Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Joe youve a big heart and youre a big presence around here, i hope things pick up off-board for you

Winks- has played a few good games this season, never against good opposition and never when we were up against it.

Maybe he gets a seven against marine in an easy win, that isnt enough to demand a place in this team and his lack of desire and effort and quality have directly cost this team several times in the few games he has played (everton just the most recent but west ham is an example from back when the rot set in

Now this lad is tidy at best. He never unpicks a defence nor gets a good amount of goals like dele.

He doesn't bust himself covering ground and bumping fellas around like sissoko.

His passing actively kills momentum.

He gives it away a lot, he doesnt lead on the pitch and his skillset is limited.

He is spurs, he is gorgeous, he is homegrown.

If he was in the team on foot of that it would be a joke tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Winks is a bitch litt Dick, IMO. Jose should tell him to go play football with Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

joeguevara wrote: »
    I'm going to be completely honest here. If anyone did a search of my posts (and not just spurs posts) I have been quite open that due to family issues I have been going through a bad time. Honestly I have received messages that really meant so much (some that I would never have expected a message from). In my life I take pride in trying to help anyone, even I know them or not and people have no idea how much a small thing could have such a major impact.

Now, I think everyone knows how impartial I am about spurs and probably rate them all 10/10 but also my job means I take evidence and determine an outcome. So, it appears that the person of denigration de jour as per Everton match is Winks. So I had a look at his season Stats. And here you are https://www.whoscored.com/Players/143990/Show/Harry-Winks

His player rating is between a high 7 and a high 6 for every match. And also if you put Winks in the search section above every week differs from.... Fcucking shocking to omg absolutely amazing. For example have a look at what people were describing him 2 weeks 2 days ago and 3 weeks 2 days ago.

I don't know what to say anymore. I love spurs. I love supporting them. I love our team. It hurts when we lose. But they are our team. I have never known bad times like what my family are going through at the moment, and just to be clear it's not me but other family members, but because of lockdown I have not been able to see them for over a year. So tottenham is the only constant and its something that is family too.

I'm sorry for being open I just wanted to explain and I'll probably delete this.

Fcuck this. 4-1 we will beat the Saudis. Anih...fcucilation

No excuses... No mistakes.. We are us and we are super Tottenham. From the Fcucking LANE.

Joe

Hope all works out
    Your a breath of fresh air around here

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Joe sorry you're going through a bad time at the moment, hopefully things will improve. Stay positive.
    I think in the current climate we're all clinging to anything which is providing an uplift to us, and sport does that and Spurs on occasions this season have done that.
    I actually think anything could happen today. I still don't think City are as good a team as they were 2 years ago and they are without Aguero and De Bruyne. Having said that Foden and Gundogan are playing out of their skins so we need to try and limit their influence, easier said than done I know. Big game for Hugo, needs to make amends for Wednesday. I hope the team tries to have a go from the start, if we let them dictate and pile forward its hard to see it ending well. COYS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Dier and Davinson cb pairing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

golfball37 wrote: »
    Dier and Davinson cb pairing

:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Probably get hammered with that pairing.

Jose has dropped toby a few times this season and i cannot see an argument

The pace or otherwise of other options doesnt matter because they never do the right thing when they get there anyway

Toby for Rodon i could understand. Try and get the youngster bedded in with the team.

Toby for Dier or Sanchez, i don't get.

• Advertisement

City away is not the sort of game to be giving player experience. Also when did Tanganga last start a match? Unlucky Harry.

Its been an ok start

Nothing against tanganga, both other options are rotten and the lad debuted against liverpool

Strange he hasnt been more of an option but he has had an injury too i guess

Set up to defend that right flank today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Unlucky from Kane rocket off the post

Dont seem to have any plan in the final third of the field, lookjng fod somethinv special.

Ffs

Definity peno, clumsy tackle.

• Advertisement

Just once how bout ninety minutes without a moment of utter stupidity from a professional player in our colours

I mean is that a lot to ask

Hate to say it but effort is dropping already, hojbjerg looks like hes going to have a second very poor game in a row

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1360644025418719236?s=19

Davies has a handball shout against him denied.

If hed had an eye on the far post- his position- he wouldnt have been rushing over to risk it

Why are the basics so difficult for these clowns

Lamala is looking for a red card

Toss in bale for second half , I mean could he be any worse than Lucas, he can’t even pass to a team mate

Davies being targeted,

• Advertisement

Thing is its not all bad

The counter looks to have intent again, we look solid enough

If marking, tracking and *not* tackling could be sorted we'd have a platform

Now, the risky passing out of the back is a new problem and i cannot understand it.

Sterling roasting our full-backs. Good player but never looks as good as when he plays our switched-off wide defenders.

DM on for an AM, looks like were going to try hold out for the 1-0.

Glebee wrote: »
    DM on for an AM, looks like were going to try hold out for the 1-0.

Clearly a bad call :(

Awful goal

No track of a man that has scored goals for fun lately and the captain is again as weak as you would fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What did I just see from Sanchez there! Holy fûck.

Joke goal again. Let run and nobody holding the line and then when given the chance to deal with it he ****s himself

Keeper again weak

lol, he turned sanchez inside out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Bleedin Sanchez :o

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Id be jose out simply because there is zero point paying anyone 15m a year to manage idiots

If we keep jose levy has to get out of the way of recruitment and sign some top 4 defenders

Otherwise **** it, get rid of jose and bring in a youth coach and just promote the u23s because i could forgive them playing like this

Bale shows individual quality, ambition and drive

Been a while

• Advertisement

Cowards, to start playing now

Lesson reconfirmed
    Sanchez is muck
    Davies is not good enough

Lesson learned
    Bale can still play , start him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Because he was a record signing for 40m I am wondering is Sanchez the worst signing I’ve ever seen? I know Soldado and Rebrov didn’t work out either for big price tags but this guy is something else

He had a very strong first year and a bit imo

Thats why i think theres still potential there

Toby needs to steward our defence tho, no young player can learn beside dier

:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Looked like a tired team, short of confidence. In fairness to Holberg he needs a rest, he's played in a huge amount of games to this point. I know there is no natural/decent replacement but he still needs a break. My sense is that Jose will have alienated a lot of players with the way he has treated them- Toby, Doherty, Aurier, Bergwin, Sissoko and Rodon in particular. Last night was a good time-on the back of a tough,long match at Goodison-to start Rodon, Doherty, Dier, Tanganga, Sissoko, Vinicius and possibly even Hart. We weren't expected to get anything out of the game. Rodon not in the EL squad so when is he going to get a chance to play/prove himself, he can't be any worse than Sanchez. He has made some mistakes when he's played but has also showed some real talent as well. Fleeting glimpse of what Bale can produce but that's the first time we've probably seen that since his return. Dele is not fit in fairness to him but I think his body language says it all. Hugo is a big concern at this stage but Hart is not really a good backup. He really needs to decide now what his back 4 is and stick with them for a number of matches from here on out, all this chopping and changing is doing us no favours. Reggie and Lo Celso returning will certainly help no doubt.

I think if we could Reggie and le celso back into team

Rodon and tanaga (at right back) given a decent run

Let bale have a few games to prove himself

This would freshen things up

Loris looks like a man who knows he will be Paris next year
    Would love us to look at pope or Henderson

Best we can hope is for league cup and Europa league

Lucas, winks, Ali, Sanchez need shipping

Dier and sissoko squad players at best

Doherty , I d like to see him succeed but I can’t see it

Looks like everton, like many teams to have scored handy goal after handy goal against us this season, are in fact ****e

Leave mourinho in, sell that defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i think that Sanchez being tied in a knot, and then face planting into the grass, is for sure , the funniest thing ive seen in weeks .. .

"scarlet for him" .....

And we were rubbish.... again.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

we've fallen a long way in a short time thanks to the owners
    we're a mid-table team now so we should all be readjusting expectations
    I'm not really bothered any more, saw this coming in 2017 when we sold Walker and later when we didn't buy a player for 2 transfer windows.
    We were so close to dominating, just a couple of proper signings in 2017/18 would have done it but the owners sat on their hands when we were on the verge of something big.

Other stand out fúck ups would be:
    When we got Sissoko instead of Mane (wages issue)
    When we got Genson Fernandes instead of Bruno (transfer fee issue)
    Offered Villa 15mil + N'Jie for Grealish (insulting offer)
    Sacked Poch (cheaper option) instead of giving him the funds to build a new team

So we're in another slump period, reminds me of 2003-04, its just all part and parcel of the ENIC journey.
    I wonder how much Levy will get for Kane in the summer?

I wonder how much Levy will get for Kane in the summer?

I sold him to Man U for £135mil in Fifa ...... ?
    115 was their original offer.

So, Levy if you are reading this, i can drive a hard bargain!
    Ring me.

Easy in hindsight but there was a summer there (2018-ish) where alli, eriksen, dier, rose would all have fetched you huge money and tbh we didnt see much value out of them after that beyond maybe a season each (arguable even that in some cases)

Selling isnt always the bad option!

Keeping poch on but undercutting him by not clearing out the underperformers and getting in the players of his choice seems to be the accepted narrative now, but at the time i remember the story was that he could never agree on players to be added and was always defending the players he had.

Now, thats what made him a great development coach too so its not to criticise but he might have been very conflicted himself as to how to progress- that last few months he was frozen in place imo

pooch transfer dealings left a lot to be desired

he turned down tielamans at leicester (didn't rate him apparently)

wanted martial (fcuk me that was close)

purchased sanchez

actually fee was agreed for fernandes but pooch ditched him for dybala

if mourhino delivered two trophies (league cup and europa) that would mean two cups and back in the CL, would it be all that bad,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

In the summer of 2019 Pochettino said:
    "I'm not the manager, I'm not in charge of Tottenham transfers. Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino says he has no influence over the Premier League club's transfers and believes his job title should be changed from manager to head coach to reflect this".

None of the transfer failures are on him unless you think he coached them poorly

All down to Levy

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11773831/mauricio-pochettino-im-not-in-charge-of-transfers-maybe-spurs-should-change-my-job-title

yep he said all that, when things were starting to go t!ts up

he also said the two years before that he did not want any players

makes no difference really, we are still left with a pile of sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

pooch transfer dealings left a lot to be desired

he turned down tielamans at leicester (didn't rate him apparently)

wanted martial (fcuk me that was close)

purchased sanchez

actually fee was agreed for fernandes but pooch ditched him for dybala

if mourhino delivered two trophies (league cup and europa) that would mean two cups and back in the CL, would it be all that bad,

This is true.
    Throw in a solid defender and hanging onto Kane we might pull out of a slump yet.

I get excited watching games for sure, we shouldnt be making a call on the manager during the season

Levy must be feeling nervy himself at this stage with jose being a pet project of his tho

Levy will not sack him.

He cant afford to, unless there is a clause that hasnt been made public.
    Or maybe Jose would be very happy to leave by 'mutual agreement' for a negotiated payoff.

I think stick with Jose, and allow him get rid of the rubbish wearing our jersey, and leave him buy who he needs.

There's two arguments for sacking jose

- for 15m a year he is underperforming (unfortunately negated by us having to pay that to get rid)

- If not getting results, his football, management of players, approach is actually destructive

You can set that off somewhat by maybe saying he is the tough, unquestionable presence who will clear out the players that (somewhat encouraged by pochs style) seem to think that the coach is 100% responsible for their performance

Unfortunately Levy has a terrible record for offloading players- right now its more important to get rid not maximise value.

I cant see a case for sacking Jose except that hes doing a poor job!

I cant see a case for sacking Jose except that hes doing a poor job!

How can he be blamed for the constant individual mistakes being made in EVERY game ?

He can only play the players that are there?
    Hes trying all the players he has, and they are fcuking up !

HOW is that the managers fault ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement