Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial grass

• 16-04-2020 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking at taking up the decking out back as it gets crazy slippy in winter and replacing it with artificial grass. Kids are looking to play out the back now more with this lock down, also want something that won't get destroyed in winter if they want to play outside. Any tips/ suggestions? All advice welcomed!
    Cheers

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Cover the decking with artificial grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sorry for jumping in on the thread but iv been toying with this idea for a while , Do you know anyone who's had it done does it look well ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

My neighbor did it with pallets and some spare board's.
    I have decking and will do it When i get the right price. My decking it not Square so it will cost a lot for the good stuff.

Aldi have 4 meters for €39.99. but it isn't that thick. The good stuff will cost 30 a square meter.

If its just to cover old decking the aldi one could do, but if kid's are diving around on it you would need a thicker pile.

Advertisement