Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charities to support during pandemic

Options
  • 17-04-2020 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Everyone is suffering at the moment. Included in this are a lot of charities both at home and abroad who have seen a serious drop in funding. What charities do you want to give a mention to, and how do you support them? Leave details for how people can donate below.
    (Once an organization has been suggested, please go to their original website rather than clicking on links here to avoid scamming.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

For me personally, there are so many, many charities that I could mention. But I’m personally donating to UNICEF save the children, Yemen. I’ve been following the war there and in Syria for a number of years.(2 separate countries, with two different sets of problems). It’s completely heartbreaking. Channel 4 have some very educational documentaries in ‘Unreported World’. You can support through Unicef ‘save the children’. And if you have time I highly, highly recommend the award winning docufilm ‘For Sama’ (a very gritty hard watch) about children in Syria. Can you imagine the cronavirus on top of all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I donated to MECINS SANS FRONTIES.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I donated to MECINS SANS FRONTIES.

Revolut suggested didn't it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

https://aoibheannspinktie.ie/

Provide help and support for children and there families while battling cancer, they are active in crumlin children's hospital on st johns ward, imagine finding out your child is very ill and being sent straight to hospital, some of these families may not have a lot of money so aoibheannspinktie will help them out while there, they all so do a lovely gesture in remembering the children that have died when its there birthday by sending a card and some flowers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is my favourite charity https://www.copegalway.ie/coronavirus-appeal/

• Advertisement
Advertisement