Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airports still open?!?

Options
  • 16-04-2020 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Random people from all over the world can come into this country via the airports, where is the outrage over the risk this poses to lives??

And yet if you go further than 2km from your house or go sit in a park not bothering anyone, you are a [pick from list of all sorts of vile expletives] who is putting lives at risk

If you have relatives over to your house (who, presumably, just like you, are isolating in their house and then going back to isolate at home after they leave your house) you are again, the scum of the earth who puts lives at risk and are yourself at risk of having the gards called on you by your neighbour, who is egged on by many (on forums etc), to do so!

This seeming lack of concern about the airports, coupled with hysterical outrage over people leaving their homes is cognitive dissonance and utter hypocrisy at its worst. In my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is that you, Gemma?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Please just put this thread out of its misery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Juicee

Please just put this thread out of its misery now.

Are you concerned about airports at all yourself? Why do you want to stifle conversation on the issue???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi ya Gemma, check on Twitter, Dublin Airport already replied to you (and slayed)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Juicee wrote: »
    Are you concerned about airports at all yourself? Why do you want to stifle conversation on the issue???

Because its been shown by even the DAA that most planes arriving are cargo planes carrying vital equipment to keep the country alive.

A bit of investigation would have shown you that but you went straight in like a bull to a red flag.

• Advertisement

Because its been shown by even the DAA that most planes arriving are cargo planes carrying vital equipment to keep the country alive.

A bit of investigation would have shown you that but you went straight in like a bull to a red flag.

So why don't they ban all but cargo planes?? You have no point here.

What about an Irish doctor returning from Australia to provide essential services here?
    I want him/her here if that is ok with you.

What about scientists?

What about someone coming home to Ireland, who goes straight into a 14 days self isolation period?

Stop making drama when there is none there.

also, how do you feel about the random people from normal commercial flights coming into the country? Are they risking lives in the same way people going 2km fromo home are?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have you any idea of the numbers of passengers coming in through airports, and their purpose of travel?

A few actual statistics would help bolster your argument (whatever that is), rather than vague hysterical generalisations.

amdublin wrote: »
    What about an Irish doctor returning from Australia to provide essential services here?
    I want him/her here if that is ok with you.

What about scientists?

What about someone coming home to Ireland, who goes straight into a 14 days self isolation period?

Stop making drama when there is none there.

What about the fact that theres no controls around any of that?? not concern you at all?? I mean if you are up in arms about >2km people, surely you should feel similar about uncontrolled air passengers entering the country???

• Advertisement

also, how do you feel about the random people from normal commercial flights coming into the country? Are they risking lives in the same way people going 2km fromo home are?

That is a big jump, from airports being open to random people coming in.

Check DAA's thread on twitter. All your questions have been answered. The airport is practically EMPTY at the moment.

What about the fact that theres no controls around any of that?? not concern you at all?? I mean if you are up in arms about >2km people, surely you should feel similar about uncontrolled air passengers entering the country???

OMG calm the heck down. I am going to go dig up the twitter thread for you

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Have you any idea of the numbers of passengers coming in through airports, and their purpose of travel?

A few actual statistics would help bolster your argument (whatever that is), rather than vague hysterical generalisations.

Simple fact as I said is its not controlled. Are you claiming theres no one coming in? What amount is acceptable to you, before you become as outraged as you (I assume) would about >2km people??

amdublin wrote: »
    OMG calm the heck down. I am going to go dig up the twitter thread for you

whats that got to do with anything?? why not just address the points I've made and leave someone elses claims or statements on twitter out of it. Nothing to do with me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Simple fact as I said is its not controlled. Are you claiming theres no one coming in? What amount is acceptable to you, before you become as outraged as you (I assume) would about >2km people??

So can you tell me how many passengers came in, say in the last week, through airports?

I might be able to get outraged if I had some actual numbers to concentrate on. The vague hysteria, and questions-as- answers doesn't really do it for me, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Random people from all over the world can come into this country via the airports, where is the outrage over the risk this poses to lives??

And yet if you go further than 2km from your house or go sit in a park not bothering anyone, you are a [pick from list of all sorts of vile expletives] who is putting lives at risk

If you have relatives over to your house (who, presumably, just like you, are isolating in their house and then going back to isolate at home after they leave your house) you are again, the scum of the earth who puts lives at risk and are yourself at risk of having the gards called on you by your neighbour, who is egged on by many (on forums etc), to do so!

This seeming lack of concern about the airports, coupled with hysterical outrage over people leaving their homes is cognitive dissonance and utter hypocrisy at its worst. In my opinion.

Hysterical outrage about cargo flights and a few emergency travellers maybe coming to a funeral is hypocrisy at its worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Last week there were 2 people on a flight for New York and 4 on the return trip, the airport is effectively shut. Most are cargo flights, people see a 777 land and automatically assume its full of passengers but it’s not, please see DAA below.

https://twitter.com/dublinairport/status/1249990114274574336?s=21

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry, but threads designed to troll are not allowed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement