Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup 2020 : 12 Picks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Banner fights back

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    PGA has confirmed that the Ryder Cup has been postponed until 2021.

I think that’s the right decision.

Had the Ryder cup got the go ahead this September then I really feared of big defeat for Europe. Some of America's big players were playing great again, and while it was good see Poults and Justin Rose playing much better golf again, ominously from Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Bryson de Chambeau, Webb Simpson and even Daniel Berger and of course not forgetting Tiger, this might have been a task too many for Paddy and the European team.

It appears that the rescheduled Irish Open will take its place on the golfing calendar from September 24th, covid 19 permitting of course with Mount Juliet set to host the tournament as was planned when the championship was postponed earlier in the year due to the coronavirus.

It looks like the 2026 Ryder cup, due to be held at Adare manor, will be pushed to 2027.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Cant see why they dont do a genuine postpone, rather than a half cancellation which is what this is. And still have one in 2022 as well as 2021. Like they should have had 2003. That would leave the planned ones in the same years, and we wouldnt be losing out on another half one.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭roverjoyce

Cant see why they dont do a genuine postpone, rather than a half cancellation which is what this is. And still have one in 2022 as well as 2021. Like they should have had 2003. That would leave the planned ones in the same years, and we wouldnt be losing out on another half one.

The cancellation actually works out for the best

It will mean there will be no clash with the Olympics after next year leading to a better schedule for both events

Advertisement