Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jarmet Sprayers - Agri Machinery

Options
  • 16-04-2020 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

We just bought a new 4OOLitre Jarmet sprayer. I'm a bit worried because as soon as I turn on the PTO, the Pump of the sprayer makes a knocking noise.

I seen this discussed previously here on Boards.ie back in the early 2010's but the discussion ditn't really come to any proper conclusion!

Just wondering does anybody else who has the same type sprayer have the same problem ?

Thanks,
    Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭grange mac

Hi,

We just bought a new 4OOLitre Jarmet sprayer. I'm a bit worried because as soon as I turn on the PTO, the Pump of the sprayer makes a knocking noise.

I seen this discussed previously here on Boards.ie back in the early 2010's but the discussion ditn't really come to any proper conclusion!

Just wondering does anybody else who has the same type sprayer have the same problem ?

Thanks,
    Shane

Should be red handle, turn it can't remember which way... I've one them sprayers

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

grange mac wrote: »
    Should be red handle, turn it can't remember which way... I've one them sprayers

What is your opinion of Jarmet Sprayers ?
    I am thinking of buying one.
    I remember reading sometime ago there is a problem with the booms hitting the ground where the surface is uneven; perhaps the problem is with the tractor driver and not the sprayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭lab man

What is your opinion of Jarmet Sprayers ? I am thinking of buying one. I remember reading sometime ago there is a problem with the booms hitting the ground where the surface is uneven; perhaps the problem is with the tractor driver and not the sprayer?

ive a 600 ltr sprayer the problem is buying a boom thats too wide for hilly or uneven ground if i was going buying one again id make sure there is a ram to lift the boom up and down twould make some difference my booms are 12 mtr too wide unless on totally flat ground

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Hi,

Thanks,
    Shane

It makes a sort of knocking noise when running alright. If the boom valves are closed make sure the valve for agitating is open otherwise it’ll be dead heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭grange mac

What is your opinion of Jarmet Sprayers ?
    I am thinking of buying one.
    I remember reading sometime ago there is a problem with the booms hitting the ground where the surface is uneven; perhaps the problem is with the tractor driver and not the sprayer?

I've mine bout 5years, on hilly ground boom does hit but there are u shaped wedges on either end to keep nozzles off ground by 6 inches. Straight fwd operation so happy with it. I learned hard way clean all filters in it but since then no problem. Only thing is if buying one make sure it had a hand wash tap on it to wash hands afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fanmanad

Have a 400lt with 10m booms for 3 years. No frills basic sprayer and does the job. Good bit cheaper than anything else. Self fill pump is a must. I fitted a lever valve just before the second extension on the booms so can shut it off and work with 6m on hilly ground

fanmanad wrote: »
    Have a 400lt with 10m booms for 3 years. No frills basic sprayer and does the job. Good bit cheaper than anything else. Self fill pump is a must. I fitted a lever valve just before the second extension on the booms so can shut it off and work with 6m on hilly ground

Self fill as in it would suck water out of a barrel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Op i think the knocking noise is just the diaphragm in the pump. I've a hardi here from new and it's always knocked. more so at low revs.

working fine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Hi,

Thanks,
    Shane
    I have one and find that happens when the pressure is too high. Drop revs, flip on the mixer switch. Adjust pressure. Have it maybe 8 years onky had to replace the little rubbers on the nossels really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Another good thing about them jamet sprayers is that parts are absolutely dirt cheap for them, a neighbour borrowed mine and managed to crack the whole valve assembly around the red lever, I thought it would be 100s for a new one, cost 35e delivered.

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    Another good thing about them jamet sprayers is that parts are absolutely dirt cheap for them, a neighbour borrowed mine and managed to crack the whole valve assembly around the red lever, I thought it would be 100s for a new one, cost 35e delivered.

Oh where did you get parts?
    Those rubber disks were a fierce price last time I got them local. I'll be going back to the old bycicle tube . I need to replace the emptying tap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »

Thanks, I think the bits i got are 60p each was charged €5 @ piece

Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fanmanad

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Self fill as in it would suck water out of a barrel?

Yeah can suck out of a barrel. Take water from a river here. Filled in less than 10 mins.....be a while with the mains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭lab man

fanmanad wrote:
    Yeah can suck out of a barrel. Take water from a river here. Filled in less than 10 mins.....be a while with the mains

i bought one of the aldi water pumps for filling have a ball cock on a 1000 ltr ibc tank so aldi pump roughly 7 /10 mins to fill the 600 litre an shes filling away when spraying

lab man wrote: »
    i bought one of the aldi water pumps for filling have a ball cock on a 1000 ltr ibc tank so aldi pump roughly 7 /10 mins to fill the 600 litre an shes filling away when spraying

What powers the Aldi pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

grange mac wrote: »
    I've mine bout 5years, on hilly ground boom does hit but there are u shaped wedges on either end to keep nozzles off ground by 6 inches. Straight fwd operation so happy with it. I learned hard way clean all filters in it but since then no problem. Only thing is if buying one make sure it had a hand wash tap on it to wash hands afterwards.

Thanks.

Advertisement