Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Baaaale dele lovely

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dele and Bale need to start at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

joeguevara wrote: »
    Gareth Bale will score a hatrick tonight.

5 nil. What a game it will be.

Is Joe going to be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Davies is at his level against these guys again, winks likewise.

Where does that leave Dire then

Doherty will get a second yellow yet

No brains

Well he is a dub 😁😜

(I’ll get my coat)!

• Advertisement

Where does that leave Dire then

I dont want to harp on about dier but he wouldnt make these lads xi tbh

What defender came off there?

Toby booked now

Cmon lads ffs use the heads

Here come the youth, nice one

Good to get the young lads on, even if its only for 10-15 mins.

• Advertisement

Vinny for 4!

Viniscius is one of my favourite players this year. Bale is back I think.

Scarlett with a neat foot in there when many of our senior lads just foul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Was impressed with Scarlett's few moments since he's come on so googled him, as i've not heard of him before - and I see he's only 16! Bloody hell!

8-1 on aggregate was not the story of those two matches but nice to see a cutting edge again

Defence is miles, miles off where it has to be tho

Good win. Think Jose is going to focus on this and the league Cup.

8-1 on aggregate was not the story of those two matches but nice to see a cutting edge again

Defence is miles, miles off where it has to be tho

In what way. Apart from 20 minutes in the first leg we completely blitzed them.

8-1 was the least it could have been.

In what way. Apart from 20 minutes in the first leg we completely blitzed them.

8-1 was the least it could have been.

a more clinical team (especially what we will meet in later rounds) would have scored a few tonight

They could have gone to 3:2 for the width of the line and had two or three very clear chances in the first leg before we scored again

Tonight i thought they could have knocked in two handy enough and dier shouldve gone at 1:0

a more clinical team (especially what we will meet in later rounds) would have scored a few tonight

Agreed, but was discussing the two legs and 8 1 win. Thought we deserved the 8 1 aggregate win at the minimum.

• Advertisement

If we won the league Cup and uefa but finished midtable what would people think?

Success or failure?

A disappointing success!

The league is the measure of progress imo but especially the europa league and cl qualification would make up for one bad league season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

If we won the league Cup and uefa but finished midtable what would people think?

Success or failure?

Success . We haven’t won a trophy in 13 years . We finished top 4 nearly every year under poch but ya only remember trophies IMO. But we would want to be a lot better in league next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Success or failure?

100% Success for me anyway. Id be happy with 1 trophy this year never mind 2. Cant see how we are going to beat City though, they are flying.
    Alot of better teams left in Uefa cup as well. :(

Glebee wrote: »
    100% Success for me anyway. Id be happy with 1 trophy this year never mind 2. Cant see how we are going to beat City though, they are flying.
    Alot of better teams left in Uefa cup as well. :(

How about a semi final uefa, league Cup win and mid table. I'd be gutted and would be a failure for me.

I think that we will have two cups at the end and will be about half way down the table. Jose will not care about the league if he is setting up everything for the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Nice win against a limited side to be honest.

I cant really comment on the full game, as i fell asleep during half time, and woke up with the score at 4-0 and my family asking me "are ya enjoying the match" ....
    :)

I can recommend watching games while asleep though :)

great to see Alli show a glimpse of his former self , yes limited opposition but a great piece of skill for the goal.
    great finish from Bale too, and after i spent most of the first half complaining about Vini not controlling/holding up the balls being played into him , i woke up to find he had scored 2 !!

Nice to see the teenagers getting a run out also.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Bale seems to be heading in the right direction, effortless finish, hopefully he can keep up and build on this form. For me Lamela has been our most consistent/best performer since his return to the team. Brilliantly taken goal from Ali that should do his confidence the world of good. Think Jose is backing himself into a corner by saying that he is back to his best. On that basis he almost has to start him next game and then if he has to take him off at half time?? I hope I'm wrong but I think his 15 minutes against West Ham was more indicative of where he currently is when playing decent opposition.
    I think we have as good a chance as anyone of winning the EL, yes we will concede but we will score goals against any team if the likes of in form Kane/Son/Bale turn up.
    I think its too early to speculate on the League cup, to some extent it might depend on injuries etc. at the time. Also someone mentioned that City may have a CL semi 3 days later if they get that far. And we have as good a record against City than most teams so I wouldn't say its beyond the team to beat them on a given day.

The draw for the next round of the uefa Cup is tomorrow. No restrictions on what team we can face and there is some giants left. Actually not some, loads. United, arsenal, leicester, ac, ajax, napoli, Bayer levarcusen(?) and villa Real. S well as the mighty spurs.

No easy ties but the others are equally scared.

We have a great mid and attack. The team last night was very good.

But the defence is weak. But Jose is a master of the cup format. Bale is nearly there and Kane and son in the pocket. If delli has a turn in fortunes I will be raring to go.

I think our issues are rather more how the ball gets to our attack tbh, its very pedestrian and it makes us easy to mark out of games- the attack itself is certainly good enough

Lamela, Dele, Bale are important to have and on form because they try things that our other lads dont, even against a packed defence- but they each have issues with either form or fitness

If those issues aren't there, they are super options

• Advertisement

Lovely goal from Dele Alli last night but Bales strike for the goal was a beauty as well.

Could you imagine a team of Kane, Son, Bale, Dele Alli, Moura, Ndomblele catching fire and backed up by a competed defensive unit....
    We would be more than a match for many teams. All up to Jose to "man manage" these players to get them going. Leave the coaching to the coaching staff and maybe thats where our problems lie. Does anybody ever hear much about the actual coaches??

I think its pretty key tbh

Anyone see jose on the netflix show about coaches last year? He made it absolutely clear he wasnt about teaching the worlds top players how to kick a ball or mark a man, he considered that a total waste of the manager's time.

He was there to set standards, mentality, ensure the team was served ahead of any individual, to win

Now i see his point, but i also worry that this means that we cannot get the best use out of him and he cannot get the best out of our players

Because too many of them need to be told again and again how to do the basics.

Poch was happy to do that but was he building a weakness into the players as a result?

im beginning to think so

Rangers in the next round then

Rangers in the next round then

Anybody but United

10 years ago today, Dean Richards passed away.

73 apps + 4 goals. Rip Deano.

We will get them. Wont we.
    If we do we will be playing them 3 times in one week !?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

last game against them was fairly handy

greenspurs wrote: »
    We will get them. Wont we.
    If we do we will be playing them 3 times in one week !?!?!?!

No they will get Utd

A lot of mediocre teams left in it as well. Actually dont want Ajax either. They owe us one

Well sure, us included

Dinamo Zagreb away. Happy enough with that.

United vs Milan, very tough.
    Arsenal against Olympiacos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Dynamo for the win.

Could be worse ..

Kiith wrote: »
    Dinamo Zagreb away. Happy enough with that.

United vs Milan, very tough.
    Arsenal against Olympiacos.

Ill take Zagreb. Utd will have no probs with Milan, there not a patch on what they were. Arsenal have a tricky tie.

Glebee wrote: »
    Lovely goal from Dele Alli last night but Bales strike for the goal was a beauty as well.

Could you imagine a team of Kane, Son, Bale, Dele Alli, Moura, Ndomblele catching fire and backed up by a competed defensive unit....
    We would be more than a match for many teams. All up to Jose to "man manage" these players to get them going. Leave the coaching to the coaching staff and maybe thats where our problems lie. Does anybody ever hear much about the actual coaches??
    I think its pretty key tbh

Anyone see jose on the netflix show about coaches last year? He made it absolutely clear he wasnt about teaching the worlds top players how to kick a ball or mark a man, he considered that a total waste of the manager's time.

He was there to set standards, mentality, ensure the team was served ahead of any individual, to win

Now i see his point, but i also worry that this means that we cannot get the best use out of him and he cannot get the best out of our players

Because too many of them need to be told again and again how to do the basics.

Poch was happy to do that but was he building a weakness into the players as a result?

im beginning to think so

Great points lads....

Looking forward to seeing us pushing on from Wednesdays win. Two teams are off form in the league but Jose should go all out for the win. Love if Viniscius and Bale join Kane and son to start. Predicting 3 or 4
    To 1.

Need a win desperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

EvUJPmGXAAsQIMc?format=jpg&name=large

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Have a good feeling about today's game. Think Lamela is unlucky not to start but good to see Bale start, hopefully he can continue with the form he has shown in his last two games. Think Moura is lucky to start. Yet again Sanchez is accommodated, which means Toby playing left side of the CB pairing when his preference is on the right side. Rodon not even on the subs bench, not looking good for him at this stage, think Jose has treated him disgracefully to this point.

I really think Dele should have been given a start.

Goal for Bale? Yes it is! :D

What is this feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Just in from a walk and I see we are 1 up! Better not defend all game now. We need a good win today

• Advertisement
Advertisement