If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sapphire screens

Options
  • 17-04-2020 8:47am

Hi,
    I was looking at some motorized flush mounted projector screens on the site but they are now gone.
    Will they be back or have you stopped selling them ?
    Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,
    I was looking at some motorized flush mounted projector screens on the site but they are now gone.
    Will they be back or have you stopped selling them ?
    Cheers
    Hi BrownFinger.

Thanks for the post.

Some of the screen are special order and come direct from the manufacture we have had to remove these until we confirm we can supply them during the lockdown.

Is there a particular screen you where looking at?

Kenny.

Hi Kenny,
    I'm still in the research phase.
    I was wondering how long the screens are?
    I like my screens low like a civilised human !!!!

Hi Kenny,
    I'm still in the research phase.
    I was wondering how long the screens are?
    I like my screens low like a civilised human !!!!
    Hey BrownFinger.

The length of the screen would depend on the size of screen you go for 92" 100" 106" of larger.

I've checked and the special order screen are also removed from our .co.uk website.

The 106" Electrical Sapphire screen is very popular coming in at £469 (Currently in stock in our main warehouse).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202630-sapphire-sews240rwsf-atr-106-inch-electric-projector-screen.aspx

The full spec for this screen would be:
    Viewable Screen Dimensions Metric Imperial
    Width 2346mm 92.4"
    Height 1319mm 51.9"
    Diagonal 2691mm 106.0"
    Area 3.09m² 33.31'

Overall Material Surface Dimensions
    Width 2440mm 96.1"
    Height 1924mm 75.7"
    Diagonal 3107mm 122.3"
    Top Border Size 550mm 21.65"
    Bottom Border 55mm 2.17"
    Left & Right Border Size 47mm 1.85"
    Area 4.69m² 50.53'

Case Dimensions
    Length 2658mm 104.6"
    Height 96mm 3.8"
    Depth 91mm 3.6"

Surface Specifications
    Surface Finish Matt White
    Gain 1.1
    Viewing Angle 140°
    Foot Lamberts / ANSI Lumen 33.03 / 1000
    Lux / ANSI Lumen 355.48 / 1000

Additional Information
    Weight 14.70kg.

The 106" Electrical Sapphire screen is very popular coming in at £469 (Currently in stock in our main warehouse).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202630-sapphire-sews240rwsf-atr-106-inch-electric-projector-screen.aspx

Thanks,
    I'll be looking for one of the in ceiling models. 
    I'll measure up over the weekend and see whats what.

Thanks,
    I'll be looking for one of the in ceiling models. 
    I'll measure up over the weekend and see whats what.
    Hey BrownFinger.

I'm pretty sure that one can be mounted flush in the ceiling.

We use the pull down version of this at our Belfast store and it is recessed into the ceiling.

Let me know when you get measured up and if you come across a screen that suits.

• Advertisement

Ok did some measuring and have a model number.
    Can you get me a price on the SEC 200 BWSF-A2 ?
    Thats the 92" screen, seems to be the sweet spot for my room.

http://www.sapphireav.com/Sapphire-Dedicated-Electric-Recessed-Screen-Viewing-Area-2032mm-x-1146mm-169-Approx-Case-Dimensions-Not-Including-Surround-L-2192-x-H-122-x-D-135mm_p_442.html

Thanks

Edit-Are these screens OK to place a speaker behind?My center channel will be covered.

SEC-200-BWSF-A2.jpg

Hey BrownFinger.

I wouldn't be able to get the price and availability on that screen until we resume our special order process again unfortunately.

92" is a good size.
    We use a 92" screen in our demo room at the store but its just the basic Optoma one.

Placing you centre speaker behind the screen may cause the screen to sit out from the wall at that spot and may cause distortion of the image. (Depending in how much the centre sits out from your wall).

If you don't mind waiting until things get back to normalish and we can then check with Sapphire for the screen.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Kenny.

Hey BrownFinger.

I wouldn't be able to get the price and availability on that screen until we resume our special order process again unfortunately.

92" is a good size.
    We use a 92" screen in our demo room at the store but its just the basic Optoma one.

Placing you centre speaker behind the screen may cause the screen to sit out from the wall at that spot and may cause distortion of the image. (Depending in how much the centre sits out from your wall).

If you don't mind waiting until things get back to normalish and we can then check with Sapphire for the screen.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Kenny.

No rush at all.
    Center is a monitor audio radius I got off yourselfs last year with an lg oled so they are very tight to the wall.
    Room has a coving so it'll all work perfectly.
    I might be able to move the speaker below the tv but it's solid concrete and I only chased them in last year .......the missus won't be happy.

No rush at all.
    Center is a monitor audio radius I got off yourselfs last year with an lg oled so they are very tight to the wall.
    Room has a coving so it'll all work perfectly.
    I might be able to move the speaker below the tv but it's solid concrete and I only chased them in last year .......the missus won't be happy.
    Hey BrownFinger.

The Radius doesn't sit that far out from the wall so you might be ok.

As soon as Sapphire are taking requests again I'll get pricing and revert back.

Stay safe.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.