    Jesus im dreading it.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

absolute shambles
    we've been going backwards since 2017
    in terms of quality we are now roughly where were were in 2014 with Sherwood
    massive rebuild needed with a chairman who hates spending money
    its going to be a rough few years ahead
    fúck it

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Disappointing, but jaysus twas entertaining.
    Its almost as if the last 10 years of Spurs were run over the course of 120 mins.

Just when we get ahead, and you feel a bit of hope rising, something happens and knocks you back ... 2-1....3-1 ...
    Then Spurs kick on again.... 3-2 ..... 3-3 ... Yes, this is it boys.. We are 'back' .....

Hey, hang on now Tottingham ..... 4-3 .... Yep, another set back. Here we go again... Ahh twas good while it lasted.

HEYYYY!!!! 4 fcuking 4 ..... YESSSSSSSSS ..... This really is it boys... "Come on yooooou Spuuurs" .... YESSSSS ...
    Its our year cos "Its lucky for Spurs when the year ends in One, We first won the cup when the century begun"

5 - 4 ..... ohhhh... thats it fcuking finished with them.... Fcking useless... ENIC out.... F*** them ...

Lloris - cost us big time again. 3 Goals .. All should have been stopped by the "world cup winning captain" ....
    Winks - hes shot... And his shot hit the corner flag.
    Son - invisible for most of the game.. Good corners, and great cross for Kane.
    Lamela - he was very good again - Yellow card tightrope as always, but thats him. Brings energy and relentless.
    Moura - plenty energy , and pace, will always run into a defender .
    NDombele - Majestic again. Just link so well between defence and forwards. Drop the shoulder and hes gone.
    Hojbjerg - covers a massive amount of field. REALLY really really 'unlucky' to have the pen given against him... Maybe a few errors this game - but i will forgive for that.
    Doherty - average, not as rubbish as usual , so thats good ?
    Davies- played well, plenty of over lapping runs.
    Sanchez - 2 goals ... thats about it ...
    Kane - handy goal, missed 2-3 good chances....
    Sissoko - the one lad that you wouldnt put on the wing and expect to get good crosses in. Yes, him.
    Toby - Average enough.

The quadruple is over. Just have to be happy with the Triple.

Handy one now on Sunday .
    Jesus im dreading it.

Think this sums it up brilliantly to be honest well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Having seen the teams I decided it would be worth watching and, apart from the result, I wasn't disappointed. It was a cracking match and I didn't think we deserved to lose but individual mistakes/bad individual performances cost us the game. But imagine if we had of started against Liverpool and Chelsea like we started last night, they would have been different games. But if you offered me last nights performance to the likes of the ones against Wolves, Fulham, Arsenal etc. I know which one I'd pick.
    Their first and fourth goals came from us trying to play little triangles in around our box, just get the ball out of danger, down the wings. Toby's pass to Davies for the first goal was mad, what could Davies do that Toby couldn't do? Bad decision making.
    Positives for me were the way we started, the crispness of our passing (Moura's passing was poor), the movement, the actual effort most of the team put in. It could have been 3 or 4 nil before they scored. Individually Lamela was my MOTM (and didn't even get booked), NDombele was very good in patches and I thought Son played well and his corners were mainly excellent. Doherty played half decent, gives away a lot of messy frees in bad areas, but was an improvement on previous games (IMO). Negatives, Lloris should have done better with 2/3 of the goals, Winks was Winks (did absolutely nothing positive from the time he came on, his main contribution was causing the 5th goal) and I actually thought Kane was very poor. Taking that free kick from 40 yards out was ridiculous and would worry me about the amount of influence he has-someone (Hojberg) should be telling him to get away from that free kick and get in the box. Dele and Bale are finished lads.
    In fairness to Hojberg he was unlucky with the penalty, was not intentional. Sanchez brain fart of a push was a clearer penalty for me. I think he has a great engine, kept going and trying to push us forward and kept showing for the ball. Of all our players he is allowed the odd mistake, has been a brilliant signing.
    I think Jose didn't do us any favours with his substitutions. I would have had Sissoko on ahead of bringing on Winks or Dele. Dele and Winks provided no energy when they came on. With Sissoko I would have played him in the middle of midfield where he plays best. When he had his great season two seasons ago that's where he played and is most effective. Also think Reggie makes a huge difference to the team when he returns.
    Pity about the result but a great watch and would rather watch that than the previous drivel.
    Now Jose whats the plan for City, sit back (with that defence) and be destroyed or have a cut at them (it feels like a nothing to lose game to be honest). Think we all know the answer.

Good session today,” wrote Gareth Bale on Instagram, accompanying the photograph of him from Tottenham’s training pitches on Tuesday with a bicep curl emoji. When the post went live that evening, the Spurs squad were at their hotel on Merseyside and looking forward to Wednesday’s FA Cup fifth-round tie at Everton. Except that Bale was not with them.
    “Good session today?” thought José Mourinho. Bale had made clear to him that he was not feeling 100% and would not be able to travel but the tone of his public messaging was different. Taken to the extreme, it stood to back Mourinho into a corner at Goodison Park when Bale’s absence came to light.
    What we have long known about Mourinho is that he will fight his corner, he will seek to control the narrative and, very often, he will throw a few punches in the process. And so we had the interview after Spurs’s wild 5-4 defeat in which the manager provided uncomfortable detail to explain why Bale was not a part of it.
    Mourinho expressed his surprise that after Bale had been an unused substitute in Sunday’s 2-0 home win over West Brom, the player said he needed a scan on something that was irritating him, which took place on Monday. He was able to train on Tuesday but Mourinho wanted to make clear that Bale then got word to him that he felt he should work with the sport science team for the next couple of days. “I don’t think it’s an obvious injury,” Mourinho said.
    There has been little detail on Bale’s problem, except to say it is somewhere along a leg, and nobody knows whether he will be available for Saturday evening’s game at Manchester City. But the impression Mourinho got across was that, at the very least, he was baffled by Bale’s condition and, at worst, he wondered whether it was really that bad. To labour the second point – does Bale still want to run through walls for Spurs?
    It is all impossibly delicate, the situation framed by the romance of Bale’s return to the club from Real Madrid on a season’s loan, the yearning among the fanbase for him to roll back the years to when he was the Premier League’s most dominant talent.
    Mourinho is caught in the middle. He does not want to attack Bale in his press conferences – he knows he must not do that – but it has become increasingly difficult for him to hide his frustration at the 31-year-old’s fitness levels and performances.
    Remember the joy that Spurs supporters felt when their idol swept back into the club in mid-September? A group of them lined the entrance to the training ground as he was driven in to finalise everything, the sun shone and they allowed themselves to be carried away by the thought of Bale alongside Harry Kane and Son Heung-min in a lethal front three.
    The reality has been jarring and there is a reason why Mourinho has barely played Bale in the matches that count – he has looked fragile and one-paced, seemingly lacking confidence in his body. On the bad days, it has been as if he is worried about getting injured.
    There has been a touch of the Emperor’s New Clothes about it all – hard to accept that Bale has been stripped of his finery – although Mourinho’s veiled digs have become a little more regular and with the veil slipping more and more.
    Bale has been held back by a lack of football in recent seasons at Madrid, with the last one being the worst. When he rejoined Spurs, he had played only four times since 26 February. Bale needs trust and regular action to find his rhythm; the more he plays, the stronger and more resistant he gets. Plainly, that has not happened.
    How much does any of it bother Bale, the man who has won everything at club level, including four Champions League titles, and has everything off the field, too: a loving family, magnificent homes and nearly £200m in the bank? In terms of Mourinho’s machinations, the answer is not one bit.
    Bale endured far worse in Madrid, where almost everyone seemed to be against him. The club wanted him out but they were scared of letting him join a rival lest he come back to haunt them. It made no sense, though, when they stopped him from going to the Chinese Super League in the summer of 2019. The lines of conflict hardened, with Bale acting up at times – he felt trapped. It was messy. At Spurs, meanwhile, he is a popular member of the dressing room and the fans will always love him.
    Where does Bale go from here? He has an eye on the European Championship with Wales in June, although he would not be able to affect that in his current form. There is no option in his Spurs agreement for a further year and so he will return to Madrid where he is under contract until June 2022. He is unlikely to be wanted there any more than he is now but he would not be inclined to go on another loan.
    He is paid somewhere north of £650,000 a week under the terms of his Madrid deal and, if it is unclear exactly how much of that Spurs agreed to take on, it is understood to be less than the £200,000 a week they pay Kane, their top earner.
    On a worst-case scenario, Bale would collect what is owed to him by Madrid for a final year, even if that involved further stand-offs and drift. It is providing the sad postscript to a glorious career.
    (David Hytner - The Guardian)

all very true, I do think he is taking us for a ride

his eyes are on the Euro and he wont risk injury for that, he wants to train with spurs till them but not actually put in the effort

a sad end to a player I thought was brilliant, but lets not kid ourselves, he has form, the pre season he left he never played or trained with spurs

Very sad end, id actually ditch him now

i see also reports coming out that H Winks is acting out behind the scenes

all very true, I do think he is taking us for a ride

his eyes are on the Euro and he wont risk injury for that, he wants to train with spurs till them but not actually put in the effort

a sad end to a player I thought was brilliant, but lets not kid ourselves, he has form, the pre season he left he never played or trained with spurs

Very sad end, id actually ditch him now

i see also reports coming out that H Winks is acting out behind the scenes

Well whatever about bale acting the bollix the winks fella I just can’t get my head around.
    He’s a championship player stealing a living in a top 4 aspiring team.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

To be honest Winks was so bad the other night the thought crossed my mind was he deliberately brutal? Probably not but it was a disgraceful performance that in a lot of ways contributed massively to the defeat. We would have been better off had he stayed on the bench and someone else (Tanganga/Rodon) came on.

There's three guys in that team, all English, all came through under Poch and lauded (at the time, rightly) and all had large parts to play in Poch sacking and our current doldrums.

Jose needs the same chat with them he had with Rose

"What's the problem?"
    "I want games boss"
    "You aren't performing in games, I can't afford to play you in a team seeking top 4/trophies"
    "You're playing Sanchez/Sissoko/Lucas and they've been ****e too"
    "Then you should find it easy to improve upon their performances"

Too many players think the level is "the worst performer in the position I want". I'd love Jose to take them to one side and tell them the standard is top 4 of the premier league.

tbh, I'd love Kane or Hojbjerg to be doing it also.

Man City Vs Tottenham.
    Sat 13th @ 5.30pm

Out - Lo celso and Reguilon
    Doubts - Bale and Aurier.

yeh, cant wait to play a team who have won their last 15 games........

Well said Jose......
    The anti Spurs bias in the media is fcuking ridiculous at this stage !!!!

"Jose Mourinho has revealed he would not want to keep his runners-up medal if Tottenham lose April's Carabao Cup Final to Saturday's opponents Manchester City, but has defended the club's decision to sell merchandise for the occasion.
    Tottenham's online shop is selling flags, pennants, magnets, mugs and scarves branded with 'Carabao Cup Finalists 20/21', which has prompted ridicule on social media from supporters of rival clubs.
    It is Spurs' first domestic final since 2015 and they are aiming to end a 13-year wait for silverware.
    Mourinho's own brand is entirely about winning and the Portuguese has never been one to celebrate simply taking part.
    To emphasise that point, Mourinho offered to give away his runners-up medal if Spurs are beaten at Wembley on April 25 but does not believe that selling cup final merchandise is indicative of a small-time mentality.
    "I didn’t know about the merchandise," said Mourinho, who has won 12 of his 15 major finals.
    "I think we have a marketing [and] merchandising department that is responsible for that and I presume that's their job.”
    "I don’t know, maybe I am saying something silly, but I imagine that a very important thing in their job is to make money, right? So if you can make money selling something, [then] make money!
    "If you ask me if am I going to buy anything, I am not. If ask tell me, 'If you lose the final, what are you going to do with your silver medal?'
    "I am going to say first of all I think I am going to win the final, and secondly if you want my silver medal I'll give to you because I don’t want to keep it.”
    "But I think marketing and merchandising is about making money. Sell anything you can sell! When you go to Man Utd matches, how many sponsors they have around the pitch? They sell everything: they sell mattresses, they sell pillows, they sell shoulder supports or neck supports...they sell everything!
    "So probably they are doing very well. We have empty stadiums, an incredible stadium always empty. How many millions is Tottenham losing every match we play at home?
    "How many millions is Tottenham losing per month? We have to make money so we go to a final, try to sell some pins, some shirts, key-rings, anything. So well done."
    Mourinho's comments are timely, with Spurs having just appointed the club's first chief commercial officer, former NFL executive Todd Kline, who will start work in June.
    The former Miami Dolphins will be tasked with growing the commercial side of the club, including helping to find a lucrative naming rights partner for their stadium.
    Mourinho will be hoping Spurs can sell enough merchandise to raise funds for new signings in the summer but he is realistic about their limitations in the transfer market, particularly compared to City, who they meet at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, and champions Liverpool.
    The Spurs manager desperately wants at least one top centre-half but Spurs are unlikely to spend the £64.3million that City paid for Ruben Dias or the £75m shelled out by Liverpool for Virgil van Dijk.
    "I’m not going now to try to compare my situation with other clubs because the club was very open with me," Mourinho said.
    "I knew that I was going to come to a different reality. A big club, no doubt about that, not one second, but a club with a different profile in terms of being or not being a candidate to win competition A or B.
    "A club not being able to resolve problems with a cheque. And the club made the possible efforts in the summer to improve the team and I’m not complaining with anything, I just do my work the best I can and that’s it."
    (London Evening Standard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I'm going to be completely honest here. If anyone did a search of my posts (and not just spurs posts) I have been quite open that due to family issues I have been going through a bad time. Honestly I have received messages that really meant so much (some that I would never have expected a message from). In my life I take pride in trying to help anyone, even I know them or not and people have no idea how much a small thing could have such a major impact.

Now, I think everyone knows how impartial I am about spurs and probably rate them all 10/10 but also my job means I take evidence and determine an outcome. So, it appears that the person of denigration de jour as per Everton match is Winks. So I had a look at his season Stats. And here you are https://www.whoscored.com/Players/143990/Show/Harry-Winks

His player rating is between a high 7 and a high 6 for every match. And also if you put Winks in the search section above every week differs from.... Fcucking shocking to omg absolutely amazing. For example have a look at what people were describing him 2 weeks 2 days ago and 3 weeks 2 days ago.

I don't know what to say anymore. I love spurs. I love supporting them. I love our team. It hurts when we lose. But they are our team. I have never known bad times like what my family are going through at the moment, and just to be clear it's not me but other family members, but because of lockdown I have not been able to see them for over a year. So tottenham is the only constant and its something that is family too.

I'm sorry for being open I just wanted to explain and I'll probably delete this.

Fcuck this. 4-1 we will beat the Saudis. Anih...fcucilation

No excuses... No mistakes.. We are us and we are super Tottenham. From the Fcucking LANE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement