Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

I totally see that case, i make it myself.

Playing in a style that almost ensures that we limit our own chances while begging opposition teams to come at us seems to me the worst possible approach in those circumstances!

But yes individuals on the field are a major issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I totally see that case, i make it myself.

Playing in a style that almost ensures that we limit our own chances while begging opposition teams to come at us seems to me the worst possible approach in those circumstances!

That was the tactic from the start of the season - We hammered Utd, and beat arsenal and City that way .
    BUT, the media had an orgy of "anti football" tirades, and some Spurs fans bought into it ....
    "its not the Spurs way"... "parking the bus" ... "tottenhams football history" ....blah blah blah......

We set up defensively, and counter attacked at speed. Hojbjerg and Sissoko minding the defence.

So, fast forward a few weeks of "Anti football" hysteria, Jose seemingly changes tactics , a wee bit because of poor player performance, injuries, and maybe even bending his ways because of the backlash?, and just leaves Hojbjerg on his own minding the defence.
    NOW, goes to 352/532 , to try attack a bit more, but now we are getting over run in midfield , and the players he choses/has to choose continually make errors.
    He then changes to 442 at half time to try settle the flow of the games, and still errors are being made.

So, what can he do then ?

I preferred the counter attack, give the ball to Kane, and hope Son is on a 'good day' , than the try go toe to toe with teams , as our players arent good enough to do that.

Anyway, we seem to be a circular club....
    sh1te -> great-> challenging -> fall apart -> sh1te -> great -> ....... etc etc.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s up to a manager to get the best out of those available to him or to play in a way that utilizes them in the best possible way that ensures they have the best chance of winning or being competitive.

What I saw against Palace, Wolves, Fulham and Brighton was neither of these things. Forget about City etc they are better than us, when we refuse to attack against weaker teams it’s on the manager no matter how bad the players are and they are bad.
    I would get rid in morning personally

Jose got full credit when his tactics had us overachieving with players we know arent all top half quality

Other teams spotted the tactic and started to use it against us

He now gets criticised for being outplayed and beaten/matched by managers of the calibre of roy hodgson, scott parker et al, who dont have great squads to call on themselves

Im pretty clear on not letting the players off, imo

Im just also clear that Jose is performing badly himself the past few months. His job is results, the players we have, all told and never mind errors, are better than our results

I think thats fair tbh man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i kinda agree with both of ye

I feel for Jose a bit because he has only two lads you could call defenders, reguilion and toby,

rondon and tanaga have potential, the rest are muck, so i say go with them 4 as our best foot forward from now on

he can only play with what he has, but could he manage them better possibly, can he stop individual errors, no, every single game we have lost we have contributed to our own downfall, even the city game

skip will come back a better player, id love to see young aarons come with him for RB

A NO nonsense CB (like skinnar) and sabitizer from Leipzig for midfield, all of a sudden we are a better unit

give bale 3 games to show if he wants it or not

its europa league or bust this season, league cup is winnable too as city will play CL semi final 3 days after that

Agree with all that charlie

Tbh if the season drags on much worse id argue to see mourinho and levy commit big time to the summer overhaul, play any youth with talent at all where the first team keep letting us down and build our home grown prospects

I think bergwijn, alli, winks might still have roles (squad or first xi) and should be told very baldly "every minute in the shirt from now on is flawlessly applied effort or you go in summer"

Sissoko, aurier, doherty, davies, lucas, lamela have shown their ceiling to be too low (either ability, consistency or fitness) and as far as i know arent even homegrown, they should all be shipped.

Skipp, sessegnon come back to fight for first team after good loan spells

Bale, dier and lloris are margin calls for me in different ways.

But essentially i think that mourinho has lots he could be doing now to show he is willing to commit to the players he wants and start building for life after the rest and instead he is sort of behaving as if consistency, squad building, development are nothing to do with him and that is a big worry

Agree with all that charlie

Tbh if the season drags on much worse id argue to see mourinho and levy commit big time to the summer overhaul, play any youth with talent at all where the first team keep letting us down and build our home grown prospects

I think bergwijn, alli, winks might still have roles (squad or first xi) and should be told very baldly "every minute in the shirt from now on is flawlessly applied effort or you go in summer"

Sissoko, aurier, doherty, davies, lucas, lamela have shown their ceiling to be too low (either ability, consistency or fitness) and as far as i know arent even homegrown, they should all be shipped.

Skipp, sessegnon come back to fight for first team after good loan spells

Bale, dier and lloris are margin calls for me in different ways.

But essentially i think that mourinho has lots he could be doing now to show he is willing to commit to the players he wants and start building for life after the rest and instead he is sort of behaving as if consistency, squad building, development are nothing to do with him and that is a big worry

winks is in the out pot for me, in fact he would be the first man out the door, totally overrated nothing footballer,

doherty id give one more season (but thats prob my irish hat on TBH)

I had forgot about sess

Im allowing heavily for homegrown.....i cannot see any sense at all in not keeping youth lads around as third choice

Thats where winks is for me- but look if money could be raised, or if he had any issue with that, id send him off to fulham or wherever would have him with his lowlights reels in his back pocket and promote the next lad.

Im allowing heavily for homegrown.....i cannot see any sense at all in not keeping youth lads around as third choice

Thats where winks is for me- but look if money could be raised, or if he had any issue with that, id send him off to fulham or wherever would have him with his lowlights reels in his back pocket and promote the next lad.

not sure if he would get into Fulham team

leyton Orient is his standard

golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s up to a manager to get the best out of those available to him or to play in a way that utilizes them in the best possible way that ensures they have the best chance of winning or being competitive.

What I saw against Palace, Wolves, Fulham and Brighton was neither of these things. Forget about City etc they are better than us, when we refuse to attack against weaker teams it’s on the manager no matter how bad the players are and they are bad.
    I would get rid in morning personally

You have kinda covered your first point with the second.
    "get the best out of them " - HOW ??
    "Play in a way that utilizes them in the best possible way that ensures they have the best chance of winning or being competitive" - Also HOW?
    Tell me how that could be done.

Tell me a manager that could improve
    1) Sanchez
    2) Winks
    3) Dier
    4) Aurier
    5) Doherty
    6) Lloris (due to 'performances since Poch got the job at psg ? Hmmm)
    7) Moura

And then you have lads like
    1) Lo Celso - injured
    2) Bale - doesnt give a sh1t
    30 Lamela - injured , great, injured....

So tell me any manager that would put them into his own team and improve them ??

Mourinho is working with a lot of sub standard players, that are making mistakes repeatedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Bottom line is were just got good enough. Take Kane, Son(when he clicks) and Ndombele (when he bothers his hole) out of the equation and we have nothing. Reguilon and Hojberg have looked impressive but I suppose we will break them as well. Bale is done. Sissokko cant kick a football right. Joe Hart as a back up goalie, no thanks. Just mediocre players around the camp it seems. 10 years ago yesterday we beat Milan away, now we sit mid table, 6 points behind West Ham and 2 point ahead of Arsenal who have been atrocious this season.
    I really thought that as a club we had move so far away from the usually Spurs settups that we had become used to in the 90s and 00s. How wrong I was.

Glebee wrote: »
    Bottom line is were just got good enough. Take Kane, Son(when he clicks) and Ndombele (when he bothers his hole) out of the equation and we have nothing. Reguilon and Hojberg have looked impressive but I suppose we will break them as well. Bale is done. Sissokko cant kick a football right. Joe Hart as a back up goalie, no thanks. Just mediocre players around the camp it seems. 10 years ago yesterday we beat Milan away, now we sit mid table, 6 points behind West Ham and 2 point ahead of Arsenal who have been atrocious this season.

that made me smile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

greenspurs wrote: »
    "Play in a way that utilizes them in the best possible way that ensures they have the best chance of winning or being competitive" - Also HOW?

1) Sanchez
    2) Winks
    3) Dier
    4) Aurier
    5) Doherty
    7) Moura

1) Lo Celso - injured

So tell me any manager that would put them into his own team and improve them ??

Mourinho is working with a lot of sub standard players, that are making mistakes repeatedly.

It's not up to people on boards to say 'HOW' to get the best out of a player. That's the managers job. I don't think Mourinho should be sacked btw. But he needs to get more out of the players also.

How to get more out of Doherty? Play him RW for example.

Id only say that we have seen every player on that list play better tbh

Every single one.

Some are not in a position that suits. Some are being asked to do things (or are not being corrected in doing things) that are plainly not suiting their strengths.

Its very clear to me that of the squad, a handful are playing to potential or close to it.

I dunno whether that will be taken as a stirring defence of the players vs mourinho, but in my mind it isnt.

Its just noting that when your players are below top class, some managers can still get a tune out of the unit and its not beneath any manager to try to do so between windows, mistakes and form or no

1) Sanchez
    2) Winks
    3) Dier
    4) Aurier
    5) Doherty
    7) Moura

1) Lo Celso - injured

They should play in a way that means we are not afraid to attack against the likes of Brighton and Fulham. I agree the players are rubbish but every one of them named and the others you haven’t named should be set up in a way that means they beat teams who would gladly sign any of them. Sitting back on a lead v Palace and Wolves was embarrassing but Brighton was completely unacceptable. Harry Redknapp or Tim Sherwood even would have delivered 9 points in those games.

Right then....

Mourinho out... (same way a lot on here wanted Poch gone !!?)

Ok then , new manager to come in ....
    Who would you lot then look for to "play in a way that suits the players " ????????
    Or who would "set them up in a way that means they beat teams that would gladly sign them" ??????

OR...

Mourinho should stay, but get more out of the players........

Its turning into the comments section of Talk sport....

No confusion on my part I dunno where you got I said he should stay and get more from players.
    Out and get someone in who can beat Palace, Wolves and the Brighton’s of this world is all I want at the moment. The players need to be shipped out to go up a level but that won’t happen overnight.

No confusion on my part I dunno where you got I said he should stay and get more from players.
    Out and get someone in who can beat Palace, Wolves and the Brighton’s of this world is all I want at the moment. The players need to be shipped out to go up a level but that won’t happen overnight.

Not you, others are saying he should 'improve' the players.

You want him out?
    Okay after paying the multi million payoff, Who would you like to see go in there ?
    (to work with the same players/improve them )

Not you, others are saying he should 'improve' the players.

You want him out?
    Okay after paying the multi million payoff, Who would you like to see go in there ?
    (to work with the same players/improve them )

A caretaker like Harry until summer then go after a progressive type like Leipzig dude. I’d even take Hasehutal or Eddie Howe ahead of Jose tbh.

• Advertisement

A caretaker like Harry until summer then go after a progressive type like Leipzig dude. I’d even take Hasehutal or Eddie Howe ahead of Jose tbh.

Harry ? Redknapp ??? :eek: :confused:

And people call Jose a dinosaur... :rolleyes:

Eddie Howe - 2 good years with bournemouth! Won nothing and still out of a job.

Hassenhuthl - Doing okay with Southampton - apart from conceding 9 goals twice in a season!

The only man that should be in there next is Brendan Rodgers.
    Simple as that.

Right then....

Mourinho out... (same way a lot on here wanted Poch gone !!?)

Ok then , new manager to come in ....
    Who would you lot then look for to "play in a way that suits the players " ????????
    Or who would "set them up in a way that means they beat teams that would gladly sign them" ??????

OR...

Mourinho should stay, but get more out of the players........

Its turning into the comments section of Talk sport....

tbh, and all due respect, its yourself here seems to be closest to ranting a wee bit

People are making much subtler points than you seem willing to engage with, and your responses are cherrypicking snippets in isolation.

Edit- for instance, i cannot for the life of me see whether or not you are mocking the idea that jose should stay and get more out of the players- how could anyone argue with that, like?

tbh, and all due respect, its yourself here seems to be closest to ranting a wee bit

People are making much subtler points than you seem willing to engage with, and your responses are cherrypicking snippets in isolation.

Edit- for instance, i cannot for the life of me see whether or not you are mocking the idea that jose should stay and get more out of the players- how could anyone argue with that, like?

Im pointing out some people want Jose out .
    Ok . . Fair enough, for what reason =
    a) Not getting enough out of players
    b) playing crap football

My point then , well he has terrible players to work with, making errors in every game. So, how can you blame any manager for that?

Reply - he should be coaching them better - Getting more out of them - playing a system that suits the players...

My point - But he has terrible players.

Reply - Jose out...

People are changing their reply to suit the argument.
    Its Joses fault that the players are terrible , nothing to do with the fact that the majority werent bought by him, and are very average?
    No, its because he cant improve them, or play a system that suits them !

Its just they typical revert to type , Blame the Manager scenario.

BTW - im not ranting, its questioning people on what they are saying.

Ok let's adopt your style

You want Jose kept regardless of performances, results or whether or not he can address issues on the pitch, and you just keep pointing at players mistakes.

15m a year and you dont want to hear he could or should coach?

Just shrug, "**** players m8" from one of the highest paid coaches in the world?

Ok let's adopt your style

You want Jose kept regardless of performances, results or whether or not he can address issues on the pitch, and you just keep pointing at players mistakes.

15m a year and you dont want to hear he could or should coach?

Just shrug, "**** players m8" from one of the highest paid coaches in the world?

So players arent making mistakes in every game?
    Im wrong?

Tell me what can any manager do with errors that cause goals??

Why should experienced professionals have to be told Clear the ball , Pass to a team mate , Dont head the ball into the middle of the penalty area ...

Basic stuff that you learn at u12 .

So if Jose cant coach them (a serial trophy winner) , who can ?

Thats what the "Jose Out" brigade cant answer me .

(i dont think Harry Redknapp was a serious answer ?)

Heh look man im not exactly praising players either during games or after, either

In the past day alone i think ive set out that theres ten of that squad should go in summer and jose should squeeze levy like a pip to make it happen

But thats not to say managers cannot influence what players do on the pitch.

Poch/kyle walker is an excellent example. Ppl talked like poch improved kyle walker, who was a disaster and an idiot to rival any we have now but had significant athletic strengths

Poch told kyle walker two things and kept telling him them- stay ten yards ahead of our defensive line, and stop leaving the ground when you tackle, use your pace to recover when you are caught out.

By concentrating on those two weaknesses that were killing the team walker was all of a sudden a 55m player (was he ****e)

Examples of this all over the pitch in pochs first few years (in the end they stopped listening, or he stopped caring to do it, and he was sacked)

I dont believe for moment that every player in that team doesnt make similar repeated mistakes, and i dont believe for a moment that mourinho has ever taken them to one side and told them "stop doing this or you dont play"

He has said himself on numerous occasions that he doesn't coach players actions he coaches their mentality.

Well unfortunately hes not in the space where that works yet because too many of his players are making mistakes.

He has to start there, and theres plenty he could be doing but he isnt.

Its not to let players off to say a coach is answerable for what happens on the pitch, and i dont believe for a second that all these players playing so poorly all at once can just be isolated from an analysis of how mourinho is doing.

His job is getting the best out of his resources, he isnt doing it.

Again- i dont see how you can take issue with that basic statement but then imply that other posters are operating on a talksport level tbh.

• Advertisement

And who would you put in there instead of Mourinho ??

Ps - talksport = Manager out ... Sack the manager ....

opinions make a good forum, thats why it works and we all have different ones

I think Jose should stay because the alternative options thrown out there at the moment are ridiculous

and I not having a pop at anyone

Howe- sweet jesus

Hassentaul - based on what a good run with a poor team in a strange season, they have now lost six on the bounce

Redknapp- he had his chance and blew a league winning season by flirting with England, he is also past his sell by date

Rodgers- seriously, the man has won a few trophies in scotland, was bombed out of liverpool and is now doing well with a decent Leicester side, but a manager to take us over the line, history would argue otherwise

now if someone told me Allegri was an option I d consider it

over the course of the last 4 years two very good managers have failed to get a tune out of 6-7 so called top class players. that in itself is a damning statistic

its time for a clearance sale, promote some youth, bring back skipp and sess and let jose purchase 4-5 players

i mean if one of the most decorated managers in the game cant get us over the line then we might as well forget about ever winning anything again

"those players are all terrible we cant expect better than 12 pts from 36" is not in itself a higher level of counter is all im saying man

Im not saying get rid of jose (like, tbh, i mightve done during recent performances when the blood was up!)

Id say, tho, that you couldnt make a great case against it, yours of "**** players" only goes so far. he has to deliver more than that excuse.

What id say, if i weren't already longwinded enough, is that levy has consistently bought flawed players (when he bought at all) and a squad that overperformed under poch is now underperforming under mourinho.

The problems are with all three elements there and if any one if levy, mourinho or the problem players left in the morning id not be weeping at the injustice for any of them.

Short answer to your question, who could do better with these players? Fair one, im not calling for mourinho to be sacked but if he went are there managers who could play better footballer, without alienating the squad, who wont make every interview an event, and not charge us 15m a year for the privilege?

Dyou know i think theres a few, yeah. Probably a few.

To dismiss hassenhuttl on the back of two results, given what he has done with Southampton besides, smacks more of reactionary than any spurs poster here deciding Jose isnt doing enough, for a start

For the record, this morning im jose in, levy to back him with quality and turn that squad over, but thats not based on jose doing fantastic work its based on him being there and it needing doing regardless.

To show that i dont exactly disagree with u tho, spur:

Leicester, Everton, Southampton managers are hard to compare to because they have recently run their recruitment and squad management operations *significantly* better than us

Im hopeful that mourinho exerts enough influence over levy to squeeze him over the summer, on that basis changing managers with this squad in place probably is indeed pointless

To dismiss hassenhuttl on the back of two results, given what he has done with Southampton besides, smacks more of reactionary than any spurs poster here deciding Jose isnt doing enough, for a start

Hang on now, im not dismissing him on 2 results.
    They have lost their last 6 games !!

Thats worse than our run !

• Advertisement

Do you think if Southampton had our squad they’d have done worse or better than us in matches against Palace, Brighton etc? Danny Ings isn’t Harry Kane.

Football London interview with Aurier.

Serge Aurier has admitted that he had to bite his tongue when Jose Mourinho was criticising him in the dressing room before a big Champions League match.
    In the Amazon Prime Video show All or Nothing, Mourinho was shown telling Aurier ahead of his first Champions League game as Spurs head coach that he was scared of the right-back giving away a penalty that VAR would pick up.
    Now Aurier, in an interview with Soccer Stories - Oh My Goal, has given his side of that dressing down in front of his team-mates before the match against Olympiacos.
    "In the past I would have responded directly, because if you're scared of me, you don't pick me," said the right-back.
    "If you don't trust someone, you don't let them deal with your stuff, right? So if you're scared of me, pick someone else.
    "So I was about to say, I swear, I was about to say it. 'Pick someone else!'"
    "I promise you, I didn't tell him, because first of all, the coach had just arrived. He needs to feel that the group supports him. If I respond, it's not good. It's not good for him, who just got there, right before his first Champions League game.
    "So there is also the pressure if I respond automatically, it sends a negative message to him. It means that if the coach talks to me I need to answer because he spoke to me in front of everyone.
    "He has the right to tell me that I suck in front of everyone, and if it's true I will accept it. He has the right to criticise me and to speak his mind and I have the right to respond.
    "However, I didn't respond because it's not the best moment, firstly, and secondly, in fact I grew up."
    He added: "In the past, because I was hot-headed, I would have talked back right away.
    "You see [my face at the time], I'm like this, I am processing it. No, to be honest, at the moment I was like 'what the hell are you doing? what are you doing to do? Do you respond or do you not respond?' But in my mind I said, let it go to cool down. There is too much going on around.
    "If you respond by sending a negative message. You see, the coach just got here, he trusts you already, so I let it go. It was nothing.
    "I would have said 'you're cute and all that but I came here from PSG, I had a reputation so I have to play'. In the past I would have said that. Many times I have accepted coach's decisions that I didn't like. In the locker rooms I was gutted. I knew that as soon as I went on the pitch everything was forgotten."
    Aurier, who has been a regular under Mourinho, also gave his take on the Portuguese as a coach and how he may have changed to become the person he is now at Tottenham.
    "Me, like you, I heard what people said from the outside but it's not the same person that I see here," he said.
    "I also think with the sabbatical year he took,he questions his methods. We are all humans, so questioning yourself is not bad.
    "Maybe he managed to erase his flaws. Today, regarding what I heard about him before, he is not the same coach any more.
    "He is a bit more with the players and he hangs out a bit more with the players and I like that."
    At Manchester United Mourinho reportedly clashed with Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial, but Aurier said you cannot apply other people's experiences to your own.
    "They are people I know well , personally, they are like family," he said of the United duo. "Today you can't compare what he did before and now. I'm mostly concerned with what's happening in the present and what's coming in the future.
    "Perhaps he doesn't have a good relationship with certain players and it hasn't gone well with others, but he is still a good coach.
    "I mean he won a lot of trophies. He is one of the best coaches in the world. So whatever you can say, no matter if it's good or bad, he has the CV to back him up.
    "Even if people say 'I worked with him and he wasn't good, he was bad and he said this..', you need to make your own experience.
    "You need to say 'okay, thank you for the message but I have to see it for myself'."
    He added: "What I hear from the outside and what I see when I'm with him, it's not the same thing. It's not the same person. You really need to experience it for yourself.
    "Imagine if you just listen to what people said, I would have started with bad intentions.
    "It's true that he was a coach who used to fight with the players, conflicts. When he spoke on the Amazon series, if I didn't have the will to make my own experience, I would have responded, I would say 'I judge you like that so I'm going to act like this', but now we need to have our own experience and have our own ideas. It's as simple as that."

Do you think if Southampton had our squad they’d have done worse or better than us in matches against Palace, Brighton etc? Danny Ings isn’t Harry Kane.

If they had our squad ? Then theyd be us ?!?

Lol fair enough i didnt know they were in that bad a run!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

I'm very much in the Jose out camp at this stage. I think for me he will have a season and a half with the club come the end of the season and, even if we were to win a trophy, I've seen enough of his tactics/team selections/indecisions/bad decisions/embarrassing messages in press conferences to want him out. For me Jose is all about Jose and that much hasn't and won't change, IMO.
    And this is not to say that some individual players haven't played poorly and made mistakes but lets face it every player makes mistakes in every game-defensive mistakes recently have cost us goals and games but Harry Kane (and others) miss chances that they should be scoring against Everton (for example) that equally cost us the game but its the defensive errors that are highlighted and talked about.
    For me part of my issue with Jose is that he seems to see more in the likes of Sanchez and Winks who nobody else sees (and haven't for a long time) and picks them ahead of other, better players in matches that they shouldn't be playing in. No issues with playing them in EL/Cara Cup games to rest other players but don't play them in the bigger games. Jose seems very indecisive in selection/tactics and his indecision seems to be getting worse as the season progresses. His treatment of some of the players e.g. Toby, has been bizarre.
    I would look to get in an experienced manager the likes of Allegri who would have to prove himself in the Premiership or an upcoming. progressive manager and I would be including Potter and Parker in that category.

Wolfsberger AC Vs Tottenham.

Our UEFA Europa League campaign gets back into gear this week as we face Austrian Bundesliga side Wolfsberger AC in the first leg of our round of 32 tie on Thursday evening (kick-off 5.55pm UK).

While the match is technically an away game, due to COVID-19 regulations in Austria, we’ll be playing at the impressive Puskás Aréna in Budapest, Hungary, before hosting the return match at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium next Wednesday night.

Wolfsberger are currently sixth in the Austrian standings, nine points behind third-placed LASK, who we faced in the group stage of this competition earlier in the season.

Serge Aurier, Sergio Reguilon and Giovani Lo Celso remain out, while Jose revealed that four younger players have made the trip to Hungary...

Jose: “I would say that Sergio has some chances for Sunday, many chances for the second leg. I don’t believe Serge Aurier can do either of these two, and, of course, Gio is not there. The good thing is that in the Europa League we can have 12 players on the bench, so you travel with 23 and all of them are on the bench. That is a good opportunity for some of the kids, and there is always the chance they can play. Dennis Cirkin is selected, Dane Scarlett, and the first time for Marcel Lavinier and Jamie Bowden, which is good for them and good for the others, it gives them a window of hope. Even if they don’t play, it’s a great experience for them.”

#PredictJose ..

Hart .
    Doherty tanganga Toby Davies

Mousssa Winks Moura Bergjijn

Alli Vini

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Rodon want included in the European squad. It's the same players as for the group stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Rodon want included in the European squad. It's the same players as for the group stage.

Poor fella, probably only misses out because of the 4-club-trained-players rule. I think there's only 3 that qualify under that, (Kane, Winks, and Whiteman), so the allowed squad size goes down to 24 instead of 25.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lloris (C), Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Bale, Lucas, Son.

Good to see Bale and Dele starting. Would rather have Son rested and start Vinicius though...not sure why he's not getting some time. He's looked decent when he's played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Need a positive performance this evening to put the last fortnight behind us. COYS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Kiith wrote: »
    Lloris (C), Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Bale, Lucas, Son.

Good to see Bale and Dele starting. Would rather have Son rested and start Vinicius though...not sure why he's not getting some time. He's looked decent when he's played.

When is reggie back?
    He makes a massive difference IMO. Happy to see bale in.
    Can’t believe winks is starting.
    Really think vinny needs game time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jose said he might be back for the weekend, but wasn't available today.

Rodon was a last minute, for the future buy and im not overly concerned he doesnt have a full squad place settled yet

Its a sign of our weakness at centre half that his name keeps coming up, but the solution isnt going to be throwing in a young lad imo

Far post already abandoned to an alarming extent

Dele giving out to son for not playing him through:

- dele kept in a direct line between son and the one defender, didnt hold or change his run to make the pass

- when son had manouvred to an angle, dele had run offside

I still expect to see spurs twitter claiming he was wronged

Beautiful goal from Son

Dele with a genius chest in a previous buildup too

Dele with audacious megs by the sideline in the box to create a chance

Maybe hes gonna show us his stuff tonight- hope so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Nice goal from Bale

Beautiful, like old time that spread and sting attack down the right and a lovely finish

Nice to see the gulf in class actually show

• Advertisement

Should be 2:1 back post absolutely abandoned again

Advertisement