Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best camera on a 5" mobile

• 17-04-2020 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a mobile with a 4 - 5 inch screen that has a good camera - nice detail & zoom

Doesn't matter if its a few years old or an apple

Thx in advance,

Comments

Have you checked out the new iPhone SE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not many 4-5" phones on the market these days. Even older ones would be cost prohibitive as the battery wouldn't be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Google Pixel 3a is good for the money. 5" screen.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Google Pixel 3a is good for the money. 5" screen.

5.6-inch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

GBX wrote: »
    Not many 4-5" phones on the market these days. Even older ones would be cost prohibitive as the battery wouldn't be great.

i hate modern big screen phones, they don't fit in my front jean pocket...surely there's still a market for smaller screen phones ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

fryup wrote: »
    Looking for a mobile with a 4 - 5 inch screen that has a good camera - nice detail & zoom

Doesn't matter if its a few years old or an apple

Thx in advance,

What phone have you got at the moment? Newer phones have far batter screen to body ratios meaning even though the screen is big they are not necessarily that big.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

i hate modern big screen phones, they don't fit in my front jean pocket...surely there's still a market for smaller screen phones ??

Don't go by screen size. Compare your current phone size to newer models and there may not be huge difference. Screen ratio has increased but overall size on quite a few hasn't jumped by much.
    Check kimovil.com on the desktop site it gives a size outline guide to compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

You might have to look at the xiaomi 4x if you don't mind older android

Older phones must not have been able to fit in your jeans pockets either as the size of phones hasn't changed much, just screen ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

DopeTech wrote: »
    What phone have you got at the moment?.

nokia 1 it's a nice compact phone with a 4.5 screen ...but the camera is crap:(

• Advertisement

I'd recommend the S10e, not that much bigger than your current phone.
    https://phonesized.com/compare/#959,1182

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

smaller phones, especially newer ones, tend to have crap batteries.... majority of 5" or less phones have a battery of less than 3000mAh

you could look at something left field like the ulefone armor x7

13 MGpx camera would be a big upgrade on your current 5MGpx, plus twice the ram and twice the capacity and twice the battery (NFC as a nice cherry too, plus android 10)

you can compare them here

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/nokia-1,ulefone-armor-x7

Advertisement