Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howard Finkel RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Aaaannnd NNNNEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW World Wrestling Federation champ E on ........

No one has ever said it better. Ever.

I remember when WWE cane back to Dublin did the first time in years for Tour Of Defisnce in 2005 Fink was first through the curtain. What a pop he received.

A bona fide legend. Himself and Mean Genes voices together again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

compare him to justin roberts etc, its night and day the difference between them, The Fink added something to the matches he announced, nowadays any one can be an announcer and it makes no difference to the match etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno how often I used to get The Fink and Mean Gene mixed up back in the day.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

As recognisable a wrestling voice as Monsoon, Brain, JR or anyone, part and parcel of the fabric of wrestlings golden age, sad news indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Saddened to hear this news. He was the GOAT wrestling ring announcer and it was never quite the same when he was retired. It felt very special whenever he'd make a one-off return. Feels like Vince and Jesse are the only voices remaining from that 80s era now, as far as the iconic voices go.

• Advertisement

'It is now time, for the Royal Rumble match.'

Always remember everyone in the room shutting up and paying attention, despite knowing the rules already. He was, in my opinion, one of the best ring announcers of all time, and I include other sports in that aswell. He had a fantastic voice.

He added to the atmosphere so much.

Advertisement