Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truth about traveller crime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

. And I have no sympathy at all, when I look at non Travellers who seem to have no choice but to have a totally curtailed funeral, and observe the rules even if they are heartbroken.

Yeah...what about this ? This needs answering. Irish times full of stories about people watching funerals though Zoom etc ... will they comment on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Ah I can smell it now, the last acceptable form of racism left in Ireland is rife here. Some stench

Racism implies saying something negative that is not the truth.

In this case, it isn't racism, as it isn't untruthful to say that crime is higher among travellers.

That is the simple truth.

People can dance around it as much as they like, ignore it, pretend it isn't there.

But the next week, month, year, there it is, staring you in the face, the truth.

It can't be excused away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Traveller women I have time for.

Traveller men, and the SJW who defend and justify their medieval ways, I have no time for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Now are 70 armed gardai on standby for that funeral due to chronic discrimination or due to chronic criminality in the travelling community?

Obviously they are there to stop any of the settled community running in and dumping their rubbish in the halting sites while the travellers are at the funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

10fathoms wrote: »
    "A highly respected member of the Travelling community"
    I'll be laughing til Tuesday at that opener.

He showed you the height of respect on the DVD he taped onto YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ah I can smell it now, the last acceptable form of racism left in Ireland is rife here. Some stench

Against which race?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

How can one legally become a Traveller in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

sasta le wrote: »

Be born a scumbag with a working micky.

No other parts of you will need to work.........ever!

Im serious they get special status its even in some forms etc for college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Your parents must be related, you have more than one birth cert and have an ethnic surname....

• Advertisement

Im serious they get special status its even in some forms etc for college

You mean further education?

Yeah once or twice it happened.

Apparently one of them did a Phd in discrimination or somesuch..

Now we have an educated whinger! Marvelous.:rolleyes:

No Doctors or Engineers with this crowd. No way Sir!

Oh Dr Sindy Joyce.i follow her on Twitter never once has she called out the wrongs or current affairs of her community....Oh and they are not travellers anymore they are Minceir...

Oh Dr Sindy Joyce.i follow her on Twitter never once has she called out the wrongs or current affairs of her community....Oh and they are not travellers anymore they are Minceir...

Not a Medical Doctor on the front lines, saving peoples lives or anything like that.

Worthless. Like all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Funny isn't it, I thought the whole point of law was so that everyone is treated in equal measure come naughty or nice. Well, that's no more than a fantasy now, if it was ever anything but.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You're more concerned with smelling your own smug self satisfaction

Sindy Joyce, PhD in grievance studies from UL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

So if you happened to be born with two traveler parents instead of your own parents you'd be the exact same? Kind of makes you a **** to have such bitterness against people who had no choice into meeting the criteria for membership then, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I’m no fan of the travellers but the amount of air time they get for the size of population

You have huge sections of Dublin and major cities which are just a big s**thole full of scumbags, running drugs, shooting people, robbing cars etc and not a word is mentioned

When one of them is shot you get thousands of messages about he/she was a lovely person and came from a lovely family

Maybe when discussing the traveller it might be worth discussing all the scumbags and how to resolve them all.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

No concept of people taking some responsibility for themselves.

If Travelers behave like this and disregard social distancing and this results in large outbreaks among their group then they have to take responsibility.

No hand wringing or complaining from Pavee Point, they are adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

If Travelers behave like this and disregard social distancing and this results in large outbreaks among their group then they have to take responsibility.

They ARE adults. They WERE children. And a much higher proportion of them had a ****ty childhood than people in the settled population.

There is not a much higher number number of travelers in the prison population proportionally, or a much higher proportion of suicides among travelers because settled people are somehow better than them, as many here seem to believe. Nor do people "choose" to live lives filled with violence, anxiety, depression, shame, feelings of inferiority (despite people's assertions "but they're proud of it!" or "culture!")

It's comforting to tell yourself that you have been "successful" and are a good member of society because you have taken responsibility for your own life, but more often than not, it's down to things you had little control over (genetics, upbringing, positive relationships throughout your life, luck etc...)

I'd strongly urge any of the "they are all scumbags" brigade to take a few minutes and watch this video. Excuse the cheesy American production and watch it at face value. Things aren't as black and white when it comes to crime, and groups that see a higher prevalence of violence in them.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8p4pvPd0SRQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    It's comforting to tell yourself that you have been "successful" and are a good member of society because you have taken responsibility for your own life, but more often than not, it's down to things you had little control over (genetics, upbringing, positive relationships throughout your life, luck etc.

Those things do help but discounting hard work in particular is doing a disservice to many people who study and work hard to get to where they are. Imagine all the hard work and study it takes to become a hospital consultant.

But as they are adults they should be taking responsibility for their actions and respect the law and in particular the guidance for Covid-19. It's not much to ask, the guidance and restrictions are there to protect everyone, themselves included.

People are dead right to call out the antics at these funerals, it's a public health issue.

Travellers take no responsibility for their lack of workforce qualifications despite having no real regard for education

You hardly think they are going to take responsibility for a covid 19 spike in their community?

Some media dope like colette browne will sh1te on about travellers having suffered disproportionately from CV in a snore fest of a PC piece in the coming years

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    They ARE adults. They WERE children. And a much higher proportion of them had a ****ty childhood than people in the settled population.

There is not a much higher number number of travelers in the prison population proportionally, or a much higher proportion of suicides among travelers because settled people are somehow better than them, as many here seem to believe. Nor do people "choose" to live lives filled with violence, anxiety, depression, shame, feelings of inferiority (despite people's assertions "but they're proud of it!" or "culture!")

It's comforting to tell yourself that you have been "successful" and are a good member of society because you have taken responsibility for your own life, but more often than not, it's down to things you had little control over (genetics, upbringing, positive relationships throughout your life, luck etc...)

I'd strongly urge any of the "they are all scumbags" brigade to take a few minutes and watch this video. Excuse the cheesy American production and watch it at face value. Things aren't as black and white when it comes to crime, and groups that see a higher prevalence of violence in them.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8p4pvPd0SRQ

You're the travellers biggest enemy, you excuse their rank dysfunctional "culture", thus encouraging travellers to shift the blame onto society and ruining any chance of them turning a corner or embracing the endless breaks afforded to them , worse still you dress it up in high minded human rights language

Smug liberals who know nothing about what they pontificate about are as big a scourge on this country as travellers, never fear though, always a home for your kind in RTE or the various charlatan QUANGO outfits who earn a living off the traveller freak show

Just home from shopping in Sligo. I was stopped at six armed Garda checkpoints in different parts of town. Ring of steel so to speak. Turns out there's a funeral on here as well.

I'm sure all those guards have far better things to be doing.

Im jealous of Dr Sindy Joyce she has a PHD i dont in fairness thats some going for living in a caravan to going into college
    How did she escape the bad life
    Why dosnt she use her status to call out her community?Violence,rape,incest,forced marriages robbery etc

Also why are children allowes to live in such poor conditions and not go to school in 2020?Why arent Social Services acting?

Im jealous of Dr Sindy Joyce she has a PHD i dont in fairness thats some going for living in a caravan to going into college
    How did she escape the bad life
    Why dosnt she use her status to call out her community?Violence,rape,incest,forced marriages robbery etc

she has a degree in grievance studies , she is embraced by establishment worthies and career do gooders , if she spoke the truth about her community instead of being a victim olympics practitioner , she would have my respect, all she does is play the race card and deny any responsibility from within her community

shes just another phoney victim industry hustler but of course is celebrated by those who earn a living at the same increasingly expanding and lucrative racket , shes firmly an insider now despite posing as the opposite so its no surprise the likes of the weirdo in the aras sings her praise

she doesnt do or say anything remotely brave

Also why are children allowes to live in such poor conditions and not go to school in 2020?Why arent Social Services acting?

sacred cow status

its a form of bigotry which liberals have always been content to partake in , you hold official minorities to a different set of standards

nothing is expected of travellers , not even attaining a basic degree of education

Be interesting to see what is spend on Dr Sindy Joyce

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just home from shopping in Sligo. I was stopped at six armed Garda checkpoints in different parts of town. Ring of steel so to speak. Turns out there's a funeral on here as well.

I'm sure all those guards have far better things to be doing.

Just found out it's the Ward/McDonagh lad that was murdered in Enniskillen a few days ago. Ballymote where the burial will be is now crawling with cops. Could be a nasty one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement