Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truth about traveller crime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

What do they get out of it?
    The idea of spending 10 - 12 hours in A&E would fill most people with a felling of dread.

Is their compulsion to get something for nothing(even something they don't need) that powerful?
    They don't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

10fathoms wrote: »

The slurring and the wet patches on the top seem to indicate he's already had one. He never had a chance, another to become a valuable member of society, no doubt.

Have they been f*cked off The Curragh yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Nope

Apparently they 'can't' be moved on due to the Coronovirus restrictions

Jokeshop

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Nope

Apparently they 'can't' be moved on due to the Coronovirus restrictions

Jokeshop

I understand why they can't be moved at the moment but they didn't show up there until after travel restrictions were put in place, afaik. Another big clean up needed for a beautiful spot when they do get moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

dinorebel wrote:
    They don't wait.

'The untrustables'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭chosen1

'Tobar' is Irish for 'well' but that wouldn't make sense, so have they dropped the 'h' from 'bothar' and done an anagram? I hear that they're mad into Countdown...

How is 'laceen' pronounced? Is is just like 'lasseen', a small lass?

Probably closer to 'toe-ber' in pronounciation. Laceen has a hard C so it's lackeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

boombang wrote: »
    No, you'd be clapped in irons for hate speech.

Not allowed bud,,,,,,,, tis a sin

no.8 wrote: »
    'The untrustables'

The unwashables more like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

https://i.imgur.com/ZduSX3e.mp4

Everyone needs to see this. This constitutes nothing other than child abuse.

I have sent this to Gardaí, TUSLA and Pavee Point. I suggest as many people as possible do the same so that child can be cared for in some way.

https://gofile.io/?c=m34lPd

Needs to be seen. Child is blind drunk middle of the day, not that it should matter what time of day it is. This is horrific stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

I have sent this to Gardaí, TUSLA and Pavee Point. I suggest as many people as possible do the same so that child can be cared for in some way.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113228085&postcount=172

Did you confirm the location was Ireland and not the UK?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113228085&postcount=172

Did you confirm the location was Ireland and not the UK?

does that matter in the context of child abuse? would you report based on territory?

Hard to tell where the location is based on accent with the child so drunk.

does that matter in the context of child abuse? would you report based on territory?

Hard to tell where the location is based on accent with the child so drunk.

I think it may as I doubt TUSLA have the authority to intervene in the UK.

I think it may as I doubt TUSLA have the authority to intervene in the UK.

Gardaí do with cross broder cooperation and I am sure Pavee point in Uk have to be informed so lets cover all bases? Is that ok? Do you think this should be an Irish only issue for some reason?

Gardaí do with cross broder cooperation and I am sure Pavee point in Uk have to be informed so lets cover all bases? Is that ok? Do you think this should be an Irish only issue for some reason?

I only asked have you confirmed which country the video is from as I can not tell.
    Knowing more info will make it much easier to report.

I only asked have you confirmed which country the video is from as I can not tell.
    Knowing more info will make it much easier to report.

ok...apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Yeah it’s posted about 4 posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can someone answer me this question...

Why are there so many irish travellers living in england?? has it always been that way or is it a recent (past 20yrs) phenomenon??

fryup wrote: »

Why are there so many irish travellers living in england?? has it always been that way or is it a recent (past 20yrs) phenomenon??

Same reason there are so many Irish people in general over there, its close. Plus, like here, its full of soft people to take advantage of and has a soft judicial system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Same reason there are so many Irish people in general over there, its close. Plus, like here, its full of soft people to take advantage of and has a soft judicial system.

Judicial system is not as soft, you'd get far longer sentences for burglary etc.

Some are ducking the law here and England is so vast and populated its harder to be spotted. Lot of vulnerable elderly people in the UK with less community spirit looking out for them makes the Elderly easy pickings there.
    Most elderly people here have been robbed of what they have or had to move in with relations or nursing homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not sure about this. I think they are just highlighted a lot in the news.
    I know they are Irish travellers around Europe and Australia offering there services and selling goods. They generally receive a mixed response from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm sick of them roaming the streets, looking at anything to rob, watching houses and knocking violently at doors....

Really really sick of them.....

These numbers are from Wikipedia so may not be the most accurate.

About 30,000 Irish travellers in Ireland and about 15,000 in the UK

Many have been in the UK for generations and moved for economic reasons.

Even if you mainly make a living from illegal activity there is more money to be make in a country not in recession than one that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

These numbers are from Wikipedia so may not be the most accurate.

About 30,000 Irish travellers in Ireland and about 15,000 in the UK

Many have been in the UK for generations and moved for economic reasons.

Even if you mainly make a living from illegal activity there is more money to be make in a country not in recession than one that is.

Suppose it helps getting welfare across borders and over the sea too.....

Also slave labour worked for them for many years in the UK and God knows what they get away with here....

Mad seeing the British cops not knowing what to do with them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

pablo128 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/pPe0XtpIIm4
    The good auld reliable John Connors sticks his tuppence worth in. Surprise surprise.

Episode 2 should appear soon. Apparently his camp in Darndale got raided today.

Suppose it helps getting welfare across borders and over the sea too.....

I don't think most of them do jump the border much. There is no need for them to exploit social welfare in this way and they the ones in the UK generally don't have proof of residence here to collect our dole.

Bare knuckle boxing with a lot of money on the line and Christmas time seems to be when they visit Ireland.

Many areas of the Uk just have greater opportunities to make money than in Ireland by doing what travellers generally do.

Saw it,and it's truly all that's wrong with their so called culture,this stupid macho crap starts at that kids age,no wonder they grow up wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I'm sick of them roaming the streets, looking at anything to rob, watching houses and knocking violently at doors....

Really really sick of them.....
    It's part of their intimidation tactics. Trying to frighten any old people in the house, and it sets the scene to extort money from them.
    Pity there is no law in Ireland that prohibits this type of activity.

Maybe we should strengthen up our solicitation laws, as in, no, you have no right to be in my back yard to find out if I am selling any of my lawn machinery ...... locked in my shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Could be due to land laws. Doesnt the UK have far more open public spaces than here, where most land outside of the cities are farmlands or privately held? And there are rambling laws allowing people to walk across farmlands without getting done for trespassing or such?

Could be far easier to fence off a scrap of public land as part of a national park and turn it into a halting site than in Ireland. Initially could be just seen as a family or two pitching down for some caravaning, which is also a bigger deal in the UK, so easier to buy/repair caravans or travel around (Gardai might be a bit more alert if they spotted three jeeps pulling caravans travel past them within a 5 minute window than a UK officer as very few travel round with caravans in Ireland bar Travellers).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Now now folks we can't be upsetting the knacks by treating them the same as everyone else, what would their world come to if we started taking the kids off them and educating them, they need to grow up to embrace the culture of free money housing and land while thinking everyone owes them something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement